Dem galka bots doe
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14
 Siren.Dekoda
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2021-08-24 15:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems like those are all legitimate methods of making gil and any player could do it. How do you know most gil was coming from that and not RMT activity/hacks/exploits/bots?

Illegitimate methods (which I thought this thread is discussing) can ruin the experience of other players. Again any player could do this but, based on this thread's discussion, these methods are mostly employed by RMT.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-08-24 15:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The people making billions of gil from chocobo blinkers and sparks were not doing so legitimately lmao.
 Siren.Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2021-08-24 15:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Right. I tried to draw that distinction in my post. You can make legitimate money on sparks, but not as much now to curtail exploits. And any player can use exploits, RMT or not. So I guess the conversation overlaps RMT and exploits. Imo exploits are bad for the game, but how much does RMT activity enable them is sort of the question I had in mind. Like, anyone could be running the galka gil farm, but it's probably RMT right?
 Siren.Bruno
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2021-08-24 15:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Tsm
Server: Asura
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2021-08-24 16:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

the discussion really shouldn't be around gil in terms of hurting the economy. if there is more gil in the economy players naturally will make more as what they farm will increase in value. if there is less players will make less because what they farm will decrease in value. but everything they want to buy/sell is going to follow similar patterns, as we have seen with sparks being nerfed.

i'd say 90-95% of alexandrite was produced by bots/RMT.

REMA materials (boulders, plutons, beitetsu) are probably in the same boat.

dynamis currency is likely closer to 70%.

HMP/rift cinder might be mostly player driven.

what i'm getting at though is people would have a lot less shinies if RMT weren't pumping those things out, and for that reason a lot of you would have a lot less fun even though these things arguably "hurt" the game and the economy more.
 Asura.Xysto
By Asura.Xysto 2021-08-24 16:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tsm said: »
the discussion really shouldn't be around gil in terms of hurting the economy. if there is more gil in the economy players naturally will make more as what they farm will increase in value. if there is less players will make less because what they farm will decrease in value. but everything they want to buy/sell is going to follow similar patterns, as we have seen with sparks being nerfed.

what i'm getting at though is people would have a lot less shinies if RMT weren't pumping those things out, and for that reason a lot of you would have a lot less fun even though these things arguably "hurt" the game and the economy more.

I mentioned the same argument on page 8 but some ppl didn't get it. Almost the entire economy is sustained by RMT, including small annoying quest items that you buy from AH to save hours or long minutes of farming.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2021-08-24 16:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Dekoda said: »
Right. I tried to draw that distinction in my post. You can make legitimate money on sparks, but not as much now to curtail exploits. And any player can use exploits, RMT or not. So I guess the conversation overlaps RMT and exploits. Imo exploits are bad for the game, but how much does RMT activity enable them is sort of the question I had in mind. Like, anyone could be running the galka gil farm, but it's probably RMT right?

This is all whistling past the graveyard, because the problem is that these systems existed in their exploitable states for years.

I remember catching a blue Bind-on-Equip item while fishing the first week WoW was out. ***was patched in 48 hours. Meanwhile, you want to blame RMTs for Blinker inflation?
 Siren.Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2021-08-24 16:58:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry I don't understand what you're trying to say. You're saying that those exploits weren't harmful because they went unresolved for so long? But that's really what we've been talking about right? That SE doesn't seem to care? Not just exploits, but any illegit activity. But I guess I don't see why that means it's healthy for the game.

If currencies are botted, their supply increases and their value decreases. A win for the players buying currency, a lose for the players farming it legit themselves. And I can't think of anything farmable that's immune to this. Why is that a good thing?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-24 17:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If currencies are botted, their supply increases and their value decreases. A win for the players buying currency, a lose for the players farming it legit themselves. And I can't think of anything farmable that's immune to this. Why is that a good thing?

it helps you realize just how much of a waste of your life it is to be farming those things so you get on and spend your time doing something worth doing instead.

That is the single greatest epiphany you can have in life.

Let. The. Machina. Do. The. Work. Sure, maybe we'll spawn a "Sin" but that's the next generations problem.
[+]
 Siren.Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2021-08-24 17:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
it helps you realize just how much of a waste of your life it is to be farming those things so you get on and spend your time doing something worth doing instead.

