New Battle Content For Upcoming Job Progression?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » New battle content for upcoming job progression?
New battle content for upcoming job progression?
By SimonSes 2021-05-17 15:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Gotenn said: »
SimonSes said: »
Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
If they wanna make it more like 14 with multiple fights in a row why not do it like them and let us have the jobs we want in those fights? They're assuming players who love endgame would declare a strat they had in mind to clear it "too hard" wonder what it is. Getting hit with 3 timbers in one minute without rampart and spam curing would mean fight over I feel.

I'm like 99% sure that Mboze was suppose to be killed with SMN, tank, GEO, BST, BRD, WHM. So you have 9 targets to soak the damage.

I could see something like Tank, SMN, PUP, COR, GEO, WHM could work, PUPs have been multistepping skillchains with their pets for years and could easily break the aura.

I don't think pup is intended for that fight, because you only have blunt/piercing damage really and you need slashing. I simply doubt you would be able to kill v15 with that setup. I'm 100% sure BST is job intended for that fight. Slashing damage, killer instinct, enmity drop on pet in case of reset on tank, subtle blow, high accuracy etc.
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-05-17 18:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

We've tried BST, and the problem with that fight is that you can't give their pets Scherzo, Carol, or Fend/Barrier, so they die very fast even if you pick one resistant to earth, and then you're out of luck for a few minutes without RD/WC luck.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-05-17 18:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Gotenn said: »
In regards to storage, I feel like they added all this new gear thinking "We'll put a little bit of everything so that way people can carry just this new stuff". Instead now I just have 5 more sets of situational crap to carry with me because its situational...

So correct. I could probably get rid of a few older items due to Odyssey gear, but that's very little relief when there are many items you simply can't get rid of. Multiple job-specific capes (inventory creep BY DESIGN), JSE necks for all your jobs, relic armor that is always gonna be important for JA activation... you aren't getting rid of those. And now most serious players are likely going to want at least a few of the T3 Gaol sets + Nyame + a few Odyssey weapons. That's just a painful inventory strain for anybody other than people who play like... 2 jobs only.

Odyssey's design only exacerbates the problems. People can't contribute to a 3-wave Odyssey if different jobs are required/encouraged for each fight, which S-E seems to be saying is going to become more of a factor. And good luck if your friends have any overlap in jobs that they enjoy (oh, you both play DRK? TOO BAD one of you has to do something else). So people really need to have 4-5+ jobs available to actually fit into this kind of event design. And then we're back to that many jobs meaning inventory becomes unwieldy.

A lot of the modern gear being unable to be stored on porter slips (due to RP?) or even sent to mules is a further kick in the teeth. Odyssey armor/weapons, UNM augmented items, JSE necks and capes... For JSE armor sets and Ambuscade armor you can at least use Porter Moogles (as clunky as that system is... and ugh having to hold porter slips in ACTUAL INVENTORY to use it). But the non-Porter gear is quickly overwhelming those options.

TBH, I wish they had a "job specific" inventory bag that can only be read when you're on that job. At least then I could have a place to dump my 15 AF/Relic/Empy armors, JSE neck, multiple JSE capes, job-exclusive weapons, single job Su3 gear (yep, of course they had to make those so limited that some sets are one job only...), and a handful of items I use specifically for that job. At least that'd free up my wardrobes for these multi-job sets like the Odyssey armors, abjuration stuff, multi-job accessories, etc.

IDK the answer, but damn do they need to do it quick. They really needed to sort that out BEFORE dumping all this extra Odyssey gear on us.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-05-17 18:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
We've tried BST, and the problem with that fight is that you can't give their pets Scherzo, Carol, or Fend/Barrier, so they die very fast even if you pick one resistant to earth, and then you're out of luck for a few minutes without RD/WC luck.

Yeah I was about to reply to the earlier post saying maybe you could use a DRG in that kind of setup too... then I remembered oh yeah, that's gonna last for mere seconds before I'm out a wyvern. BST is similarly rough. So there's two jobs out of viable contention.

