Qufim Island - Top Destination!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Qufim Island - Top Destination!
Qufim Island - Top Destination!
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-01-06 18:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Nvm, I can't read.
[+]
 Asura.Kimiyo
Server: Asura
user: Kimikacat
By Asura.Kimiyo 2010-01-06 18:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-06 18:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if a party is failing miserably, it's not worth the time or energy arguing with them, and I'd find another camp.

Is that answer sufficient, oh wise one?
[+]
 Asura.Kimiyo
By Asura.Kimiyo 2010-01-06 19:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-06 19:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

*sigh*

Here, I'll revise:

Even if the party is failing miserably, not killing ***within 30 seconds, wiping at every mob, and is made up of RMT botters who also happen to be my top 6 clients at work that I simply cannot stand, it's not worth MY time or energy to:

- Argue with them
- Get pissed off/angry/annoyed/disgruntled/upset/sad or otherwise
- Call a GM
- Make a post on a forum about it
- Write how horrible my life is in a blog
- Post a player warning
- Issue kicks for all in my linkshell associating with them
- Cry myself to sleep
- Stop eating
- Post a long drawn out goodbye on my linkshell website because I decided to switch servers because they impeded on my play
- Switch servers
- Create a new character, because they might be after me!
- Challenge them to Ballista
- Stalk them at HNM camps and call a GM if they hold for more than 15 seconds

(And no, I'm not saying YOU did all that. I'm merely covering all grounds for your next argument where you think I'm talking about you, when I was simply making a general statement about me.)

Instead, *I* would:

- Find a different camp
- Find something else to do
- ???
- Profit.

[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-01-06 19:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kimiyo said:
I joined a party cause my friend asked me to, and then I observed all this happening. And then, I just wanted to discuss the concept of questionably greedy players on a forum. Too much to expect I guess. Have a nice day.

It's the classic pattern on forum threads across the interwebs.

OP wants to have a freindly "Discussion," right up until the point when someone disagrees with them. Then instead of a discussion, all dissenting voices are suddenly "Flaming" and "Trolling."

Eventually, if not met with unconditional agreement, OP leaves the thread in disgust that they didn't recive a resounding chorus of approval.
[+]
 Asura.Kimiyo
By Asura.Kimiyo 2010-01-06 19:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-06 19:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, even when I stop being aggressive, you can't have a "friendly" discussion.

I think Sevourn hit the nail on its head. You're just looking for a pat on the back and people saying "Good job!"

Here, let me try:

Good job! You sure showed them! You're soooo right! Greedy players suck!
[+]
 Asura.Kimiyo
By Asura.Kimiyo 2010-01-06 19:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Alexander.Zayo
Server: Alexander
user: Zayo
By Alexander.Zayo 2010-01-06 19:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Greed, it happens.
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-06 19:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kimiyo said:
You call your last post friendly? lol

Like I said, continue.

My first sentence wasn't even talking about YOU. I was talking about ME and what I would do.

But please continue to think that the world revolves around you.
[+]
 Asura.Kimiyo
By Asura.Kimiyo 2010-01-06 19:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-01-06 19:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what's awesome? Professional victims.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Lunatone
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Lunatone
By Gilgamesh.Lunatone 2010-01-06 19:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

:3 so what someones xping to fast and taking all the mobs i do it all the time and i enjoy it, funny to watch other people try..but if your going faster than another pt and their just beastin it then it aint there fault its the pt thats going as fast as a whm soloing an IT mob :3 greedy Pts are the best, you always end up with nice exp>:D
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-01-06 19:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Mabrook said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
You know what's awesome? Professional victims.
WTF YOU MEAN BY THAT!? YOU CALLING ME A PROFESSIONAL!?!? YOU TRYING TO FLAME ME!?

I WAS JUST TRYING TO HAVE A DISCUSSION WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SUCH A *** WAAAAAAAAA

IM CALLING A GM YOU JERKFACE!!!!
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-06 19:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I did enter the conversation in a civil manner. See my first post.
Quote:
Uhhh....

People have been doing this long before Level Sync AND FoV at merit camps.

Why is it all of a sudden an issue?

It's a valid question. Why is it not greedy at merit camps, but it is greedy in Qufim. Why is it ok at one place, and not the other? A party can easily burn Qufim just like they can burn a bird camp. Why is it all of a sudden against the rules to do it in Qufim? I can't think of another reason other than you wanted to exp there, and you wanted to do it right then and there. Were those players greedy? Sure, but so were you. Instead of moving to another location or even another area after you gave us this big song and dance about how you like going to exciting off the wall areas, you refused to move.

And I'm not trying to "earn back respect." I'm not that much of an *** to think I deserve respect from people that I don't give respect to. I don't respect you. I think you're a whiner. I think you posted this topic giving everyone the false pretense of a "civil friendly discussion" when all you're trying to do is validate the fact that you're a cry baby. Someone was doing something you didn't like, and you're looking for approval to feel a certain way. Nothing wrong with that, but don't sit on your moral high horse looking down on all us lowly minions you seem to think of us as and demand our respect.

