Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-03 19:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not like ***else is going on...
By joemamma 2021-09-03 19:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
If you're going to go down the road of thinking they are lying to you, and the banned numbers are just fabricated you might as well just say Square Enix are actually running these bots and selling the gil themselves.

Honestly I wouldn't be shocked. The companies that do this type of stuff are LLC. And could be run under some obscure subsidiary (that SE owns)

So SE could be double dipping.
By joemamma 2021-09-03 19:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Especially with the only yells on Asura are mercs that do "questionable" things. And people running around on six chars all maxed out. What else is there to do with gil when you have everything you need in game...

It's not like people are helping noobs. They help but it costs gil.
By Draylo 2021-09-03 20:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Almost impossible to have "everything" maxed and nothing to do, theres so many jobs in this game and with the Odyssey stuff its better to be equipped on multiple jobs at max level. So most of those 6 boxers are probably working on that or towards that, part of the fun is being able to adapt to every situation with a variety of jobs w/REMA. I doubt most of them are selling gil, because if they can obviously afford to pay the sub fee for all those characters/storage options they probably don't need it as they have real jobs that get them real money.

I also doubt SE would care that much, they have their hands full with XIV. Just looking in that game the amount of people who purchase vanity items from their shop is staggering, I can only imagine how much money they are raking in with that. They seem to be doing just fine charging people in XI for the wardrobes (especially those 6 boxers) and next they plan another inventory expansion to be paid for and are rubbing their hands together I'm sure.
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-09-03 20:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
doubt most of them are selling gil, because if they can obviously afford to pay the sub fee for all those characters/storage options they probably don't need it as they have real jobs that get them real money.

I know an individual that RMTs as well as pulling down a healthy salary from their day job. Being financially comfortable doesn't necessarily turn someone off from doing it.
By Draylo 2021-09-03 21:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Just because you know 1 person doesn't mean "most" of those types of players are doing that.
By Shichishito 2021-09-04 05:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

doesn't need to be SE as a whole, could also be one of the devs who used to or still does work on the projekt that sells gil. maybe even the dude who decides who gets banned and who doesn't.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-04 06:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok well to be clear, that's not "SE" that's "Someone with knowledge or works at SE"
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2021-09-04 09:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Just as a point of clarity, it's not that they don't get banned AT ALL. It's that they don't get banned in 6 business hours / 1 work day / 3 days. Whichever qualifier you chose.

Start thursday afternoon get banned sunday night, is what I doubt. Again, not because it can't be done, but because the redtape and/or permissions and/or time it takes to fix/accomplish/do anything else. That speed would be an extreme outlier in their procedure (in current year).
Still haven't said who is laying down this red tape. There's like 4 people working on ffxi and some of them are split to 14. This has been said several times. Where is this imaginary red tape coming from? You think all 4 have to get approval from each other?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-04 09:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course they do. It's a business. And it's japan. They need permissions from every cousin in the family too.

Every decision has to go through third *** in charge of battery acquisition, through second *** in charge of battery installation and first *** in charge of battery usage.

The little bit of actual employee info we do get (third hand from camate) confirms that you can't even ask to wipe your *** without getting the bosses boss's ok to ask that it's ok to ask for permission. Then you need 10 forms stating why you need to ask, before you can ask. Even the janitor has to get his 2 cents in on the cost benefit analysis for the value of the toilet paper.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-09-04 09:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

These real people can't come to an agreement that they can ban the galka *every week*? They have to come together as a meeting of elders to decide to ban them on August 2, but then August 9 rolls around and they have the meeting again? What about August 16? There's not a point where they decide 'well, we're wasting a lot of time on this meeting.. just ban them from now on'?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-04 09:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The elders must be consulted on every instance, obviously. Each individual bot has to get a meeting, and an investigation, and a trial, followed by a business dinner. it's just procedure.

I don't make the rules.
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-09-04 10:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

you have a really weird idea of japanese work culture. watched a lot of anime in your day?

odd for an "anti-work" "anti wage-slave" never worked guy to have such insight
By joemamma 2021-09-04 10:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard you nerds like anime and obsess over Japanese culture. But I'm assuming the other half are all jocks that are into weight lifting and "bro" culture.
By Meeble 2021-09-05 15:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
SE introduces a cash shop for XI, I stop playing XI...and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone. This isn't a modern MMO, and that's the reason we stick with it. Giving it a cash shop is one of the major no-no's in the eyes of the majority of XI players(not all- I'm not saying all so don't be barfing up anecdotal evidence of "well, I would like one")....honestly, if people wanted a cash shop, they'd play a different game.

I understand how you feel. My point is that the game has a functional cash shop that square turns a profit from already.

The only differences are that the current system occasionally causes inconvenience to players, and the XI Dev team gets increased metrics to justify the continued existence of the game in exchange for allowing 3rd party RMT to take a cut. As long as Matsui can thwack the economy with a stick every other year to make sure inflation remains modest, what we have now is probably better for players than any alternative.
By Felgarr 2021-09-07 20:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

When I think back to my earliest FFXI memories, I used to think paying $1 for a mule to store extra items was kind of "cheating" or "gaming the system", because part of the game was inventory management. If you maintain a "spirit of the law" or a "letter of the law" approach to SE's rules, you'll find there's an overlap, a grey area. There's no right or wrong answer for this grey area because it's functionality that anyone is permitted to do with a vanilla client.

Paying $15 for login points mules to create and destroy for 1000 points every few days to max out your purchases, might be 'frowned upon', but one can argue that it's a form of a 'cash shop' too technically. In 3-4 login campaigns with 16 characters that buy empyrean items ($81-$112), you'll have an empyrean weapon in no time at all.

