Overdue QOL Updates.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Overdue QOL updates.
Overdue QOL updates.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2021-04-14 19:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

palermoffxi said: »
Tarutaru strip clubs.

No Cap on merits for jobs - should be able to 5/5 everything

20 AH slots to sell stuff

Delete Odyssey and make real endgame content

More alliance content

Better Monthly campaigns and daily rewards

Roadmaps on updates

Provide content every patch
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2021-04-14 20:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

official bots.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-04-14 20:52:03
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
They don't let you sing 4 songs (without the harp) unless you have 4 dummy songs on already right? I don't play bard but that's how I was told it works.
This is 1 style of putting up 4 songs.

The other is putting up 2 strong songs(GHorn/Aeonic), then switch to harp apply 2 weak songs, then redo the 2 weak songs using Ghorn(or w/e you have better).

Both have merits depending on the fight style/conditions (death, jas, etc).

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I mean, I think the original rationale was extra songs SHOULD be sung in extra song equipment (that's why it has duration so it can't be overwritten)

Except that doesn't work for obvious reasons and they weren't smart enough to code songs properly so we get imbalanced bard instead.

Then they just decide to let it go until someone brings it up and then they "fix it".
This really holds no weight. At the same time the harp was being released SE released a bunch of farmable +3 Instruments and gave us Emp gear with +1 to certain songs. for 30 to 40% bonus. Also they added the Empy Body (Aoidos' Hongreline +2) which gave a 10% Boost. So even if you didn't feel like farming the new superior instruments and wanted to keep rocking your +2 Ghorn you wouldn't have had a problem overwriting.

90 Emp harp was only a 25% duration boost.
99 is 30% So still would of allowed to be over written.

I believe the duration bonus was really added for AoE Sleeps since String aka Harps increase range.

Edit: They also added Aoidos' Matinee (BRD Aby Necklace) at the same time for another 10% duration bonus.
We already had 75 Mythic for 10% but they had already started the upgrade for even more duration at level 80 (20%), soon after 85 (30%) etc
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-14 21:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean if you think about it logically it makes no sense.

If they intended extra songs to be overwritten then they would've gave extra songs on gear instead of tying it to an instrument.

not that anything has ever made logical sense, just that I would bet it wasn't originally intended.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-04-14 21:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean if you think about it logically it makes no sense.

If they intended extra songs to be overwritten then they would've gave extra songs on gear instead of tying it to an instrument.
Not if they wanted it to be extra work to fully utilize those extra songs.

Edit: Knowing SE back then they were all for making ***harder for no real reason then to make it harder. Still seen today but to a much lesser extent.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-14 21:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It isn't any extra work though, it's literally just sing it again

I mean technically that IS infact extra. but not like extra.

....and being that you can do "that" to hold clarion call forever (zone), you can't really still think that's intentional, and if that isn't intentional then it wasn't intentional to overwrite songs 3 and 4 either.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-04-14 21:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It isn't any extra work though, it's literally just sing it again
But that IS extra work and back then we weren't rocking 11+ minute songs so keeping a full rotation up between different party members was a full time job and if you let one song slip for years you then would/could start having a cascading effect because now you got to get that dummy back up and rewrite to full strength.
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-04-14 22:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
official bots.
More Trusts??
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-04-15 03:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I want a confirmation when selecting a NM in Ody. If you don't have V-levels you can very easily misclick.
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-04-15 03:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd also very much so like a homepoint added near the AH in Rabao. We got one in Norg near the AH. Gimmie one near the Rabao one lol.
[+]
 Valefor.Furyspawn
Server: Valefor
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2021-04-15 08:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Trusts should persist through zoning, like DRG's wvvern.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-04-15 08:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Furyspawn said: »
Trusts should persist through zoning, like DRG's wvvern.

They should really too, since the code seems to be based on adventuring fellow and they did stay when you zone.
By Taint 2021-04-15 09:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

official bots.

FFXIV has them. I haven't played in years but you make little AH buddies that you send off to gather materials for you each day. You get gil and items.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2021-04-15 09:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
official bots.

FFXIV has them. I haven't played in years but you make little AH buddies that you send off to gather materials for you each day. You get gil and items.

I wouldn't really classify Retainers or Ventures as that. Predominately because they aren't out in the game world potentially interfering with other players. Ventures also have a (minor) cost associated with them. It's a lot more akin to something like Mog Garden furrows in XI.
[+]
By Mattelot 2021-04-15 09:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Isiolia said: »
Predominately because they aren't out in the game world potentially interfering with other players.

Isiolia is right and this statement is the key. Retainers do not nor ever have broken the game for anyone or caused disturbances.
 Sylph.Cossack
Server: Sylph
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2021-04-17 11:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ketsui said: »
A PVP request from Sylph? Who are you gonna PVP on a dead server?
I'm on Asura now.
Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
Sylph.Cossack said: »
1. All abyssea zones should be pvp as soon as you leave the entrance area.

Isn't it obvious? Anyone doing Chloris or Glavoid pops. '-')
Actually I'm doing trials however, making a zone where players had a lot of hp in relation to damage dealt/ damage received, then considering that to make empyreans you have to be able to effectively farm in a pvp zone, lastly the inclusion of atmas to bring diversity to the field. How isn't this a capital idea?
By Shichishito 2021-04-17 23:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

save any home points, survival books, odyssey warps and all those types of teleport options you already collected on the server.
finding out next ambu rotation that you have to grab that random book warp in caedarva mire again for the 3rd time cause your macros bugged out and you had to load a backup gets kinda old.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-04-17 23:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

...wut?
By Draylo 2021-04-17 23:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sneak overwriting itself
[+]