users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Sortie Release - Info
Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 106 107 108 ... 147 148 149
By SimonSes 2022-11-24 12:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Liam said: »
Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
Last night's route: farm A shard ---> A boss---> Aminon ---> E boss ---> farmed C shard/metal & B shard ---> C boss ---> B Boss ---> G boss before timing out

Probably could fit more in since we rotated 2 new people in for Aminon who hadn't done it before. Seals were obtained in a prior regular 8NM farming run the day before. Same drops again: starstone and old case +1. The run last night netted 59k galli.

So you can rotate in Aminon every 2nd run, and not lose out on Galli. You can actually GAIN a bit more Galli by rotating him in (as opposed do doing 6-8 'room' NMs a run) and have a guaranteed +1 case and starstone.

(3 Aminon kills so far all netted Star and +1 so they are probably guaranteed.)

@Lexouritis Would you mind elaborating a bit on the strat? (Have watched the Xolla vid but don't read Japanese) Have only tried once so far, and his regain kept beating our tp-absorbing after a couple of death rotations.

Is it just full macc/well staggered absorb-tps?
Is there any special trick to the fetter positioning? or is it just fishing them out while awaiting the 4 minute mark?

Thanks in advance!

You need macc sets for absorb tp. You should land frazzle III too and impact. Absorb tp rotation and deaths/comet MB starts after it does Bane of Tartarus or whatever it's called. There is no point doing it before then.
[+]
By Tokimemofan 2022-11-24 14:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
A friend told me a few things about what you guys are discussing.
I didn't personally test these things so please don't hold me responsible if he said a lot of ***-stuff!
He claims he tested these things while multiboxing and using third party tools.

1) Upper floor is a single "zone" even if it's divided in 4 sub-zones. Each of the 4 basements is its own "zone" instead.
2) Monsters in the 4 sub-zones get loaded when you gain access to that sub-zone
3) If you already gained the KI that grants you access to that sub-zone, the next time you enter sortie the monsters of that sub-zone will be loaded at start and not when you access the sub-zone
4) Basement zones are treated independently and monsters there get loaded exclusively when you access the zone (through legit means). Once loaded they remain in memory for the rest of the run
5) To receive credit for an objective you need to be in the same "zone". So for upstairs ones it means anywhere, but for basement ones you need to be in that specific basement.
I don’t see anything obviously wrong with those observations and a lot of it makes sense from a programming perspective.
Asura.Sechs said: »
Oh and as far as upstairs mini-nms going out of their sub-zones, what I personally experienced multiple times is:

1) Obdella zoning into D sub-zone using the locked D door that is SE from the circle of 4 minirooms north after the entrance.
2) Bhoot zoning into B through a locked B gate.

I personally never experienced this behaviour with Porxie or Deleterious but I guess it could be pure coincidence.
I myself have personally seen the obdella enter D through all entrances except the 2 in the far north. I have also been ambushed by deleterious at the southern acuex door twice. The porxie is weird, I think his wander range is set tighter because I’ve never seen him go to the no map room even though the rooms next to it collectively account for 80% of his spawns, I haven’t seen him wander into other areas but on multiple occasions I’ve seen him within 2 movement ranges of doing so
By Seun 2022-11-24 23:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Tokimemofan said: »
I have also been ambushed by deleterious at the southern acuex door twice. The porxie is weird, I think his wander range is set tighter because I’ve never seen him go to the no map room even though the rooms next to it collectively account for 80% of his spawns, I haven’t seen him wander into other areas but on multiple occasions I’ve seen him within 2 movement ranges of doing so

He will actually path out into the acuex square, head east and then north before turning back into zone D.

I only ever solo, but it's common for me to sac pull him if he's in larger groups. If you get him far enough away, he's generally slower than the rest so you can pick him off the back of the returning train.

Also, I'm pretty sure that he receives a new 'patrol' order whenever aggro is reset. Whether you outrun him, MG or die, it's possible that he starts wandering off on another patrol assignment while the rest of the fomor that linked walk back where they came from.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-11-25 13:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Why the *** does sneak/invis drop when someone dies beside you?
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2022-11-25 14:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Basement is party agro, so it most likely went after you next.
By Vaerix 2022-11-25 14:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Why the *** does sneak/invis drop when someone dies beside you?

