Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 781 782 783 ... 842 843 844
 Bahamut.Noscrying
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: NoScrying
By Bahamut.Noscrying 2023-04-17 14:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kruel said: »
Bahamut.Noscrying said: »
Anyone notice any Odin HBTF changes?
Went to get some friends some drops today on VD.
After 50% he started to resist damage down to 50dmg Enspell damage very often, only got him to 30% with 5 min to go.

Back when I was farming him religiously the most I usually got resisted after 50% was about 200-250 at best 25% of the time, and he'd be dead at 20-25min depending on resists.
Were you just doing the enspell method?

Odin htbf has the dyna d WS wall, so if you or anyone else did repeated WS's it'll steadily build up his DT.

Only time I've ever seen enspell dmg drop to the low levels you mentioned was when he'd been hit by the same WS too many times in a row.

If you're like me and you don't worry about zero Tp feed till he's at 51% hp, you can get locked fighting him with massive DT below 50%, cos it'll be too risky to do other WS's to reset the DT by that point.

Even with my current method, below 50% I also have a SMN doin blood pacts to speed the fight up, but too many Flaming Crushes in a row, and he starts taking less dmg, so have to alternate Blood Pacts.

I was doing a solo RDM enspell strat, a thought occured to me however, do HTBF bosses get more stats when there are more real players? Seems to be something I remember, but I can't confirm it on BG-Wiki
By gistofanything 2023-04-17 15:35:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there an A-Z guide of doing the adoulin mythic requirements in 2023?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-04-17 15:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Legend rank in all coalitions

Step 1: Completion of a job specific quest: Saved by the Bell or Quiescence. and trading 100 H-P Bayld

Step 2: Trade 200 Ghastly Stone, 1 random crafting material drop from each Delve I Megaboss, and 500 H-P Bayld

Step 3: Trade 200 Verdigris Stone, 1 random crafting material drop from each Delve II Megaboss, and 2,500 H-P Bayld

Step 4: Trade 200 Wailing Stones, Pristine Yggrete Crystal (2,500,000 Mweya Plasm), and 9,999 H-P Bayld
[+]
By gistofanything 2023-04-17 16:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Legend rank in all coalitions

Step 1: Completion of a job specific quest: Saved by the Bell or Quiescence. and trading 100 H-P Bayld

Step 2: Trade 200 Ghastly Stone, 1 random crafting material drop from each Delve I Megaboss, and 500 H-P Bayld

Step 3: Trade 200 Verdigris Stone, 1 random crafting material drop from each Delve II Megaboss, and 2,500 H-P Bayld

Step 4: Trade 200 Wailing Stones, Pristine Yggrete Crystal (2,500,000 Mweya Plasm), and 9,999 H-P Bayld

Thank you!
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-04-17 17:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Just fyi
"Legend Rank in all coalitions" will take a couple days:
Get all coalitions to advisor rank (600 imprims presuming always getting max credit) and do the advisor rank ops (13 imprims) to get the bronze shovel cordon. At 6 hours per imprimatur, without wasting any, thats ~153 days. With the Bronze Cordon, a new imprim is available every 5.5 hours. The remaining 227 imprims to spend to get to legend rank will take an additional ~52 days.

I dont believe it can get any faster than that, short of someone finding out the exact formula to get Bronze Shovel Cordon prior to advisor rank.
 Bahamut.Noscrying
Server: Bahamut
user: NoScrying
By Bahamut.Noscrying 2023-04-18 04:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Just fyi
"Legend Rank in all coalitions" will take a couple days:
Get all coalitions to advisor rank (600 imprims presuming always getting max credit) and do the advisor rank ops (13 imprims) to get the bronze shovel cordon. At 6 hours per imprimatur, without wasting any, thats ~153 days. With the Bronze Cordon, a new imprim is available every 5.5 hours. The remaining 227 imprims to spend to get to legend rank will take an additional ~52 days.

I dont believe it can get any faster than that, short of someone finding out the exact formula to get Bronze Shovel Cordon prior to advisor rank.
Just reached 2. Legendary Coalition, it feels like such a slog to get through.

