Forming A "midgame" Linkshell?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Forming a "midgame" linkshell?
Forming a "midgame" linkshell?
By gistofanything 2023-04-21 21:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Fun in theory, but in practice it doesn't seem possible. Most people are just going to be grabbing their handout odyssey gear as soon as they hit 45 days, and that's aside from passive gains like master levels and job buffs. Going in order with a group of comparable strength would get you many more hours of gameplay and a more enjoyable experience IMO, it's just extremely hard to find people with that mindset and even if you do you wouldn't be doing the content the way it was at release.

I'm still very infatuated by progressing through this older content with others since I never really had the opportunity myself, and I'd like to start a shell dedicated to going through that all, even if it might be a while to gather together the necessary people.

I made this a separate thread since I think this might be more involved than just a random question for that thread.

My express intent of putting this group together would be to get said group from fresh 99 to being prepared to enter content level 140 and above and not get laughed at. This would entail preparing thf, blu (or similar cleaving job), a job of choice, and a support job for all those who choose to join the team. Once this objective is achieved, the shell will likely either only continue being daily ambuscade clears or disbanding. I see posts often enough recruiting for the latest and greatest content, but not really much preparing to enter that, so I'd like to do my part in filling this niche.

What are some key things I should consider when building the shell/group? Should I know how each job type needs to go through the content to benefit the most (i.e. not running events that only benefit one role)? To lead events, how can I best prepare myself on studying up on each of the fights when I haven't done them from a leadership point of view (e.g., vagary clears, not-ou omen bosses, early HTBs, etc)?

Getting way more hours of gameplay sounds very attractive to me, and I'd hope it's as attractive to those who choose to go on this rollercoaster of emotions with me. :j
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By gistofanything 2023-04-22 08:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't define a server or play times yet because I'm not sure whether or not this is a good idea. Most people are going to have already done this, and those that haven't may not be as enchanted by having more game to play when there is now a path of lesser resistance that wasn't available 4 or 5 years back even.

Reddit seems to be having a somewhat positive response, but they're all from Asura, so I'm not sure if I'd have to make the jump to realize this vision of mine