Anyone Got A Drg Guide ( Bg Wiki Been Deleted)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » anyone got a drg guide ( bg wiki been deleted)
anyone got a drg guide ( bg wiki been deleted)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By RadialArcana 2024-06-26 01:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care if he deletes his guides, it's good to see the back of him for good.

The bigger issue is whoever runs the site doesn't give a crap about it, which implies it might not even be here 6 months from now.

Again, update other wiki sites and don't just rely on BGwiki.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-06-26 01:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to know why he lost it.

he posted links to private server stuff on the official forums and got perma banned from the forum
[+]
By Tarage 2024-06-26 01:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »

he posted links to private server stuff on the official forums and got perma banned.
What a retard.
[+]
By Zehira 2024-06-26 02:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

he posted links to private server stuff on the official forums and got perma banned.

I noticed it before his posts got deleted. If his signature isn't coming back then he definitely got permabanned.

Anyway, I have never met him in game. Only the official forum.
By Pantafernando 2024-06-26 02:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Its funny every occurrence like this trigger the stages of grief almost to the letter.

At this point, we are already at anger stage, slowly moving to the bargain (finding alternatives).

Cmon, guys, we only need the depression before we can finally reach acceptance, and move on
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-26 02:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

he posted links to private server stuff on the official forums and got perma banned from the forum
LMAOOOOO

“Horizon stans spam their social media, ill post on the OF with my linked character name”
[+]
By Galkapryme 2024-06-26 03:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a couple questions:

Did he just delete his content since "he doesn't feel welcome in the community?" Or did he leave the game?
VIP
By Lili 2024-06-26 03:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Akkarinn said: »
So...it's not ok for me to undo his man-child edits, and he has the power to block me from the page, but all of his edits are fine?

Not taking sides here, but what happened with you is that Spicy removed his contributions to certain pages, and you were just rolling them back blindly. He then re-removed it, you re-rolled them back, then he blocked you from doing that.

Write a legit contribution to the page instead of rolling back words that Spicy wrote and your edits won't be blocked.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-06-26 03:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

He still has admin rights on the site, if you make new guides he can still screw with them as he wants. The owner doesn't care, so he can do what he wants.
By Galkapryme 2024-06-26 03:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Its funny every occurrence like this trigger the stages of grief almost to the letter.

At this point, we are already at anger stage, slowly moving to the bargain (finding alternatives).

Cmon, guys, we only need the depression before we can finally reach acceptance, and move on

Somehow I skipped straight to the "Overwhelming Joy" stage.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2024-06-26 03:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

He still has admin rights on the site, if you make new guides he can still screw with them as he wants. The owner doesn't care, so he can do what he wants.

Screwing with other author's material would be a very fast and very unpleasant way to make "the owner" care, so that won't happen.
By RadialArcana 2024-06-26 03:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/134970-Concerns-over-Spicyryans-wiki-powers/
By Galkapryme 2024-06-26 03:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if it's been posted, but to answer the question of the initial post:

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Dragoon_Guide_By_Kaius
[+]
By Seun 2024-06-26 03:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

How was he not already banned from the OF? No wonder the community doesn't respect him. He just barely earned his stripes.
By Afania 2024-06-26 04:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Who are we?! >:O

Plenty of people has moved to acceptance stage since the first page!
By Zehira 2024-06-26 04:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't know he was disliked. He is certainty not the worst person on the official forums.
By Afania 2024-06-26 04:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Zehira said: »
I didn't know he was disliked. He is certainty not the worst person on the official forums.

He doesn't post on major retail forums for years, unless you read BG forum you probably won't see him that much.

I could be wrong but I bet most of the recent negative opinions before guide deletion came from private server players.
 Asura.Akkarinn
Server: Asura
user: Camosan
By Asura.Akkarinn 2024-06-26 04:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »
So...it's not ok for me to undo his man-child edits, and he has the power to block me from the page, but all of his edits are fine?

Not taking sides here, but what happened with you is that Spicy removed his contributions to certain pages, and you were just rolling them back blindly. He then re-removed it, you re-rolled them back, then he blocked you from doing that.

