Joyeuse Viable Weapon?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Joyeuse viable weapon?
Joyeuse viable weapon?
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-08 19:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I look at it this way. If you love DW'ing THAT much just lv mnk. It's the best DPS non 2hand job in the game.
 Bahamut.Ashua
Server: Bahamut
user: Ashua
By Bahamut.Ashua 2009-12-08 20:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Or if you love two handing that much lv SAM DRK or DRG. :P

Seriously, though. If I can be convinced that i do more with great axe then I would convert. I'm just not seeing it whenever I use GAXE.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-08 20:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll just put it to you this way. Your war haste build has 20% haste. With double march and haste, this puts you at 55% haste. Hasso puts you at 65% haste.
Going from 55 to 65% haste is 10/(100-65) = 28.57% increase in DoT and WS damage.

Since DW does not get hasso, this means that w/e damage you are doing on DW has to be 28.57% higher than a non hasso gax just to break even with a hasso gax war of your same build. This isn't looking at the acc/attack difference either, only the haste. And this is to break even. For DW to win, it would have to beat a non hasso gax war by MORE than 28.57%.
 Bismarck.Stephano
Server: Bismarck
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Stephano 2009-12-08 20:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Hasso is only 10% haste with SAM as your MAIN job. It's 5% with SAM as a sub.

Sorry to just butt in, this topic was on the main page and it caught my eye.
 Bahamut.Ashua
user: Ashua
By Bahamut.Ashua 2009-12-08 20:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

hasso is parttime because of the need for seigan third eye. Idk about you, but if i sit in hasso too long, I die. max potential isnt practical. Theres a reason you dont see MNK/WAR anymore.

joyuese proc stimulates tp growth which results in more frequent ws?

Just playing devils advocate. Im not saying gaxe is inferior to axe/joyeuse, but its not like gaxe is absolutely and universally better.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-12-08 20:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Accuracy and Haste are 10 and 10% regardless of level, only the STR scales.
 Diabolos.Buttercakes
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Buttercakes 2009-12-08 20:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll just throw this out there, its all fun and games to just crunch numbers with hasso and what parses better on paper. However, and I assume you are talking about merit pt's, war's will generally be voking, so full timing hasso isn't always an option. I guess you still get meditate regardless. Even so, and I've yet to compare parses to see for myself. 2h > 1h. That is straight fact. But depending on what you are doing who cares really. If you have more fun with 1h's(as I do) use them. Who cares if you parse slightly less than 2h, and in my experience sams with hagun just ***all over parses anyway, so you might as well just do what you want.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-08 20:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

"Hasso is only 10% haste with SAM as your MAIN job. It's 5% with SAM as a sub.

Sorry to just butt in, this topic was on the main page and it caught my eye."
100% incorrect. Hasso is 10% haste, main and or subjob. The only stat cut from sam main to sam sub is STR, the acc and haste are the exactly the same.

"hasso is parttime because of the need for seigan third eye. joyuese proc stimulates tp growth which results in more frequent ws?"
As far as merit pts go, you shouldn't rly need seigan if your DDs are killing the mobs fast enough. I honestly can't remember the last time I've used seigan in a merit pt.

Edit: said hasso instead of seigan in one part
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-08 20:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Buttercakes said:
I assume you are talking about merit pt's, war's will generally be voking, so full timing hasso isn't always an option.
? I main voke every time I sam/war, even if there is a war(hate ppl *** w/ my overwhelm), to a merit pt, literally cannot remember the last time I've had to use seigan.
[+]
 Remora.Eriuddo
Server: Remora
user: Eriuddo
By Remora.Eriuddo 2009-12-09 15:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

WAR is the best assist in dynamis and einherjar. It's not very practical to sub SAM in these places unless you have a shitton of people, and you're likely to have capped accuracy(unless xarc/tav) with pizza. This is a perfect example of where to use Axe/Joyeuse(obviously ridill is superior if you have it). There is no greataxe that universally beats Axe/Joy, but in high haste situations with /SAM(and ability to ride hasso without dying) or refresh for rune chopper, greataxe will be a better choice. The people talking about Perdu should learn how to calculate damage over time, or at the very least use common sense.. Rune Chopper is the ideal greataxe and essentially all properly handled situations will have a RDM in your party anyway.
 Diabolos.Ghlin
Server: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2009-12-09 15:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

