Overdue QOL Updates.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Overdue QOL updates.
Overdue QOL updates.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-04-13 08:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »

The way people do it right now is a bug, so bringing it up might get them to fix the bug instead of anything else.

Lol what. Stronger songs overwriting weaker ones is not a bug.
By RadialArcana 2021-04-13 08:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

They don't let you sing 4 songs (without the harp) unless you have 4 dummy songs on already right? I don't play bard but that's how I was told it works.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-04-13 08:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, but overwriting the weak unbuffed dummy songs is not a bug, it is a basic mechanic of how buff priorities have worked forever.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-13 08:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, I think the original rationale was extra songs SHOULD be sung in extra song equipment (that's why it has duration so it can't be overwritten)

Except that doesn't work for obvious reasons and they weren't smart enough to code songs properly so we get imbalanced bard instead.

Then they just decide to let it go until someone brings it up and then they "fix it".
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2021-04-13 08:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So? That doesn't mean it's a bug for you to be able to overwrite 4songs with a non-4song instrument.

And it's not stronger songs, it's the song with the lowest duration that gets overwritten or the song itself in the case of resinging the same song.

currently it's something like::
Code
Singing song

if have song then
    overwrite song
else if have songSlots then
    add song
else
    overwrite lowest duration

And since the devs haven't touched this yet despite the fact it's been in the game for years, we kinda have to assume it's the intended behavior.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-13 08:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not safe to assume anything is working correctly regardless how long it has worked that way.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-04-13 08:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I know very little about bard, I just said that I was going to suggest on the official forums to allow the other REMA instruments to be able to sing 4 songs. Maybe from a quest that was completed by owning the 4 song harp or something.

I didn't because I wasn't sure if it was a bug or not. In my head you should not be able to overwrite songs in slot 3 and 4 unless you're using the 4 song harp that unlocks slot 3 and 4.

Don't get my wrong, I'm happy how it works I just didn't wanna ruin it by pointing it out there.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-04-13 10:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It's kind of odd to me they keep wanting to add more mog wardrobes and not just give us more base storage.
You serious?? Now why do you think SE would rather add more $2/month wardrobes instead of free inventory? I just cant think of any reason why a for-profit company would rather make you pay for something instead of giving it for free.

I thought about suggesting that on the official forums, then I considered that the developers maybe didn't intend for you to be able to get 4 fully buffed songs. The idea in my mind was always to have your fully augmented songs or use the harp that lets you get weaker versions of of 3 and 4.

The way people do it right now is possibly* a bug, so bringing it up might get them to fix the bug instead of anything else.

*rewrote this post a bit

Are you new to FFXI? You must be knew, because they wont "fix" the bug, they will render it useless, and say "its fixed".
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2021-04-13 11:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

They need to make the sub job menu actually work. It's like I'm trying to do a puzzle trying to figure out what sub I need to change to first that'll let me change to the sub that I actually want
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-04-13 11:47:02
Link | Quote | Reply

There is an add-on to change jobs you may want to try out
https://docs.windower.net/addons/jobchange/
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-04-13 13:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
There is an add-on to change jobs you may want to try out
https://docs.windower.net/addons/jobchange/

Oh lovely, an easier way to abuse Entrust in the lobby and save 15+ seconds in the process.

edit: Just tested this in the Gaol lobby, it doesn't work (yet). Any plans to update this?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-04-13 16:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Look at lines 44 and 45 of the lua and make necessary changes.

local mog_zones = S { 'Selbina', 'Mhaura', 'Tavnazian Safehold', 'Nashmau', 'Rabao', 'Kazham', 'Norg'}
local moogles = S { 'Moogle', 'Nomad Moogle', 'Green Thumb Moogle' }
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-04-13 16:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Look at lines 44 and 45 of the lua and make necessary changes.

local mog_zones = S { 'Selbina', 'Mhaura', 'Tavnazian Safehold', 'Nashmau', 'Rabao', 'Kazham', 'Norg'}
local moogles = S { 'Moogle', 'Nomad Moogle', 'Green Thumb Moogle' }

Nice it worked

local mog_zones = S { 'Selbina', 'Mhaura', 'Tavnazian Safehold', 'Nashmau', 'Rabao', 'Kazham', 'Norg', 'Walk of Echoes [P1]', 'Walk of Echoes [P2]'}
local moogles = S { 'Moogle', 'Nomad Moogle', 'Green Thumb Moogle', 'Pilgrim Moogle' }
By snakeplisken 2021-04-13 17:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Make omen mats 100k instead of 1 mil.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2021-04-13 17:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

The way people do it right now is a bug, so bringing it up might get them to fix the bug instead of anything else.