Like RMT? I think I get it now
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-08-24 17:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

i literally told you why in my post. are you unable to read?

you would have a 0% chance to have an REMA because the currencies would be far more scarce.

edit: nvm checked your profile you don't have any remas anyways and must have just started playing in the last couple weeks. always your type that comments on a complex problem pretending to have decades of understanding..
[+]
 Siren.Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2021-08-24 17:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol guess I'm too dumb to farm the currency myself too.
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-08-24 17:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

ITT: Gilbuyers and sellers attempt to justify their actions with shitty arguments.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2021-08-24 17:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Foxmulder said: »
ITT: Gilbuyers and sellers attempt to justify their actions with shitty arguments.

Somebody asked why one would buy gil and I explained it. You're welcome to keep working for a buck fifty an hour if you like, but I don't feel like I should be expected to write a whole treatise on why I'm not ***' doing that.
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-08-24 17:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol guess I'm too dumb to farm the currency myself too.
judging by your account, yes.

Odin.Foxmulder said: »
no one cares how you spend your money
 Siren.Bruno
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2021-08-24 17:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

nvm checked your profile you don't have any remas anyways and must have just started playing in the last couple weeks. always your type that comments on a complex problem pretending to have decades of understanding....

guessing you didn’t check his forum history either while you were there

are you unable to read?
 Siren.Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2021-08-24 17:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Judging by your posts, all you did is buy yours so what does that prove? lol
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-08-24 17:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Bruno said: »
nvm checked your profile you don't have any remas anyways and must have just started playing in the last couple weeks. always your type that comments on a complex problem pretending to have decades of understanding....

guessing you didn’t check his forum history either while you were there

are you unable to read?
you mean where it looks like he quit for the last 7 years? yeah i definitely didn't miss that. it lines up
By ScaevolaBahamut 2021-08-24 17:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry I don't understand what you're trying to say. You're saying that those exploits weren't harmful because they went unresolved for so long? But that's really what we've been talking about right? That SE doesn't seem to care? Not just exploits, but any illegit activity. But I guess I don't see why that means it's healthy for the game.

What I'm saying is quite simple: at no point did RMT have a meaningful impact on the game's economy, because the periods of instability and inflation were driven by exploits that SE refused to fix.

The inflation and instability persisted no matter how many accounts SE brought the hammer down on, until the exploit was fixed, at which point everything stabilized overnight. It happened with rusty caps, it happened with blinkers, and it happened again with sparks.

SE controls every aspect of this game. Any exploitable system that causes player instability is ultimately their responsibility. RMT will RMT and you can't do anything about that because you don't get to tell us how to spend our money, but if your gameplay experience is being impacted, it's because of systems that would still be there and still be exploited even if you could launch every single one of us into orbit (but if you did that, you wouldn't have a game anymore).
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-08-24 18:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

you would have a 0% chance to have an REMA because the currencies would be far more scarce.
and, as everyone can assure you, content on asura is only done with REMA, ergo RMT saved endgame FFXI.

sounds like some of you returned from a short trip to india where you finally finished your dhalsims in mental gymnastics.
By Shichishito 2021-08-24 18:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

ergo, shut the *** up
[+]
By joemamma 2021-08-25 22:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

11 pages is about 10 pages too many but lets go for 30.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-26 15:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

To what should be no ones surprise, galkas are back
By missdivine 2021-08-26 15:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

looks like SE is still wiping a lot of accounts, only 2.6k @5pm est online atm
By joemamma 2021-08-26 16:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura is a little bit quiet...maybe a little too quiet.
By joemamma 2021-08-26 16:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Just the usual spam yells not much else.
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-08-26 16:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

To what should be no ones surprise, galkas are back
starting to think they create all their accounts on thursday, get banned on monday and start over again on thursday.

this is wild
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-26 16:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Same logic, if it was fear of a ban why thursday and not friday.

It's Friday in japan, they're working today, the ban could happen same day, so that makes no sense to start today.

See, the elves waited until it was after closing friday jp time to start.
By joemamma 2021-08-27 12:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

That is the single greatest epiphany you can have in life.

Let. The. Machina. Do. The. Work. Sure, maybe we'll spawn a "Sin" but that's the next generations problem.

Yea arguing with nerds on a half dead website is definitely not a waste of time...
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14