New Level Cap 99?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » new level cap 99?
new level cap 99?
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23
 Ifrit.Keeria
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-03-01 04:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I began reading the topic well over an hour ago (periodically checking twitter for PSN error updates and playing AAI:ME at the same time lol), and at first I was enraged. Then I calmed down.

Then I started to actually think it might be fun. Hell, I think I'm actually gonna reactivate my account and see where this goes.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Brabus
Server: Ragnarok
user: dogsxxx
By Ragnarok.Brabus 2010-03-01 05:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

damit,ive not since started this game...just got my first lvl 75 after destroying my home life,now they wannakill me with a higher cap....me thinks they wanna squeeze more time out of our lives and not to mention the running cost..divorce/break-up...isnt this the cost lmfao..i cant face another capfight ..esp at lvl bla bla..whenwill it end...too many things to do without having to start my main job again...
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-03-01 05:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Keeria said:
I began reading the topic well over an hour ago (periodically checking twitter for PSN error updates and playing AAI:ME at the same time lol), and at first I was enraged. Then I calmed down.

Then I started to actually think it might be fun. Hell, I think I'm actually gonna reactivate my account and see where this goes.

I think responses like this kind of sum up why SE made this descision/won't listen to pleas not to implement it

A good portion of complaints seem to have come from people who have already quit

If SE feels the need to merge servers, and with 14 on the way, i think SE feels they've got a good deal to gain and very little to lose
By volkom 2010-03-01 05:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

What? Level cap going to be 99?
Huh? possiblity of more loot?
possiblity of lowering the level to use sekkanoki?
3 more add ons? and more loot?
Idunno. Personally it feels that SE thinks that they're going to lose a lot of dedicated FFXI players when FFXIV comes out. So they're trying to add and throw in as much stuff as possible to get as much money as possible from us before FFXIV does come out. This is a rather smart strategy. Also if the level cap does reach 99. the probability of more gear/sythesis recipes will be added along with spells and maybe a all new merit system. I'm rather excited. But I do wish they could fix the amount of XP you can get. Maybe create a instance type zone like Assault, where people can get mad XP/limit points. and if the level cap does reach 99. I would like to see maybe a function in which players could automatically raise levels to 37. anywho. the update looks interesting and all. I just wish they increased Corsair's marksmanship skill to A along with them able to use almost all the guns and all bullet types. I mean...whats the point of being a corsair and unable to use cannonshells =/
 Ifrit.Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-03-01 05:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I would have made a more intelligent and well thought-out post, but most of what I wanted to say has already been said.

Cons:
-Equipment like Homam, AF2, Heca, and the like will likely take a back seat to newer, better items, making for many players several years' effort a total waste.
-Endgame will become unbalanced and events that used to require strategy will become even more of a joke than they already are.
-Jobs will completely rebalance, and many players will find that the job they leveled because it was so-good-it's-almost-broken are now going to be surpassed. Who knows what to expect in this area, honestly.
-Server merge will be disorienting at best.

Pros:
-A proper max level is finally implemented. Who ever heard of a numbered Final Fantasy with a max level other than 99 or 100? Of the ones that have levels, anyway. Lol.
-Many old players will likely come back, if only temporarily, to witness the craziness. Some will stay.
-The new endgame areas/monsters are intriguing to say the least. Most of the new content is, honestly, from the summons to the new augment system.
-Drama over items like Byakko's Haidate should lessen. And the old HNMs will probably be camped less heavily.

I could say more, but as I stated, it's all been said to anyone willing to read the topic. All in all, it really just comes down to how they do it. They can botch it and basically turn the game into WoW (previous expansions? *** that, we have NEW CONTENT THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS NOW), or they could actually find a way to maintain balance, which they say is their goal here.

Either way, I'm wholly intrigued.
By slipispsycho 2010-03-01 05:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said:
But I do wish they could fix the amount of XP you can get. Maybe create a instance type zone like Assault, where people can get mad XP/limit points. and if the level cap does reach 99. I would like to see maybe a function in which players could automatically raise levels to 37.

"And I want a big tittied girl to lick peanut butter off my toes, but it ain't gonna happen" - Gunner from Death Race.

