2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Iron Giant Ambuscade V1
Iron Giant Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Serjero 2022-11-10 18:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh you were referring to the old strat, yeah no that ain't gonna do at all now. I was just thinking about the new strat where you zerg one down to deactivation then Zerg phys down immediately. I just wasn't sure on the evasion/shadows requirement since I always just did it w/ RNG and 2 COR previously. Unfortunate was hoping to break out Farsha WAR for some Mistral/Cloudsplitter action but I guess it'll be nice to use NIN on something outside of W3 Dyna.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-11-10 19:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Serjero said: »
SimonSes said: »
Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Give it time the savage blade drgs and wars on the way home from work.

The fight might be 3min longer, but with completely different strategy than before. You cant even use DRGs and WARs for old strategy, because they would have all buffs dispelled pretty fast. It was either ranged damage or NINs. Also NIN trashes WAR in term of Savage Blade DPS anyway (at least as long as you don't have accuracy problems with Hitaki or WAR doesn't get Haste Samba from DNC).

You'd be going /NIN anyways and can just use Ferangu or Kclub for WAR or DRG respectively. Pretty sure either of those will be fine. Not sure on the difference Daken makes compared to WAR DA builds. But DRG K.club should still win no? Hard to say since you're already pushing max DMG on WS anyways at that point it's just a race for TP. Unless I'm missing something about why NIN magically won't get dispelled (beyond having more shadows than it can hold).

Your WS will be SUPER far from being Max dmg (I assume you meant 99999?). They take 33% physical damage, Savage from DRG will do like 25k if you do old strategy. /NIN is not enough for old strategy, you have 2 giants next to each other both spamming Dispel TP move. You need NIN main for enough shadows to deal with it. Anything /nin (beside maybe THF with enough evasion?) will lose shadows too fast and get dispelled or do nothing but recasting shadows.

Just a quick response and I'll leave this thread alone.

Beat this Ambuscade the last time it came around (this was with the Regen mechanic added in) as DRK, BRD mule, RDM, COR, GEO mule. DRK on physical, RDM and COR on magical. Push one to shutdown and just swap back and forth. Was an 8 minute fight on VD. 3 extra minutes brings that 11, you could even argue 12 minutes getting used to the fight. With refined tacts that time will be brought down.

The 33% really isn't that big a deal, getting to the first shut down is all you have to do... the remainder of the fight gets easier from there.
 Ragnarok.Zabitaru
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zabimaru
By Ragnarok.Zabitaru 2022-11-11 12:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
This fight was a joke the last time it came around. It'll be even easier with current Gaol/Sortie gear...

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
Except we hit harder now than the last time this was out. The fight will be 2-3 minutes longer at most. Oh the horror...

Shitposting at its finest here folks. The fight is way more annoying because you have to do what you were trying to avoid doing in the old fight to keep it smooth. 2-3 extra minutes is horror. That's exactly how long it took my group to beat VD lamias last month and most of that was buffing. That's what ambuscade should be, 2-3 minute runs, because we're not trying to spend our lives in there. Spamming the same fight over and over gets real old quick, 2-3 minute fights makes the reward acceptable. If that fight is now 13 minutes, that's a ton of time wasted to get the same amount of points/gil.
By kinkanat 2022-11-18 13:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys, this is frustrating, many of us are finding that it is becoming almost impossible.

I have tried with 2 nins, but not enough damage is being done neither magically nor physically.

I have tried with cors and rngs, with mithics and well equipped, alternating last stand/leaden salute/Truflight and not enough damage either.

Also the hate reset is absolutely insane and makes the battle uncontrollable.

I've watched some videos and I don't know how they do it but they do more damage than I've seen them do in all my attempts at DV.

Anyone else in this situation? Any advice?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-18 13:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It is impossible. To fail. It's just really slow and sucky.

Be moar better.

All you can glean from the post is your people aren't as good as they think they are.

hate resets every unfreeze, it's very easy to anticipate. Other than that it's brainless with todays gear. The only worry at all should be getting weaknessed by red, then immediately freezing him and getting manafonted by blue.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-11-18 13:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zabitaru said: »
If that fight is now 13 minutes, that's a ton of time wasted to get the same amount of points/gil.

