Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2023-06-03 13:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cthaeh said: »
kuroki said: »
we did botulus last night and the cor pulled hate off the tank and we still got chest, whatever the condition is we're on the wrong track to finding out.

I agree that we are probably on the wrong track for figuring it out, but here is our exact experience:

RUN, RNG, COR, RDM, GEO, BLM

RUN pulls Botulus and gets hate for about 15 seconds. All members stand behind. we do Last Stand > Trueflight, all mages burst with Fire spells. Repeat once more.

If at any time the Botulus turns around midfight, we never get the chest. If the RUN holds hate, we always get the chest.

We've repeated this method more than 30 times by now with consistent results. We don't know what is flagging the chest, but following this works.

edit:
Also, we apply Distract/Frazzle Dia and thats it, maybe a few random enfeebles other than that but they dont seem to affect the results

We have a SAM hold hate and 2 cors leaden saluting it down only time we didnt get the chest was when one of the characters didnt do anything on the Botulus. We even had the SAM get charmed murder half the party and still get the chest.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Celerin
Server: Bismarck
user: Celerin
By Bismarck.Celerin 2023-06-03 14:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Here recently when I go cor for the botulus I've hit with the distrotion to leaden and it looks at me, then I just pump it full of leadens. Tank gets it back after a bit and when it goes down, we always get a chest.

The running theory with our group is you need to do 50% or more WS dmg (not SC dmg) to it to make the box drop.
[+]
 Asura.Cthaeh
Server: Asura
By Asura.Cthaeh 2023-06-03 14:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Celerin said: »
Here recently when I go cor for the botulus I've hit with the distrotion to leaden and it looks at me, then I just pump it full of leadens. Tank gets it back after a bit and when it goes down, we always get a chest.

The running theory with our group is you need to do 50% or more WS dmg (not SC dmg) to it to make the box drop.

Doubt this is it as we generally have 3 people magic bursting. Last Stand does crap on him and TF can only do 99,999. It's not that. Our method we do *maybe* ~230,000 in WS damage and he easily has more than 500k HP.
 Asura.Cthaeh
By Asura.Cthaeh 2023-06-03 14:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

As for the Ixion, has anyone tried pumping straight Crit rate into a WS set and trying Crit WS from the front?

I know Crits (melee) has been tried, but I haven't seen any mention of Crit WSs as that is how another of the Ixion NMs works.
By Pantafernando 2023-06-03 21:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sup

The coffer B1 seems incomplete on BG.

It says that we need to kill 3 burne foes in less than 30 secs.

Butt i killed like way more than that with 2 BPs skillchain followed by burst when necessary (so way less than 30 secs).

I actually didnt have problem with this one before, but today it didnt work.

What i did different was first trying elemental then doing the kills with umbril.
By Taint 2023-06-03 22:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Its 30 seconds from aggro.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Dodik 2023-06-04 06:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »

Is the sortie queue shitting itself for anyone else?

Always has been.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-06-05 07:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Sup

The coffer B1 seems incomplete on BG.

It says that we need to kill 3 burne foes in less than 30 secs.

Butt i killed like way more than that with 2 BPs skillchain followed by burst when necessary (so way less than 30 secs).

I actually didnt have problem with this one before, but today it didnt work.

What i did different was first trying elemental then doing the kills with umbril.

Well, i tried again this objective yesterday, and didnt get the chest reward after 3 kills (in less tham 30s).

Then i purposelly aggroed an umbril before killing, then after the kill the. coffer popped. At the 4th kill
By Foxfire 2023-06-05 09:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

What mobs did you kill
By Meeble 2023-06-05 13:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless something bizarre changed in the last patch, it sounds like one of your kills didn't register for whatever reason. It happens.

We used to do 5x fire elemental kills for B shard every run and reliably got Casket B1 every time, just sometimes not until the 4th or 5th kill. No Umbrils required.
[+]
 Odin.Valisk
user: Valisk
By Odin.Valisk 2023-06-06 14:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I’m seeing talk of farming runs resulting in 8/8 bosses and 65k muffins per run. Does anybody have a video documenting this type of success or at the very least a rough outline on how this is being achieved? I’m all ears for any advice on how to shave off time or be more efficient for muffin centric farming with a group of 6.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-06-06 15:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Valisk said: »
I’m seeing talk of farming runs resulting in 8/8 bosses and 65k muffins per run. Does anybody have a video documenting this type of success or at the very least a rough outline on how this is being achieved? I’m all ears for any advice on how to shave off time or be more efficient for muffin centric farming with a group of 6.

