Rajas vs. L/K
First Page 2
 Sylph.Sindri
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-02-02 22:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to hear opinions from somebody who has both Rajas AND the Lava's / Kusha's ring set combo on which is better. I've heard arguements for both sides, and I've argued L/K but I do not have Rajas, and the people I've argued versus have not had L/K so it can't really be a fair debate. If you don't have both L/K and Rajas please do not post ^^ This is simply to help me decide which ring I am goin to get.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2010-02-02 22:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any particular job you have in mind?
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-02-02 22:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

he only has mnk blu and smn above55, so lets go with blu and smn
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-02 22:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Generally rajas + acc ring will be better tp and rajas +stat/str ring or maybe acc for ws. Rajas is that good.

Especially blu. Attack means nothing and those stat mods are crazy good for blu spells
 Ifrit.Rangappa
Server: Ifrit
user: Rangappa
By Ifrit.Rangappa 2010-02-02 22:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

STR, DEX, stp and subtle blow all in one ring, not sure much if anything can beat that for a dd job.

edit. melee dd job, i know id get the well blm is a dd job blah blah
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-02-02 22:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

what about for mnk?
 Shiva.Daimos
Server: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-02-02 22:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say Kusha/lava combo works best for 1handers/dualwielders. Since they don't get the 2h bonus, acc is relatively difficult to cap(in a TP set), which will net more tp gain and better DoT. While the point for blu has been made, i'd almost go as far to say Rajas is second to kusha/lava, just because of the low acc gain, and sTP is only good when it grants a new X-hit build. Save rajas for blu's spells, and for every other 1hander, use L/K's
[+]
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-02-02 22:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

True but I'm not a SAM so Store TP isn't that OMG for me :P I will most likely get Rajas because IDK if I'll even finish SMN it got boring, but I don't know if I'll even use it. By the logic of most of my friends, RAJAS IS GOD OKAI YOU USE ANOTHA RING THAN U FAIL, or Rajas is just the best, do what everyone else is doing or, my favourite: Im not carrying this conversation out any longer. /wait 5, /repeat. I was hoping someone had done their own testing or something because I'm starting to doubt my own reasoning <.<
 Shiva.Daimos
Server: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-02-02 22:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

sTP is actually very useful for any 2hander, provided it's stacked in the right amount (/sam usually)
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-02-02 22:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I know it's a pretty obvious statement, but every job you use L/K on, you'd be better off with Toreador's or Snipers+1 x2. And the only job that should even really use Toreador'sx2, is MNK. Of course, if you don't have Rajas (Which you don't), and if you already have both rings (Which you do) then there's absolutely nothing wrong with using them until you do happen upon a Rajas.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-02 22:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Blu should be eating sushi anyways so the extra acc is meh even on tping. sTP is good for 1handers too. It can and should bring you to 100% faster. And rajas is the most efficient way of doing that generally. You still get 2.5 acc with toreadors thats 9.5. Almost as much and you up your melee dot by increasing fstr. Which does more for 1handers than 2handers.
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-02-02 22:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Well the Dual-wielder/1-Hander point has been made to me, and I made the Toreador's x2 point I believe, mainly beacuse theyre like 8m for 2 on my server, it just isn't feesable. Thanks for all the supportive feedback, I'd appreciate if it kept coming ^^
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-02 23:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Daimos said:
I would say Kusha/lava combo works best for 1handers/dualwielders. Since they don't get the 2h bonus, acc is relatively difficult to cap, which will net more tp gain and better DoT. While the point for blu has been mad, i'd almost go as far to say Rajas is second to kusha/lava, just because of the low acc gain, and sTP is only good when it grants a new X-hit build.
BLU shaves off a hit to WS with Rajas so it's still the optimum piece in that slot given the other bonuses Rajas provides. Further, there's not much you'd melee on BLU where you can't cap your accuracy with sushi. The same applies to a lot of the one-hander jobs. MNK and PUP would be the only jobs where I'd seriously consider not TPing in Rajas. MNK because fSTR isn't quite as powerful as with the other one-handers and you're only saving a hit to WS a little less than half the time (less still with Faiths), but I'd still keep my hitrate in mind. PUP because PUP's accuracy sucks even with sushi =\
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-02-02 23:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that a single swing of the sword or an attack round though, because Dual-wielding, 1 hit won't really matter unless you missed alot on the way to 100 in which case you'll need more ACC+ :P
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2010-02-02 23:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Sindri said:
Is that a single swing of the sword or an attack round though, because Dual-wielding, 1 hit won't really matter unless you missed alot on the way to 100 in which case you'll need more ACC :P

