Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 147 148 149
 Asura.Disclai
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-08-16 21:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Did a run with a couple friends. Full cleared the first few maps, and the only regular NM we got to spawn was a porxie. Barely saw any chests and only got the temporary items from them, no neck boxes.
 Asura.Neviskio
user: Neviskio
By Asura.Neviskio 2022-08-16 21:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the info hya, I guess the other theory that was floating is that there are hidden objectives, might have to pay more attention in the future myself to make sure what kills the mob that drops the treasure coffer. Could be some vagary-lite shenanigans of "kill with some skillchain" or whatever.
By SavageJoke 2022-08-16 21:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hya said: »

Haven't seen anyone post about this. Got this notification after killing an Ice Elemental with a 27k Leaden Salute. A chest spawned at the same time this message appeared, and it contained the B Shard.

Edit: A bit later we were fighting Ice/Water Elementals, and got two more messages, increasing to 3/7. Two chests spawned, one contained the B Metal. It looked like the other just contained 100 gallmaufirtrty.

Cleared all of A, got the blue box from south trash for an old case for everyone, red box from leech NM that was up from the start for 500 random BS currency #19023930284, and the brown box from opening the door. 3/7 0/1 at the end. We had to backtrack to kill 2 mobs, unsure if respawns or if they fell off running to group up.

Never received the plate or the shard for A despite killing all the mobs there. Towards the end we started trying the bs procs /objectives from vagary to see if that might be a thing but the mobs died very fast and we weren't set up for it really.
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-08-16 21:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

SavageJoke said: »
unsure if respawns

I can attest that there are no timed respawns. We ended up running back to the very beginning after clearing everything up to the locked Gate B, and none of the mobs that we killed within the first 5mins were back. Based on the sheer number of mobs and the different variety of Elementals, I'd be willing to wager there is some sort of similar proc system to Vagary, especially given that someone above claims to have proc'd Leshonn.
By macsdf1 2022-08-16 21:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

LS team got 2 gems and 10500 points, said they killed 2 mini and boss in B.
 Bismarck.Yvan
Server: Bismarck
user: yvan
By Bismarck.Yvan 2022-08-16 21:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

We got into the M/N 6/7 area which had a bunch of elementals
Diaphanous Gadget #B was in the N-1 nook.
 Asura.Neviskio
By Asura.Neviskio 2022-08-16 21:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

SavageJoke said: »
unsure if respawns or if they fell off running to group up.

I can confirm mobs lose hate if you run far away enough, I mistakenly got 2 umbril aggro while solo drg with 3 dead trusts due to doom, legged as far as I could and they just deaggrod similar to ody segs runs.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-08-16 21:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing I can say about this event, and I'm very pleased with it. It looks like black mage will be very relevant again. The mechanics appear to be similar enough to vagary that I dubbed the event Vagary 2.0 with my friends. I'm pretty sure we'll end up with a lot of magic burst strategies, and there are so many elemental and mobs that just don't take physical damage well. It felt like blm would be as good in this event as it was in the original vagary.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-08-16 21:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Decimated Leshonn in less than 60s with Rana -> Fudo skillchains. BRD and COR buffs
 Asura.Neviskio
By Asura.Neviskio 2022-08-16 22:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Decimated Leshonn in less than 60s with Rana -> Fudo skillchains. BRD and COR buffs

Did you have the plate thing? also noticed any blue proc when doing the skillchain as someone mentioned a blue proc?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-08-16 22:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah had a plate, I didn't notice any procs or anything. It didn't do anything threatening at all, strongest thing it hit me with did like 400dmg (Tearing Gust).

Also it dropped a sapphire

[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-08-16 22:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
One thing I can say about this event, and I'm very pleased with it. It looks like black mage will be very relevant again. The mechanics appear to be similar enough to vagary that I dubbed the event Vagary 2.0 with my friends. I'm pretty sure we'll end up with a lot of magic burst strategies, and there are so many elemental and mobs that just don't take physical damage well. It felt like blm would be as good in this event as it was in the original vagary.

I don't see us bringing blm - Brd doing A.Edge, War cataclysm, 99k leadens, Nin was busting up some HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE numbers as well with hybrid WS. Wild fire was 2 shotting dark eles with skillchain.

Unless a boss needs it I.e ongo or something, It's safe to say other jobs just do a better job than blm here.
[+]
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-08-16 22:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah had a plate, I didn't notice any procs or anything. It didn't do anything threatening at all, strongest thing it hit me with did like 400dmg (Tearing Gust).