I wish someone had asked during the 20th AMA if they had forgotten they told us they were gonna look at the time required for them.
By Pantafernando 2023-04-18 12:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to add, its advisable to do every coalition quest at least once
[+]
By Dodik 2023-04-18 15:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Better coalitions than assaults twice over, plus Nyzul Isle plus Einhenjar.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-04-18 16:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I get what you're saying, but at the same time, I disagree. With minimal dedication, someone could bang out the assaults, NI, Ein in 1-2 weeks. Getting 30k alex with minimal dedication is another matter, but thats not the goal. The same cant be said about coalitions. There is a very strict time gating that cant be sped up any further than the 6 months I noted above.

edit: 1 week may be rough depending on your definition of minimal dedication (ie:~1 hour a day)

I'm also presuming that this person's done enough RoV to get the Azure KI. Obviously the ETA changes drastically if you can only do one assault every 24 hours vs every 10 min.
[+]
 Asura.Kyaaadaaa
user: Kyaaadaa
By Asura.Kyaaadaaa 2023-04-18 17:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
Better coalitions than assaults twice over, plus Nyzul Isle plus Einhenjar.

Agreed, and if you do multiple mythics... kill yourself. Put them assaults on repeat.
By Hopalong 2023-04-18 18:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I have three mythic and two ergon.

I'd rather do coalitions than assaults simply because its low input and then its done for the two weapons. Also it leads to ygnas and +1 ring and some pretty decent missions all in all. Loved them taru kid robbers.

Six months for two ergon isn't bad, its about the same as two mythic but mythic so much more work.
By gistofanything 2023-04-18 21:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it worth putting together a group for some of the older group content like Unity, Delve, and so on, or would it be better to have the support of an endgame linkshell to skip those steps?

I feel like the former would be better to fit the spirit of the game, but I don't really know how practical that is in [insert current year here].
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-04-18 21:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

A group of people with mutual goal (can) make those specific things go faster. (no items to get and leave / fight over)

Be it with randos or a shell, either can be faster. You can make a shout party any time any day but a shell will be setting events.

Same problems apply to both too, 6 warriors and zero buffers/healers.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-04-19 01:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt anybody remembers this but let's try!

Anybody has a rough estimate of how many Hardened Bones are needed for each Fame levelup in Abyssea Tahrongi?
By gistofanything 2023-04-19 09:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

kuroki said: »
depends on you and your goals really. want to experience all the things or just do the latest and greatest? its inevitable to do some things like unity so whether you do it at content level or over powered is up to you. no content is whoa amazing enough imo to require the lowest level possible for challenge, but that's just me.

Yeah, I don't mean to imply that it adds like cool points for doing content at level and stuff - idk I just prefer to try and get things on my own merit instead of being carried all the time so I can learn the game as I play and be less of a liability as I gear up.

The thing is I don't know if many people share a similar mindset to me, so maybe it would be easier to be carried and skip to endgame. I don't know how many new people are going through the content ladder in [insert current year here], so idk if recruitment would be feasible or not for that stuff. I think I'd prefer to do do it and learn it if I can though.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-04-19 11:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fun in theory, but in practice it doesn't seem possible. Most people are just going to be grabbing their handout odyssey gear as soon as they hit 45 days, and that's aside from passive gains like master levels and job buffs. Going in order with a group of comparable strength would get you many more hours of gameplay and a more enjoyable experience IMO, it's just extremely hard to find people with that mindset and even if you do you wouldn't be doing the content the way it was at release.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-04-19 12:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Fun in theory, but in practice it doesn't seem possible. Most people are just going to be grabbing their handout odyssey gear as soon as they hit 45 days, and that's aside from passive gains like master levels and job buffs. Going in order with a group of comparable strength would get you many more hours of gameplay and a more enjoyable experience IMO, it's just extremely hard to find people with that mindset and even if you do you wouldn't be doing the content the way it was at release.
*sniff* *sniff* *ears perk*

Handout Odyssey gear?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-04-19 12:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

V0 R0 Gaol gear is "basically" zero effort handout (but takes 45 days) ((and if you have someone to enter you))

If it only had 3 day it would completely negate ambuscade+2 as starter gear
By gistofanything 2023-04-19 12:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Authenticity be damned, I just want to make sure I'm not that guy looking like a bought account or something because I don't know how to play my job or whatever. It's kinda like buying a level boost and not knowing how to play your class, right? :^)

If doing the earlier stuff (2014-2017) isn't really the play to build the knowledge of game mechanics and such, what would you recommend to get a hang of both how the game plays and how the player fits into the gameplay loop and stuff.