I guess every character kinda shouts "*** IT'S A DEAD BODY!" as soon as it happens. Not very sneaky.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-11-25 14:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »
Basement is party agro, so it most likely went after you next.

Figured as much. SE adding unnecessary things to make ***wildly inconvenient isn't a surprise I guess.
 Asura.Bigtymer
Server: Asura
user: olson2189
By Asura.Bigtymer 2022-11-30 10:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Would you mind elaborating a bit on the strat? (Have watched the Xolla vid but don't read Japanese) Have only tried once so far, and his regain kept beating our tp-absorbing after a couple of death rotations.

Is there any special trick to the fetter positioning? or is it just fishing them out while awaiting the 4 minute mark?

Thanks in advance!

In our Aminon kill, we used BLU tank - saline coat + keep magic barrier on cooldown, and the BLU takes 0 damage from autos the entire fight (his autos are magic-based). Which equates to less TP feed, so that switch may help you if you're having TP suppression problems. Rayke/Gambit are pretty low-value on this fight IMO - Death's will cap with or without them. As a related aside, we liked monk's + caster's rolls for that purpose. The incentive for monk's should be obvious, but caster's is nice for reducing recasts of absorb-TP and Death.

Also, since you mentioned waiting for the 4 minute mark - there's no point in waiting the 4 minutes. You can nuke the element he's absorbing to heal him, which forces Bane to happen very quickly (within a handful of absorbed nukes, he'll pop Bane).
[+]
 Shiva.Liam
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2022-11-30 17:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bigtymer said: »
Would you mind elaborating a bit on the strat? (Have watched the Xolla vid but don't read Japanese) Have only tried once so far, and his regain kept beating our tp-absorbing after a couple of death rotations.

Thanks in advance!

In our Aminon kill, we used BLU tank - saline coat + keep magic barrier on cooldown, and the BLU takes 0 damage from autos the entire fight (his autos are magic-based). Which equates to less TP feed, so that switch may help you if you're having TP suppression problems. Rayke/Gambit are pretty low-value on this fight IMO - Death's will cap with or without them. As a related aside, we liked monk's + caster's rolls for that purpose. The incentive for monk's should be obvious, but caster's is nice for reducing recasts of absorb-TP and Death.

Also, since you mentioned waiting for the 4 minute mark - there's no point in waiting the 4 minutes. You can nuke the element he's absorbing to heal him, which forces Bane to happen very quickly (within a handful of absorbed nukes, he'll pop Bane).

Appreciate the response, blu is an interesting idea! After refining some absorb-tp sets/timing Aminon has been smooth sailing. We have been doing the force bane thing too, so much nicer. we actually exhausted its MP pool yesterday which was funny/unexpected. be careful not to make TOO good of an Aspir set
By Honeybaked 2022-12-01 02:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone been able to figure out the non boss gold chest on the basement yet? Seems still undiscovered unless I missed it somewhere in the thread. Still hoping maybe it is 100% +1 earring chest.

Also does anyone have a preferred run focused on Earring cases over muffins?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2022-12-01 08:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

well, I thought I could run away from demisang mob links to drop aggro. I had a bad pull, and thought running would save more time than dying... but they honestly chased me around the entire map for over 15 minutes.

not sure if anyone has reported similar experience. I should have tried warping sooner. by the time I did it was too late... As I lost sneak and hp among the corse near device C... before that I ran thru A, B, and C. I thought it had been so long they would stop chasing me... but no.

They are insane. I spend over 5 min without seeing a single one.. but when the horde caught up, and I said, I'll just die... they didn't leave quickly enough for the 3 min kick out. so maybe you can just laugh at my experience, but some demisang... just don't lose aggro.

dancer just can have so much movement speed+
 Fenrir.Svens
Server: Fenrir
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2022-12-01 09:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Honeybaked said: »
Anyone been able to figure out the non boss gold chest on the basement yet? Seems still undiscovered unless I missed it somewhere in the thread. Still hoping maybe it is 100% +1 earring chest.