Write a legit contribution to the page instead of rolling back words that Spicy wrote and your edits won't be blocked.

Says he’s quitting. “Putting the old hat up”. That’s not really true though is it. If he was just quitting and calling it a day he wouldn’t be going nuclear on wiki pages.

He’s trying to make a point to the community - I have no idea what that point is. Wah wah mah stuff? It sounds to me like a very small number of people haven’t “accepted him” and he’s been “pushed out”, whatever that means, but everyone else is being punished by his Wiki power tantrum.

Whatever message he was trying to send, point he was trying to make or support/sympathy he was seeking has been lost in the mess of his tantrum.
By Kadokawa 2024-06-26 04:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I really love Spicyryan guides, it helped me with the jobs I play when I returned to play around 2014, some people just love to hate popular people for no reason everywhere, Cause their existence hurt their Ego, they feel small as they should be.

Spicy is like Batman, We don't Deserve him, Good that he removed the Guides so you all hating on him learn your place as haters.

Plus, Yes I know Spicy is an *** but he deserve credits for he's great work for the returners community.
By Zehira 2024-06-26 04:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
unless you read BG forum you probably won't see him that much.

I don't often visit random FFXI-related forums myself even though I have read some of his posts somewhere like BG and Reddit. Unlike other sites, the official forums restricted your freedom of speech. Kinda funny how he tries to say, isn't it?
By Afania 2024-06-26 05:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Kadokawa said: »
I really love Spicyryan guides, it helped me with the jobs I play when I returned to play around 2014, some people just love to hate popular people for no reason everywhere, Cause their existence hurt their Ego.

Despite I don't like to take sides in people drama, I still have to point out this claim is wrong.

Think about it. Plenty of well-known players in the FFXI community also contributed plenty of things. People like Funk, Proth, Byrth, Chia etc also contributed a lot, and the people who wrote sim/spreadsheets/GS etc. And yet they don't get nearly as much hate. If what you said is true they should have many haters too no?

I don't know what he did in the PS community that caused all the hate but I am pretty sure the hate doesn't only came from fame nor hater's ego. There IS a reason behind an individual's reputation. In this world your reputation is the result of your own choice.

Also if you are a well-known person, your behavior will be seen by more people. If you have more negative behavior than positive ones, you'll have worse reputation than people with less negative behavior even with equal fame.

Most of the time popular people has negative reputation because they don't care to manage their reputation by picking their behavior and words more carefully. So what they got is what they choose. (Or maybe they tried but then failed when emotions got in the way on decision making)

The reverse is also true. People who spend time to maintain their reputation will have less haters even if they are very popular.

Spicy made it very clear, in his own words, that he doesn't care about what other people thinks. That's exactly what he said when we had a conversation once. So he made this choice since long time ago and the drama today is simply the result of his own choice from before. Saying the reason doesn't exist is incorrect.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-06-26 05:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Now this thread is becoming quite deep.
By Afania 2024-06-26 05:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Now this thread is becoming quite deep.

It's not deep, it's common sense!(a common sense that everyone knows but hard to follow)
By Kadokawa 2024-06-26 06:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
I really love Spicyryan guides, it helped me with the jobs I play when I returned to play around 2014, some people just love to hate popular people for no reason everywhere, Cause their existence hurt their Ego.

Despite I don't like to take sides in people drama, I still have to point out this claim is wrong.

Think about it. Plenty of well-known players in the FFXI community also contributed plenty of things. People like Funk, Proth, Byrth, Chia etc also contributed a lot, and the people who wrote sim/spreadsheets/GS etc. And yet they don't get nearly as much hate. If what you said is true they should have many haters too no?

I don't know what he did in the PS community that caused all the hate but I am pretty sure the hate doesn't only came from fame nor hater's ego. There IS a reason behind an individual's reputation. In this world your reputation is the result of your own choice.

Also if you are a well-known person, your behavior will be seen by more people. If you have more negative behavior than positive ones, you'll have worse reputation than people with less negative behavior even with equal fame.

