Ramuh.Rowland said:
Note to self: Don't do events with Ilvex
 Midgardsormr.Mikania
Server: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: Mikania
By Midgardsormr.Mikania 2010-03-01 14:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

For Rdm/Sch: Dark Art + Bio3 is still pretty beefy. And Storms (if allowed) will put good use to the stupid people with 8/8 Elemental Obi(e.g. Me).

Rdm/Nin: Yonin makes good tanking.

But yea. I can see how others jobs stand to gain more from the rdm sub than the rdm main, since most of the key spells are under 50s. It'll be kind of silly to be completely void of new (trait/JA/spells) between 75 and 99.(over 9000!).
 Hades.Peitha
Server: Hades
user: Peitha
By Hades.Peitha 2010-03-02 10:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Evolex said:

Rdm is my main job. I think SE will make RDM better and I can't wait for the updates. Image what you can do with most subs with the new updates, Rdm is going to be even more unstoppable. I'm thinking very positive, cause if SE fks up, I will be so heartbroken.
 Bismarck.Evolex
Server: Bismarck
user: Evolex
By Bismarck.Evolex 2010-03-02 12:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Peitha said:
Bismarck.Evolex said:
Rdm is my main job. I think SE will make RDM better and I can't wait for the updates. Image what you can do with most subs with the new updates, Rdm is going to be even more unstoppable. I'm thinking very positive, cause if SE fks up, I will be so heartbroken.

lol... sry about that. Post was originally of rdm/sch already being able to hit 9/tic bio3, so /sch might not be viable for bio3 granted if we encounter a cap to bio3 after the update. Of course there will be other adv. to to it not just the extra drk skill. Wasn't sure if mika's post was directed at soloing or as backlining.

Yeah, I hope you're right Pei. As of right now, w/ just the cap update, all jobs are practically the same, so we'll see.

FYI SE, I'd like a B+ in sword even thought i can work w/ the B skill just fine. Not much of an update, but something I'd like for my own shitz n giggles.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-03-02 12:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Blu/Rdm might be nice... with Relic Body armour, adds refresh effect, with traits conserveMP and auto-refresh already and just bascially refresh-1, I was thinking that it will be nice and also with convert too...

Blue will have a unneverending of MP...which will be nice.

Edit: I already own like + 25 to hmp...
 Midgardsormr.Mikania
By Midgardsormr.Mikania 2010-03-02 14:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Knowing SE, all the new NM (and HNM) will be immune the sleep/bind/grav, then just throw in slow para immunity at it. Goes to show what lv 500 enf magic can do.

/rage
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-02 14:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:
Note to self: Don't do events with Ilvex
Psh I would. Be a contest to see who could do it first lol
 Siren.Talonn
Server: Siren
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-02 14:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said:
I think you're missing the point that you're getting new spells. For instance, some possible new spells:

Refresh II
Haste II
Hastega
Slowga
Slow III
Paralyze III
Blind III
Dia IV
Phalanx III

etc.

So you might not get as much with subjobs, but you could get some pretty awesome stuff as RDM.
only new enfeebling spells were announced :\

Also, again everyone - everything that is opened up as a new subjob JA was said that it would be gimped IE convert probably won't be as potent as /rdm as it is on RDM main. They also said that these new JAs opened up to main jobs with subjobs will be compenstated for (IE as mentioned above in my post) So before we get all gung-ho (again) about these things we really need to wait and see how they are gimping these JAs when you are /whatever

Speculate all you want - just thought I would let you know.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-02 14:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Talonn said:

Also, again everyone - everything that is opened up as a new subjob JA was said that it would be gimped IE convert probably won't be as potent as /rdm as it is on RDM main. They also said that these new JAs opened up to main jobs with subjobs will be compenstated for (IE as mentioned above in my post) So before we get all gung-ho (again) about these things we really need to wait and see how they are gimping these JAs when you are /whatever

GDI is there any coverage of this stuff or is everyone who knows watched the live feed?

Also T3 enfeebles completely invalidates merited T2. Which is kinda sucky. Basically a big fat you get nothing for merits now!!! But thanks for wasting those merit points
 Bismarck.Evolex
By Bismarck.Evolex 2010-03-02 14:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed. JA's won't be as potent.

