Forum » FFXI » General » Solo Salvage
Solo Salvage
First Page 2
 Pandemonium.Lonciepants
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
By Pandemonium.Lonciepants 2010-01-12 10:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know of a way to exploit the entrance to salvage and enter solo? When i say this i don't mean entering with 5 other mules and having them DC or warp out. Any responses are appreciated.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-01-12 10:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Enter with 5 other actual people, and get it done right?
[+]
 Pandemonium.Lonciepants
By Pandemonium.Lonciepants 2010-01-12 10:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

no I'm going after my Macha's coat and im woundering if there is a way to get into salvage alone, i didnt know if there was a known exploit or not OTHER then entering with 5 other people and them then leaving.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-01-12 10:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as I know (Or care to know) that's the only way to do it. I'm sure if you were like really good friends with an sGM, they'd be happy to put you in there alone but other than that...Don't get your hopes up.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2010-01-12 10:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I had seen somewhere, you have them D/c as they go in and they keep their tag/pass.
 Pandemonium.Lonciepants
By Pandemonium.Lonciepants 2010-01-12 10:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a Red mage friend i would be going with and i have access to two mules i could get access for but then i would have to get assault points for them as well and it would be a huge hassle. I was trying to avoid joining a salvage shell in the end but its looking like thats my only way bar-paying people to use their tags and points for me
[+]
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-01-12 10:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

6 people in the party all at the entrance, all with passes to enter salvage.

Once you get to the 'connecting to server' bit then the other 5 people force D/C and only you enter.

The 5 people will relog exactly where they were before D/Cing and will still have their passes (so don't lose any AP)
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-01-12 10:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe you get your party setup, have the leader examine the gate to get the dialog and the other 5 members DC.
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-12 10:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Lonciepants said:
Does anyone know of a way to exploit the entrance to salvage and enter solo? When i say this i don't mean entering with 5 other mules and having them DC or warp out. Any responses are appreciated.
They don't d/c after you get in. They d/c while you're going in. They don't get in and don't lose their tags.

It's similar to a timed nuke. Make sure they all pull the plug at the same time and enter as soon as the last person has red dotted. It will count 6 permits to enter you, but it doesn't take your permit away until you actually zone. Since they have no connection to zone them, it'll zone you, but it won't zone them and they'll come back exactly where they started, with their permit, while you will have gotten in.

I've done this plenty of times, as I've solo'd a good number of Hammerblows when attempting to get my usu mask.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-12 10:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
As far as I know (Or care to know) that's the only way to do it. I'm sure if you were like really good friends with an sGM, they'd be happy to put you in there alone but other than that...Don't get your hopes up.
You've no clue what you're talking about.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Lonciepants
By Pandemonium.Lonciepants 2010-01-12 10:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah i think that is it rumaha i may try that
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-01-12 10:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Apparently, I misunderstood the question. As I read it, OP was looking for a way to do it without 5 other people. Getting 5 other people to disconnect is still part of getting 5 other people.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Lonciepants
By Pandemonium.Lonciepants 2010-01-12 10:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So veg i just get 4 other people (and me and my dup partner) we go to gate and WHILE it says connecting to server they force DC and keep AP and passes and were admitted?
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-12 10:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Apparently, I misunderstood the question. As I read it, OP was looking for a way to do it without 5 other people. Getting 5 other people to disconnect is still part of getting 5 other people.
He said w/o 5 others losing their tags.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Lonciepants
By Pandemonium.Lonciepants 2010-01-12 10:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

i phrased it wrong i was really just looking for a way to get in solo without others using their AP.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-12 10:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So veg i just get 4 other people (and me and my dup partner) we go to gate and WHILE it says connecting to server they force DC and keep AP and passes and were admitted?
I always get everyone to force d/c before i start connecting. It still counts 6 bodies until they're physically gone.

When you see everyone red dotted, then you hit enter as quickly as you can but they'll get congested connection (or something like that) and won't be transported across the zone. They'll come back, permits in hand.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-01-12 10:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
http://kanican.livejournal.com/32637.html
Read these entries. SCH/RDM solo (with a bit of luck)

Pretty sure they have to enter with you and waste their tag/points in order for you to get in yourself.

Interesting read nonetheless

Note if that dude was not using windower and spellcast, macro extentions... it would not have been as efficient for him.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-12 10:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

i phrased it wrong i was really just looking for a way to get in solo without others using their AP.
No, you didn't.
Your reply to his first response was
Quote:
no I'm going after my Macha's coat and im woundering if there is a way to get into salvage alone, i didnt know if there was a known exploit or not OTHER then entering with 5 other people and them then leaving.
Looks clear to me that in your scenario, the others would actually enter. When you enter, you lose your permit.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-12 10:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:

Pretty sure they have to enter with you and waste their tag/points in order for you to get in yourself.

Note if that dude was not using windower and spellcast, macro extentions... it would not have been as efficient for him.
Kinda like the rest of the game, lol.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-01-12 10:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:

Probably would not have been able to solo it as well or it would take more than, 5 months to accomplish this feat. this is no different than limbus, it would have had been done eventually.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-12 11:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
He also had to mess with the clockspeed of his computer, and he had to put it on the slowest computer possible and apparently the lag made it easier.
Purposefully lagging some of your maccros and such is used to help make it easier to blink your jas and spells. Which is very helpful in solo kiting
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-01-12 11:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:

He also had to mess with the clockspeed of his computer, and he had to put it on the slowest computer possible and apparently the lag made it easier.

I am certain he probably could have done it with out all of that, eventually someone would get used to it and not need it. When you slow things down like that it does not slow the mob down, or the game. I assume he did it because he did not want to worry about things. Like when the mob casts something he would know because it's moving so slow in chat log he has time to react to it. he would have probably been fine with out doing that not like anyone else was hitting the mob besides him.. best thing to do would be to remove the damage you see and you can witness all the moves the mob does anyway.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-01-12 11:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:
Purposefully lagging some of your maccros and such is used to help make it easier to blink your jas and spells. Which is very helpful in solo kiting

Or this.

My point on spellcast is that it makes things so easy...
[+]
 Pandemonium.Lonciepants
By Pandemonium.Lonciepants 2010-01-12 11:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

well spellcast makes eveything easier but honestly you could do this without it, all you need to do to blink yourself at the right time is a macro, i always have one of my macros equipping heralds gaiters and refresh piece (usually unequip when im casting anything else) and this blinks me you just have to get the timing down on your personal connection and comp which i pretty much have. and the other gear swaps could be done with macros in game. Spellcast only simplifies the game (No need to hit CTRL+1-3 to equip your convert HP set and then CTRL 4-6 to get back to nuking) and things like that.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-12 11:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:

Or this.

My point on spellcast is that it makes things so easy...
I agree for some jobs, I'd never use it for mnk though. I do too many situational things for it to handle.
 Pandemonium.Lonciepants
By Pandemonium.Lonciepants 2010-01-12 11:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

haha spellcast was built for situational things. YOu just need to know how to code it
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-12 11:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

haha spellcast was built for situational things. YOu just need to know how to code it
Can you code it to read a parse and select one of my seven asuran macros, depending on my current hitrate?

Until it can do that, it's useless to me.
First Page 2