Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » RDM: benefits of having subjobs lvl49
RDM: benefits of having subjobs lvl49
 Seraph.Dierdreh
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Dierdreh
By Seraph.Dierdreh 2010-03-08 00:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I know I have heard a few people worrying over other mages getting Convert and refresh (IF SE lets them have Refresh. nothing is in stone yet) but even if they did it wont take RDM out of the picture.If anything else well be rediculously over powered in my opinion. I mean, how adversely is it displacing you? So what if BLM gets convert. That just means SE will come out with a new way to play RDM and/or youll become the ultimate solo job (as i guess it always been but better I suppose.) Not to mention to keep in mind we will still be the #1 debuffing machine as we should be. I am just debaiting what will be a the #1 full time sub for RDM... I wanna say it'll be SCH depending on what abilities become available.. or it'll still be BLM. Dunno yet but well find out I am sure. As long as they have a Paralyze III Spell I'll be happpy *drool*
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-03-08 01:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

If we're able to -ga our buffs at that level, I can see myself wanting to go /sch a lot more.
 Hades.Sephrin
Server: Hades
user: xSephrinx
By Hades.Sephrin 2010-03-08 02:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Red Mage is my favorite job ever since I started to play this godforsaken game 5 years ago. I was kind of =O about other jobs getting convert as /rdm, but it will definitely be gimped! I predict a 2:1 ratio. If you have 1000 HP you will only get back 500 mp and vice versa. SE could even go as far as to make it 4:1 ratio. This will suck for Tarutaru tho and would have to make a "HP build" for convert. Other races would have to as well if they'd want as much MP converted as possible.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm already cramped in storage space as it is! Hopefully this update will be accompanied by some more space.

As far as /sch goes, I still sub sch to merit parties and I am perfectly happy with 2 stratagem charges. I do foresee them giving rdm access to accession but I think we'd be fine w/o it. SE could possibly gimp accession by making the MP used when under accession to 4x or more the norm. Remember RDM is meant to be an everlasting pool of MP and giving us accession would make us just stand there and look pretty xD. Even tho sch will get haste at Lv 80 /whm and Lv 96 as /rdm, it's OK! Poor blokes do need it so they can be considered viable main healers instead of last resort omgtheresnordmorwhmlfpiguessi'llgetthesch options. Just remember that we won't see Lv 99 available till late this year so we have a lot of time to ponder this.

As far as refresh goes I do see SE giving us Refresh 2. Or maybe just boosting our current refresh and gimping /rdm refresh. Haste 2, no way! It would break the game I think. Haste is fine the way it is and no big with other jobs helping with haste and refresh! Lets us RDMs focus more on other tasks such as keeping phalanx up or enfeebling more. Can't count the number of times I've had to not enfeeb because haste would be more important and vice versa. (when I'm the only mage around)

Phalanx, hmm well... I was at a loss here for a few. I'm not sure if Phalanx III would be a viable addition. Maybe have a Phalanx III meritable ability where it negates a high amount of magic dmg only? I dunno but it would definitely be a new meritable spell at Lv99. Phalanx II is broken and needs an update, big time! Hopefully this issue is addressed, but I highly doubt it because it looks like SE is big on the 'looking foward' bit.

Higher tier of enfeeb spells does sound rather attractive but I think it'll be for the new merit system at Lv99. To give you something to look foward to after you reach the light at the end of the tunnel. I do see them capping areas like Limbus and Dynamis to 75 and thus not making our merits obsolete. Would make sense don't you think? If a new player comes into the scene and just stands in dynamis doing nothing because his Lv99 buddies are doing everything for him doesn't sound very "SE'ish" to me, lol.

Ok I type too much XD. /novel end
[+]
 Garuda.Feifongwong
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2010-03-17 04:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

just realizing this now, maybe...

but rdm/drk will get the absorb spells... absorb-int

nice~
 Asura.Wyrd
Server: Asura
user: kylericks
By Asura.Wyrd 2010-03-17 05:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Sovereign said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
'reported'

Unless it was on the offical POL page or Vanafest twitter, I'm not going to waste my time with it.

What they did say (that was previously mentioned) officially about making sure jobs stayed balanced or whatever, I will acknowledge.

lol I stayed up and actually watched like two hours of the live stream when Vanafest was happening (and was constantly refreshing the twitter page to understand it lol) and I definitely remember seeing the screenshot of a WHM using Convert. In fact I'm pretty sure they mentioned it on the twitter.

They did I watched it live.

On a sidenote, what if they adjusted Refresh to work like Phalanx and be based off of the Enhancing Magic Skill?
 Hades.Tripster
Server: Hades
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2010-03-17 09:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wyrd said:
Diabolos.Sovereign said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
'reported'

Unless it was on the offical POL page or Vanafest twitter, I'm not going to waste my time with it.

What they did say (that was previously mentioned) officially about making sure jobs stayed balanced or whatever, I will acknowledge.

lol I stayed up and actually watched like two hours of the live stream when Vanafest was happening (and was constantly refreshing the twitter page to understand it lol) and I definitely remember seeing the screenshot of a WHM using Convert. In fact I'm pretty sure they mentioned it on the twitter.

