Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 152 153 154 155 156
 Fenrir.Positron
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2024-05-07 17:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I got most of my +2s, and all of the ones that were anything other than minimum augment, before the stage 4 weapon debacle. Since we started doing hard mode Aminon at all (even before we started doing it every day), I've only gotten 3 +2 earrings.

Edit: My records don't go all the way back to the beginning of Sortie, but since November 2022 I have opened 268 Old Cases +1 and received 5 +2 earrings. Since receiving my first Mesosiderite on September 23, 2023, I have opened 193 Old Cases +1 and received 3 +2 earrings.
[+]
 Odin.Twigg
Server: Odin
user: twig
By Odin.Twigg 2024-05-07 19:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Apologies if already covered, is there a best 2x Barspell setup for each boss A through H as a WHM?

Also, which boss is it best to save Asylum for or bosses/phases Sacrosactity must be ready for?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-07 19:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

A/E: Water. Anecdotally I think Barpoison also helps but have no evidence.

B/F: Wind or Thunder depending on element, nothing else really matters but could do Barsilence too if you want. The stun can't be resisted so for thunder hands it's entirely to reduce damage taken. There'd also be some consideration for Fire/Amnesia for Thunder hands since Zap can cause amnesia.

C/G: Fire/Amnesia to resist Amnesia from the pylons

D/H: Fire/Paralyze to prevent the fire fetter from wiping the party before you get the Erase out for Burn if the kill is on the slow side. Paralyze is his most aggravating barspell-able ailment

Asylum for Aita and wind hands Gartell. Sacrosanctity really doesn't matter but you can use it to nullify the first TP move on Degei/Aita and reduce a single fetter explosion on Gartell if people are slow. It might also prevent the very first AA that it blocks from Stunning on thunder hand but I don't know if it does or not 100% so ymmv. I'm pretty sure his ailments on AAs aren't related to the hit dealing damage.
[+]
Server: Asura
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-05-07 22:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
A/E: Water. Anecdotally I think Barpoison also helps but have no evidence.

B/F: Wind or Thunder depending on element, nothing else really matters but could do Barsilence too if you want. The stun can't be resisted so for thunder hands it's entirely to reduce damage taken. There'd also be some consideration for Fire/Amnesia for Thunder hands since Zap can cause amnesia.

D/H: Fire/Paralyze to prevent the fire fetter from wiping the party before you get the Erase out for Burn if the kill is on the slow side. Paralyze is his most aggravating barspell-able ailment

Asylum for Aita and wind hands Gartell. Sacrosanctity really doesn't matter but you can use it to nullify the first TP move on Degei/Aita and reduce a single fetter explosion on Gartell if people are slow. It might also prevent the very first AA that it blocks from Stunning on thunder hand but I don't know if it does or not 100% so ymmv. I'm pretty sure his ailments on AAs aren't related to the hit dealing damage.

I always cast barwater/barpoison on E and it never prevents the poison, but that's just my experience.

On B/F, for the mage strat, if it's thunder hands, you can keep shell on if you're diligent about dropping it if/when he swaps to wind hands to help with dmg/stuns (presumably). I'd love to hear different, but even with barthunder, 3 earth runes, plug, valation, and even sforzo, I still get stunned, even with +stun resist gear. I just don't think it's resistable.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-07 22:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »
I always cast barwater/barpoison on E and it never prevents the poison, but that's just my experience.

So again I have no evidence, but...

While it doesn't prevent poison (or prevent it from every attack, potentially) I have a suspicion that you can resist poison from some of his attacks. My reason for thinking this: when I go RUN, I always keep up barwater+barpoison and switch to Sulpor after putting up Rayke/Gambit. The other RUN in my group doesn't usually do all of that. My Poison is consistently several times weaker than his and idk how else to explain that.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2024-05-08 10:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

As an added note regarding A/E, if we have the metal I'd actually avoid Barwatera/Barpoisonra. Instead I wait for all six to be poisoned, then use Divine Caress + Poisona (with Divine Seal for AOE if you don't have Yagrush) to remove the poison effect and block the next poison they'd receive up to 7 times with the right gear. That's Ebers hands and Mending cape, which need to be equipped for the Poisona, not for Divine Caress. They usually won't be poisoned for the rest of the fight. (Credit to Alfylicious who came up with this idea.)

