First Page 2 3 ... 64 65 66 ... 147 148 149
 Asura.Wotasu
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2022-09-21 00:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Koliz said: »
Is Casket c1 the same condition as b1? Kill 3 mobs in <~30 seconds eacch? I consistently get it in B; but have only gotten it a few times in C. I definitely kill the mobs < 30 sec on mnk a good bit of the time. Am I just getting unlucky and barely missing it somehow? I killed 17 mobs today and am confident at least half were a fair bit under 30.
Our group thinks it's a shorter time limit. I've seen talks around 15seconds on JP sites.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-21 09:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Vaerix said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
There was no defense down debuff though. It was definitely rage. I know this because we wiped and then attempted to recover and Leshonn still hit is for the same high amounts of damage, even when there were certainly no debuffs present to transfer.

There's some other mechanic that causes him to enrage, I think it involves using an elemental ability or skill chain that Leshonn might be strong to. Idk what it is, but there's some other condition that might cause him to go crazy.

Just for completion sake, I cast Dia2 3x on A boss and his power increased rapidly, the only spells used and they were in short succession because I was trying to do something else in my recent commands. 0 damage spell, 3 spell casts(0 absorbed damage), Boss damage went up to 1.5k+ to all party members in range, prior to the spells he was only doing 500-800.

My question was about B boss, Leshonn, not A-Ghatjot
By Vaerix 2022-09-21 13:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Vaerix said: »
There was no defense down debuff though. It was definitely rage. I know this because we wiped and then attempted to recover and Leshonn still hit is for the same high amounts of damage, even when there were certainly no debuffs present to transfer.

There's some other mechanic that causes him to enrage, I think it involves using an elemental ability or skill chain that Leshonn might be strong to. Idk what it is, but there's some other condition that might cause him to go crazy.

Just for completion sake, I cast Dia2 3x on A boss and his power increased rapidly, the only spells used and they were in short succession because I was trying to do something else in my recent commands. 0 damage spell, 3 spell casts(0 absorbed damage), Boss damage went up to 1.5k+ to all party members in range, prior to the spells he was only doing 500-800.

My question was about B boss, Leshonn, not A-Ghatjot

And I was responding to you because of "there's some other mechanic that causes him to enrage", A boss enraged just from multiple casts, could that be a factor in this thread?
By Koliz 2022-09-21 21:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ghatjot blew me up again! I dropped Koru for King and he went nuts at ~3% again... From the log it looks like Deal Out triggered it, but i'm not to sure about that. Going to drop Monberaux next attempt and probably reorganize how i do my run.... crazy i killed Ghatjot like 20 times before i had any issues.

C1 casket: either 3 consecutive or ~15sec kills make sense. C is by far the least solo-friendly one. Next time I manage to get it i will pay close attention to what caused it. Thanks for the input!
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-09-21 21:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

How long did it take you to kill? The B through D bosses all have time-based enrages in addition to healing-based enrages (B gradually ramps up DT and then damage, while C and D throw insta-kills at 3 minutes). Maybe Ghatjot enrages if you're too slow.
By Koliz 2022-09-22 15:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm almost positive both times it's happened to me Impetus had at least a minute left. It is odd both times it happened right before it died, though. I'll time my runs from now on and see if i can pin it down. Just crazy i killed it so many times with no issues whatsoever
 Phoenix.Teorem
Server: Phoenix
user: Soybean
By Phoenix.Teorem 2022-09-22 16:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Koliz said: »
I'm almost positive both times it's happened to me Impetus had at least a minute left. It is odd both times it happened right before it died, though. I'll time my runs from now on and see if i can pin it down. Just crazy i killed it so many times with no issues whatsoever
I regularly use Yoran-Oran, Koru-Moru, and Monberaux on Ghatjot and nothing they use--including Monberaux's Mix: Dark Potion--has ever caused Ghatjot's damage to increase. Dia II/III has never caused Ghatjot's damage to noticeably increase either, regardless of who casts it and whether lands for 0, 1, or 6-7 damage. I have only ever seen Ghatjot's damage spike as a result of water spell/WS/skillchain damage, or trusts with special auto-attacks (Arciela, August, etc.).