They did I watched it live.

On a sidenote, what if they adjusted Refresh to work like Phalanx and be based off of the Enhancing Magic Skill?

Hitler is so quitting FFXI and going to WoW.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-03-17 10:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said:
I highly doubt they'd make you level 24 more levels and not give you anything worthwhile. Remember, you could Accession -> Refresh II or Haste II or something. I'm almost positive there will be a Refresh II. There has to be with how much MP spells will cost at 99.

Speaking of this, as a MEREE, I'm curious about new WSs, they can't just give us campaign WSs and expect that to be that.

As for RDM, I'll probably use /WHM and /SCH, /SCH for AOE buffs, Sure WHM will be able to Convert, but they can only Refresh one person at a time, I can Refresh the whole freaking PT, maybe even Refresh II, which I'd hope is a Gate of Tartarus-like effect, 6/tick.
 Quetzalcoatl.Zandra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Zandra
By Quetzalcoatl.Zandra 2010-03-17 10:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone stop to think that they might just gimp refresh to be ~1 or 2 mp when subbed? they don't need to make refresh 2 (would be nice though!) to keep us rdms as most desirable refresher. It just gives other jobs a little more versatility..

but honestly, you cant have the whm doing a full refresh cycle, haste cycle, buffs, regen, AND heal. it's just too much to do and someone would probably end up dead. So even if they have access to it, it doesn't mean they're replacing rdm
 Phoenix.Lucasta
user: lucasta
By Phoenix.Lucasta 2010-03-17 10:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Ilvex said:
oh look X item I wanted drop finally! Chainspell Warp II ***!

LMAO! classic.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-03-17 11:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Zandra said:
anyone stop to think that they might just gimp refresh to be ~1 or 2 mp when subbed? they don't need to make refresh 2 (would be nice though!) to keep us rdms as most desirable refresher. It just gives other jobs a little more versatility.. but honestly, you cant have the whm doing a full refresh cycle, haste cycle, buffs, regen, AND heal. it's just too much to do and someone would probably end up dead. So even if they have access to it, it doesn't mean they're replacing rdm

That's what I did from 50-75 on RDM.
 Bismarck.Danz
Server: Bismarck
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-03-17 11:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

flash is acculy kinda nice for RDM/WHM can be used in emergency or if you want to try to block a nasty weapon skill for landing fully and are confident the tank has plenty of hate. just hit it with the flash
 Quetzalcoatl.Zandra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Zandra
By Quetzalcoatl.Zandra 2010-03-17 11:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:

ya, i immediately regretted writing that as soon as i saw it. that is exactly what we do.... i'm going to blame that on the time. off to bed for me.

but ya, 1~2mp/tic refresh! discuss
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-03-17 11:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Zandra said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
ya, i immediately regretted writing that as soon as i saw it. that is exactly what we do.... i'm going to blame that on the time. off to bed for me. but ya, 1~2mp/tic refresh! discuss

lol
 Remora.Dubont
Server: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2010-03-17 12:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of what I'm seeing here is a lot of "QQ other jobs get convert wah!!! RDM Can't be refresh *** anymore!!!" I for one am kinda happy about this. Maybe we will start to see RDM in whole new light. MAYBE people will be able to play RDM for what it is instead of a gimp WHM with refresh and convert.

As far as other jobs getting refresh...who cares? Did Sams cry when other jobs got meditate? Did nin cry when other jobs got Ni? I'm tired of every party needing a rdm only for refresh and healing...hell it may be fun to have a WHM and a RDM for once...WHM heals and refreshes and RDM OH MY GOD ENFEEBLES! Possible melee? One can only hope.
 Cerberus.Rayik
Server: Cerberus
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2010-03-29 08:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Dubont said:
A lot of what I'm seeing here is a lot of "QQ other jobs get convert wah!!! RDM Can't be refresh *** anymore!!!" I for one am kinda happy about this. Maybe we will start to see RDM in whole new light. MAYBE people will be able to play RDM for what it is instead of a gimp WHM with refresh and convert.

As far as other jobs getting refresh...who cares? Did Sams cry when other jobs got meditate? Did nin cry when other jobs got Ni? I'm tired of every party needing a rdm only for refresh and healing...hell it may be fun to have a WHM and a RDM for once...WHM heals and refreshes and RDM OH MY GOD ENFEEBLES! Possible melee? One can only hope.

Preach on bro! It's always saddened me that post lvl 51 rdm's were expected to drop the sword and pick up the staff. I am thrilled about other mages FINALLY REFRESHING THEMSELVES!!! It's always kinda bummed me out that as soon as we hit 41 we're just refreshing whm's. I can't wait to possibly, maybe go to a party as melee/support and not get o.O
 Valefor.Ryukuro
Server: Valefor
user: Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-03-29 08:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

you actually want to party on exp mobs as a rdm melee? lol ooooo k
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-03-29 08:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of you guys are funny. Getting so uppity over something they haven't done yet, rofl. You're getting so uptight over something that might not happen until December!

Just enjoy what they did add or enjoy what was already there and stop moaning and condemning SE for an update they haven't even done yet.