Why bother raising level cap if they're just gonna make it so that you can pretty much grind for a week or so and cap off your job..? If they were gonna do that, they might as well just give everyone all jobs to 99 without having to work for it.. For the second part, just refer back to this.

This game would be pretty ridiculous if everyone got their random wish/wants granted, hell if even 10% of the people got that it'd be ridiculous.
 Ramuh.Kalyna
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-03-01 06:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lord i'm having a hard time finding a damn party let alone getting exp.

Getting 99 won't be easy people. Yeah it means more cool things BUT think WHEN you'll get it. in 30 years. it'll be like 5billion exp til you whm/rdm can get convert and refresh and so on.

Besides it prolly won't be instant 99 cap. they'll prolly do (hopfully) 5 levels at a time or 10 max.

they better put insane mobs out there.
 Ifrit.Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-03-01 06:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Kalyna said:
Lord i'm having a hard time finding a damn party let alone getting exp.

Getting 99 won't be easy people. Yeah it means more cool things BUT think WHEN you'll get it. in 30 years. it'll be like 5billion exp til you whm/rdm can get convert and refresh and so on.

Besides it prolly won't be instant 99 cap. they'll prolly do (hopfully) 5 levels at a time or 10 max.

they better put insane mobs out there.
They're doing it over the course of three updates. 99 won't be available until December, and that's assuming nothing gets pushed back.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-03-01 06:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I still think that the 99 cap will only be applicable in the "alternate but parallel plane of existence" in the 3 new expansion zones. I think it will be like current merits where some of the level 99 merits class down to 75.

Honestly though if you were 99 and Kirin is what.... 95? You would be fighting a manticore from Eastern Altepa.

Also, I don't think that current gear will become that obsolete. You wear W.turban even though it has zero defense. Current level 75 gear still has very nice mods to it and i think the implementation of the "even augment relic and mythic system" will solve you being able to customize those items (500 ways or wtfever they said).

Still i think if they raise the cap to 99 for the current Vana'diel areas I'm moving to diablo III. After 6 years of excusing SE's asshattery I will not become a victim of abuse again with FFXIV.
 Ramuh.Kalyna
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-03-01 06:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Keeria said:
Ramuh.Kalyna said:
Lord i'm having a hard time finding a damn party let alone getting exp. Getting 99 won't be easy people. Yeah it means more cool things BUT think WHEN you'll get it. in 30 years. it'll be like 5billion exp til you whm/rdm can get convert and refresh and so on. Besides it prolly won't be instant 99 cap. they'll prolly do (hopfully) 5 levels at a time or 10 max. they better put insane mobs out there.
They're doing it over the course of three updates. 99 won't be available until December, and that's assuming nothing gets pushed back.
yeah it's about 10 per update :P 85, 95 then last is 4 lol

But still, imagine the tnl of things past 80. it'll be insane. It'll be like 100,000,000,000 tnl (overexageration)

hell 67-68 (damn thing won't update for me, i'm 67WHM) is loonng way and that's not even 70+ which is rediculous unless you get a fast party. With the shortage of PLD lfp that'll do a sync party (like everyone's 75) and a shortage of DD that know how to DD, it's just really hard to exp.
By volkom 2010-03-01 08:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe they're implementing ideas that are comming out in FFXIV. perhaps players can now actually solo instead of spending countless hours looking for exp parties or doing the tedious task of doing campaigns all day.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-01 08:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

HIS LEVEL IS 99!!!!

the better idea is Abyssea, much more violent battles... I LOVE IT!
By volkom 2010-03-01 08:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

its over 9000??????!!!!!! divided by 100 O_o?
*game breaks*
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-01 08:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said:
its over 9000??????!!!!!! divided by 100 O_o?
*game breaks*
I lol'ed... I don't know why o.o
 Midgardsormr.Sesshoumarusama
Server: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Sesshoumarusama 2010-03-01 09:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Kalyna said:
Ifrit.Keeria said:
Ramuh.Kalyna said:
Lord i'm having a hard time finding a damn party let alone getting exp. Getting 99 won't be easy people. Yeah it means more cool things BUT think WHEN you'll get it. in 30 years. it'll be like 5billion exp til you whm/rdm can get convert and refresh and so on. Besides it prolly won't be instant 99 cap. they'll prolly do (hopfully) 5 levels at a time or 10 max. they better put insane mobs out there.