Lol what. Stronger songs overwriting weaker ones is not a bug.

It was pretty obvious he probably mean it was an unwanted/unplanned situation from the devs and didn't actually mean a code bug
By Shichishito 2021-04-13 17:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

snakeplisken said: »
Make omen mats 100k instead of 1 mil.
to tone down high priced NPC material costs is a reasonable request since they were determined when gil had a lot lower value.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-04-13 17:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop removing buffs on merit BC fight entrances. Its only 10 seconds, but theres no reason for me to need to recast pro/shell/reraise every fight.

And get rid of the skip event option...yes we want to skip event, we want to skip event every time.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-13 17:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a tough one. That exists because prebuffing is broken.

They aren't smart enough to make it work for certain buffs. It's all or nothing.
By DaneBlood 2021-04-13 18:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop removing buffs on merit BC fight entrances. Its only 10 seconds, but theres no reason for me to need to recast pro/shell/reraise every fight.

And get rid of the skip event option...yes we want to skip event, we want to skip event every time.

SE makes an automatic select skip event options
but you have to toogle it on everytime you zone...
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-04-13 20:35:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
That's a tough one. That exists because prebuffing is broken.

They aren't smart enough to make it work for certain buffs. It's all or nothing.
Buffs dont wear off from Phobos Orb battles though, I just checked my logs from last month to be sure.

Its from the level restriction buff thats placed on the character, but theres no need for a level restriction buff when the fight is uncapped. Sure you can make the argument that no ones pre-buffing for KC30, but no ones pre-buffing for SKC20 or HTMB either.

DaneBlood said: »
SE makes an automatic select skip event options
but you have to toogle it on everytime you zone...
What is this?!? I never heard of this!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-13 20:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It used to be the meta. Take a brd and cor mules and prebuff so you didn't have to waste the party slot on them.

Prebuff everything. Never about need but want. Then they slapped those unnecessary level cap status on to stop that.

It kinda doesn't matter now though, just like most of the ***they do. It mattered now it doesn't. it's also unsurprising that there are orbs where they forgot to do it, consistently inconsistent.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-04-13 22:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

That makes even less sense since Phobos was introduced in 2011, Macrocosmic in 2013. Its probably a lazy code copy/paste since Phobos BCNM's were new ones, whereas Macro Orb's are ilvl version of 60 cap.
 Asura.Taberif
user: Taberif
By Asura.Taberif 2021-04-13 23:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

treasure pool in timed instances should force-clear treasure pool at 1sec remaining or transfer pool to the zone-out.
[+]
By Manque 2021-04-14 00:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Remove warp ring and give warp to all jobs on the same timer; reduced timer for BLM.

2. Exchange copper vouchers for chocobucks.

3. Remove distance/time of day conditions for coalition surveys.

4. Remove unity ranking and change-up unity trusts to encourage more variety in unities selected.

5. Store seals/+2 items with Joachim.
[+]
By Thunderjet 2021-04-14 05:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

give me the option to put 11 items in the auction house in my final fantasy 11!
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-04-14 12:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Taberif said: »
treasure pool in timed instances should force-clear treasure pool at 1sec remaining or transfer pool to the zone-out.
I dont think this would be doable without breaking the game.

But a simpler change with less game breaking effects would be to despawn all mobs when the timer is up and give 5 minutes in the area. Either that, or add 5 minutes to every instance, and when it hits 5 minutes remaining, all mobs despawn. Same idea, different method.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2021-04-14 16:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Make all pre 99 content pop items stackable to 99 and sellable/trade able, just like all the post 99 content pop items for the most part are.

Boom, inventory +billions, across all servers.
[+]
By Lecureuil 2021-04-14 16:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Let automaton oils stack to 99 ;_;
[+]
By DaneBlood 2021-04-14 19:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

What is this?!? I never heard of this!

Sorry probably buthchered the lanuaga trying to make a a joke

i was implying that if SE makes a togle it would reset on zone. you zone after every fight making it unuseable