Then you have third party tools and obviously that's a no-no, but some tools simply offer QoL adjustments and accessibility features that SE will never implement. It's a trade-off and I, for one, just accept it, as part of FFXI life.
By joemamma 2021-09-08 00:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe if we can get this thread to page 20 we can stop the bots.
By joemamma 2021-09-08 00:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Superiority said: »
Rips said: »
For real though, is it worth it? You must not have a real job if you’re doing this. I’m going to go out on a limb and assume they’re banned within the month, then you have to buy all the accounts again?

18 x $29.99 is it? That’s $540. You must be doing this non stop to recoup your money before those accounts are gone.

Its laughable that you think bots are getting banned.

I'd say a large portion of Asura population is bots/dude running around with six on follow (using lots of automation borderline bot). So yea the bots aren't going away.

Real people don't play FFXI anymore.

All bots mercs and anti social nerds.
By Draylo 2021-09-08 00:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Real people still play it, they are just mostly older with expendable income so thats the reason for most of the 6 boxing in addition to all the readily available automation. A lot more would play if SE invested into the graphics/UI, I'm almost certain of that but who knows if they will touch this game. Even though people love to shout that its a financial disaster to invest anything into this game, SE doesn't do everything based solely on financial gain or they would have shut this down ages ago and made a phone game or some fortnite type game.
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-09-08 03:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

6 box soloing and never playing with anyone else, which is the case for a lot players, defeats the whole concept of playing a MMO. Unless you are selling gil. Then again standing in town alone never playing with anyone also takes the whole point out of playing a MMO, the problem is this game is old and dead and its mostly people doing what Draylo said above.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-09-08 04:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You all have such a pessimistic view of this game and its player lol, I can't imagine why they still even play or stick around forums.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2021-09-08 09:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Anytime I have a chance to play with other people I will take that option. Because I do enjoy having a real player around compared to trying to deal with it myself. I can't always have friends on to do stuff with I trust though. After doing everything in the game Pre-Ody, some times the stress or patience of pick-up groups are just not like they use to be. People either leave unable to learn, don't learn, or either I, or them are just to impatient to deal with it anymore. I don't fail to see it could be a fault of my own either. I actually moved to Asura because most my friends on Lakshmi stopped playing, but I honestly have not found anyone to do stuff with over here either really.

I just accept the game for what it is now. If I find people to play with, cool. If not then I guess I don't.

That being said, I will take people up on that. People saying they hate players that multi-box, or can't find people to do stuff with. Can message me any time to do ***and I would gladly tag along or help out. If this is all just an outlet to vent then ignore me completely.
[+]
By joemamma 2021-09-08 10:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are going to multi box why go to Asura you are going to play solo anyways.

You might as well quit and play an offline game at that point.

That is part of the reason Asura has the worst community. Most people rather solo or use a merc. Then actually team up with people.
By joemamma 2021-09-08 10:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't have the time then maybe a MMO isn't for you. This game by nature requires more time than most other video games.
By RadialArcana 2021-09-08 10:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The real issue with FFXI is that there is a massive fear of playing with others as a new or casual player, the content is so confusing and punishing that many just struggle with trusts and become perma solo players doing VE runs on everything. In the past you were forced to play with others for XP so this was far less of a mental issue, today that is not the case. Some get around this by trying to hyper gear before joining anything (sadly this makes some embrace rmt because making gil is so hard) due to this inferiority complex and fear of others mocking them, the problem with this is that they get used to just buying it all and so still don't group.

The players that say "it's all bots" are usually people that get mad because they shouted for something and barely anyone joined. These people also rarely interact with anyone unless they want something, as such it's easy to go into this mindset for them. It's obviously not true at all.

The way the game deals with grouping very much makes many people just opt out of grouping altogether, if you join a random linkshell you can very often get around this by asking people to join some E ambuscade, omen card farm or something that is in their gear range and then they will be more likely to join but it's near impossible to get these people to join groups made from yell. They simply do not think they are worthy of being in a group and so shy away from it.

If you see some random trying to kill a untiy mob and failing, ask to group up and kill it together. If you see some lower tier content shout in yell, maybe join to help them succeed? People make more groups if their groups go well, and often stop grouping if they don't. If you go out of your way to interact with people, and not just when it benefits you then you often see there are plenty of "real people" out there.

Also don't grab some new player to join in your multibox army to stand there and do nothing, that's worse than not helping them at all. They learn and get nothing from this except wanting to multibox too.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2021-09-08 10:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

joemamma said: »
If you are going to multi box why go to Asura you are going to play solo anyways.

You might as well quit and play an offline game at that point.

That is part of the reason Asura has the worst community. Most people rather solo or use a merc. Then actually team up with people.
Because I would like to find a decent group to play with. You wouldn't do something you enjoy because other people don't enjoy it? That seems kind of silly. I play still because I still have that option, and clearly said I would much rather have a group so? The difference being I don't need to quit and play offline because I have the option to do other wise. :shrug:

I also love how people always seem to know what your intentions are or what I am going to do. *As I currently am in a group doing group events.*
By joemamma 2021-09-08 10:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Good luck finding decent people on Asura. They would rather sell you a clear then team up. That is what the game has become. There is no community. It feels more like a solo game every day.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2021-09-08 10:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »

If you see some random trying to kill a untiy mob and failing, ask to group up and kill it together. If you see some lower tier content shout in yell, maybe join to help them succeed? People make more groups if their groups go well, and often stop grouping if they don't. If you go out of your way to interact with people, and not just when it benefits you then you often see there are plenty of "real people" out there.

I literally had this happen the other day. Was at 128 UNM and guy kept getting murdered so I offered to help him out lol.
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-09-08 15:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

the STF ban numbers are likely not enough to get eiryl to think these characters are getting banned.

topic can be closed. it's been fun guys but we can't convince him.

bot on soliders
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14