Also does anyone have a preferred run focused on Earring cases over muffins?

Since defeating all metal bosses yields the Ra'Kaznar Seal, and all 4 naakuals/basement bosses didn't work either, all that's really left are all basement chests/objectives completed, or all basement trash mobs killed, similar to Chest D#5. Could also just be something else completely different we missed. If it does reward a +1 guaranteed, it would be a nice alternative to Aminon, getting a decent chunk of exemplar in the process.

As for earrings, honestly seems like killing Aminon every X days for the guaranteed case+1 is the most worthwhile, followed by only naakuals/blue chests, then ABCEFG galli runs as it seems like +1s don't really drop from the bosses as much.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-12-01 13:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone made a dummy's guide to Sortie yet? I'm returning sometime in the next few months and I'd like to lead some efficient parties on a small server, so I may not have everything available for each run. Thanks.
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-12-01 13:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Has anyone made a dummy's guide to Sortie yet? I'm returning sometime in the next few months and I'd like to lead some efficient parties on a small server, so I may not have everything available for each run. Thanks.
Velner has a solid video guide for getting most of the unlocks solo, which I recommend you do if you are behind on the curve.

https://youtu.be/8QkHVlug-YU
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-12-01 13:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hya said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Velner has a solid video guide for getting most of the unlocks solo, which I recommend you do if you are behind on the curve.

https://youtu.be/8QkHVlug-YU

Nice! I'll bookmark this and get the unlocks during the free to play period. Are there any guides for farming Sortie efficiently after getting the unlocks? Cheers.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-12-01 13:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Without all the hand-holding of when to use which spells/abilities, here's a writeup I did of a strategy we've been using. Nets 25-30k muffins per run. It's pretty rigid on jobs but if you can find these jobs it works very consistently. Once you get good enough you can tack on extra bosses at the end for more muffins.

RUN COR RNG BLM GEO SCH
1.) Kill 3 accuexes with magic damage, grab Obdella if you see him, head to A boss. SCH fire -> Trueflight, burst stone
2.) Head to A teleporter and enter E. Kill Botulus with more WS damage than MB damage. Leaden -> Trueflight (-> Last Stand) is a good SC for most basic ***. Use the same strategy for E boss as you did for A boss.
3.) Go straight to C. Kill Bhoot if you see him on the way to skeletons. Make light SC on skeletons and burst it with fire, at least 1 weak MB, then strong ones to finish them off. Do this 6 times to get the metal, then do C boss. SCH makes Fusion, then RNG ends with Trueflight for Light. MB Fire on these SC.
4.) Head up to B teleporter, grabbing the chest along the way, and teleport to C, into G. Kill the Naraka with any strategy you'd like. Get the chest from the blitzer (before or after the boss). Use same strategy for G as you used for C, but use Tabula Rasa because it will take more SCs to kill him. If you don't kill it in less than 3 minutes, have everyone except the RUN run away and he should use Sforzo to live (or sacrifice himself).
5.) If you still have extra time, go grab the blitzer chests in F or H for more chances at Starstones. Might also be able to kill B or F bosses for more muffins, but *** F boss. These guys are Luminohelix (wind hand, MB Ice) or Fire (Thunder hand, MB Stone) -> Trueflight

Oh, there's a ton of running around, make sure you use Bolter's Roll liberally.
[+]
 Phoenix.Phayde
Server: Phoenix
user: Phlegra
By Phoenix.Phayde 2022-12-01 15:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

A variation on Maletaru's method that yields us around 30-32k muffins and 5-8 cases (+1's have been scarce lately but it rains NQs) using dual scholar magic burst method:

