Qufim Island - Top Destination!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Qufim Island - Top Destination!
Qufim Island - Top Destination!
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-07 06:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Balduar said:
@ Kat, Dunno if you know this or not but against the rules, as was mentioned by the op, if there is 5 or 6 party's in a zone and 1 party is pulling more mobs then they can kill it will start to dig into other people's play experience. There's been quite a few people new to the game who may not know where alternative camps may be. Not everyone has played this game for awhile. You did come into this thread as a ***, and you've held it through-out your posts.

No, I did't come into this thread as an ***. I asked a valid question, one that still hasn't gotten an answer. What is the party was doing fantastic and killing all the mobs at a fast paced rate? Would this be an issue? Chances are, probably, because it was hindering on the OP's exp time. Both parties were greedy ***, but I don't see the other party in here complaining, or trying to start a "conversation."

I'd like you to point out these "newbies" because I see maybe one per month. Usually it's people on an alternate character/account, returning players, or people who got banned with new accounts.

Finally, why the hell do people keep saying "It's against the rules?" Because one GM told you so? We all know GMs are horribly inconsistent and only seem to do their jobs when they feel like it. You can't really throw the rulebook out as an argument when the people whose job it is to uphold the rules don't.

As far as that post on BG, yea, it's ***. 99% of the time when people complain of getting banned over something HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, it's because of something else, or they have so many marks on their account from previous bad acts, that the GMs felt it neccessary to ban them over something trivial. But they won't tell you that. They would just rather tell people they got banned over something stupid like "pulling too fast in Qufim." And you people eat it up and take it as if it were the words from Sage Sundi himself. It's quite pathetic, actually.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-01-07 07:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

to answer your question Kimiyo, I get pissed when one party takes more than their "fair share" of mobs. Its all about pace when it comes to 2 or more Queefum parties, and if the pace is off with one party, the other parties will suffer, especially when they're all in the same level ranges.
[+]
 Asura.Kimiyo
Server: Asura
user: Kimikacat
By Asura.Kimiyo 2010-01-07 07:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Unicorn.Ignasio
Server: Unicorn
user: Ignasio
By Unicorn.Ignasio 2010-01-07 07:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

There are so many camps in that zone, why stay at the pugs. Or move to the tower. You saw them with all the mobs when you started camping, why camp on top of them and whine about them taking all the mobs?
[+]
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-01-07 07:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ig does have a point. I realise it wasn't your choice if you weren't the party leader, but seeing their actions and then still choosing to camp right under them was creating more trouble for yourself. If the zone was really that crowded you could have chosen another spot where the parties would have been more decent toward you, or better yet found another area to party in or sync'd to kazham levels, etc.

And actually, I've run across a lot of new players while leveling through qufim on my server recently. Half the people I partied with there were on their first job.
 Asura.Kimiyo
user: Kimikacat
By Asura.Kimiyo 2010-01-07 07:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Unicorn.Ignasio
By Unicorn.Ignasio 2010-01-07 07:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kimiyo said:
There we found just one other party being which was PLed, and their puller was just constantly pulling stuff. By that I mean, they had 5 mobs at camp at all times, which the PL tanked while they slowly killed them all (meanwhile puller out grabbing as many as he can still, never staying at camp). Of course we moved to the opposite camp and didn't stay next to them, but their puller then made an effort to pull stuff right next to us too.

You made a party, got to where you wanted to camp, saw other party that was "depriving your mobs". You then moved to what you thought was another camp, but in reality was somewhere else that they were getting mobs.

If a party camped on top of me and started taking my mobs, I would not be happy about it but I would not be rude to them. I normally just move camps.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-01-07 07:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, if you were camping far enough away from them to not be considered on top of them, then I'd say they were definately harassing if they had to spend more energy than necessary to attempt to pull your mobs. I read that you camped on the other side, it just wasn't specified how far away that was, or if it was still in an area that could have possibly shared mobs.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-01-07 08:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

two parties at the lake share mobs.
[+]
 Unicorn.Ignasio
By Unicorn.Ignasio 2010-01-07 08:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
two lame parties at the lake share mobs.

Fixed.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-01-07 08:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Kimiyo, got a couple of quick questions.

Did the PL and a couple (or all) of the party members who used that tactic belong to the same linkshell?

If they did, did you look at that shell?

This tactic is common practice to only one linkshell on Asura, and only one linkshell on Asura doesn't have the talent to kill anything past Qufim Island mobs.

So I'm just guessing that the person/people (more like person controlling all 7 characters if it is that linkshell) did it just to tick you off, because he thinks he owns everything he sees.

But don't worry about it too much. What happened happened.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
Server: Ramuh
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2010-01-07 08:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I was gonna apologize for the screw up in info I gave. Oh well...
[+]
 Alexander.Neph
Server: Alexander
user: Neph
By Alexander.Neph 2010-01-07 09:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Tankjr said:
If you're able to kill ***super fast or are soloing at a high level, GTFO of regular exp camps. Honestly people, there are other places to exp than the cookie cutter zones and if you are rocking a PL with a party holding 5 mobs at once then chances are good you can go somewhere out of the norm. Let the average joes have their 'pug alley' and their 'tar-tar sauce'

This.
[+]
 Cerberus.Janay
Server: Cerberus
user: janay
By Cerberus.Janay 2010-01-07 10:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Israfel said:
@ Kat: I think the OP is more pissed off not with the parties themselves, but some people in those paries that think they 'deserve' the right to disrupt eachothers exp and hinder the progress of those around them. (If that makes sense?) If certain people in those parties were a little more courteous I think we'd see less topics like these.

In all honesty, I don't like camping on top of others. Which also mean, if I see a party already at camp, ESPECIALLY with a PL, why even bother trying to camp a few feet from them?

PLs are there to assist with the healing and higher xp chains. If the party has a healer, and the kills are already quick, why not mass-pull?
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-01-07 10:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

BABBAOUY!BABBAOUY!BABBAOUY!BABBAOUY!BABBAOUY!
 Asura.Bismuth
user: Xalioniaf
By Asura.Bismuth 2010-01-13 15:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You could've jumped to the past and killed Lycopodiums.
Better than dealing with ***, eh?