Foxfire said: »
KujahFoxfire said: »
Did anyone ever manage an 8 NM run in sortie, ABCDEFGH? If so is there a video/composition/notes?

Asura.Sechs said: »
Have you checked this youtube video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaON2WGMmYI
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2023-06-06 15:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Valisk said: »

This video is 7 months old but...

All 8 Sortie Room Bosses killed in the same run (Gunslingers)— 10/31/22 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaON2WGMmYI&ab_channel=etherue

You can net more than 66k if u add Aminon into the mix. (goal would be 3 NMS--->Aminon--->3 basement NMs but we do not have that recorded afaik.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-06-06 15:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if the above is the strat people are doing, but it gives an option and it has video if that's what you're into. Seems most people are doing some variation of:
DHABCEFG. Do only the objectives you need to do to get the shards (and metal if needed for the boss). I have a feeling the best groups aren't doing metals for many/any of the bosses, since pretty much none of them are essential if you have fast kills.
 Odin.Valisk
user: Valisk
By Odin.Valisk 2023-06-06 15:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Much appreciated. Thank you Maletaru and Lexouritis.
By SimonSes 2023-06-06 17:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Not sure if the above is the strat people are doing, but it gives an option and it has video if that's what you're into. Seems most people are doing some variation of:
DHABCEFG. Do only the objectives you need to do to get the shards (and metal if needed for the boss). I have a feeling the best groups aren't doing metals for many/any of the bosses, since pretty much none of them are essential if you have fast kills.

You don't need metal for A/E/B/F for sure. You need for C and G, because several minutes cure will slow your movement too much.
Not sure about D/H. Haven't done much of them.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-06-06 17:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

For C I don't think it's as important, but for G it can make a huge difference. That said you get G anyway since you're killing the Naraka in most of these types of runs.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-06-06 22:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Our group always gets cg medals because running around with that curse is annoying. We also always get a because we do a and b at the same time, and it’s easy to kill 6 acuexes in the time it takes to kill 5 elementals.

We also get E, mostly because we are also building seal on non aminon runs.

Our path is weird, we do D > H > B (with A obj) > A > C > G > F > E (seal)
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2023-06-06 23:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

As we've been trying to fit Mega Boss into our 8 Boss runs we run with;

SCH/DRK RDM/DRK RUN/DRK BLM/DRK GEO/DRK COR/SAM

On entry -> Samurai Roll
SCH & RDM -> C
COR -> B
BLM -> A
GEO & RUN -> D

As the SCH RDM COR BLM finish their obj's they just meet up at D and help finish that obj up if it's not already. Usually finish this and are at D boss within 6-7min.

We don't use Monks roll on any of the bosses except the Mega Boss. Generally just Wizards and call it a day.

D boss -> H mid -> H boss (SCH Tab COR cutting) -> Leave.

A boss -> B boss -> C boss (CC Bolters when C is dead, we don't get the item to avoid Haunt.)

G mid -> G boss (SCH open stone -> RDM Red Lotus Blade -> SCH close Thunder -> RDM Savage Blade -> RUN Dimi* [switch ups may be needed as TP wipe is a thing here, but we also do this on C boss as well.]) -> Ignore 30 second wait time for chest and leave.

F mid -> F Boss (SCH tab if back up or RDM cdc -> Cor wildfire [If tab RDM pops chainspell to burst.])

E mid (get seal if we feel we're too low on time, unless the bitzer to leave is near that area then we just get it after)-> E boss (SCH open stone -> RDM Red Lotus Blade -> SCH close Thunder -> RDM Savage Blade -> RUN Dimi*) -> hopefully mega boss.

We're currently within like a 2minute window of feeling comfortable with going to the mega boss, just need to tighten a few more things.

Best time on mega boss we've had is 9:16 at this time [from buff wipe on RUN to starting the actual fight]

*Bitzer and mid boss placement is also a factor here.

**RDM and SCH getting the item to avoid Haunt may shave the time needed, but generally doesn't feel worth the time when a crooked bolters mostly makes up for the speed loss.