RUN COR GEO SCH SCH BLM
1a) Team A (RUN, SCH, BLM) heads to acuex and performs Herc Slash -> Imm. Pyrohelix + Fire MB on 6 acuex to get 3 chests. Painfully walk without bolters to Boss A. Kill leach NM if you see it along the way but don't go out of your way to kill (not worth the time). Don't zone into boss area until Team B has farmed shard #B or you won't receive it.
1b) Team B (GEO, SCH, COR) head to teleporter B to farm shard #B box on 5 fire elementals with COR 3-step darkness. Bolters to Boss A when done.
2) Teams reunite at boss A, Gravitation + Stone to nuke it down in 30 seconds flat. Bolters roll.
3) Run to boss B, scholar SC + MB it to death. Bolters roll.
4) Run to device B and /hurray, warp to A and cast enhancing magic, walk to device E and get naked for a box.
5) Run to boss E, one SCH uses Tabula Rasa, Regen + Embrava and Gravitation + Stone him into the shadow realm. Bolters to bitzer and exit.
6) Run to B > F and head toward boss area. One person forks East at colonization reive room to check that quad for the bitzer, rest of the party checks boss quad for bitzer. If it's not in either of those places, you know it's to the West (in pixie room or beyond). Enter boss F area.
7) SCH #2 uses Tabula Rasa, reapply Regen + Embrava, nuke using SC + ice or earth MB based on the boss's mode (ie, which hand he's attacking with). Bolters.
8) One scholar runs to bitzer, examines while in full empy equipset, pops the box, exits. The rest of the part runs to the colonization reive room and awaits Naakul pops.
9) When SCH exits and re-enters, Naakul will pop. Pull them in any order and SCH SC + MB them to death. Bolters, pop red chest, exit area F.
10) The Road Forks. Send one member to C>G to make (but NOT open) the /stare chest, send another member to enter and exit D>H (thus, the next time anyone enters area H the box will pop right at the entrance). The other 4 members head immediately to A>E to begin the 5 min Naakul timer. Still coming up with a plan to make use of this 5 minutes (thinking about killing Flan), but #1 priority is to be ready to kill Naakul as soon as they pop. Plenty of time to get the party back together before Naakuls pop.
11) Kill Area E Naakul, same as before, bolters, pop red chest, gauge your time remaining. If you're crushing it and have 15 min left you can attempt to kill fomor in Area H and kill one more set of Naakul (haven't been able to pull this off yet). However, if you've got ~5 min left, just head to C>G and get the box that is waiting at the bitzer, then head to D>H and get the box that pops as soon as you enter. Should finish with over 30k galli and a half dozen cases or so.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-12-01 15:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting that you're skipping C/G metal. Do you still have flee speed with bolter's roll despite having unremovable 4 minute curse twice in your run?
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-12-01 17:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I will toss our strat out as well 43-46k Galli per run
RUN GEO BLM SCH SCH COR (I dual box SCH + COR)

We never split up for the most part
1. Run to A, RUN gathers acuex, SCH simulatnously fusion, blm/geo nuke them down pickup the heal/door obj and the obdella if on radar, fusion mb
2. A boss, SCH makes scission, gambit first mb, rayke second, should die in 2 MBs

run back to start
3. E -> straight to boss skip Botolus, SCH(1) tabula up buffs and makes scission same, gambit first sc, rayke second sc, should be dead in 3 sc's, maybe 4 (cor cutting cards sch(1))

find blizter exit, goto C
4. run to skele room and run gathers skeles, sch simulatnously make fusions all are MBing (kill bhoot along the way if found)
5. C boss - 2 3-step fusions should be plenty same as before gambit/rayke
run back to C go into G
6. hunt the samurai narakal and fusion him 1-2 scs
7. G boss - tabula SCH(2), Geo bolster, tabula 3-step fire Liqufication -> fusion, takes 3 SC, RUN gambit first SC, Rayke second.
8. run to blitzer get stare 30 chest exit, goto B

9. cor puts up STP roll, indi-haste (embrava still burning). does Leaden -> viper bite on fire elementals, BLM SCH burst water, they drop fast.
10. run to B boss (kill porker on the way if hes around)
11. B boss, first person in checks hands, sch buff proper (sand/hail) same as before with RUN gambit/rayke, 2 SC without switch, if it switches may need SCH(2) to do a SC
12. run back to B go into E straight to the boss keep eye out for blitzer
13. F boss, SCH(1) tabula, cor try wc for bolster, but time RDs for multiple entrust, same strategy as B boss, sch switching weather as needed, if switch weather midfight, a RD on the RUN to get gambit/rayke back helps.