It usually takes me 6-8 minutes to kill Ghatjot, and even when it was taking 15+ minutes weeks ago, I have yet to see the kind of enrage-ish moves that Skomora and Degei have. However, Ghatjot's evasion did seem to increase after a few minutes, though I don't have the log analysis to corroborate that.

I imagine most don't bother killing Ghatjot without the #A metal, so comparisons may not line up with your experience as expected.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-09-26 18:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a link to that sortie addon that helps track objectives? Google is failing me and I can't find any reference to it anywhere.
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Server: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2022-09-26 18:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

This one? idk if there was ever a link to github or anything to download it. From how it reads it's still being worked on and maybe doesn't have a release? Idk
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2022-09-27 08:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a graphical bug when using a port that shifts your location in a zone, does it in odyssey sometimes too.
 Bismarck.Batton
Server: Bismarck
user: BattonBiz
By Bismarck.Batton 2022-09-27 12:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

https://github.com/sockedfoot/SortieHUD
By Sockfoot 2022-09-27 15:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

For the record, this is an older version and not current. I will update what I can tonight and post it, but I hadn't posted the link (here) because it wasn't ready. Nevertheless, groundwork is there-ish.
[+]
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2022-09-29 01:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe there is a secondary requirement for the Sortie Casket B1 Chest Object - and that requirement is something like:
Defeat 3 Biune foes within 30 seconds of pulling/aggroing them. And do so within 5? minutes of entering/re-materializing the B zone.

99% of the time never have a problem getting the B1 Casket. Today we went in with a different set of jobs. I went in on melee blu, and tried to solo the Umbrils in under 30 seconds which I did not achieve. In the process we kept agroing more umbrils until just about all of them piled up - we slept and killed them, but this took some time, more than 5 minutes for sure.

We switch to fire elementals doing a 2 person skillchain blu > cor, they died in well under 30 seconds. But after killing all of them, no B1 Chest.

We had a theory that we wasted so much time on the umbrils that we were out of the window for completing the objective.

We re-materialized the mobs, and after the first 3 elementals of doing the exact same BLU > COR SC, we got the B1 Casket.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-09-29 01:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The "do it within X minutes" objective has been mentioned multiple times.
I think it's gotta be something like that because I tried at least three times to get that casket and each and every one of those times I perfectly managed to kill within 30 seconds, but never got the Casket.

All of those 3 times I did the objective AFTER doing the Chest B1 (the "open doors in order" one) and after messing around with various stuff, which means I wasted a lot of time after entering zone B.
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2022-09-29 10:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm curious. With the version update announced and on the way, has there been any feedback from the JP community regarding the rarity of higher quality earrings within sortie. S-E doesn't seem to have any plans to implement a trade in system in the works either. The earring system is so bad right now.
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2022-09-29 10:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think we can complain too much until we know what the new zone gives, if the "boss" drops a guaranteed +1 then it will be okay, if it continues to be an awful drop rate I would say we can start to be a bit miffed at the shitty situation of drop rates. For now though I'd honestly say just don't bother doing Sortie for a +1 earring chance just for the other bits of content you need from it (muffins/+2) and a bonus +1 chest is nice. Pretty sure I am on 89 old cases and only seen 1 +1 case in all the time I've farmed so just gone chill mode on it.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Melliny
By Asura.Melliny 2022-09-29 11:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Only blue and red chests can drop a +1 case. Brown chests don't count. So your math is off. My group full clears the zones nightly and I've gotten 5 +1 earrings over the past two months, but only 2 of them came from +1 chests. The other 3 were lucky upgrades from NQ boxes. To put things in perspective, we have one single +2 earring between the whole lot of us, and two of my +1's are duplicates of the same job, while only one of them is for a job I play.

