New Battle Content For Upcoming Job Progression?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » New battle content for upcoming job progression?
New battle content for upcoming job progression?
First Page 2 3
By Bosworth 2021-05-16 16:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

From Matsui’s remarks:

“In terms of battle content, we're currently working on a new job progression system. We'll have more details to share with you at a later date and ask you to hold out for just a little while long, as we need to debut this system for all jobs at the same time. “

What kind of battle content could they possibly tie to this? I was expecting just a “job points 2.0” type deal.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-05-16 16:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

He could just be referring to "content that affects battles" instead of "new battles".
 Lakshmi.Cesil
Server: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2021-05-16 16:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if its something like merits/Job Points or new abilities? Spells? Whatever it is, can't wait to see it :D
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-16 16:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Really think it's just adjusting. Stats/Traits/Mechanics

Hoping they don't do stupid ***like merit points or job points (even though they did originally plan for 30 levels instead of 20)
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-05-16 16:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

They've repeatedly referred to it as a new system, so it's 100% going to be something completely new, not just adjustments.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-16 16:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Translation etc

inb4 "Master Points"
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-05-16 16:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

There's not really any room for translation issues when they call it things like "new system", "new progression system for jobs", and "new content for improving your jobs".
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-16 17:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, I would be convinced if it were just about any other company

They have an entire/better part of a year to make excuses and not deliver on a "system" and settle, so, expectations.
[+]
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2021-05-16 17:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I really hope it isn't another merit/job points, we already have hard enough time as it is finding CP spots, imagine CP campaign that but you're competing with a bunch of mastered/geared parties
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2021-05-16 17:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Voracity Points
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2021-05-16 18:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

New speculation threads are teh very best, imma dub them "yur momma" points, my dad owns SE, and said "you betcha son!"
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2021-05-16 18:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Also obligatory STFU Eiryl....
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-05-16 19:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna give us "Working Points" for another set of abilities / bonus's then later put us against monsters who are level 170 and 180.
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-05-16 19:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Gonna give us "Working Points" for another set of abilities / bonus's then later put us against monsters who are level 170 and 180.

Omen Divergence or Dyna v3?
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-05-16 19:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably more points that you can only get when you have mastered a job.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-16 19:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »

Omen Divergence or Dyna v3?

Moghouse Moogle Mania. You fight your moogle at 170. And you can't access your MH until you win, whether you start it or not.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-05-16 20:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

How easy it would be for them to just do a new ilevel Abyssea, all the assets are already there for them to use and it would be fun, could even use zones that are completely underutilized like many in the past.

I am excited for a new job upgrade system, I personally don't mind working towards and end goal for my jobs. I hope they add new spells... we really need new fun toys.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-16 20:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Without starting the "no its not thats all that coding" argument, all the things that already exist would be relatively simple to just iBump the iLevel and iGarbage the new gear. 10 seconds, tops.

it's not like they need to put effort into it, y'all will love it even if it's literally just 10 levels harder abyssea as long as there's some str+1 to grind in it.
By Bosworth 2021-05-16 21:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Without starting the "no its not thats all that coding" argument, all the things that already exist would be relatively simple to just iBump the iLevel and iGarbage the new gear. 10 seconds, tops.

it's not like they need to put effort into it, y'all will love it even if it's literally just 10 levels harder abyssea as long as there's some str+1 to grind in it.

You seem to be under the impression that they don’t create fun and engaging content to work for this new “str+1” gear. I personally found pretty much all the battle content since their entrance into “maintenance mode” to be fun and worth doing. I’m even in the minority that isn’t butthurt that SE mixed things up with Sheoul: Jail.

SE literally can’t win with this player base. They either put out battle content that isn’t “new enough” because they have to reuse old skins, or they do something innovative like Sheoul Jail and still get ***on by the players because they have to try new things
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-16 21:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You are quite correct sir.With the exception of your first sentence.

There's a set amount of people that will do anything for dps+ literally anything.

And there's a set amount of people that like whatever square puts out, regardless.

Square can't lose.
By Vaerix 2021-05-16 21:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to see "Job Trials" that lead to enhancements, almost like the final empyrean armor quest for rune/geo. You get your job that's it. No sub/trusts and you have to come up with a way to win and then it unlocks a new ability or job defining mechanic. Corsair 3rd roll or new roll (honor March equivalent read: multiple buffs 1 roll), a new master step for dnc, and fixes for mage pup/blm on win lol.
 Valefor.Furyspawn
Server: Valefor
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2021-05-16 21:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Vaerix said: »
... fixes for mage pup/blm on win lol.