Just wanted to confirm that you get either a Case or a Sapphire from a Gate NM.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2022-08-16 22:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hya said: »

Just wanted to confirm that you get either a Case or a Sapphire from a Gate NM.
I didn't screenshot but our group got sapphire & old case.
[+]
 Asura.Seraphical
By Asura.Seraphical 2022-08-16 22:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Good news - finally managed to log back in after almost 12 hours

Bad news - lost all my Gallimaufry, the earring and the sapphire I had picked up

My original entry KI was restored to Shiny so it just looks like I was never in the zone
 Asura.Neviskio
By Asura.Neviskio 2022-08-16 22:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone's interested wiki has the updated page for earrings, https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:Sortie_Rewards if you have info to add on the ranges feel free, as I understand it's not likely to be grabbed in other ways but manually as Chiaia was explaining it's not something we can obtain easily.
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-08-16 22:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Just noticed when my alt casted refresh on herself, the coffer status report 4/7 notification popped up, and a brown chest popped on top of her. Did not kill anything, so there is some kind of objective being completed, most likely buffs x numbers of time
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2022-08-16 22:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone that might be able to verify or noticed if the bosses have the mechanic of using to many of same WS? I didn't see any mentions but I had my damage just go to basically nothing. This was on Leshon. Went from 40k down gradually to almost 5k.
 Bismarck.Nekhekh
user: nekhekh
By Bismarck.Nekhekh 2022-08-16 23:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Earrings can be sold to NPCs apparently. In Mhaura it is showing for 3878. Could be good if don't have space/job/duplicate since it is only for 1 ear.
 Asura.Bigtymer
user: olson2189
By Asura.Bigtymer 2022-08-16 23:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Went in to test objective conditions on some alts and managed to get 5/7 zone A objectives.

The 5 events that gave me objective completions were:
1) Fire Magic Burst kill on an Acuex (3rd magic burst kill until I got this objective).
2) Killed Leach NM (Obdella).
3) Opened the first A1 gate.
4) Another Fire Magic Burst kill on an Acuex (this was probably the 12th or higher magic burst kill that gave this objective).
5) Killed the last trash mob in zone A. Note, this was also a magic burst kill, so this data point is tainted as far as which one awarded the objective.

It's also worth noting that I did kill the zone A boss (Ghatjot), which did not award objective progress.
[+]
 Asura.Neviskio
By Asura.Neviskio 2022-08-16 23:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bigtymer said: »
Went in to test objective conditions on some alts and managed to get 5/7 zone A objectives.

The 5 events that gave me objective completions were:
1) Fire Magic Burst kill on an Acuex (3rd magic burst kill until I got this objective).
2) Killed Leach NM (Obdella).
3) Opened the first A1 gate.
4) Another Fire Magic Burst kill on an Acuex (this was probably the 12th or higher magic burst kill that gave this objective).
5) Killed the last trash mob in zone A. Note, this was also a magic burst kill, so this data point is tainted as far as which one awarded the objective.

This seems the highest amount of objectives completed so far ty for sharing, I've only seen 3/7 as the highest up to now from various discords/forums/places. Seems maybe it's like vagary stacked towards magic again? I definitely only got 3/7 by full clearing the first map on drg so melee + sc only
 Sylph.Averel
Server: Sylph
user: Averel
By Sylph.Averel 2022-08-16 23:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

From old case +1
Case from Leshonn, blue proc, no metal, no TH
[+]
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-08-16 23:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's what I got

A Objective 1/7: Killed Acuex with Leaden Salute.
A Objective 2/7: Killed Acuex with Leaden Salute.
A Objective 3/7: Opened A1 Gate.
A Objective 4/7: Casted Refresh on self.

B Objective 1/7: Killed Fire Elemental with Leaden Salute.
B Objective 2/7: Killed Fire Elemental with Savage Blade.
B Objective 3/7: Killed Ice Elemental with Leaden Salute.
[+]
user: swordwiz
By Asura.Lordoftheseven 2022-08-17 00:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

has anyone figured out how to get the metal for the first boss ?
By Thunderjet 2022-08-17 00:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aburaage said: »
Here's what I got

A Objective 1/7: Killed Acuex with Leaden Salute.
A Objective 2/7: Killed Acuex with Leaden Salute.
A Objective 3/7: Opened A1 Gate.
A Objective 4/7: Casted Refresh on self.

B Objective 1/7: Killed Fire Elemental with Leaden Salute.
B Objective 2/7: Killed Fire Elemental with Savage Blade.
B Objective 3/7: Killed Ice Elemental with Leaden Salute.
Wait what i just had to kill 7 mobs per wave!!?? Me and drg killed all map 1 or 2 jesus what a waste of time
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-08-17 00:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderjet said: »
Wait what i just had to kill 7 mobs per wave!!?? Me and drg killed all map 1 or 2 jesus what a waste of time
No, it was the Coffer status report, it always report objectives out of 7
[+]
By Homsar 2022-08-17 00:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Random augments then? God *** damn it.
 Odin.Demhar
Server: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2022-08-17 00:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Killed the Boss #B Leshonn. No one got a box in the inventory
By macsdf1 2022-08-17 00:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Got a blue proc on boss B too, not sure what does it.

My guess is there's omen type objectives, but we can't see them , intended or not.

Solo guys prob have easier time doing it vs a grope.

Tried doing a bunch of magic burst, did nada.
By Ultimaetus 2022-08-17 01:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Party bugged out on entry, couldn't fix it, relogged, now locked out of the game it seems
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 147 148 149