New Level Cap 99?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » new level cap 99?
new level cap 99?
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23
 Pandemonium.Elenya
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Elenya21
By Pandemonium.Elenya 2010-02-28 22:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

lol i bet a week tops
 Lakshmi.Lianua
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lianua
By Lakshmi.Lianua 2010-02-28 22:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It took SE 1 sentence to ruin the game for me.
/quit.
 Pandemonium.Elenya
By Pandemonium.Elenya 2010-02-28 22:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

im excited to be honest just hope it all plays out nicely and doesn't take a billion years to re lvl some of my 75 jobs and BLU better get some better stuff as far as JA'S GO!!!
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-02-28 22:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

What would you guys level to 99?

Right now, whm and rdm seem most reasonable to me but I'd love to have smn fully leveled too just because smn is awesome.
 Pandemonium.Elenya
By Pandemonium.Elenya 2010-02-28 22:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU, WHM, SCH, SAM, WAR, RDM if i had the time :D
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-28 22:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU, PUP, BLM, DRG... maybe RDM. In that order if I can get away with not EXPing BLM long enough. PUPdate kicked it up from something I was buying stuff for on the side to a fairly high priority.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-02-28 22:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I can't wait to see pups after that update. XD
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-28 22:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd have to lvl blu just to play with the new spells and it's one of the 75s I find myself using a bit lately.

Everyone wants rdms so I'd have to keep going now Plus crazy solo power.

Same with blm and wanting to blow stuff up.

Now sure I'd bother with thf or the rng that is almost at 75 though. Not for awhile
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-02-28 23:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

All these ppl who plan on AFburning or Qufim burn to 99 because levelling is a chore, I just wanna say this.

I`d rather grind my way to 99 and get there with cap or very close to capped skills than sync-burn my way there in a week or so and spend the next month and a half recapping gimp skills.

Summoners that AFburn in lv20 pts say they`re great. Yea, so we gonna have a server full of 99summoners with lv20 smn skill, doesn't sound so great.

Say what u like but I just hate sync-burns, because I hate the skilling up that comes from it
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-02-28 23:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

awww man this means i gotta level ym subjobs again

i hope they up the EXP rates i mean ***74 to 75 took a while
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-02-28 23:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Are they changing astral flow to where you can only use Odin and Alex? Or will you still be able to use the other avatar's as well? Prolly sounds like a dumb question but since they made it to where Odin and Alex are only summoned through AF it kinda makes sense, ya know? Would suck to lose all those other possible 2hrs abilities so i doubt they're doing this, but it would be interesting if that was the outcome.

Especially since Odin's especial becomes inaccurate depending on how many mobs they have.
 Unicorn.Moldtech
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-02-28 23:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

darthsnuggie said:
The game right now is a joke, something needed to be done to shake things up. SE specifically said this is being done to make endgame more accesible to players like me. I am not a casual player but I also dont have the time this game requires right now to do anything worthwile in slot of endgame stuff. I'm sick of the politics, selfish behavior this game is rife with right now. No more digital kings ruling their imaginary domains.
darthsnuggie said:
I think it's great, no more endgame monoply held by a few selfish jerks

FTW! I honestly think that is some of SE's plan, this game is to monopolized by certain groups and they want everyone to experience the full aspects of the game not just the few rich that are so big headed they think they above everyone else.

I believe it will be lv99 in ALL areas as they want everyone to experience all aspect of the game not just certain groups as they said they are concentrating on opening more endgame to all players. People can go trio, duo, solo whatever hnm's out now but harder hnm's are coming out too that they prolly won't be able to but most likely can with a party instead of alliance. So hnmls no longer needed.

I think SE is also tired of seeing some people with 2-3 even 4 relic weapons and then most (like myself) with no hope of ever touching one. Being able to extreme lowman dynamis will make it easier for everyone to get currency for upgrades. SE tried to reduce currency prices by dropping the hourglass price but guess what, the greedy people controlling the scenes kept currency prices high and made millions just from that reduction alone.

Thoughts?
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-01 00:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinako said:
Are they changing astral flow to where you can only use Odin and Alex? Or will you still be able to use the other avatar's as well? Prolly sounds like a dumb question but since they made it to where Odin and Alex are only summoned through AF it kinda makes sense, ya know? Would suck to lose all those other possible 2hrs abilities so i doubt they're doing this, but it would be interesting if that was the outcome.