SE: We broke your job and if you want to fix it, you need to beat this difficult content that requires the fixes you don't have and are trying to get. We know BLM is in a bad spot, and in the spirit of inclusivity for a job that doesn't get taken to anything, we've made your path to playing with everyone else even harder.

Please look forward to it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-05-17 00:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Hard cap of 200 exp / kill from levels 1 ~ 99. No more leeching. No more burning. This is the "new" "job progression system". Your job progresses from 1 to 99 by actually battling enemies, making skillchains, and magic bursting. Everything old is new again. Everyone with job levels 99 already will not be affected by these changes at all.

That is all. Carry on.
By Draylo 2021-05-17 00:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the no sub job thing was interesting, but I also thought Voidwatch system was interesting at the start until people got it all mapped out for max efficiency. Everyone was bringing all kinds of jobs, I like when they come up with unique ideas like that to test us.
By Manque 2021-05-17 00:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

They did an interview with Famitsu a couple of days ago. Key messages below. Translations for meaning and not for precise nerd-rage dissection of the linguistic properties of every. single. word the devs write.

https://www.famitsu.com/news/202105/14220565.html

How have Operations/Dev work changed since a year ago given COVID-19 etc?
Matsui: Dev work is done work-from-home, but implementation and final balance checks need to be done at the office. For example, for Ambuscade V2 this month (new content), the work was done at home but people came to the office to implement it and do some balance checks. So, people come into office about 2-3 days per-month. [small talk about how they want to see teammates at the office, but it's nice to use their own monitor at home, but some people prefer the office chair at work, blah blah]

Fujito: Most of my work is done with Excel so haven't had many problems. Most challenging was the Voracious Resurgence custscene creation and battle adjustments. We've connected with some others that have helped us stabilize the environment finally now though so we are in a better condition now. [Talk about challenges posed by no organic office conversations happening. Instead, there's scheduled meetings only. May have impact on coming up with unique solutions, etc. THen again, the FFXI team is filled with veterans, so it's easier to make things happen.

Three nations paths for the Voravious Resurgence are at and. Any hints for what is next?
Fujito: there are lots of stories in Vana'diel that have not been touched upon much yet. So, while exploring those other stories, we will go deeper with the three characters (what exactly are they?!) eventually coming to a climax. We will be updating the Voracious Resurgence website to reveal some details along the way that will make you say "they're including that too?!", so please check the site out as we progress! http://www.playonline.com/ff11/resurgence/

Fujito: we want to touch upon more moments that tie up loose threads or give conclusion to certain stories.

Matsui: Story is about revealing the various backstories in Vanadiel.

Fujito: Battles have been included so far to drive players to feel connected to the story. There's nothing specific we can talk about now, but other large-scale content is being planned.

Main content right now is ODyssey, including the new Geol with all of its wonderful limitations. Can you talk more about your implementation plans?
Matsui: Odyssey is end-game. In our first discussions we thought we were going a bit too far... in terms of player limitations. But, players can still use the same set-ups if they only do one fight. If the environment is not changed, then players will simply find the most efficient set-up and stick with that. Knowing that, we wanted to bring the players a 'one rank up' experience in terms of difficulty and application of your knowledge and techniques.

Fujito: we really wanted to find a way to split up the "iron plate" (very inflexible, set composition) party structures the players are using.

I don't think there are many, if any, parties that complete multiple fights in a row. What do you think about that?
Currently it's not necessary to complete multiple fights in a row. However, we are planning to introduce content that makes it mandatory to complete multiple fights in a row in the future.
Current stage is meant to be accepting to as many as possible in whatever way they wish to participate. End contents will be more focused on careful strategizing.

The content has forced us to reevaluate the abilities and characteristics of each job.
Yes, we try and design to allow multiple different strategies to work. There are some jobs that became stronger unexpectedly in certain situations. It's up to the players to discover and find them out.

even so, this called for a lot of trial and error, especially on the part of the front-liners for dmg types etc.
Matsui: We don't try and think of enemies that require certain jobs or abilities. Instead, we think of situations. Like, 'how would you avoid tonnes of damage?'. If the situation proves too difficult, we will adjust it after we see the players try different things.

