Anyone Got A Drg Guide ( Bg Wiki Been Deleted)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » anyone got a drg guide ( bg wiki been deleted)
anyone got a drg guide ( bg wiki been deleted)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By zeta 2024-06-26 07:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gavroches said: »
Don’t know spicy, but over the "discussion", it’s becoming clear he had an incredible impact on BG guide, got antagonized by a part of the forum, and said "screw it im out, can’t do nothing right, all those folks have something to say, I take my ***and I’ll let them rebuild".

Well, some people are happy, I guess, and a fairly sizable part of the silent community is resource less for a while.

But hey, we can ask questions here, and between the "it’s common knowledge", "how don’t you know that", "it’s on pages 396/781, read the forum lazy ***" you might get the information you looking for with a grain of toxicity.

Spicy is an idiot that would write snarky comments in his guides bashing weapons he didnt personally like while calling anyone that didnt play his was a moron. I Know the guy personally and he loves to other anyone that isnt part of his little group and make waves anywhere he goes.
Reason he did so much on BG is he wanted to feel big and important and now he just wants his name on everyone lips. (case in point)
By Afania 2024-06-26 07:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gavroches said: »
and a fairly sizable part of the silent community is resource less for a while.

I personally don't use his guides that much so I can not see the impact as I am not benefitting from it. So I can be biased here:

But aren't all the resources already available before he left?

We have most of the game formula and mechanics nailed down for years. We have sim/spreadsheets made that can be used to quickly calculate ideal gear sets. Those can be used as a tool to build sets no?

I personally don't feel it's such a big loss since what really matters(game mechanics and tools) are still here.

The only thing that I find it valuable in those guides are mindsets from an experienced player. But those mindsets can also be built quickly if you've played the job for long enough, or if you spent some time to chat with other experienced players in game.

Personally I would say game formula and sim/spreadsheets are really the resources that make or break your game experience. Everything else(like gear sets, gameplay experience) just comes as we play the game normally. Job guides could save some learning time for new players, that's it. Tips for playing a job can also be built fairly quickly as soon as new players gained more experience.

I wouldn't say the community is "resources-less" because one guide writer left. Job guides are useful for sure, but compare with game formula/sims it is not game breaking level of useful imo.
By Felgarr 2024-06-26 07:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Has Spicy's admin access been removed?

This is abuse of privilege.
By K123 2024-06-26 07:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
Has Spicy's admin access been removed?

This is abuse of privilege.
Welcome to being a mod on another. Always power trippers.
[+]
By zeta 2024-06-26 07:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
The only thing that I find it valuable in those guides are mindsets from an experienced player. But those mindsets can also be built quickly if you've played the job for long enough, or if you spent some time to chat with other experienced players in game.

His mindset was very much against anyone that didnt play the way he did.

I recall wanting to pick THF back up and his Mandau info was... It is trash dont use it.
Now of course the dagger is most likely bottom of the REMA but didnt have to show a meme set for it and then just completely dismiss it. Since it was a 'guide' he could have talked about the better options but spoke about any ways(if there are any) to get some use out of the dagger.

I read some of his guides and they were filled with little jokes and insults. It felt yet again like a "look at me and how funny, smart i am" more than here is useful info that respects others possible play style.
Administrator
By Rooks 2024-06-26 08:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I've locked this, because Jesus Christ, people. Apparently people are taking this to other people and platforms? Anyway, knock it off. You should have it all out of your system now.

If you want guides, write them. Fetching things from the Wayback Machine written by a guy you don't like is some real loser behavior. If he sucks so bad, write your own ***.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8