I avoid Barspells for this because if one person resists the first few moves, you're stuck either waiting for them to finally get poison, or just hit everyone else and keep an eye on the person who didn't get the Divine Caress.

Obviously if you don't have the metal, then barspell can't hurt. And yes the poison can be resisted. It's not uncommon for 1-2 people to resist it from a given move.

My preference is to use Barthundra/Baramnesra for this boss, actually. I did not find amnesia to be very resistable, compared to the stun which barthunder seems to reduce the duration on fairly consistently.
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-05-08 10:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I use to try to put up Sulpor after rayke/gambit but it usually dies so fast I stopped bothering. Between SCH regen and my idle set the poison isn't terrible to deal with.

Based on your experience though, sounds like it at least is getting you partial resists.
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-05-08 10:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Instead I wait for all six to be poisoned, then use Divine Caress + Poisona (with Divine Seal for AOE if you don't have Yagrush) to remove the poison effect and block the next poison they'd receive up to 7 times with the right gear. That's Ebers hands and Mending cape, which need to be equipped for the Poisona, not for Divine Caress. They usually won't be poisoned for the rest of the fight. (Credit to Alfylicious who came up with this idea.)

Cool idea, but I don't remember the last time we brought a WHM to Sortie. as RUN/WHM, I'll either DS/Poisona here or DS/Cursna on the G boss (one of our SCH likes to cblock me here here and burn a strat on accession instead of letting me use DS once per night, the ***).

And yes the poison can be resisted.

On which move? All 4? If you've got a chat log resist message for any/all of them, I'd love to see them for peace of mind.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2024-05-08 12:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

On which move? All 4? If you've got a chat log resist message for any/all of them, I'd love to see them for peace of mind.
That I don't know, I just know that I almost always have to wait until the second or third poison move to do the Divine Caress trick because it rarely hits all 6 people on the first go.

There won't be a chat log resist message because the poison always comes from a move that also deals damage. You only get resist messages if the move has no damage associated.

I'm fairly certain it's not a directional/conal thing either, we'll have people spread out to all sides of him and I haven't seen a pattern as to who resists it and where they're standing.

I admit my memory is a little fuzzy on this because we also stopped bringing a WHM when we started working Aminon into our rotation.
[+]
 Fenrir.Velner
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2024-05-08 13:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

That I don't know, I just know that I almost always have to wait until the second or third poison move to do the Divine Caress trick because it rarely hits all 6 people on the first go.

I'm not sure about this. . . I go PLD/SCH on our runs. It's my job to take that off and I don't think I've ever seen anybody resist the AoE Poison move. It goes off and I see the little icon on everybody. I'll pay closer attention but I don't think that has ever happened.
[+]
By buttplug 2024-05-08 14:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Your text to link here...
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-08 14:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

buttplug said: »

FTFY. Image links need to end in an image format, like .jpg or whatever, to show up in the thread.
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-05-08 14:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You only get resist messages if the move has no damage associated.

I never thought about this, but now that I think about it, you're totally right!

Regarding the RUN/WHM vs RUN/SCH, I tried RUN/SCH initially and it just felt super clunky and too many extra buttons to push for a job that already has a pretty busy macro palette. I found /whm to be much easier to work with without having to weave strategem abilities between casts.

I've messed around with DRK/SCH some, that's a strangely fun combo.
[+]
By Godfry 2024-05-08 15:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Velner said: »
I go PLD/SCH on our runs. It's my job to take that off and I don't think I've ever seen anybody resist the AoE Poison move.

I got PLD/RUN... If they don't use remedies, ill be sure to give them my glorious raise 1 just to watch them cry about how much exp they lost on their ML50 jobs.

[+]
 Fenrir.Velner
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2024-05-08 15:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Godfry said: »
Fenrir.Velner said: »
I go PLD/SCH on our runs. It's my job to take that off and I don't think I've ever seen anybody resist the AoE Poison move.

I got PLD/RUN... If they don't use remedies, ill be sure to give them my glorious raise 1 just to watch them cry about how much exp they lost on their ML50 jobs.

Hell yea
[+]
 Phoenix.Gavroches
Server: Phoenix
user: gavroches
By Phoenix.Gavroches 2024-05-08 17:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I concur that the poison does not land every time, which move?!? No idea, never paid attention but I do have to wait as 1-4 player don’t get it fairly consistently. Also more noticeable in A (where he can die before I have a chance to apply a 5player/poison/DC) than E.