Like Timberrrrrrrr from Mboze? Was the idea there to have a PLD use rampart and then a COR 2hr to reset it?
Matsui: we didn't think of the boss requiring both of those abilities. I won't give particulars, but we thought the players would have used a different strategy. Again, we don't design it so you need certain abilities to be able to clear it.

Fujito: to avoid any misunderstanding, 'clearing' content in a stable manner is different than struggling through and barely 'defeating' content.

Matsui: In the end, we're making the content while talking about where and which job to use in the three consecutive battles, while hoping that the combination will differ depending on the party.

Fujito: To go back to timber, the players probably found that using rampart consecutively was a way of doing the content in a 'stable manner'. Even if we told you how we intended it to becleared now, you might just say, 'that's too hard!'.

You already announced you're doing all job adjustments. Give us some deets about the RNG adjustment yo.
Matsui: We planned adjustments for all jobs, but for ranged dd, we felt RNG needed more adjustment to not be left behind after adjusting the others.

We added 'hover shot' [basic explanation of ability here]. our goal was to make RNG top ranged dps and have people say, 'RNG is strong!'. This is less an 'individual adjustment' and more of a preparation for future job adjustments and empy equip.

About Nomad Bonanza?
Fujito: gave back some inventory by making it a 1 marble contest. Rank 1 prizes were 20% higher than before this round.

The new unique rank 1 prizes are attractive.
Matsui: This cost us dev resources, so hopefully they are attractive. We think it's more likely to get rank 1 this time around too.

Fujito: We thought they can't be made too good as they're only receivable via 'chance'. But, still, we also introduced other content in the past that gives comparable items (Estuceon for Kupo Shield).

Matsui: We made equipment that doesn't make it so the job cannot be played without it, just gives a boost.

Questions about selling FFXI music on iTunes. If you want the deets, Google Translate.

How is storage adjustments/expansion progressing?
Matsui: We are making progress, of course! Currently it takes a long time for inventory and items to appear so we can't simply add more bags/storage. We are working with our engineers to address this.

Fujito: when we consider expanding storage, we also have to think about other factors like, expanding usable macros/equip sets, transmission times, or transferring items to and from diff. areas without having to go through your main inventory first, item recovery rule policies if you mistakenly toss something. Lots to think about.

Fujito: We're discussing with the engineers but we have to first decide how far we'll adjust things. Once we do, there' a danger things cost more ongoing maintenance. Also, as we stated again, we have already stated publically that we CANNOT expand storage further. However, people still insist on requesting and spreading the request further and further. We ask for your understanding on this point.

Changing tracks a bit here. Assist Channel. Ain't nobody using it! What do?
Fujito: I don't think you can say it's not being used, but it certainly isn't the helpful tool we envisioned. However, the tool's power is really in the hands of the community, not on our side. We can do things like expand the areas it can be used in, but we're not sure it will be used even if we do. We want to limit our participation in the channel as that would change the role of the channel. The assist channel can be a place to ask for help or ask simple questions. We received feedback that it's hard to hold a conversation with the limits on the channel, but remember you can always use /tell or join a party.

Ahead of the 20th Anni. What do you want the focus of FFXI to be?
Matsui: The Voracious Resurgence is our main focus but we also want to release job adjustments within the year [my assumption is this means FFXI years, as in 19th year vs. 20th Anni year].

Fujito: Voracious Resurgence, Job adjustments, a concrete plan for storage, putting out any fires that come up along the way (As they inevtibly do). All leading up to the big fireworks show that the 20th Anni will be!

Matsui: now is a good time to come back. Enjoy the new missions. Help out each other on the assist channel you scrubs!
[+]
By kinkanat 2021-05-17 04:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish it would bring the evolution of the jobs as in FFI or FFIII, for example that the Paladin evolves to Knight or the Black Mage to Archmage.
And since I'm dreaming that they would put the visible layers in the new jobs O.O.

I don't think so, it would be a dream, but the evolution of the Jobs I think it could be.
By GwenStacy 2021-05-17 09:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

the storage thing makes me sad
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-05-17 09:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I really like pretty much everything they had to say about Odyssey. I just wish the playerbase wasn't so resistant to difficult content.
[+]
First Page 2 3