In my humble opinion, you weren't looking for a civil discussion, just a pat on the head and a cookie. Here's your pat on the head: /pat And here's your cookie: /cookie
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-01-06 19:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
It's a valid question. Why is it not greedy at merit camps, but it is greedy in Qufim. Why is it ok at one place, and not the other? A party can easily burn Qufim just like they can burn a bird camp. Why is it all of a sudden against the rules to do it in Qufim?

It was greedy because it was happening to her. Like, duh.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Lunatone
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Lunatone
By Gilgamesh.Lunatone 2010-01-06 19:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
I did enter the conversation in a civil manner. See my first post.
Quote:
Uhhh.... People have been doing this long before Level Sync AND FoV at merit camps. Why is it all of a sudden an issue?
It's a valid question. Why is it not greedy at merit camps, but it is greedy in Qufim. Why is it ok at one place, and not the other? A party can easily burn Qufim just like they can burn a bird camp. Why is it all of a sudden against the rules to do it in Qufim? I can't think of another reason other than you wanted to exp there, and you wanted to do it right then and there. Were those players greedy? Sure, but so were you. Instead of moving to another location or even another area after you gave us this big song and dance about how you like going to exciting off the wall areas, you refused to move. And I'm not trying to "earn back respect." I'm not that much of an *** to think I deserve respect from people that I don't give respect to. I don't respect you. I think you're a whiner. I think you posted this topic giving everyone the false pretense of a "civil friendly discussion" when all you're trying to do is validate the fact that you're a cry baby. Someone was doing something you didn't like, and you're looking for approval to feel a certain way. Nothing wrong with that, but don't sit on your moral high horse looking down on all us lowly minions you seem to think of us as and demand our respect. In my humble opinion, you weren't looking for a civil discussion, just a pat on the head and a cookie. Here's your pat on the back: /pat And here's your cookie: /cookie

[{True Strike]}
[+]
 Fairy.Darkei
Server: Fairy
user: Darkei
By Fairy.Darkei 2010-01-06 20:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I want a SP friends for find nice camps on the past :(

i'm sure are others good camps for any lvl

as worms 24+, birds 37+ mana burns xarc etc
 Asura.Lordgenbu
user: Lordgenbu
By Asura.Lordgenbu 2010-01-07 00:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I got DRG75 using Qufim Island Burns.
[+]
 Garuda.Xanthos
Server: Garuda
user: xanthos1
By Garuda.Xanthos 2010-01-07 01:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Qufim island Pt's make player gimp as *** and they will make noob mistakes in endgame all because they don't know how to play they're job.
[+]
 Seraph.Tankjr
Server: Seraph
user: Tankjr
By Seraph.Tankjr 2010-01-07 01:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're able to kill ***super fast or are soloing at a high level, GTFO of regular exp camps. Honestly people, there are other places to exp than the cookie cutter zones and if you are rocking a PL with a party holding 5 mobs at once then chances are good you can go somewhere out of the norm. Let the average joes have their 'pug alley' and their 'tar-tar sauce'
[+]
By Balduar 2010-01-07 01:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Kat, Dunno if you know this or not but against the rules, as was mentioned by the op, if there is 5 or 6 party's in a zone and 1 party is pulling more mobs then they can kill it will start to dig into other people's play experience. There's been quite a few people new to the game who may not know where alternative camps may be. Not everyone has played this game for awhile. You did come into this thread as a ***, and you've held it through-out your posts.

@ Op: For the sake of what the post was created for Qufim at least on Migardsorm has turned mainly into the "3x" level solo while looking for party area. During prime time its a popular pt place if you can find a sync. If they are holding more mob's then needed to kill and tried to pull mobs off your tank. Yes it was rude of them and their clearly needed to be reminded of the terms of service. I was in a Qufim pt with a pl we weren't holding any Mob's and making 12k/exp per hour. Even without a pl managed to hit 9-10k exp per hour. So the discussion for the op yes, they didn't need to be doing that since they wouldn't have been that efficient.
[+]
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-01-07 01:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think that Kat was being aggressive on that very first post. I do think a point was missed somewhere along the way. Yeah, the party's pulling tactics were initially rude, the fact that the OP's party camped right next to them may have been rude too if the camp itself couldn't have handled two parties sufficiently. But the way the other party were described as treating the OP's party was in blatant harrassment, and I think that's probably what the GM addressed with them, more so than the pulling issues.

As far as the pulling though, astral burns hold many more mobs than this and are still considered by most GM's to be legal, but can still get called on this if there's someone else in zone attempting to xp or farm.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Psyence
Server: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2010-01-07 01:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohhh... another of those right VS wrong discussions... awesome :)
[+]
 Asura.Kimiyo
By Asura.Kimiyo 2010-01-07 03:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Shiva.Clowdd
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Clowdd 2010-01-07 04:20:19