Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-07 18:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Machiaveli said:
Pandemonium.Bartimaeus said:
Needs moar Vigor-Jesus, Machi. ;-;
I'm afraid Jesus didnt have that powerfull neck muscles as Vigor did Bart :(!
Yeah he definitely didn't have PH Da ***. Nor did he have what 2-3 banned characters?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-07 18:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

And my favs

[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-02-07 18:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

What do I see here, Oh hello ignorance, where's your twin stupidity? Oh there he is.

I can't stand atheists who preach. Pot meet kettle.

I'm Agnostic myself, I find the probability that there is a good highly unlikely, But that doesn't mean I know this. I certainly don't feel the need to push people into my belief patterns.

There are incredibly ignorant people on both sides of the argument.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kyhira
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Kyhira 2010-02-07 19:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I kinda wonder how religious ppl in general can be so sure that its their beliefs and their god who is the one and only, when there is equal "proof" for all religions/gods. If you're argument is that "you cant prove my god dont exist and that he isnt the only god", then you cant prove that another religions god doesnt exist and is "the only one" either.

/confused
 Fairy.Maruraba
Server: Fairy
user: Maruraba
By Fairy.Maruraba 2010-02-07 23:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
I'm Agnostic myself, I find the probability that there is a good highly unlikely, But that doesn't mean I know this. I certainly don't feel the need to push people into my belief patterns.

Well, some do.

Anyway, sorry it bugs you that some of us think it matters enough to discuss. Or "preach," if you like. :)
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-02-08 10:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Maruraba said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Well, some do.

Anyway, sorry it bugs you that some of us think it matters enough to discuss. Or "preach," if you like. :)

Lol This isn't discussion, as soon as someone comes in here saying they believe in religion you shoot them down and mock them.
 Fairy.Maruraba
Server: Fairy
user: Maruraba
By Fairy.Maruraba 2010-02-08 23:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Lol This isn't discussion, as soon as someone comes in here saying they believe in religion you shoot them down and mock them.
I'm going to assume that you're not talking about me specifically. I have plenty of friends and family who are religious and I respect that.

I'm not in the habit of mocking people for being religious; I'm in the habit of mocking people for being stupid. Not everyone who's religious is stupid, and not everyone who's stupid is religious.

So, if people want to talk about it without it becoming a giant flame war, what's the harm?
 Bismarck.Ranu
Server: Bismarck
user: Ranu
By Bismarck.Ranu 2010-02-13 09:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Dionysius said:
Honestly I have seen all these threads on here bashing religion and boo hoo QQ about how religion causes hate and the world will be better without it. Everyone who believes in religion is stupid/brainwashed.

I haven't seen many threads started by someone who is "religious" bashing those who don't believe...

Wow, just.........wow. You haven't been around long have you? You must of only known of the internet for a couple of months then, huh? You haven't seen many threads, of religious people bashing people like me? Hmm, guess it must be true then. >.>
 Bismarck.Ranu
By Bismarck.Ranu 2010-02-13 09:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

As I type this up, there has been a Scientology ad, and an Regent Christian University ad right next to this window! Funny, no?
Carbuncle.Sterling said:

Can you really ever be certain of anything without first experiencing it and seeing it for yourself? A scientist telling you information or a reporter on television or reading a book to learn things isn't really considered 'knowing' something or having proof of it. Its' someone feeding you ideas. I don't see why everyone butthurts all over everyone else for religion because honestly the anti-religious people are just as annoying as the religious ones, if not moreso.

Yes, because I as an anti-religionist go door-to-door trying to spread my beliefs. I go house-to-house putting my propaganda in your mailbox. I ask you if you are non-religious randomly off the street, then when you tell me you are religious, I go off on a fit of rage and tell you how you are going to burn in my own little make-believe pit of fire. Etc., Etc., blah blah blah.

You cannot be serious with that, this thread is in the correct forum of "Politics and Religion". But then again, this is why those of us who know better have to speak up against religion. The first part of your post did support Science with the whole "need proof" thing, so the rest of your post is confusing as it looks like religious propaganda.
 Bismarck.Ranu
By Bismarck.Ranu 2010-02-13 10:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Dinarii said:
You guys are funny. opinion or not. Saying that following faith or believing in something that cannot be seen/heard/touched/etc. Is not a "Lazy" endeavor. Being actually able to believe in that while trying to rationalize it borders on the line of hysteria and insanity. The mind isnt in lazy mode when thinking of religion. It's in SSJ mode trying to wrap itself around the thought of such an idea.

im not religious myself but calling religion the source of all evil etc. is just stupid. bc even if there were no religion. it wouldnt help mankind. it would be worse off. bc the only thing some ppl have in this life is their faith. Take that away from said person. they have nothing to lose. good luck containing that.

^Ignorant post, plain and simple. Please see the "House" pic comment by Darkshade as to why I don't respond further to you then the following:

Following someone elses thoughts and beliefs(aka Christianity/Catholicism/Islamic)= Laziness.