Good idea about the barfire, will try that.

And it’s my job as the healer to try to take care of those, express my limitations and when people should depend on their own medecine. If they die, we might joke during and afterwards but I’m not looking at someone going down as some form of achievement.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2024-05-08 19:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Kill the master(level 50)s

[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-08 19:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

My preference is to use Barthundra/Baramnesra for this boss, actually. I did not find amnesia to be very resistable, compared to the stun which barthunder seems to reduce the duration on fairly consistently.

Your DDs may not have enough meva on to go w/ the barspells. Unlike the Poison I am 100% sure that barfire/baramnesia practically nullify Amnesia from those pylons; whether I'm on SAM DNC BLU or WAR the difference between having the correct barspells and not on that boss has always been stark and I much prefer avoiding the near-constant amnesia than the relatively rare stun (only occurs on his one autoattack where he shoots out his fingers, at worst it's conal but typically we don't have people stacked up to find out).
By Mrxi 2024-05-08 22:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

So again I have no evidence, but...

While it doesn't prevent poison (or prevent it from every attack, potentially) I have a suspicion that you can resist poison from some of his attacks. My reason for thinking this: when I go RUN, I always keep up barwater+barpoison and switch to Sulpor after putting up Rayke/Gambit. The other RUN in my group doesn't usually do all of that. My Poison is consistently several times weaker than his and idk how else to explain that.
I only ever seen the poison resist when kiting running in or out to use rayke or dimi, like how the dispel can resist on Aminon by running in some way (Probably a bug). Using Ignis and no bar spells.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-05-09 06:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gavroches said: »
If they die, we might joke during and afterwards but I’m not looking at someone going down as some form of achievement.

ML50 but doesn't carry meds...
[+]
 Valefor.Kriz
user: Kriz
By Valefor.Kriz 2024-05-09 08:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Elshimo pachira fruit everyone and then Divine Caress Poisona before running in should avoid the need to wait to get poisoned first.

I just tested buying a fruit, poisoning myself, and removing it via Divine Caress and I got the 3 minute blocking buff.

The buff even blocks re-applying poison by eating another fruit.

I wonder if this trick would have any value for other status effects...
[+]
By Afrohatch 2024-05-09 09:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly if poison is a problem for people just kill the Botulus lol
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-09 09:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

All of the above discussion only applies to groups who have killed Botulus, since Taint can't be removed or (AFAIK) blocked by divine caress.
 Bahamut.Zedoma
Server: Bahamut
user: zedoma
By Bahamut.Zedoma 2024-05-09 10:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Kriz said: »
I wonder if this trick would have any value for other status effects...

Not Sortie related but I use this trick on Xevioso. The paralyze is the most deadly thing about Stinger Volley when I sacrifice on whm so I have the group paralyze potion before pull.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2024-05-09 10:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
All of the above discussion only applies to groups who have killed Botulus, since Taint can't be removed or (AFAIK) blocked by divine caress.
Huh that's actually an interesting thought. It definitely can't be removed without the metal but I wouldn't assume that it can't be blocked by an existing divine caress if you use the pachira fruit / poison potion trick before going in. That might be worth testing. I'm guessing you're right there too but you never know.
[+]
By Taint 2024-05-09 10:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

We just started farming Aminion and are working towards 9/9 using the kite strat. Its makes them trivial.

E = no poison stacks
F = no stun or absorbs
H = 1 opening TP move, none after or fetters (most of the time)

If you aren't doing Aminion you can use normal SJs and plow through 8/8.

Tank
RDM - Grav2 is a must
GEO - Grav stacking makes it easier
BRD
COR
Any DD /DRG or DRG, jumps for hate.

DNC or someone /DNC for steps.
PLD or someone/SCH,/WHM to help cure.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2024-05-09 20:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

what's the best weapon to judgment spam on geo?
been using idris but if we get faster at these NM kills i don't think i actually will need the dt-25%. ergon/aeonic/su5/prime/other?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-05-09 22:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cait hammer
[+]
By Dodik 2024-05-10 05:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Judgment with Maxentius and judgment with Idris hit about the same. Black halo with Maxentius will hit harder if can avoid walling with rdm.
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2024-05-10 06:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn’t the GEO want to be locked into idris regardless?
First Page 2 3 ... 152 153 154 155 156