users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Sortie Release - Info
Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 147 148 149 150 151
By Ninjaxtasy 2024-04-09 14:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Ninjaxtasy said: »
what 4 step WS do you use as SAM against Dhartok?

SimonSes said: »
Shichishito said: »
Are there any other jobs that can obliterate Dhartok like this?

SAM should be able to do similar, if not better. Kasha and Shoha have big attack bonuses, so they should do pretty competitive damage and Fudo is just strong even without attack bonus.

MNK could probably pull this off too. Just not sure how reliable you could 4 step without Sam roll.

Fudo > Kasha > Shoha > Fudo. He goes down decently fast as a solo DD using this 4 step.

Thanks will try this out
[+]
 Lakshmi.Haaydee
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Haaydee 2024-04-11 20:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a trigger for Aminon to get tp instantly or use a tp move? We had a fight or two where it seemed it got tp move off even though Threnody/Frazzle was on and Abs-Tp were firing.

If more details are needed,
Setup was PLD/SCH, RDM/DRK, BRD/DRK, COR/DRK, GEO/DRK, DNC/DRG
It's possible that characters did not have SB in WS, but one of the times we wiped, the only WS was DNC>DNC (which did result in 9k+ SC dmg so maybe a 10k dmg threshold was what I was thinking).
Abs-Tp is done on recast. Sometimes there is overlap but we make sure never to do more than 3 WS per Abs.
We also keep Elegy/Para/Slow on as much as possible.
Our fights do tend to go longer than what others clock. Our best fight was ~11min on NQ but moest were 15+ because of multiboxing and all the moving pieces. Our DNC doesn't have Ruthless which seems to be the main issue for dmg. We are currently working on this.
We have beaten NQ/HQ Aminon previously but then had a couple fights go south with no obvious errors so trying to get some input on what we could be adjusting.

Thanks for any help.

Edited to fix Distract being listed as Frazzle
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-04-11 21:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

We've done a lot of Aminon and can usually pinpoint the problem if there is one. I'd watch for your PLD taking (or absorbing) damage and check the amount of TP you're absorbing. Once we get above 300 or 350 TP absorbed, we hold WS until it gets lower.
 Lakshmi.Haaydee
By Lakshmi.Haaydee 2024-04-11 23:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for your reply.

The PLD does not wear any absorb gear. While Impact is on, the PLD takes around 0-40 dmg (based on SS being on). Without Impact the damage goes up to 60-80 ish per hit. If the PLD swaps to Regain Sphere body, the dmg goes up slightly more. When the PLD swaps to Staff to do Shell Crusher at the 9 min mark, the damage taken goes up to like 200/hit.

We didn't think the aoe dmg was an issue. Our other pty members are also all taking damage from being inside of ws range but all the videos we watched seemed to indicate this is normal. Is this possibly the problem? SS wears off in 1-2 hits for them so its not practical to keep reapplying it.

Thank you again for your help
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-04-12 00:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Aoe autos do not give extra tp for the extra targets hit
By Dodik 2024-04-12 06:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Haaydee said: »
While Impact is on, the PLD takes around 0-40 dmg (based on SS being on). Without Impact the damage goes up to 60-80 ish per hit. If the PLD swaps to Regain Sphere body, the dmg goes up slightly more. When the PLD swaps to Staff to do Shell Crusher at the 9 min mark, the damage taken goes up to like 200/hit.

He's getting too much TP from hitting Pld. Pld should have stoneskin up constantly, and it should last several minutes between casts.

Pld should have Aegis on 100% of the time and max MDB gear to reduce dmg/hit as much as possible, and make stoneskin last longer.

Aminon gains a lot of TP per hit, if he starts hitting for non-0 dmg to the Pld for extended periods he will do a TP move regardless how much absorb-tp you do. AoE hits to non-Pld do not give TP.

Pld can skip WS too and just sit there in max MDB gear (use MDB sword) for longer.

Don't need subtle blow in WS gear, just remove TP gain via hits to pld instead.

Like Male said, you can see how much TP he has by the absorbed amount. At 300+ TP per absorb he is very close to a TP move and need to back off.
[+]
Server: Asura
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-12 15:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
and it should last several minutes between casts.

Minutes?! Maybe that's the power of Aegis, but even with Emboldened Phalanx and Vallation in my MDT set, stoneskin maybe eats 12-13 hits on RUN.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2024-04-12 16:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Haaydee said: »
When the PLD swaps to Staff to do Shell Crusher at the 9 min mark, the damage taken goes up to like 200/hit.

