Anyone Got A Drg Guide ( Bg Wiki Been Deleted)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » anyone got a drg guide ( bg wiki been deleted)
anyone got a drg guide ( bg wiki been deleted)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By gazzerl 2024-06-24 02:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

now spicyryan has deleted his guide from bgwiki does anyone have a up to date one at all ?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-24 04:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a year old but I don't think theres anything different a year ago to today.

https://web.archive.org/web/20230129171937/https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Here_Be_DRGs
[+]
By Seun 2024-06-24 04:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

He was mad that Naegling is the best polearm?
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-06-24 06:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're a real DRG, then Savage Bladers are your best friends.
By Atrox78 2024-06-24 07:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »
He was mad that Naegling is the best polearm?

Lmao Gae buide put an end to this
[+]
By Shermansmith408 2024-06-24 11:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like spicyryan took down more than just one guide.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-24 12:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Pardon my ignorance because I don't edit BG wiki (couldn't be bothered to go through their account creation process) but...isn't there a method to roll back changes? Feels pretty essential for a wiki. Also: remove his editing permissions?

Is there any moderation on BGwiki?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-24 12:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The pages are deleted, including revision history.

Except the link I posted from thewayback

Quote:
15:33, 23 June 2024 Spicyryan talk contribs deleted page Out of the BLU (Author request)
15:33, 23 June 2024 Spicyryan talk contribs deleted page Here Be DRGs (Author request)
15:33, 23 June 2024 Spicyryan talk contribs deleted page Rogues' Gallery (Author request)
Those are simply "gone"

https://www.bg-wiki.com/index.php?title=Community_Rune_Fencer_Guide&action=history

RUN guide he edited, and you can still see in history

They're his pages to delete, you should know better than to rely on someone that petty.
 Ragnarok.Creaucent
Server: Ragnarok
user: Creaucent
By Ragnarok.Creaucent 2024-06-24 13:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

A bit *** stupid deleting things players use for an old game that requires a lot of gear.
[+]
By jubes 2024-06-24 13:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

you don't need to know the whole story (if there even is one) to have seen this coming.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Special:Log/delete
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2024-06-24 13:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I get that losing the guides sucks, but some people who used the guides are the same people that call Spicy a worthless piece of ***, or *insert insult here* any time his name is mentioned. How are we hating him and regularly insulting him but still acting like he owes anyone a guide?
[+]
 Asura.Warmoose
user: Hillclimb
By Asura.Warmoose 2024-06-24 13:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Creaucent said: »
A bit *** stupid deleting things players use for an old game that requires a lot of gear.

Maybe he doesn't want a FFXI/digital footprint for personal or professional reasons.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-06-24 13:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

who is spicyryan?

I always heard his name but never bothered to look. can someone give me a history lesson about this guy.
By Lockethedark 2024-06-24 14:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Official Response

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxidrama/comments/1dapxmb/comment/l9wpfre/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-24 14:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Spicyryan

I'm not welcome in the community so I figured it is time to just oblige and start hanging up the old hat.

[+]
By jubes 2024-06-24 14:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bluespoons said: »
I get that losing the guides sucks, but some people who used the guides are the same people that call Spicy a worthless piece of ***, or *insert insult here* any time his name is mentioned. How are we hating him and regularly insulting him but still acting like he owes anyone a guide?

if directed at me, I don't have any reason to hate him, I just think he has a history of overreacting. it is sad to see such a big contribution of information just disappear, but you're right spicy owes none of us anything. it just seems from the outside to be a hasty decision to destroy so many hours of work like that. I'll edit my previous comment to be less offensive.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-06-24 14:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

lmao, that type of guy. It needs to declare its departure like an airplane. What an existence. lmao
[+]
By Lockethedark 2024-06-24 14:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
lmao, that type of guy. It needs to declare its departure like an airplane. What an existence. lmao

To be fair, he created that Reddit AMA around 12 days ago, but someone noticed the deletion yesterday and asked, and he answered.
By RadialArcana 2024-06-24 14:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-06-24 14:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bluespoons said: »

He doesn't owe anyone a guide, but he already wrote the guide. It costs him nothing to leave it up, and people might benefit. It's a crappy thing to do, and further validates the opinions of people who do hate him. Most of the people who really need a guide are not the heavily invested endgame players who engage with the community enough to even know who he is. They're casuals and returners who have never heard of or interacted with him.

