First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 12 13 14
 Lakshmi.Cesil
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2021-08-21 11:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Oh snap, they got elfs running around ronf now too!

Different person though, good for you new guy. Not making any effort with your naming so you aren't confused with the galka guy.

I saw a bunch of Hume rmt dudes the other day haha they're branching out! They seem to have them botting around town doing what I can assume is RoE quests over and over.

The galkas on my server can usually be seen teleporting around in Gustaberg lol.
By Rips 2021-08-21 12:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

They’re giving all the different races a time in the spotlight! Love the diversity and inclusiveness! <3
By Pantafernando 2021-08-21 12:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually I heard the galkas rioted against the RMT company.

And all of them became sausage.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-08-21 18:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Why support these horrible villains by spending $500 on gil when you could instead spend $500 on anime waifus?
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-08-21 19:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Why spend any money on anime waifus when you could spend $40 a month for sixteen galka waifus?
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-08-21 19:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what happens when you let them out of the mines on their own accord.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-22 23:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Well. I'm going to bed, all the bots are offline right now. It's 12:40 am so that means they chose to log out.

But I didn't see it happen.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-08-23 05:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

all the bots are offline right now. It's 12:40 am so that means they chose to log out.

Honestly, nothing anyone says is going to change your opinion, so not sure why I'm bothering. We already know that SE banning this quickly is not a normal case. 12:40 AM est is 1:40 PM jst. There is plenty of time for SE to have come into the office and ban them, even if it's an hour or two earlier than when we normally see bans, it's during the work day. If they know they have to clear out 400 accounts, they might start a bit earlier so they are done by end of day.

If you choose to believe they never get banned and voluntarily log off for 4 days a week, while only botting on the weekend, that's your perogative. While we're at it, you would also have to include the ronfaure groups choosing to log off at the same time despite likely not being connected. I'm not sure the benefit to thinking that way, but you seem to be a bit of a masochist to begin with.

I'm going to stick with:
-They get banned on monday consistantly.
-They reroll on thurs-fri so that they are able to farm for the longest period uninterrupted.
-They only show up during discount campaign because they would be losing money if they paid full price for keys.

The evidence fits it, and it makes perfect sense. The alternative is that they log off for 4 days a week because they're scared of being banned, despite your own testimony that you bot 24/7 and get banned infrequently. It makes absolutely no sense.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-23 06:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, which is more likely.

Square's STF force investigated and banned 300~ accounts (I'm assuming all the servers bots are offline) At an abnormal time. Or first thing in the morning, expecting them to have been there again, since it happens every week. On an abnormal day, and banned no other bots. (not -zero-)

Or the farmers that run all 300 bots turned them off.

My internet decided to crap out right when they vanished and I missed it. I got back online and they were gone.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-08-23 06:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Square's STF force investigated and banned 300~ accounts (I'm assuming all the servers bots are offline) At an abnormal time. Or first thing in the morning, expecting them to have been there again, since it happens every week.
This is more likely, it's not even in the same league. Is it so hard for you to believe that, knowing they had more work than usual, a person would alter their routine by an hour or two? That is the only deviation here, that they were banned an hour or two before the usual time(and I'm guessing you only look at Asura, so perhaps the others ended up more like the usual time by the time they worked their way through).

It doesn't matter if they'll be back next week, what alternative is there? Ban them instantly when not in office using a script that would risk throwing real players in with them? They're brand new characters, they get very little sample to work with.

For that matter, SE likely sees the influx of key sales during the discount campaign as a good thing, even knowing RMT are buying them. If they can ban them at the correct pace, it's still worthwhile for the RMT but they have to constantly rebuy keys and it funds SE too.

Or the farmers that run all 300 bots turned them off.
First off, you yourself pointed out the ronfaure bots being different(different naming convention, different race, different behavior). So, at the very least you have 2 seperate groups deciding to log off at around the same time(which, fyi, is 1 AM in china).

Next, you have to consider that an operation able to run 18x16 characters is likely running $12-15k of hardware, the keys/subs cost a few thousand a month, they needed to install wiring and cooling for that much hardware. Someone this heavily invested would have done their research.

You say you only get banned on one character the last thursday of every month, so are you admitting that SE is more likely to ban these characters so they can only bot 3 days a week? I don't understand what argument you're even trying to make, that they invested this heavily in an old game like this but have no idea how SE's bans work and log off all week to be super safe? They would be banned if they botted 4 days, but not for 3, and they specifically need a 4 day break in between to not get banned?

I don't see how you can even look at your own argument and consider it believable. You're too busy being jealous of sweatshop workers to be objective.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-23 06:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I just see a pattern.

I know in the current state of the game if you start an account you're bullet proof for a week. If they got banned at midnight, they would have new accounts at 1am.

Yet to see a ban faster than a week to the day, (24 hour bot) and I've seen it 10 times. Which is nothing of note, just what I've seen. Coupled with the lack of any other bans last night, It makes more sense. And it's always at 3am, seemingly set in stone (unless you swear at someone, ask me how I know)

Let's also look at numbers, the galka bots have been around for a while, the STF claims to have banned 1553 accounts last month. If they were banning 300 every week... yeah 1553 is a little low. Just have to wait for august numbers, I guess.

It also means that the STF is actually doing something, show of hands LITERALLY ANYONE have you reported a bot and then that bot was gone? Anyone!? Anyone at all. (not the galka bots) Yeah?
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-08-23 07:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's also look at numbers, the galka bots have been around for a while, the STF claims to have banned 1553 accounts last month. If they were banning 300 every week... yeah 1553 is a little low. Just have to wait for august numbers, I guess.