We're getting 24 levels, 3 updates for the caps thats 8 lvls/update. Just throwing that out there Kalyna =p, Math is your friend ^^
By Begoma 2010-03-01 09:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm tired of all the butt munches complaining about this update saying squeenix is trying to keep players interested in the game till ffxiv comes out.

Ok...let's think this one through.

If you are still playing ffxi, what logical reason would you have for quitting BEFORE 14 comes out? If you haven't stopped playing the game by now then why would you when their new game is merely months away?

And for the high whiny lvl people: this game is an MMO. YOU DON'T 'BEAT' MMOs. The whole point of these games is that there is always going to be something new to play and experience. If you don't like what Square Enix is doing, then speak with your wallet.

I swear most of the people whining about this will keep playing the game. You're just like those idiots who complained about Modern Warfare 2 and still bought it.

If you don't like the changes then stop playing. That's the best way you can make your voice be heard.

Some of you have logical concerns about game balance and whatnot, and to you I say let's just wait it out. They have gone far and beyond to balance the game and I don't see how this would be any different.
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-03-01 12:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

At first I thought the lvl99 thing was a joke or a 'I seen it on the Internet, it must be true!' rumor.

The potential for new spells and abilities is exciting, but I can't help but think how easy some things would be, how some things will become worthless and some things won't change. Relics? Dyna gear? Nyzul isle drops? Will all the people who worked so hard on the expansion rewards get shafted by new items that are 3 or 4x better?

I'm waiting for SE to say something that everyone is going to face palm over. You just know they'll going to do something odd. Like making Haste II for WHM since /subjob would get Haste I, but they make Haste I almost worthless.

Caitsith.Lawsonofabiotch
Server: Caitsith
user: Lawson
By Caitsith.Lawsonofabiotch 2010-03-01 12:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I think gear like homam,askar,aurum,etc. will still be useful to players at 99. the stats on that gear will still most likely be nice, I mean just look how many ppl are still running around with their hauby/amemet +1/swift belt/etc.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-01 12:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Lawsonofabiotch said:
I think gear like homam,askar,aurum,etc. will still be useful to players at 99. the stats on that gear will still most likely be nice, I mean just look how many ppl are still running around with their hauby/amemet 1/swift belt/etc.
This. PCC anyone?
 Caitsith.Lawsonofabiotch
Server: Caitsith
user: Lawson
By Caitsith.Lawsonofabiotch 2010-03-01 13:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I seriously think that this raise will be more similar to 1-24 then 51-75. While the addition of added supprot job abilities will be nice, SE can easily dumb them down like they did when you use SAM as a sub. I believe we will just be getting a few additional abilities and stat boosts. While I understand that this will still make characters alot stronger, it will also allow the people who choose to stay and play ffxi the ability to accomplish things with smaller groups. I just hope that when they add the new areas for xping that they make them more friendly to jobs who aren't currently wanted for bird parties in the Toau areas.
 Siren.Narayan
Server: Siren
user: Narayan
By Siren.Narayan 2010-03-01 13:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said:
<snip>
Personally it feels that SE thinks that they're going to lose a lot of dedicated FFXI players when FFXIV comes out. So they're trying to add and throw in as much stuff as possible to get as much money as possible from us before FFXIV does come out. This is a rather smart strategy.
<snip>

It's a fire sale.

Either way, SE gets the bolded; they will lose players: new MMO, butt hurt by change, or just generally done with FFXI.
 Siren.Narayan
Server: Siren
user: Narayan
By Siren.Narayan 2010-03-01 13:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Keeria said:

You sir win a cookie.