I agree with the above... do not do this. SS will break immediately without Aegis. That's almost certainly why you are failing. If you have a DNC applying a 23% Def Down on it and a Light Shotted Dia III, that should be more than enough.

Have the GEO do it, if you are hell bent on Shell Crushing. If it even sticks, the Magic Evasion on Aminon is high.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-04-12 16:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

BRD and GEO can both do Shell Crusher. One WS from each of those guys every 9 minutes won't kill you.
By Dodik 2024-04-12 16:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Several minutes.

With Aegis and a high MDB set, plus phalanx, Aminon hits for low double digits on our Pld. With slow2, paralyze2 and elegy, he hits very slow. Sometimes several seconds between hits with paralyze.

It would be odd if it didn't last so long.
[+]
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2024-04-12 16:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Several minutes.

With Aegis and a high MDB set, plus phalanx, Aminon hits for low double digits on our Pld. With slow2, paralyze2 and elegy, he hits very slow. Sometimes several seconds between hits with paralyze.

It would be odd if it didn't last so long.
How do you coordinate the Elegy application? You have to immunobreak it right?
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-12 16:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Several minutes.

Can you tell me where I'm going wrong then?

ItemSet 395377
Cape augs: INT +30, meva +35, eva +20, +10 enmity

Or is PLD a better MDT tank than RUN now too?
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2024-04-12 16:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

RUN gets 87.5% MDT with Vallation, Merits and the correct Runes up.

Do you use the Adamantite Body and Malignance Sword? MDB helps alot.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-04-12 16:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »
Several minutes.

ItemSet 395377

I don't play RUN on this fight and neither does anyone in my party, but having 5 piece empy and Warder's charm gives you a high chance to absorb which will give Aminon TP, so I would avoid those as much as possible.

I don't have a set for this fight so I will refrain from making specific suggestions and will let someone else chime in on that, just wanted to add this bit.
[+]
By Godfry 2024-04-12 16:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Several minutes.

ItemSet 395377

Nothing wrong with your set. I personally use Futhark Neck +2 on aminon.

Not sure why, on PLD, my stoneskin lasts until it falls off. On RUN he just tears it out pretty quickly.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-04-12 16:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately, Run can't match the MDT Pld has with Aegis (I play Run).

With One for All and stoneskin it does last quite long, but not as long term as Pld when One for All drops.

Aminon's magic dmg is non-elemental so runes do not help at all, nor does any specific element meva.
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-12 16:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello said: »
RUN gets 87.5% MDT with Vallation, Merits and the correct Runes up.

Do you use the Adamantite Body and Malignance Sword? MDB helps alot.

Nah, and should probably mention this is for Aminon normal, so I'm using Reikiko for the regain. Also, don't have that body, haven't done Peaches in quite a awhile.

Aminon's magic dmg is non-elemental so runes do not help at all, nor does any specific element meva.

Super helpful to know, I can drop the Engraved belt for something useful then. His auto's are still magic damage though right? The warder's charm still has the chance to absorb the damage taken? I get a lot of absorbs in over the course of the fight, without any math in front of me, it just doesn't feel like it could be the 5% empy set procing that much.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2024-04-12 17:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

EDIT: Well, that's what I get for sitting on a post for so long. SOmeone else says it first. Whatever, I'll leave it.

2 out of 3 of Aminon's melee attacks are non-elemental magic damage. The other is dark. So Valiance/Vallation can only apply to 1 of the three types of melee hit.

And I'm not sure if a full 1/8th resist is even attainable on non-elemental dmg. Ele resist isn't applicable, so how does the 1/8th unlock? Or does it even?

Aegis PLD has a definitive advantage here, specifically. Aegis doesn't care what element something is, or isn't.

On PLD, SS wears off from duration, not damage. One time I forgot stoneskin for an extended period, and the logs showed many 0 dmg hits without SS up. Other dmg values included 4, 8, and 11 dmg. but 0 was more common.

On RUN, I recast pretty frequently. And I use an MDB/INT focused set for tanking Aminon. Don't have any data immediately on hand for how much dmg RUN was taking. I only RUN on mage setup, and don't tend to pay the dmg much mind. I just try to keep SS up.
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-12 17:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the input, bois.