*Edited
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2023-06-07 01:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nuance said: »
As we've been trying to fit Mega Boss into our 8 Boss runs we run with;

SCH/DRK RDM/DRK RUN/DRK BLM/DRK GEO/DRK COR/SAM

On entry -> Samurai Roll
SCH & RDM -> C
COR -> B
BLM -> A
GEO & RUN -> D

As the SCH RDM COR BLM finish their obj's they just meet up at D and help finish that obj up if it's not already. Usually finish this and are at D boss within 6-7min.

We don't use Monks roll on any of the bosses except the Mega Boss. Generally just Wizards and call it a day.

D boss -> H mid -> H boss (SCH Tab COR cutting) -> Leave.

A boss -> B boss -> C boss (CC Bolters when C is dead, we don't get the item to avoid Haunt.)

G mid -> G boss (SCH open stone -> RDM Red Lotus Blade -> SCH close Thunder -> RDM Savage Blade -> RUN Resolution [switch ups may be needed as TP wipe is a thing here, but we also do this on C boss as well.]) -> Ignore 30 second wait time for chest and leave.

F mid -> F Boss (SCH tab if back up or RDM cdc -> Cor wildfire [If tab RDM pops chainspell to burst.])

E mid (get seal if we feel we're too low on time, unless the bitzer to leave is near that area then we just get it after)-> E boss (SCH open stone -> RDM Red Lotus Blade -> SCH close Thunder -> RDM Savage Blade -> RUN Resolution) -> hopefully mega boss.

We're currently within like a 2minute window of feeling comfortable with going to the mega boss, just need to tighten a few more things.

Best time on mega boss we've had is 9:16 at this time [from buff wipe on RUN to starting the actual fight]

*Bitzer and mid boss placement is also a factor here.

**RDM and SCH getting the item to avoid Haunt may shave the time needed, but generally doesn't feel worth the time when a crooked bolters mostly makes up for the speed loss.

The only comment I'd add is that you might be able to speed things up by going with fewer mage jobs on /drk. We run with 3 (sch, geo, rdm) and don't have any issues keeping TP low.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-06-07 02:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
You don't need metal for A/E/B/F for sure. You need for C and G, because several minutes cure will slow your movement too much.
Not sure about D/H. Haven't done much of them.
I'm a big supporter of the C/G metal myself becuase of the slowdown from Curse, but I found out you can negate it completely if you have a +8 Rostam and save Crooked Card for Bolter's Roll right after C/G.

Not sure what to make out of this. Is it wise to save Crooked Card for Bolter, to save time by skipping the Naraka or the additional 3 undead kills after 1 mb?

Well, I think it's at least situationally viable. If for instance you find Naraka on the way to boss in a spot where you can easily pull without aggroing 2000 things, well... it doesn't take more than 2 SCs to kill it so why not.
But let's say Naraka is at the end of Vamp room for instance, that would mean losing too much time maybe?
By SimonSes 2023-06-07 04:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

G mid -> G boss (SCH open stone -> RDM Red Lotus Blade -> SCH close Thunder -> RDM Savage Blade -> RUN Resolution [switch ups may be needed as TP wipe is a thing here, but we also do this on C boss as well.]) -> Ignore 30 second wait time for chest and leave.

E mid (get seal if we feel we're too low on time, unless the bitzer to leave is near that area then we just get it after)-> E boss (SCH open stone -> RDM Red Lotus Blade -> SCH close Thunder -> RDM Savage Blade -> RUN Resolution) -> hopefully mega boss.

You meant Dimidiation right?
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2023-06-07 07:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

You meant Dimidiation right?

Probably. I’m tired :(
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-06-07 09:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on if the RDM savage is making Fusion or Light, if Light it has to be Dimidiation. If fusion, Resolution kinda is good because of the multi-hit aspect.
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Server: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2023-06-07 10:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Depends on if the RDM savage is making Fusion or Light, if Light it has to be Dimidiation. If fusion, Resolution kinda is good because of the multi-hit aspect.

It is physically impossible for Savage Blade to make a Fusion.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-06-07 11:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fair enough. Didn’t know what scs he was doing since he only listed wses
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Server: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2023-06-07 11:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Fair enough. Didn’t know what scs he was doing since he only listed wses

Red Lotus (Liquefaction/Detonation) -> Immanance Thunder makes Fusion -> Savage blade (Frag/Scission) makes light -> Dimi makes double light.
By Guyford 2023-06-10 23:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if this has been noted as it is largely irrelevant, but had B boss drop both an eikondrite and an octahedrite today, so that can happen.
First Page 2 3 ... 119 120 121 ... 148 149 150