What does it matter when you're eating sushi as a BLU like you should be? You should be capped ACC on most things with that. And anything too hard, you should probably be /THF Cannonballing, no?
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-02-02 23:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly my point. If it's only a single hit then it won't matter at all because if your DDing youll probably be dual-wielding (Yes I eat sushi I have 3 stacks on me at all times) and if your /THF again a needless STP. But besides the STP that doesn't really matter to me, Dasvah makes an excellent point with the fSTR that I don't really understand. Rajas it is ^^
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-02 23:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Well the point about fstr is +4 str will add 1 to base dmg for any melee. So adding 1 dmg to a 2hand weapon which is typically like 80-98 dmg won't add as much percent dmg as say adding it to a 28 dmg dagger. Or a 43 dmg swd that you are probably using
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2010-02-02 23:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Sindri said:
Exactly my point. If it's only a single hit then it won't matter at all because if your DDing youll probably be dual-wielding (Yes I eat sushi I have 3 stacks on me at all times) and if your /THF again a needless STP. But besides the STP that doesn't really matter to me, Dasvah makes an excellent point with the fSTR that I don't really understand. Rajas it is ^^

Yeah, I misinterpreted it as reducing your need for a full attack round, but no, it's only one hit. On the other hand though, it's a free Flame/Thunder ring. I use Sniper+1/Rajas on all my melee DD, but of course on SAM I also use Sword Strap, so it's a different issue. I can't go the dual ACC ring route with that. Not to mention I don't need all the damn accuracy.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-02 23:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Single hit, which means it applies about half the time (47.6% due to Brutal Earring before getting into implications of TP return on WS). If you're /THF you care about SACA more than WSing, so the increased TP gain is welcome regardless of shaving off a hit or not. L/K produces more WS and landed hits if you're taking advantage of the full accuracy, but the fSTR in TP phase and the fact that you should be hitrate capped long before you'd even consider such a swap brings Rajas ahead again.
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-03 08:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure it's something like
Rajas/Hq acc ring > L/K > Rajas + nq acc ring. For any job depending on the stp for xhit (2handers) any rajas combo wins auto
[+]
 Carbuncle.Caitlin
Server: Carbuncle
user: goose11
By Carbuncle.Caitlin 2010-02-03 08:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I have the rings and currently use them on drg and nin. I picked sattva ring back when i only had pld and rdm though, and i am strongly considering dropping it for a rajas. The biggest reason being it will take a hit off my tp phase for drg.

I'd like to ask your guys opinion on my nin though, would you still use the L/K rings, or switch to rajas and a nq acc ring? To me, nin's acc blows with A- weapon and the new JA, plus i dont have room for katana merits.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-03 08:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll most likely be eating acc food anyways. I don't see any room for anything else w/ your description. That being said, I'd prolly rajas/acc ring
 Bismarck.Maxse
Server: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-02-03 09:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Well I know it's a pretty obvious statement, but every job you use L/K on, you'd be better off with Toreador's or Snipers 1 x2. And the only job that should even really use Toreador'sx2, is MNK. Of course, if you don't have Rajas (Which you don't), and if you already have both rings (Which you do) then there's absolutely nothing wrong with using them until you do happen upon a Rajas.

I highly doubt that 2 acc will beat 6 attack for a job that attack is useful for. Even if it does is the upgrade worth 6-7 mil?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-03 09:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Maxse said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Well I know it's a pretty obvious statement, but every job you use L/K on, you'd be better off with Toreador's or Snipers 1 x2. And the only job that should even really use Toreador'sx2, is MNK. Of course, if you don't have Rajas (Which you don't), and if you already have both rings (Which you do) then there's absolutely nothing wrong with using them until you do happen upon a Rajas.

I highly doubt that 2 acc will beat 6 attack for a job that attack is useful for. Even if it does is the upgrade worth 6-7 mil?
Sidegrades tbh, but in the end, with pizza, rajas/acc is almost always the best option.
 Bismarck.Maxse
Server: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-02-03 09:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Caitlin said:
I have the rings and currently use them on drg and nin. I picked sattva ring back when i only had pld and rdm though, and i am strongly considering dropping it for a rajas. The biggest reason being it will take a hit off my tp phase for drg. I'd like to ask your guys opinion on my nin though, would you still use the L/K rings, or switch to rajas and a nq acc ring? To me, nin's acc blows with A- weapon and the new JA, plus i dont have room for katana merits.

Rajas is really good for DRG and an excellent WS peice for NIN, not to mention for nin soloing the subtle blow can be very useful and overlooked. But for most DD situations on NIN Ide be inclined to say Kusha's and Lava's rings will win.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-03 09:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The fstr on the rajas will be of more significance to jobs w/ low base DMG weapons has to be kept in mind.
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-02-03 09:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:
Siren.Enternius said:

Sidegrades tbh, but in the end, with pizza, rajas/acc is almost always the best option.

Don't use pizza unless I'm doing a level cap BCNM on my MNK. But I solo'd myself Toreador's Ring ENM last night, trying to get myself a ring (-.- fantastic drop rate) though until I do, I don't think I'd take off my current rings.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-03 09:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Sindri said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:
Siren.Enternius said:

Don't use pizza unless I'm doing a level cap BCNM on my MNK.
Guess you must get a good deal of playtime on your other jobs, as pizza is the best in most situations on mnk.
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-02-03 09:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Sindri said:
If you don't have both L/K and Rajas please do not post

I have to ask, why is my maths not welcome in this thread just because neither Rajas or L/K rings?
 Carbuncle.Caitlin
Server: Carbuncle
user: goose11
By Carbuncle.Caitlin 2010-02-03 09:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love to see your math, rather than ppls opinions personally lol
First Page 2