I see opportunity and more content. The game will always be grueling and mundane. That's what FFXI is: MMO on hard mode (that becomes annoying as hell mode). But hey, if cap increase royally screws ***up... ya I'm out. I have other games to play and this one drained enough of my time. Each update offers even more a reason to continue or quit. Maybe this one is ours.
[+]
 Bismarck.Corolie
Server: Bismarck
user: Corolie
By Bismarck.Corolie 2010-03-01 13:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lughnasadh said:
Yeah you worked hard to get so many jobs lvl 75 now you will have to work even harder for lvl 99 and the better gear.

man I hope SE doesn't burn out all their FFXI players before 14 comes out. They're making this game more like a job now then actually having fun knowing that it's "only a game". I guess in order to hit this "EPIC!" lv99 cap your going have to throw ur life away xD rofl

Diabolos.Delson
Server: Diabolos
user: Delson
By Diabolos.Delson 2010-03-01 15:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

i have mixed feelings about this level cap increase...
 Phoenix.Begoma
Server: Phoenix
user: Begoma
By Phoenix.Begoma 2010-03-01 15:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Square said:
We are aware that players will inevitably feel concern over how in-game elements such as support jobs, experience camps, and merit points will be affected by this change. We would like to take a moment to explain the measures that are in the pipes to preserve game balance.

Support job abilities that are not expected to steal the limelight from main jobs as a result of the level cap increase will be allowed to come into play. Furthermore, there are plans to tweak certain job abilities, job traits, and magic spells on an ongoing basis in order to further accentuate the uniqueness of each job when used in a main role, as well as its versatility when playing a supporting role.

New camping grounds are scheduled to be added to cater to the anticipated rise in demand for experience parties. Furthermore, the redistribution of monsters in existing areas is also under consideration.

An increase in maximum upgrades is being considered for existing merit point skills and attributes. Preparations are also under way for the introduction of a new type of merit point for players who have reached the new level 99 summit.

Didn't see this posted anywhere. In case you didn't see it on the site... >.>;;
 Leviathan.Veronika
Server: Leviathan
user: Veronika
By Leviathan.Veronika 2010-03-03 09:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow... I will admit, I didn't even read any of the posts made after the original, but this change is gonna ruin the game. I'm glad i don't play anymore!

RDM will be pointless aside from stuff that CAN'T be killed without enfeebles as BLM, SCH, WHM, etc can all use convert and refresh... /nin sub for pld will be made even better with Yonin. ALL dd's subbing NIN will become... oh... sooo much stronger with Innin... +30% crit rate all around! Anyone with /dnc can use stutter step at 80+, meaning anyone can lower a mobs magic evasion by 30%... EVERYONE can use shadowbind... gogo /rng40... Everyone will get Afflatus Misery/Solace... Don't forget /blu chain affinity!

Game = Broken.
At least its happening sooner than later!

That little statement about how they'll make everything balanced is BS. You know as well as everyone else they'll royally screw the game up with this as well :P
Besides, they're not talking about changing existing ones. They'll be in the subs still. They're saying they'll add new post-75 JA's to make the jobs better that would otherwise be obsolete. I'm hoping they make dnc better, at least.

Edit: Oops! i forgot, /dnc will also have Haste Samba, reverse flourish (quicker TP gain), violent flourish (20 sec cooldown stun)... and /rdm and /whm will both have haste spell. BRD/RDM = ultimate buffer? 6 MP refresh + haste spell? Come on... May as well make Phalanx II a level 48 spell instead of a merit and just put RDM out of its misery!
 Fairy.Basilo
Server: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-03-03 09:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Stopped reading after you said you dont play anymore, well also that you said RDM would be ruined, Im sure they have thought the balance through but of course this would only concern those of us that still play.
 Phoenix.Lucasta
Server: Phoenix
user: lucasta
By Phoenix.Lucasta 2010-03-03 10:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

i agree with Veronika. rdm is finished. even if this level cap doesnt break the game (and it will) rdm will definitely be broken and pretty much useless in party mechanics. brd/rdm will indeed be ludicrous good. and i wouldnt bank on the balance being remedied either, at least not at first. rdm will turn into a purely support job.

Odin.Kraytos
Server: Odin
user: Tyseng
By Odin.Kraytos 2010-03-03 10:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Talonn said:
everything will be compensated for w
i agree talonn, people that think the game will be broken or that se hasn't thought of most things to fix are r-tards and should probably just stop giving their opinions...at least on a public forum
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23