Your options there are really only PUP (a little better due to 1min Deus ex Automata), GEO, and SMN as the only options with truly "disposable" pets.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-05-17 18:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

PUP with Overdrive up and COR rolls was WSing for like what, 5k? 6k? Lulz.

Anyway my problem with Odyssey gear in relation to "freeing up space" is the job association on those sets.
Not talking about Nyame of course.
Many of the Odyssey sets (full sets or single pieces) can indeed replace some of the old pieces, but the problem is that the job lists is different.
So it might replace old pieces for say job1 and job2, but not for job3, meaning you're not gaining inventory space at all, you're actually losing it.

On one hand I'm glad they tried to go for some new and original combination of jobs.
On the other hand it creates issues with replacing old gear, sadly.
 Bahamut.Balduran
Server: Bahamut
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-05-18 01:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Cesil said: »
The inventory loading slow really needs to be fixed. After I zone I can't even chat in my linkshell for 30 seconds. ><

A mild remedy for this would be to keep your linkpearl in your inventory instead of mog sack/satchel/case, that'll shave down about 20 seconds.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2021-05-18 03:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I do know that Spirit Link transfers buffs to the wyvern. Are Scherzo and Carol ineligible for that transfer?

Obviously won't work with Fend and Barrier, but if the defensive songs do transfer, that's a point in DRG's favor.
By SimonSes 2021-05-18 05:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Manque said: »
The new unique rank 1 prizes are attractive.
Matsui: This cost us dev resources, so hopefully they are attractive. We think it's more likely to get rank 1 this time around too.

Fujito: We thought they can't be made too good as they're only receivable via 'chance'. But, still, we also introduced other content in the past that gives comparable items (Estuceon for Kupo Shield).

Matsui: We made equipment that doesn't make it so the job cannot be played without it, just gives a boost.

Questions about selling FFXI music on iTunes. If you want the deets, Google Translate.

This definitely doesn't sound like they plan to add them outside of Bonanza :/
 Asura.Panasync
By Asura.Panasync 2021-05-18 06:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
This definitely doesn't sound like they plan to add them outside of Bonanza :/

I'm entirely in agreement with you, that said, SE has stated so many things with some sort of finality only to either reverse position completely later on, or address it with pseudo versions that are slightly weaker as a compromise.

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility we get some sort of Octave Club versions of the Kraken prizes, or they do add them as a .00000000001% in either AMAN or similar new event in the future, or simply as a .000000000000000001% drop on an upcoming NM.

I'm not actually remotely optimistic with either of those scenarios myself. I'm much more with you, I don't think it's remotely likely to happen, but I felt it was at least worth noting.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-05-18 06:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

They compare the escutcheons, which were by all measures superior to the prize rewards. So, it's possible new and better items will be available via gameplay.

Still, it's pretty disappointing to see that they would lock potentially BiS items(looking at NIN one in particular, though quite a few seem to be situationally worthwhile) behind a bonanza. It's completely out of touch with the playerbase's need to be impeccably geared.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-18 07:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just money. Desperately want but can't get. Unobtainium.

But if you keep subbed... someday... The juiciest carrot, the one none of your friends can have. The biggest *** enhancer can be yours.
[+]
By Mattelot 2021-05-18 07:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's just money. Desperately want but can't get. Unobtainium.

But if you keep subbed... someday... The juiciest carrot, the one none of your friends can have. The biggest *** enhancer can be yours.

This did make me lol. Considering how long I've played and how many people I've seen go to extremes just to have something nobody they know has only to flaunt it and find out nobody cares.
By Gambits 2021-05-18 08:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Because that worked great with ambuscade "B-tier" weapons...it's only a matter of time until they "accidentally" add a Naegling behind this paywall..."It's not pay2win guyes!".

They are trying so hard to add any form of micro-transactions after the unbelievable success they have with it in FF14, they are treading very carefully with this, and doing it slowly and indirectly through subscriptions value (sub money to have access to lootbox Mog Bonanza/A.M.A.N. Trove!).