http://shamayaasura.livejournal.com/8253.html

doesn't mention man/joy, but it's still somewhat relevant to this post.
 Remora.Eriuddo
By Remora.Eriuddo 2009-12-09 15:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shamaya's math is very vacuumed, and not at all practical for a real comparison of weapon to weapon. This isn't to say it's useless, but you shouldn't base your comparisons on a single scenario and they're using yellow curry buns + toreadors + aurum feet on GA build(with uncapped acc nonetheless) as opposed to pizza + blitz + dusk+1 :/
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-12-09 15:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Eriuddo said:
WAR is the best assist in dynamis and einherjar. It's not very practical to sub SAM in these places unless you have a shitton of people, and you're likely to have capped accuracy(unless xarc/tav) with pizza. This is a perfect example of where to use Axe/Joyeuse(obviously ridill is superior if you have it). There is no greataxe that universally beats Axe/Joy, but in high haste situations with /SAM(and ability to ride hasso without dying) or refresh for rune chopper, greataxe will be a better choice. The people talking about Perdu should learn how to calculate damage over time, or at the very least use common sense.. Rune Chopper is the ideal greataxe and essentially all properly handled situations will have a RDM in your party anyway.

I've yet to meet an RDM that doesnt have better ***to do in einherjar/dynamis than refresh the Wars.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-12-09 15:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

40mp and ~2 seconds isn't that much of a sacrifice for basically giving a WAR an Apocalypse (in terms of Haste effect).
 Leviathan.Solare
Server: Leviathan
user: Solare
By Leviathan.Solare 2009-12-09 15:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Eriuddo said:

You're a troll.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-12-09 15:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

What is incorrect about what he's saying?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-12-09 15:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Solare said:
You're a troll.
He's about as much of a troll as I am, though I'm curious if the universal statement included Bravura.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-12-09 16:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think so; his opinion could vary. Without doing the math, I'd imagine the damage procs, base damage differences and accuracy differences (you could liberally eat Red Curry + full Haste with Bravura on most stuff) would trump the Haste gain over time especially if /nin and the WAR in question is well-geared (which I'd imagine he would be with a Bravura)!

Bravura would lose 2% DA to maintain 6hit (assuming ideal tradeoff without wasted accuracy) but this is minor given an already high natural DA rate.

Could be wrong here though!
 Remora.Eriuddo
By Remora.Eriuddo 2009-12-09 18:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't including Bravura, though it's funny how many people jump to say I'm wrong while being unwilling to provide any sort of proof. I don't know what's sadder, how many ignorant posters around here or the fact that it's still better than BG and it's RMT kiddy crew :/

~Thorny
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-12-09 18:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, BG has turned to utter crap the last few days. So annoying.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-12-09 18:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Eriuddo said:
I wasn't including Bravura, though it's funny how many people jump to say I'm wrong while being unwilling to provide any sort of proof. I don't know what's sadder, how many ignorant posters around here or the fact that it's still better than BG and it's RMT kiddy crew :/

~Thorny
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Yeah, BG has turned to utter crap the last few days. So annoying.
Agree so much -.- Thanks for clearing that up by the way.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-09 19:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Eriuddo said:

~Thorny
Sup Thorny!
 Remora.Eriuddo
By Remora.Eriuddo 2009-12-09 19:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hay brah, you sick of dramafinder too?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-09 19:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I read like 4 of his posts, tops, then swapped to something more interesting. Judge Judy in particular. I love how she chops a *** down to size.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-12-09 19:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Where the hell did that dramafinder even appear from? One day he just suddenly starts infecting everything like a plague. Then ohaiguyz tries too hard to troll a lot of the time, shitting up more threads, and ugh. It's just getting so bad. We need more mods!
 Remora.Eriuddo
By Remora.Eriuddo 2009-12-09 19:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly don't see why the two of them haven't been banned, neither has ever posted anything constructive and they certainly aren't anywhere near as funny as they think they are :/
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-09 19:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The ffxi based threads are going to ***, but I mainly just hanged out in What's Better and Random question threads. Spam, Tech, and general are straight though.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-09 19:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Eriuddo said:
I honestly don't see why the two of them haven't been banned, neither has ever posted anything constructive and they certainly aren't anywhere near as funny as they think they are :/
The ban button has been overloaded by gravitrons
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-12-09 19:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

By Gravitons? <_<
By Remora.Blackwhirlwind 2009-12-15 09:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Im a full time war this is what i use for RR WS still need a few more pieces to complete the set

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=120943