Thinking for yourself, refusing to take someone else's thoughts and beliefs at face value, resisting with all that you are and holding steadfast against the religious onslaught= Non-believers(aka those that get up off their *** and find out for themselves).
 Bismarck.Ranu
By Bismarck.Ranu 2010-02-13 10:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh, my work will never be done. ; ;
Midgardsormr.Natlow said:
If you were to actually do your homework rather than making flamboyant accusations, you'd realise that most religions are based on having good morals and showing kindness and generosity to one another. Is this such a bad thing?

Admittedly some people take things to far, to an extremist level, but you cannot blame this on the religion. The fault lies within the person. I'm willing to bet a lot of money that there are some Aethists out there who are just as extremist as some religious fanatics.

Unfortunately in more archaic times a lot of atrocities were committed in the name of religion, but the majority of people have left that behind, and joined society's move into a more civilised era.

On a final note, religion will never fade away. Lenin tried to do this in Russia, but religion is so engrained into people's minds/souls/whateveryouwanttocallit that this failed and proved that religion will always be around whether you like it or not. So you may as well resign to living with it and seeing some of the positives rather than trying to flame those who have beliefs and bring down all religion in the world on an FFXI forum.

You need to do your homework too, to be honest. While religion(s) did start off innocently? They were not based on being kind to one another, and all that blah blah blah good-two-shoe crap is modern Christian propaganda, sorry.

The whole idea behind gods and goddess' was solely based off trying to explain the physical world. Your Christian god hasn't been around even half as long(to date) as even Ancient Egyptian gods and goddess' were around before Christianity came onto the scene. Christian/Catholic/Islamic~Muslim beliefs are ALL rather young religions compared to religions like those of the Ancient Egyptians. And the Ancient Egyptian religions died out over a thousand years ago, and it was still a belief longer than Christianity and Christianity is still going.

Hell, Christianity will have to be a religion for another 4,000 years before it takes over the mantle of oldest religion in history.

So, like I said: You need to study up as well. Because your thought that any religion started off all fluffy and Care Bearish? Is a load of bull, and you have no idea what you are talking about, sorry. The Ancient religions started off as a way to explain the physical world around our ancestors. The religions(cults) like Christianity(meaning all Western and Middle-Eastern religions), all started off as propaganda and was only a religion to gather people around a certain idea and thought, and was evil from the get-go.

Why do any of you religious people think that there was a transition between many gods, to a singular god? Politics. How do you undermine a King that you oppose? Create a new cult, or take an existing cult and push it's idealogy onto others, in the hopes of controlling them. How do you think Christianity came to be? >.>

Yes, I am one of the Atheist's that is an extremist, and is why I consider myself to be Anti-Religion.

But you will never see me strap a bomb to my chest and kill innocent people, just going about their day. You will never see my call someone a witch because I don't understand their ways or how they did something, and have them strung up in their hometown and burned at the stake. You will never see me gather an army and march to convert everyone or kill them. You will never see me kill someone or their family for refusing to believe what I do.

There are so many ways, to show you how your religion is evil. Western and Middle-Eastern.

And I'm sorry kid, but religion is on it's way out the door. Science is the new tenant of understanding, and is why we have what we have today. And religion is the reason we are not further in our evolution both technological and in understanding the universe, as religion(western and middle-eastern) opposes any thought but it's own.

There are more Atheists today then ever before. And even so, do you honestly believe that Christianity is going to last longer in history then Ancient Egyptian beliefs? If you think so then you are honestly lost and need to study your history again. Because as with the Ancient religions that I talked about in my first post? Christianity and all western and middle-eastern religions days are numbered, history likes to repeat itself. If you don't believe that? Then you are ignorant, and unworthy of this worlds time.

There are no positives to any Western and Middle-Eastern religion that has been around for the past 2,000 years, none. Get that out of your head.

And to anyone who keeps using the "it's the people, not the religion" argument:Without the person, there is no religion. If you have no one to follow, you have no religion. Religion cannot survive without the people, yet the people can survive without the religion. Religion is just the jumbo-sized version of a cult. When I used it? It was to explain that ancient religions(ancient peoples) created the first religions to explain the world around them, and it was the people behind religion that turned it evil.

And I should have been more clear: All Western and Middle-Eastern religions(the young religions, Christianity/Islam/Mormonism etc) are all evil, they were created as a way to control thought, they are nothing like the original religions that our ancestors created that were innocent. There is that massive line seperating the first religions from those like Christianity/Islam~Muslam/Mormonism etc.

The problem with your Lenin thing? Is that it is untrue on any level. Lenin was a monarch, regardless of his actual title, and what do monarchs do? ...........? Exactly. >.>
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-02-16 18:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

lol @ ignorant people thinking they have reached some sort of enlightenment because they reject something that other people believe.

Also lol @ the notion that religion and science are some sort of arch enemy.

Religion = belief system

Science = NOT belief system

Learn the difference before you make your next WOT of fail.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-02-16 18:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ranu said:

Following someone elses thoughts and beliefs(aka Christianity/Catholicism/Islamic)= Laziness.

I guess this means you completely reject all of history's greatest minds and thinkers right?

Cause if you agree with Ein, Franklin, Plato etc your just a lazy *** who can't think for himself.