Fortunately, it's not that big a deal. His guide wasn't some masterpiece, and most people only care about the equipment sets (which any other modern DRG can at least outline then someone can optimize from there). There will be a replacement soon enough.

But, imagine if a Windower lead or someone with considerably greater public contributions did the same thing. It'd have a profound negative impact on everyone, and no benefit for the person doing it. This sort of behavior is not justifiable.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-24 14:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

He took his toys and went home like a petulant child, luckily no one else of any consequence is also a petulant child.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-06-24 14:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

He should be removed from BGwiki.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gavroches
Server: Phoenix
user: gavroches
By Phoenix.Gavroches 2024-06-24 14:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn the drama about the “end zone” community. People opinions about him will polarizing, at best. He left and his cleaning up was thorough… all his guides, all his backup files, all his stuff, didn’t mess up anyone else’s ***thought. A dude that make plan left with a plan how to leave in beauty lol.

On this people are definitely “crankier” lately, not only in that hardcore world.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-06-24 14:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gavroches said: »
all his guides
he had guides?

Like I never heard of this dude until today.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-24 14:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

all his guides
he had guides?

Like I never heard of this dude until today.

Most people don't read the "by" line of guides or give a damn who made them.

Damn the drama about the “end zone” community. People opinions about him will polarizing, at best. He left and his cleaning up was thorough… all his guides, all his backup files, all his stuff, didn’t mess up anyone else’s ***thought. A dude that make plan left with a plan how to leave in beauty lol.

On this people are definitely “crankier” lately, not only in that hardcore world.

You need a refund on the AI that writes your posts for you.
[+]
 Fenrir.Zenion
Server: Fenrir
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2024-06-24 15:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, on the one hand... dang, that sucks, dragoon's not a super heavily covered job and it'd be nice to have some information on gearing it. That's actually a more thorough guide than I'd expect, actually covering pre-elite endgame sets.

On the other hand... like two weeks ago there was a big sissy slap fight between Spicyryan saying every wiki that isn't BG is a waste of time, and someone saying BG is The Devil for daring to mention private servers. And now he's out there actively compromising the one thing BG definitively had over other wikis? (Popcorn) (Can I have it?)
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-06-24 15:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

who is spicyryan?

I always heard his name but never bothered to look. can someone give me a history lesson about this guy.
He was a frequent poster here and even married Carrotchan, and he would often drunk ramble/rant.

Sometimes his rambling had a bit a charming air to it, and he liked to talk to anybody, but he also liked to be a bit of a *** and definitely adopted the mindset of, "Y'all just can't handle me."

He got permabanned at some point long before I was a mod, and he would sneak back onto the site on socks, and then later on Carrotchan's account too. Carrotchan is a total sweetie btw, as far as this forum goes, so I don't get the match up, but love is blind and all that.

Anyway, he was pretty knowledgeable about FFXI just from hanging around people more knowledgeable about it for so long (and playing it just as much as any of us ever have), and eventually made the leap to BG-Wiki editor after getting banned here, and would occasionally flash his guides and ***at us and other similar petty things through friends of his posting here.

But I read his DRG guide before. There was nothing particularly wrong with it, and it was up to date, but one glaring issue I had with it, was that it said to not bother questing Impulse Drive because you'll just get it from Shining One when you make Shining One... Neglecting that you don't just roll out of level 99 with full Ambuscade capability nor pulse weapons...

All in all, this isn't even a surprise. Sorry for the people relying on his guides. Someone else will probably step up to the bat and make equivalent or better guides though, if they're not already floating around out there for the guides he made.
[+]
By Afania 2024-06-24 15:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
He doesn't owe anyone a guide, but he already wrote the guide. It costs him nothing to leave it up, and people might benefit. It's a crappy thing to do, and further validates the opinions of people who do hate him. Most of the people who really need a guide are not the heavily invested endgame players who engage with the community enough to even know who he is. They're casuals and returners who have never heard of or interacted with him.

This analysis is too rational >:o should have say it a few days earlier Thorny! >:O
By Viciouss 2024-06-24 15:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't he create his own private server? And then lose it? Or something?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-24 15:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The obvious solution is to use the wayback version and put it back up without him having editor rights

Theres petty and theres “holier than thou im a self-proclaimed king” petty.

[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8