First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 12 13 14
 Asura.Arico
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2021-08-23 12:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Even when it's blatantly obvious they drag their *** and take a month to "investigate"

The two day turn around you likely werent the first report.

The idea that they come in monday morning, get to those reports, and "investigate" then ban same day is ridiculous. It's possible. Unlikely.

I don't think they need to investigate for speed/pos.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2021-08-23 12:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Starbucks said: »
Who is really buying so much gil though?

I wonder how much Stimulus money went to RMT lmao.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-08-23 12:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

But really. The fact that hundreds of thousands of rostams, corceas and su5 necks sell is mind blowing.

LMAO
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-23 13:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arico said: »
Even when it's blatantly obvious they drag their *** and take a month to "investigate"

The two day turn around you likely werent the first report.

The idea that they come in monday morning, get to those reports, and "investigate" then ban same day is ridiculous. It's possible. Unlikely.

I don't think they need to investigate for speed/pos.

They definitely don't "need to", obvious is obvious. But "required to" red tape etc

It's probably some level of infuriating to have your hands that tied to see obvious ***but can't do a damn thing without asking 9 bosses of bosses for an ok. (or some level of fantastic to get paid to pretend to work)
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2021-08-23 14:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of all the sensationalist stuff you've said so far that last one might be the most wild.

Ffxi doesn't even have 9 employees so obviously there's no 9 bosses. :)
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-08-23 14:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Side note. Did anyone else find it amusing (and also a waste of time) when Matsui was talking about how he has "all of the team" submit him a daily report about their life outside of work.

I couldn't help but imagine 2 other people just glancing at each other and rolling their eyes. "Time to spend 20 minutes pretending I care about a cat I don't have again."
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-23 15:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean... that is Japanese culture. That's how they do ***. (way more than 20 minutes, by the way lol)
By RadialArcana 2021-08-23 15:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Foxmulder said: »
Side note. Did anyone else find it amusing (and also a waste of time) when Matsui was talking about how he has "all of the team" submit him a daily report about their life outside of work.

I couldn't help but imagine 2 other people just glancing at each other and rolling their eyes. "Time to spend 20 minutes pretending I care about a cat I don't have again."

I think one of the problems they have is that all these people that are used to working in an office are now all working from home, that can be incredibly depressing for some people.

It's a way to try make them think someone cares about them I guess.

It probably does work in JP culture, it would never really work in the west. The boss would probably be fired for prying into their personal life or something stupid.
By Manque 2021-08-23 19:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Work in Japan. Have a bi-weekly meeting with my co-workers via video to talk about our personal lives for 30 mins. Usually becomes a conversation about someone's dog, places people want to travel, exercise. Quite mindless but good to see faces and remind each other we all have different things going on separate to work deadlines and projects. Hopefully makes people think twice before sending out an email at 7pm.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2021-08-23 19:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I worked exclusively remote for 8 years; every meeting with the team started with some sort of ice breaker about plans or things outside of work, pet photos, projects, vacations, etc. since there is not really in-office chatting like you see in "normal" work environments, this sort of thing was encouraged as a morale boost. it was the same reason they heavily encouraged you to get up and out of your workspace on breaks and lunches - that mental break was super important to fight burnout in an otherwise isolating situation.
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-08-23 19:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Manque said: »
Have a bi-weekly meeting with my co-workers via video to talk about our personal lives for 30 mins. Usually becomes a conversation about someone's dog, places people want to travel, exercise.
fillerbunny9 said: »
every meeting with the team started with some sort of ice breaker about plans or things outside of work, pet photos, projects, vacations, etc.
god damn it, you extroverts just can't help it, always have to ruin everything.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-08-23 19:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

just a bunch of execs feigning interest in their minions' real lives so they can feel better about the work environment, pay discrepancy, and power dynamic. "I really care! I asked about Susie's Pomeranian who got her nails cut at the vet today! Its ok if I fire 20% of the workforce because I CARE!!!"
By missdivine 2021-08-23 20:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Dho gates free of bots, I wonder how long will least.
By fillerbunny9 2021-08-23 20:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
just a bunch of execs feigning interest in their minions' real lives so they can feel better about the work environment, pay discrepancy, and power dynamic. "I really care! I asked about Susie's Pomeranian who got her nails cut at the vet today! Its ok if I fire 20% of the workforce because I CARE!!!"
They don’t care at a micro level, but they do at a macro level. No one cares what John did over the weekend, but there is likely a measurable productivity difference that they’ve deemed worth the time spent on it.
By Shichishito 2021-08-23 21:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

missdivine said: »
Dho gates free of bots, I wonder how long will least.
free campaign is over.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-23 22:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

That really has nothing to do with anything related lol
By Pantafernando 2021-08-24 02:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Generally free campaigns have also double JP so normally those gate zones becomes more filled during that time.