Most of the time popular people has negative reputation because they don't care to manage their reputation by picking their behavior and words more carefully. So what they got is what they choose. (Or maybe they tried but then failed when emotions got in the way on decision making)

The reverse is also true. People who spend time to maintain their reputation will have less haters even if they are very popular.

Spicy made it very clear, in his own words, that he doesn't care about what other people thinks. That's exactly what he said when we had a conversation once. So he made this choice since long time ago and the drama today is simply the result of his own choice from before. Saying the reason doesn't exist is incorrect.

He was a big troll when he's online on shouts and official forums, however the good deeds he has done still counts and has benefit more players through the years, or we would not have this discussion now.
By K123 2024-06-26 06:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It's amusing to know there is someone more hated than me on FFXI forums. I thought pchan might have beat me once, but then no matter how tarded he was, he did contribute some good stuff to the community in terms of strategy.
VIP
By Lili 2024-06-26 06:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Says he’s quitting. “Putting the old hat up”. That’s not really true though is it. If he was just quitting and calling it a day he wouldn’t be going nuclear on wiki pages.

He’s trying to make a point to the community - I have no idea what that point is. Wah wah mah stuff? It sounds to me like a very small number of people haven’t “accepted him” and he’s been “pushed out”, whatever that means, but everyone else is being punished by his Wiki power tantrum.

Whatever message he was trying to send, point he was trying to make or support/sympathy he was seeking has been lost in the mess of his tantrum.

None of this has to do with your edits being reverted tho, and my message was solely about clarifying why that happened.
I don't know why you're saying these things in reply to me.
Not that I disagree or agree, it's just entirely beside the content of my message.

K123 said: »
It's amusing to know there is someone more hated than me on FFXI forums. I thought pchan might have beat me once, but then no matter how tarded he was, he did contribute some good stuff to the community in terms of strategy.

Who are you?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-26 06:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Please note that all contributions to BGWiki are considered to be released under the Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 (see BGWiki:Copyrights for details). If you don't want your writing to be edited mercilessly and redistributed at will, then don't submit it here. You are also promising us that you wrote this yourself, or copied it from a public domain or similar free resource.

Spicy doesnt own his previous contributions to the wiki.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2024-06-26 06:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Spicy doesnt own his previous contributions to the wiki.

No, but it has always been the policy, for user guides, to leave "authorship/ownership" to the original writers, for better or for worse, including oblivium rights.

Equally for better or for worse, the stance of current bg-wiki admins (which are more than one, and I bet they're rolling their eyes so hard it contributes to global warming) is to let Spicy do with the stuff he personally wrote what he prefers to do.

It's 2010 Fishmonger all over again lol
[+]
 Phoenix.Gavroches
Server: Phoenix
user: gavroches
By Phoenix.Gavroches 2024-06-26 06:37:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Don’t know spicy, but over the "discussion", it’s becoming clear he had an incredible impact on BG guide, got antagonized by a part of the forum, and said "screw it im out, can’t do nothing right, all those folks have something to say, I take my ***and I’ll let them rebuild".

Well, some people are happy, I guess, and a fairly sizable part of the silent community is resource less for a while.

But hey, we can ask questions here, and between the "it’s common knowledge", "how don’t you know that", "it’s on pages 396/781, read the forum lazy ***" you might get the information you looking for with a grain of toxicity.
[+]
By Afania 2024-06-26 07:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

He was a big troll when he's online on shouts and official forums, however the good deeds he has done still counts and has benefit more players through the years, or we would not have this discussion now.

This is more of a case to case basis. There are people who uses his guides more and people who uses his guide less. He obviously disliked (and attacked) certain people more than another.

As a result people will have drastically different opinions based on past interaction.

Expecting everybody having the same reaction despite they have utterly different experience with him from the past is unrealistic. Humanity doesn't work that way. If you are someone who never uses his guide and got attacked by him in the past, you are far more likely to hate him than those who never got attacked by him before.

Saying everyone's reaction should be the same because of of this vague "community benefits" is not justified. People's reactions are always based on each individual's life experience.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8