Now that you mention it Martel, I forgot the absorb was tied to the elemental portion of the warder's charm, so I guess it's mostly useless for this particular fight. 1/8 chance of a 1/3 chance just doesn't seem as useful as almost anything else that could go in that slot.

I recast SS pretty much between every skillchain just so I don't get caught out. I'll typically use OFA before the Kastra skillchain so I can get Rayke and Gambit out without scrambling to recast SS before I have to Seraph Blade.

I always thought RUN would have the advantage over PLD in all things magic, but here we are. Burtgang was going to be my next mythic after Ryunohige anyway >.>;
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2024-04-12 17:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
2 out of 3 of Aminon's melee attacks are non-elemental magic damage. The other is dark.

How do you know this? I'd like to know where data like this is found.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2024-04-12 17:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that you mention it Martel, I forgot the absorb was tied to the elemental portion of the warder's charm, so I guess it's mostly useless for this particular fight. 1/8 chance of a 1/3 chance just doesn't seem as useful as almost anything else that could go in that slot.
Hmm? Warder's charm just absorbs magic damage occasionally. No where does it state that it has to be elemental magic damage. I don't see why you would assume it can't absorb a non-elemental magic attack. it's still magic damage. Although, personally, I've not verified that one way or the other. Not a lot of frequent non-elemental attacks to test on, generally.

That said, in a TP suppression situation like this, I'd be avoiding warder's/absorb anyway. When you absorb a hit, if that hit actually recovers HP(value is more than 0), then the mob gets awarded TP for the hit, just like if they had dealt dmg. For Aminon, this is bad, especially since this check bypasses your stoneskin. And he can get extra TP without having to break through SS first.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2024-04-12 17:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello said: »
2 out of 3 of Aminon's melee attacks are non-elemental magic damage. The other is dark.

How do you know this? I'd like to know where data like this is found.
JPwiki. Lines up pretty well with observations as well. Lots of weirdness with lux Liement sometimes absorbing his melee, and sometimes not. And how much dmg RUN takes from his hits... sometimes.
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-12 18:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Warder's charm just absorbs magic damage occasionally. No where does it state that it has to be elemental magic damage.

Just to be clear, when taking magic dmg with Warder's, first you roll to see if you absorb, if it fails, then you roll for 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 resist?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2024-04-12 18:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct.

Absorb procs are never resisted. So when you proc an absorb the resist check just doesn't happen. It's part of why when a mob absorbs something it's always Huuuge. It also uses the pre DT/Phalanx/SS damage value.

Also, you'll only be checking for that 1/8 resist if you have the correct elemental resistance vs the attack. Which in the case of a non-elemental attack... you can't. So most likely you'd be limited to a 1/4 resist at best.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-04-12 18:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Philemon said: »

It's not coordinated, and the brd doesn't wait for immunobreaks. They go on at different times.

I'm not the brd but it doesn't seem too hard to land, takes 1-3 attempts generally with frazzle3 on.

Typically frazzle3, dark threnody 2, then brd sings while rdm puts up slow and para. Then brd does elegy after songs without nitro. While on nitro can reapply.
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-12 18:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

https://makeagif.com/i/6xwwLc

You're awesome, thanks man.
 Fenrir.Positron
Server: Fenrir
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2024-04-12 18:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Philemon said: »

It's not coordinated, and the brd doesn't wait for immunobreaks. They go on at different times.

I'm not the brd but it doesn't seem too hard to land, takes 1-3 attempts generally with frazzle3 on.

Typically frazzle3, dark threnody 2, then brd sings while rdm puts up slow and para. Then brd does elegy after songs without nitro. While on nitro can reapply.

You don't have to but it helps. Letting the BRD Elegy off the first Slow Immunobreak is in my experience a much faster and more reliable way to get Elegy to stick.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-04-12 19:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-12 19:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »

THE SHAAAAME.. I don't know how to post GIFs lol, there, I said it!
 Lakshmi.Haaydee
By Lakshmi.Haaydee 2024-04-12 20:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you again everyone for your input. Based on your suggestions it seems like the mid fight swap to reapply Shell Crusher is probably the culprit.

Just as a follow-up/side question, Do you still prioritize MDB gear for midcast on cures/SS casting. Or just use standard cure/enhance sets for those?

We will make the suggested changes once our DNC gets Ruthless next week and then hopefully with your suggestions, we can have smoother and more reliable runs.
First Page 2 3 ... 147 148 149 150 151