Current examples: Souleater, Meditate, SA/TA dmg mods, etc.

Edit to the above post: Level capped areas @ 75 for the old areas would validate our merits again. They did mention whole new merit type @ 99 so may be tier3 spells might not be available till then. Either way, I don't think they'll COMPLETELY invalidate our T2.
 Siren.Talonn
Server: Siren
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-02 15:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It was covered over twitter along with the Live feed. So those who missed all that are the ones talking on all these threads i guess ><

A side note on /sam:
They said that they are thinking about opening up Sekkonki for /sam. (im sure some people will be excited) But don't think it will be the exact same, although I don't know what they can do to really 'gimp' it like they can others.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-02 15:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Well there are a few ways they could gimp it. They could make the first ws eat up say at least 140 tp instead of 100. They could make the first hit count as 50% tp instead of 100%. Which would probably play all kinds of hell on those acc varies with tp ones lol.

Would be funny to do solo 3 steps on blu though
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-03-02 19:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

^^^^^

I cannot get the quote to work tonight.. LOL

..but a Man after my own heart..Ahh Blu... soloing 3 steps on a blu, I'm telling ya the war over Red Vs Blu will be like Ebony and Ivory....living in harmony!

LOL
 Leviathan.Solare
Server: Leviathan
user: Solare
By Leviathan.Solare 2010-03-03 04:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I find this all rather funny. Alot the RDM's complaining they aren't going to be the god of everything now *cough*DRG/SAM,BLM, RNG*cough* Its not the end because you guys aint the main refreshers, and people can now convert. I'm positive that at 99, RDM's will have gear/spells/skills to solo crap that /RDM's etc wont be able to. Especially with the speculation of hasteII, refreshII etc. You're all jumping the guns a bit.

Its not like you guys have gone from spamming 1000+ DMG on exp mobs, to not really getting any invites for 4yrs.
 Phoenix.Kristiania
Server: Phoenix
user: JCCanezo2
By Phoenix.Kristiania 2010-03-03 04:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

While Convert has been confirmed as subbable, you must make note of the fact that refresh might not be sub job available. I have a feeling that they might exclude that since it takes away from the uniqueness of RDM main.

And to the person who said /SCH will give hastega and refreshga; good luck with that. You won't be able to do both with 2 charges that recharges one charge every 2 minutes since Haste lasts 3 minutes and Refresh lasts 2 mins 30secs; well at least not to have these buffs up continuously.

[For example, you start off a battle and accession haste, then use another charge to accession refresh. At the 2 minute mark, you get one charge back, 30 seconds, refresh wears so you accession and refresh. You now have 1 minute and 30 seconds to wait for that charge to come back while the haste wears off in 30 seconds. You'll have a minute of no hasted units, and are better off to manually cast one buff on a single target rotation and keep the other up with accession.]
 Lakshmi.Andromida
Server: Lakshmi
user: Andromida
By Lakshmi.Andromida 2010-03-03 05:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I think as far as refresh is concerned with a subjob if RDM gets Refresh 2 that gives significantly more MP/tic it would still give RDM a key uniqueness. For example: Why do BLMs insist on having a Relic Bard over a normal bard? It's only 2 MP/tic more
 Bismarck.Evolex
By Bismarck.Evolex 2010-03-03 09:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kristiania said:
While Convert has been confirmed as subbable, you must make note of the fact that refresh might not be sub job available. I have a feeling that they might exclude that since it takes away from the uniqueness of RDM main.

Wouldn't doubt it. After all the main pic of the whm and pup only show them using JA's not so much the spells. Does sound somewhat awkward we wouldn't get access to such spells we wouldn't have available otherwise. It's the whole point of the SJ system.
 Phoenix.Kristiania
Server: Phoenix
user: JCCanezo2
By Phoenix.Kristiania 2010-03-03 12:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Evolex said:
Phoenix.Kristiania said:

Wouldn't doubt it. After all the main pic of the whm and pup only show them using JA's not so much the spells. Does sound somewhat awkward we wouldn't get access to such spells we wouldn't have available otherwise. It's the whole point of the SJ system.