What path would you say a typical new or returning player takes going from zero to endgame?
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-04-19 12:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

gistofanything said: »
If doing the earlier stuff (2014-2017) isn't really the play to build the knowledge of game mechanics and such, what would you recommend to get a hang of both how the game plays and how the player fits into the gameplay loop and stuff.

What path would you say a typical new or returning player takes going from zero to endgame?
You can sort of practice a little bit with Trusts, since they aren't going to judge you for making mistakes. The EXP grind can at least familiarize you with your abilities, which is enough to let you start picturing how the puzzle of gameplay all fits together.

Ambuscade is a good starting point at level 99 from my experience. You can pick from Very Easy to Very Difficult, meaning you can tailor the challenge to your level of confidence, and the rewards make for an excellent jumping-off point for other content. Not to mention it's endlessly grindable with no time-based restrictions at all.

And never be afraid to ask for help. Join a linkshell and ask for tips about the job you want to try playing. Surely someone can offer you insight on things like positioning, equipment sets, macros, and ability timing.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-04-19 12:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't need to re-do old content just to learn a job. Even veterans need to learn how to play new jobs they haven't played before.

Just.. play the job. Start with low risk stuff, eg Ambuscade with trusts on N or something, then team up, then some Omen and so forth.

Best progression is ambuscade gear, then whatever Gaol gear you can get. Omen/Dynamis will maybe take a bit longer depending on access.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-04-19 13:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

How many and is there a way to find them all, equipment that do slip damage.

I can think of like 3 and the prime weapons. Looking for something a thf/mnk/nin/pup can use without doing sortie

A 30 minute poisonous food would work too I can't think of anything that lasts for than 5 or so minutes.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-04-19 16:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I doubt anybody remembers this but let's try!

Anybody has a rough estimate of how many Hardened Bones are needed for each Fame levelup in Abyssea Tahrongi?
Answering my own question here.
Not sure if it's the same for all the levels, but at least from Fame3 to Fame4 it required exactly 10 Hardened Bones (i.e. 10 turn ins).

Every turn in takes approx 2' 15" (including the zoning time), and that's with 60% movement speed from COR main.
So approx 20 mins of zoning back and approx 25 mins of mining to farm 10 hardened bones.
Let's sum it up to roughly 1hr for 1 fame level?

Could've been worse I guess but then again it's so incredibly tedious it's no surprise I left this behind back in the days lmao
By gistofanything 2023-04-19 17:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

TP bonus moonshade earring still right, even if I don't plan on having an endgame melee DD?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-04-19 17:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

TP bonus moonshade earring still right, even if I don't plan on having an endgame melee DD?

like 99.9% of the time, yeah.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-04-20 01:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

How many and is there a way to find them all, equipment that do slip damage.

I can think of like 3 and the prime weapons. Looking for something a thf/mnk/nin/pup can use without doing sortie

A 30 minute poisonous food would work too I can't think of anything that lasts for than 5 or so minutes.
The Berserker's Torque is all jobs and does 50HP per tic when weapon is drawn.

Frenzy Sallet is 100HP per tic with weapon drawn usable by MNK and THF

Other than those, nothing comes to mind. I think you'd have to go page by page looking at stuff with latents.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-04-20 02:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
The Berserker's Torque is all jobs
wat
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2023-04-20 04:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

like 99.9% of the time, yeah.

For staff users, Myrkr alone probably makes going with TP Bonus worth it. There are other niche mage uses like wanting to make a Cataclysm set, or Mystic Boon for WHM, or whatever...

I can't think of many examples of players getting more use out of TP Bonus than the alternatives, except maybe a character with only one or more of WHM SMN GEO (and no other jobs), with no plans to ever want to melee/WS with them... Then yeah, I could see choosing the idle refresh augment for that kind of character.

There's no real case for any other choice on the possible augment list from that category.
By Pantafernando 2023-04-20 05:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sup

Anyone got a nice setup of trusts to proc in VW and abyssea?

Thanks
First Page 2 3 ... 781 782 783 ... 842 843 844