1200~ galka and 350~ misc other RMT and real players? Seems believable to me. Aren't you the one who was always saying their numbers are too high to be real, now they're too low? This is why it's pointless to argue with you. You will take any data point and somehow interpret it as supporting your own thoughts, because you're unable to entertain an opposing viewpoint.

Multiple people have confirmed being banned in the first week, but you've never seen it so you assume it's not possible. You've only been banned at 3 am, so someone getting banned by 12:40 am is impossible. Note that JP doesn't have DST so there's an hour shift in there and it's really 2 AM bans atm.

The most obvious part is that they're investing this kind of resources into the PCs, labor, electricity, etc. If you truly and honestly believe they're logging off to avoid bans, why wouldn't they just double their accounts on the same hardware and change them every 3 days instead of stopping entirely..?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-23 07:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know why there is any downtime at all. They should be up nonstop, making new accounts all day every day. It's a money printer.

The only way it makes sense is stopping on purpose.

Why only make 18 galka for south gustaberg? Why not 18 for North Gustaberg. 18 for East Ronf. 18 For latheine. 18 for Saruta. 18 For Giddeus. 18 for Ordelles. $500 a day is nice, but $5000 is nicer.
By Shichishito 2021-08-23 07:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

i've once reported someone and they disappeared... 3 years later. now it could be that he capped gil on all his mules and unsubbed his alts because of it but i'm convinced the STF stepped up.

guys, GUYS! did anyone of y'all consider electricity contracts that are cheaper at night times and/or weekends? or maybe they are afraid to get banned like the crypto miners and have to hide from the CCP at certain intervals?
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-08-23 07:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The only way it makes sense is stopping on purpose.
or.. they got banned.

Why only make 18 galka for south gustaberg? Why not 18 for North Gustaberg. 18 for East Ronf. 18 For latheine. 18 for Saruta. 18 For Giddeus. 18 for Ordelles. $500 a day is nice, but $5000 is nicer.
Each alliance needs hardware, electricity, etc. Doubling up on the same PCs would mean they need half as many alliances. Why run all 16 servers at once instead of doing 8, taking 3 days off and doing the other 8, etc. You use half as much hardware and can dedicate the other half to another game, or make more alliances, or mine crypto, or not buy it in the first place, etc.

Shichishito said: »
did anyone of y'all consider electricity contracts that are cheaper at night times and/or weekends?
$2/day to run a PC that has minimum $180 of keys on it isn't make or break factor under any circumstances.

The only way this makes sense is if they are getting banned. It's just grasping for straws to suggest otherwise.
By Shichishito 2021-08-23 08:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
$2/day to run a PC that has minimum $180 of keys on it isn't make or break factor under any circumstances.
unless you know their profit margin that's pure assumption on your part!

FFXI has a small player base, a very small percentage of degenerates among that already small group of ppl spends real money on gil. 18x16 bots is nothing to sneeze at.
what if that bot farm simply reachs a point where demand is saturated and they decide to save on electricity and hardware deterioration or allocate the computing power elsewhere?.
[+]
By Starbucks 2021-08-23 08:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Who is really buying so much gil though?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-23 09:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Starbucks said: »
Who is really buying so much gil though?

This is always my question. Where the actual *** does it go. Thank god morons buy a bunch of useless ***, and overpay for it, and never use it.

But really. The fact that hundreds of thousands of rostams, corceas and su5 necks sell is mind blowing. Randos with 5 billion gil worth of ***in their moghouses they ain't touched it years but HAD TO HAVE for that one week when they were super into that one job that one time.

Thank god people have no modicum of self control, buying things day one for 10x the price it'll be in a week.
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2021-08-23 10:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

such sensationalized *** like always. jesus christ delete this dude from the forums.

rostam was released almost 3 years ago, to hit "one hundred thousand" 91 of them would have to sell a day. not to mention you're implying its above 100k. its nowhere *** near that. you're absolutely delusional.

not even worth taking into account how many of them are resold. just absolute delusion on so many levels
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-23 10:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I like that it bunches your panties.

Literally a million rostams sold.
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-08-23 10:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

the fact that you are a moron does not bunch my panites. you're just constantly spreading sensationalized *** and unfortunately people don't call you out often enough
By joemamma 2021-08-23 11:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact that this thread exists means you nerds need to get outside.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-23 11:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Tell me more about how you don't care so much you have to tell me you don't care, I'm almost there.
By joemamma 2021-08-23 11:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

TSM vs Eiryl

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-08-23 11:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Tell me more about how you don't care so much you have to tell me you don't care, I'm almost there.
delusional guy when he realizes the math just doesn't check out. seems to be a common trend for you my dude
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2021-08-23 11:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I know in the current state of the game if you start an account you're bullet proof for a week.

This is not true.

show of hands LITERALLY ANYONE have you reported a bot and then that bot was gone? Anyone!? Anyone at all. (not the galka bots) Yeah?

Hi
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-23 11:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

show of hands LITERALLY ANYONE have you reported a bot and then that bot was gone? Anyone!? Anyone at all. (not the galka bots) Yeah?
Asura.Arico said: »
Hi
How long did it take?

Taking weeks is kinda the point.
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2021-08-23 11:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

How long did it take?

Taking weeks is kinda the point.

Usually weeks. Once like 2 days later. If they use speed/clip/pos the reports seem way more powerful.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-23 12:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Even when it's blatantly obvious they drag their *** and take a month to "investigate"

The two day turn around you likely werent the first report.

The idea that they come in monday morning, get to those reports, and "investigate" then ban same day is ridiculous. It's possible. Unlikely.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 12 13 14