Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2010-01-12 11:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Pandemonium.Lonciepants said:
haha spellcast was built for situational things. YOu just need to know how to code it
Can you code it to read a parse and select one of my seven asuran macros, depending on my current hitrate?

Until it can do that, it's useless to me.

I do not believe so BUT I believe you can code it to react to things you determine from a parse, like I THINK you can code to swap in a different set when you face a certain mob(Indicating different eva at least, a.k.a THF Mamool), as well as according to your buffs.
 Pandemonium.Lonciepants
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Lonciepants 2010-01-12 11:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

haha god damn not that. so you just have 7 independent ws macros depending on your hit rate. It would seem that to seperate your hit rate into 7 tiers would be almost impossible
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-12 11:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

haha god damn not that. so you just have 7 independent ws macros depending on your hit rate. It would seem that to seperate your hit rate into 7 tiers would be almost impossible
They're almost the same.

I have a max acc and a max attack/str. The other builds are all the inbetween.
 Pandemonium.Lonciepants
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Lonciepants 2010-01-12 11:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

mentioning a parser what parser do you use?

[+]
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-01-12 11:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
haha spellcast was built for situational things. YOu just need to know how to code it
Can you code it to read a parse and select one of my seven asuran macros, depending on my current hitrate?

Until it can do that, it's useless to me.

We both know it can't do that, but we also both know it is easy to build rules based on the mob/situation/buffs etc and we both know you can estimate the accuracy require in each of those situations so you could make it do that, but it would be an 'open loop' form of control.

You can also over-ride the rules should you wish (eg you think its wrong).

But it is a subjective thing
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-12 11:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

mentioning a parser what parser do you use?
Kparse

And to Arg, I don't always fight mobs w/ known values, which is why I do my macros my own way. Sure spellcast could cover 90% of my situations, perhaps even 99, but I prefer to have ALL my bases covered. I always try to play at max output and that's the way I enjoy the game. The only thing I'd ever consider spellcast is at dyna, when I don't give a *** cause it's so damn long and boring.
 Bahamut.Leonelf
Server: Bahamut
user: LeonPSP
By Bahamut.Leonelf 2010-01-12 11:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's the perfect way to go in :
Call time so everyone will LOG OFF at the same time, tell them to tell you when they have 10s left before logging off (while you log there are textlines telling you every 5s that you're logging off)
The moment they say : "10s" then you hit CONNECT to the server.
Then they all log off and you enter alone.
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-01-12 12:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Veg

Agreed, its up to you how you play the game, and there is no doubt that your way works for you. I was just 'correcting' the statement about spellcast ability to control gear.

And while you may not know the relevant accuracies required for every mob/event its easy enough to parse the first 2-3 runs and use that as a base line.

Fairy.Khaiden
user: Khaiden
By Fairy.Khaiden 2010-01-12 12:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny nobody mentioned it... Have the five people helping you get in, sub blm or bring a warp scroll. When you get the message "Connecting to Server" have everyone warp. Disconnecting might take a few and you might take some of those people in with you.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-12 12:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Khaiden said:
Funny nobody mentioned it... Have the five people helping you get in, sub blm or bring a warp scroll. When you get the message "Connecting to Server" have everyone warp. Disconnecting might take a few and you might take some of those people in with you.
I've never had that problem, but then again I have everyone d/c before I hit enter and wait till they're all red dotted, not when I have the connecting to server message.
By Kaeko 2010-01-12 12:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi there,

I didn't use spellcast during this solo (not out of being 'pure', but out of ignorance). I didn't learn to use spellcast until 1-2 months after the solo was done. I also did not "overclock" my PC to do it. "Overclocking" your PC is a trick people use to run faster in game (like a small flee hack that requires no 3rd party tools). I ran Firefox in the background of an already slow laptop to increase the lag so I blink longer. That's not close to the "overclock" trick people usually associate with the word - if I had overclocked, solo would have been much easier since I'd easily outrun anything. Overclocking is also well known to get you auto-jailed.

I did use windower macros (non-binding), distance, and TPParty. The solo does require a good amount of luck on the opening box and 1F drops. Also, I did it on BLM/SCH, not SCH/RDM as mentioned earlier. I don't think I could have done it without windower simply because I needed distance. Other benefits like TPParty and extended macros aren't necessary, but I need to know how far it is from me to know when it deaggros. You can't constantly look behind you to see if it stopped WHILE kiting on a tight path because of the way the game limits camera angels. I used distance as my 'rear view mirror'.

Don't really care to get into a windower vs purist debate. Just telling you what I did to complete the solo.
[+]