They need to improve upon the earring system in the future. Whether through the new section upcoming in October or a system overhaul. We'll have to wait and see what they do. But as it stands, the current system isn't good enough.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Melliny
By Asura.Melliny 2022-09-29 11:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't including the bosses in that statement. It's a given they can drop them. I was only talking about the outside objectives. You're right about the aurum though. That can drop an earring as well.

Quote:
1 GOLD, 8 BLUE, 4 RED (mini NM), 4 BOSSES.

You're right. I just never did the math. I didn't realize there were that many chances to get an earring. For some reason I thought it was fewer. Still doesn't change my stance though. the current earring situation still isn't good enough. They need to improve upon it in the future.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
By Asura.Melliny 2022-09-29 11:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Your math is right. I just hadn't taken the time to add it up in the past. I apologize for the oversight.

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2022-09-29 11:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »
Asura.Melliny said: »
I wasn't including the bosses in that statement. It's a given they can drop them. I was only talking about the outside objectives. You're right about the aurum though. That can drop an earring as well.

Quote:
1 GOLD, 8 BLUE, 4 RED (mini NM), 4 BOSSES.

You're right. I just never did the math. I didn't realize there were that many chances to get an earring. For some reason I thought it was fewer. Still doesn't change my stance though. the current earring situation still isn't good enough. They need to improve upon it in the future.

Yeah so a group hitting everything SHOULD see a drop every 5-6 runs, so one +1 case a week. That alone would be bearable if you then didn't have 2 deeper layers of RNG on top.

Yeah it would be ok for +2 case, but not +1.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-29 11:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

There's not going to be a trade-in system; by now, most of us have dozens, if not, over a hundred earrings sitting on mules taking up inv space, waiting for that day. It would be way too easy for everyone to instantly upgrade to +1s overnight if they ever implemented it (I keep my NQs on mule until I get one with higher acc/macc, though).

It would be reasonable and fair if the megaboss/Pluoton on the new floor dropped one guaranteed +1 Case, or some other condition like clearing all 5 bosses + all blue/red/gold grants an additional +1 Case. All of the effort going into clearing objectives just to see a couple sapphires after an hour is a real slap in the face.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Melliny
By Asura.Melliny 2022-09-29 11:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

We don't know the actual chances of getting a +1 case either. The numbers on the wiki are assumed. My group has averaged closer to a single +1 old case every two to three weeks, and we're hitting all the chances nightly. Small sample sizes affect variance too of course, which just further adds to the RNG.

Quote:
All of the effort going into clearing objectives just to see a couple sapphires after an hour is a real slap in the face.

This is why I asked if there was any known feedback from the JP community. S-E is more likely to make system changes when they start getting vocal about their concerns. The devs only really heed NA feedback when it's about some form of illegal activity like item duping or system abuse. Anything we have to say that's content related gets minimal attention.

Quote:
It would be reasonable and fair if the megaboss/Pluoton on the new floor dropped one guaranteed +1 Case, or some other condition like clearing all 5 bosses + all blue/red/gold grants an additional +1 Case.

This is my hope as well. We'll have to wait and see what they do come version update.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-29 12:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Knowing SE, they are keeping up with the Shinryu model, because they don't know any other way to keep people engaged besides random lotteries and terrible drop rates.
[+]
By Sockfoot 2022-09-29 12:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Melliny said: »
Only blue and red chests can drop a +1 case. Brown chests don't count. So your math is off. My group full clears the zones nightly and I've gotten 5 +1 earrings over the past two months, but only 2 of them came from +1 chests. The other 3 were lucky upgrades from NQ boxes. To put things in perspective, we have one single +2 earring between the whole lot of us, and two of my +1's are duplicates of the same job, while only one of them is for a job I play.

They need to improve upon the earring system in the future. Whether through the new section upcoming in October or a system overhaul. We'll have to wait and see what they do. But as it stands, the current system isn't good enough.
FWIW, there is a 5% chance to upgrade from NQ box to a +1 earring. This is a large sample size that I've collected and has stayed very consistent all the way up. I don't have anywhere close to enough +1 boxes/+2 earrings recorded to say if it is the same there.
First Page 2 3 ... 64 65 66 ... 147 148 149