Also, more people, more bots.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-24 03:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The free play only ends if you dc, bots gneneralky don't log out
By Pantafernando 2021-08-24 03:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont think so.

You can extend a couple of hours of play but at some point you gonna be kicked out of the game, im fairly sure that already happened to me once.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-24 03:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I made it all the way to next maint last time lol, surprised me that it never crashed.
By ksoze 2021-08-24 08:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

can someone post the video of the new dupe exploit?
By ScaevolaBahamut 2021-08-24 11:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Foxmulder said: »
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
I just realized... RMT only works if people are actually buying the gil in the first place. In this day and age, who the heck is actually doing the buying?

Older people with their "no time!" or "my time is more valuable" excuses and spoiled children.

what's a reasonable ROI for farming these days? a million an hour? you can buy gil or not but i genuinely pity any mature adult human being who does not consider their time to be worth more than a dollar an hour.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-24 12:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Potential is high and varies greatly.

If you had a limitless supply of morons you could sell ruann t2 abjs for 2-3m each and make 90m an hour. Or a limitless supply of morons and you 4 box ambuscade you could make double that.

But reality for 99.99% is well below that. well below the value of the gil:hour they would get as cash:gil

"But farming gil is playing and that's fun! They're not equivalent." No, no it's not. And yes, they are.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2021-08-24 12:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not even talking about whatever nonsense you lot get up to. This is a job for you. The people who buy the gil you sell already have those.

I haven't bought a lot of gil over my time in FFXI (probably $3-400 total over 17 years?), mainly because I'm one of those idiots who enjoys farming on his own and these days I do pretty well because I farm things - mainly Omen and Odyssey A+B - that active participation in endgame precludes active, individual for-profit farming of. I just burn my canteens and moglophones on cash farming and it makes me about 50 mil a month if I never miss a day, which I frequently do.

But if I needed a big ticket item? Like, if I want to kit a new job or something? I'm definitely going to plop down a hundred bucks on 100 million gil to fund it, not because it's "worth it" or whatever but because $100 is nothing to me. If you think that's some kind of brag, well, again, I genuinely do not know what to say to an adult human being who thinks we're actually talking about a lot of money here.
[+]
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-08-24 13:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Me, me, me. *** the server environment. It's all about meeeeeee!!!!
By ScaevolaBahamut 2021-08-24 13:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

What "environment"? Whatever period of XI you're idealizing and wish we could go back to I guarantee people bought gil, and many of the people you looked up to the most did as well.

There just aren't enough hours in the day to farm AND do content.
 Siren.Dekoda
Server: Siren
user: Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2021-08-24 14:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Who said anything about a past period of ffxi? I think we're discussing the game's future.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2021-08-24 14:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

That's my whole point: the game never had a future without gil-buying. There are ways you could set up an MMO that would not encourage massive RMT (I would argue the secret of WoW's initial success was in fact a thousand little design decisions that made gold basically irrelevant after a certain point) but FFXI is definitely not that game.

Again, do it or don't, but I seriously do not understand what anybody thinks the game would become if people stopped buying gil.
 Siren.Dekoda
Server: Siren
user: Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2021-08-24 14:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Based on what? If you want to compare the future to the past, I'd argue periods in the game where gil was the most inflated were due to RMT activity and that discouraged people from playing.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2021-08-24 14:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Dekoda said: »
Based on what? If you want to compare the future to the past, I'd argue periods in the game where gil was the most inflated were due to RMT activity and that discouraged people from playing.

The periods where gil was the most inflated involved the public dissemination of strategies designed to massively exploit poorly-designed systems (rusty caps, blinkers, sparks circa 2017). RMTs are an easy but wildly inaccurate scapegoat; the damage was done by legitimate players who could never get enough gil, because you really can't ever get enough gil in FFXI.

I like that FFXI makes in-game currency valuable for the same reason I like money IRL - flexibility - but if that's the nature of the design, RMT is unavoidable.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 12 13 14