I mean, you basically need to look at this:

"Support job abilities that are not expected to steal the limelight from main jobs as a result of the level cap increase will be allowed to come into play. Furthermore, there are plans to tweak certain job abilities, job traits, and magic spells on an ongoing basis in order to further accentuate the uniqueness of each job when used in a main role, as well as its versatility when playing a supporting role."

So, no one can say for certain really, we'll have to wait and see what happens.
 Asura.Barthalomew
Server: Asura
user: Forby
By Asura.Barthalomew 2010-03-03 15:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Siren.Talonn said:

GDI is there any coverage of this stuff or is everyone who knows watched the live feed?

Also T3 enfeebles completely invalidates merited T2. Which is kinda sucky. Basically a big fat you get nothing for merits now!!! But thanks for wasting those merit points

It won't make merrited abilities obsolete..

Here is my theory. They are going to make all of the current vanadiel areas 75 capped. All of the new areas will be unlocked up to 99. This way it doesn't make old areas a "walk in the park" and it doesn't make old merited abilities obsolete.. once again.. just a theory.
 Midgardsormr.Mikania
By Midgardsormr.Mikania 2010-03-03 17:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Barthalomew said:
They are going to make all of the current vanadiel areas 75 capped. All of the new areas will be unlocked up to 99.

Oh man, that means we are going to need more space... guu~

Or make it similar to crafting where only 1 job can be level 99. The thought of being pigeonholed. into 1 job...FOREVER... ever...ever...
 Bismarck.Evolex
By Bismarck.Evolex 2010-03-04 14:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Mikania said:
pigeonholed[/url]. into 1 job...FOREVER... ever...ever...

This reminded me of The Sandlot >.>;

lol..
By Zephuros 2010-03-04 14:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah they won't level cap vana'diel (live feed video shows against marsh murre), but I get the feeling they could up the merit limits on current merits and 99 merits are a completely different ball game.
 Bahamut.Paragonx
Server: Bahamut
user: paragonx
By Bahamut.Paragonx 2010-03-07 01:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said:
I think you're missing the point that you're getting new spells. For instance, some possible new spells:

Refresh II
Haste II
Hastega
Slowga
Slow III
Paralyze III
Blind III
Dia IV
Phalanx III

etc.

So you might not get as much with subjobs, but you could get some pretty awesome stuff as RDM.
I will be piss if they put Slow III
Paralyze III
Slow III
Phalanx III
after i spend hours on putting merits in them... that just means all the merits u had be4 are usless... i'ma just quit the game if that happens -_- 500+ merits down the drain.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2010-03-07 01:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
'reported'

Unless it was on the offical POL page or Vanafest twitter, I'm not going to waste my time with it.

What they did say (that was previously mentioned) officially about making sure jobs stayed balanced or whatever, I will acknowledge.

lol I stayed up and actually watched like two hours of the live stream when Vanafest was happening (and was constantly refreshing the twitter page to understand it lol) and I definitely remember seeing the screenshot of a WHM using Convert. In fact I'm pretty sure they mentioned it on the twitter.

Fenrir.Fearforever
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2010-03-07 02:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

They mentioned somewhere that because people subbing /rdm would get access to Convert and Refresh they're almost positive they will give RDM a 2nd or "Enhanced" Refresh spell to make the job just as attractive as it is now.

It makes sence since from Lv76-99 BRD is bound to get Ballad III (+Ballad II = 5mp/tick) so maybe Refresh II would be 5mp/tick refresh? :D
 Bahamut.Paulus
Server: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2010-03-07 02:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I want them to introduce plague to the RDM spell list. Perhaps even a weak break spell. Perhaps it will last only for 2 seconds but it would be great. I also worry about getting these tier III spells without getting full access to tier II spells as a result of the limitation on merits.

Maybe for every level past 75 you get uncapped even more. Eventually this would lead to being level 81 with fully uncapped tier II spells. Then we could get our normal progression of tier IIIs.

As far as /sch. The possibilities are intriguing. If RDM gets the storm type spells that will make our elemental magic accuracy a serious boost.

I don't expect them to give us AOE buffs sadly.