Usually finish this part with 10-14 minutes remaining depending on blitzer locations.

exit F go back in F, do the delve NMs, RUN pulls and calls burst element, sch alternate SCs, mobs die in 1, 2(maximum SCs)

exit F, goto H and look for blitzter to exit and come right back in for chest.

After that we are generally running low on time, average 43-46k and 7-10 cases

The key is really being efficient with Bolters roll, as soon as you are done with any killing bolters is on and you are cruising to the next camp

some tips:
RUN making sure they have the right runes up and good timing on gambit/rayke is key, also lunge can mb 80k+ this is nice on the basement bosses. Gambit first SC, Rayke second SC works great.
COR - roll mule basically(except elementals) but get the timing down to always make sure you can Bolters, remember double up on bolters if your mages are doing crowd control coming out of an area. Card shots on all the boss youll make a tier2 spell do 99k
GEO - GET THE MALAISE DOWN FAST! and nuke your *** off during Rayke, be prepared for multiple entrusts when RD is around
SCH - coordinate with each other to know who is doing the SC. If one SCH is doing the SCs the other is toggling weather etc. Also after basement bosses reapply regen5/embrava since Tabula should still be up.

BLM - manafont/subtle on F boss. breakga duty if blitzers are congested

This setup took us about a week to get down, but we really cruise through it now, good luck!
[+]
 Fenrir.Ahlen
Server: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2022-12-01 17:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Interesting that you're skipping C/G metal. Do you still have flee speed with bolter's roll despite having unremovable 4 minute curse twice in your run?
If you have a piece of movement gear + bolters + mazurka u can get basically max speed.
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2022-12-01 17:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
9. cor puts up STP roll, indi-haste (embrava still burning). does Leaden -> viper bite on fire elementals, BLM SCH burst water, they drop fast.
One thing that I find that makes things easier is to do Leaden > Immanence + Stone for Distortion instead of making the COR open and close. It's helpful for things like the Botulus or the B elementals (probably could use in C too? haven't really tried). Can also close with Leaden for darkness and burst off of that too. In those instances you're probably not hurting for strats so you can easily afford to use one per mob.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-12-01 18:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

can also guarantee 2 bolsters for faster boss kills by doing

C -> G (Bolster+Tabula, WC, Cutting Cards if the WC misses) -> A -> E -> B -> F (Bolster+Tabula)

can swap those first and last 2 around if your group has trouble killing one or the other in time since WC also gives you a guaranteed second rayke
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-12-01 18:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Philemon said: »
Asura.Toralin said: »
One thing that I find that makes things easier is to do Leaden > Immanence + Stone for Distortion instead of making the COR open and close. It's helpful for things like the Botulus or the B elementals (probably could use in C too? haven't really tried). Can also close with Leaden for darkness and burst off of that too. In those instances you're probably not hurting for strats so you can easily afford to use one per mob.
yes appreciate the tip, for us since im dual boxing one of the SCHs the SCH is just kinda standing there, while the other is in LA buffing us with phalanx/adlo/refresh/weather, but good call on a way to speed up it up
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-12-01 22:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ahlen said: »
If you have a piece of movement gear + bolters + mazurka u can get basically max speed.

None of these setups involve a BRD so I'm assuming no Mazurka, that's why I was asking about Bolters +gear -curse. Could be capped, IDK. We always get the metals so you can remove curse and not be slowed down.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2022-12-02 18:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Another two old cases +1. Both BST+1. Im around 0/30+ now on main char. Stopped opening on boxed chars to avoid rage in case I would get +2, that I cant use on them :D
[+]
By Hopalong 2022-12-02 21:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I got a +2 near max pup earring when sortie first came out, solo. Wish it had been samurai.

Sounds like earring system still broke and typical SE autocracy.
By Taint 2022-12-12 22:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry if I missed this but is the earring type tied to the job you pop the case on?

I've done all my runs on MNK and I'm at 7 WHM earrings, 3 SCH and 2 RDM. No other jobs. (popped them on MNK too) Bad luck RNG?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-12 22:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

No correlation to your job
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 106 107 108 ... 147 148 149