Especially since Odin's especial becomes inaccurate depending on how many mobs they have.
Naw it's just you can only smn those 2 during AF. ANd now you get the ability to use it without an avatar out to allow that
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-03-01 00:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, i figured as much. Then again I never thought they'd remove burn pts, maybe you can't get 99 without a certain skill level lolz
 Unicorn.Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-03-01 00:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

BTW! anyone on Unicorn planning manaburn for blm for 75-99 look me up for the love of god D: puddings aren't gonna cut it for this <Please invite me!>
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-01 00:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said:
All these ppl who plan on AFburning or Qufim burn to 99 because levelling is a chore, I just wanna say this.

I`d rather grind my way to 99 and get there with cap or very close to capped skills than sync-burn my way there in a week or so and spend the next month and a half recapping gimp skills.

Summoners that AFburn in lv20 pts say they`re great. Yea, so we gonna have a server full of 99summoners with lv20 smn skill, doesn't sound so great.

Say what u like but I just hate sync-burns, because I hate the skilling up that comes from it

Please don't bring up smn burning, it's an old broken record. Those who do it can't see any wrong it, those who dislike it find it cheap.

done/done/done/done.
 Ramuh.Alphir
user: Alphir
By Ramuh.Alphir 2010-03-01 00:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Moldtech, I see where you are going with this, and it does make sense when you put it that way. I've been playing for only 3 yrs and have 10 lvl 75 jobs cuz I love to lvl. Only 1-2 of my jobs are pimped with decent gear, but not the best. My problem is what you are stating, it's a *** to find good peeps to run endgame stuff with. And when you do get in with a decent group you are the last in line for anything cuz most are pt or time based system.

If this is SE's plan then I am on the boat, cuz I'd love to do more endgame stuff with a handful of ppl w/o it being impossible. Personally, I don't feel like it will take anything away from the challenge it will just be a different method of obtaining and completing the task. And who cares how we get our endgame gear and such, how many times do you ask someone "how'd u get that gear? with an alliance of 18 or 2 peeps?"

I'd love to see it more realistic to get the endgame gear one wants/needs instead of it taking yrs and millions gils to get one piece. I hope this works out well for everyone.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2010-03-01 00:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

a few hours after the update..
 Remora.Jekyll
Server: Remora
user: surfjam04
By Remora.Jekyll 2010-03-01 00:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

TBH Anyone who wants to cry and be upset @ this could just quit the game. JA's will be adjusted accordingly in order to not make some jobs obsolete. Its going to happen whether you like it or not. So welcome it or don't. Hello 99 ^^ Go SE!
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-03-01 00:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I got a question, are people gonna cap lv 99 or gonna just get like 10-15k in...?

I'm capping, theres no way in hell my job will ever see 98 again.

edit: I hate seeing people delevel from 75 in an event
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-03-01 01:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-03-01 01:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

that'd be one ugly pos. :(
 Unicorn.Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-03-01 01:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

w...t...f o.o
 Sylph.Nanii
Server: Sylph
user: Sani
By Sylph.Nanii 2010-03-01 01:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade said:

dats bludy funny LOL
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-03-01 01:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Before, SE said that they couldn't introduce time mage, without breaking the game. Maybe now they'd have enough level ranges to introduce jobs to the game, that before they couldn't. I Could see them now using Time mage and giving 3 levels of haste between 1-99.

if not, give whm Haste II post 75
 Caitsith.Princessbubbles
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Princessbubbles 2010-03-01 01:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally i have to say I'm happy with all the changes, even it means a whole lot more work for me xD.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2010-03-01 01:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Where should I level Beastmaster from 75-99? /kills self
[+]
 Remora.Darknaut
Server: Remora
user: Darknaut
By Remora.Darknaut 2010-03-01 02:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Just crap ! Why hold lvl cap before several years and change that now o.O . Prolly interesting but i think its too late now ... FFXIV start in a few month. Wait & See but maybe its time to leave for me ..
 Shiva.Andytheraven
By Shiva.Andytheraven 2010-03-01 03:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

well didnt bother to read the many pages of post, but does anyone think that perhaps the 99 cap is for just the new areas and the old areas stay the same at 75 cap or something to that effect. just random thoughts lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2010-03-01 03:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

if they do give new weaponskills to a bunch of jobs..

i hope sam gets some sort of critical hit ws.. lol
personally itd just be nice to see it thrown in there just my opinion..

apparently dnc will be able to cure outside of party now so woo thats one thing i actually hoped for getting ^^

maybe now dancer will be more useful at endgame
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23