At least on Asura, the prices of mats have all gone up because nobody is doing the ambu. S&D.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-11-18 14:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Try dropping a tier?
I know i know , “REEEEE VD OR BUST ANYTHING ELSE IS A WASTE OF TIME”. How much time are you wasting taking longer / failing to beat VD vs D?
By SimonSes 2022-11-21 02:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2022-11-21 03:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

That guy never ceases to amaze me.
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-11-21 06:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH/PLD, why didn't we think of that? It was right in front of us this entire time!
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2022-11-21 06:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

smart barstewards
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-11-21 08:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
SCH/PLD, why didn't we think of that? It was right in front of us this entire time!

I thought I was high when I saw him swap to a shield to Shield Bash.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-11-21 08:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

We've been able to win consistently, but it takes a good WHM and DD's who know what they are doing. Turbine Cyclone sucks pretty badly and the DD's need to be good at moving out of range or having shadows up to block the dispel.
By macsdf1 2022-11-21 09:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »

so smart, and we've been doing it with 2 tanks haha, when u could sch/pld!
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2022-11-21 09:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow!
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-11-21 17:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

SE: "Time to reduce the DT even further"
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-11-21 17:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Damaging the iron giants is really easy, they take massive damage after their first phase. It's surviving the AoE dispels and various status effects that sucks.
By Veydal1 2022-11-21 21:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone clarify the big thing about shield bash? Have only been going in for my weekly seal this month so far. Otherwise, it looks like they just have melee focusing on the blue giant and SC + MB on the red?

Edit: Taking another look at it, thinking I'm just whooshing bad lol. I take it it's just the fact the SCH can act as a tank with /PLD? Helping streamline a setup and avoid bringing 2 dedicated tanks as another poster mentioned above.
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-11-22 06:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

He uses /PLD for Flash/Sentinel/Shield Bash for the purpose of cementing hate on himself, yeah.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-11-22 08:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Veydal1 said: »
Can someone clarify the big thing about shield bash? Have only been going in for my weekly seal this month so far. Otherwise, it looks like they just have melee focusing on the blue giant and SC + MB on the red?

Edit: Taking another look at it, thinking I'm just whooshing bad lol. I take it it's just the fact the SCH can act as a tank with /PLD? Helping streamline a setup and avoid bringing 2 dedicated tanks as another poster mentioned above.

Don't need two tanks, one tank can hold both as you swap back and forth. Each time you deal 15% to one it'll shut down and the other becomes vulnerable, after they've each done this once they both start taking massive damage. So DD + COR use physical on the first one until it shuts down, then quickly switch to the second and form a SC, preferably a distortion -> leaden which will shut down the second in one or two goes. Switch back to the first and use physical WS's, they should now start taking that 600% massive damage causing them to shutdown almost instantly. Whole fight is finished in a few intense minutes.

The healer has it rough as they need to counter the status effects, the DD + COR team need to run out whenever Turbine Cyclone gets charged and run back in after to prevent buffs from being wiped. Don't feed more TP the necessary. Being able to communicate and move as a team is the real challenge, so anyone who just rolls their face on the keyboard to play will struggle.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-11-28 17:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
the DD + COR team need to run out whenever Turbine Cyclone gets charged and run back in after to prevent buffs from being wiped
End of the month and I'm finding out you have enough time to run from Turbine, fml.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-28 17:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Could've swore I said it somewhere but that was my strat the first time. Just walk away from turbine. It was never an issue.

Some things should be obvious. Slow tp moves (I) always just walk away from lol.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-11-28 17:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
the DD + COR team need to run out whenever Turbine Cyclone gets charged and run back in after to prevent buffs from being wiped
End of the month and I'm finding out you have enough time to run from Turbine, fml.

Yes it's got a crazy long windup animation, though don't be too far to run it, it's still deadly for about a second or two after the "completes" message hits the log. Wait for the spinning wind animation to finish before getting closer then 11 yalms.
Code
["Blazenought"]={
        ["Turbine Cyclone"]={
            ["complete_reaction"]="runto 11", 
            ["ready_reaction"]="runaway 11"
        }, 
        ["Seismic Impact"]={
        }
    },
    ["Frostnought"]={
        ["Turbine Cyclone"]={
        }, 
        ["Seismic Impact"]={
        }
    },
By Draylo 2022-12-04 06:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

Yes it's got a crazy long windup animation, though don't be too far to run it, it's still deadly for about a second or two after the "completes" message hits the log. Wait for the spinning wind animation to finish before getting closer then 11 yalms.
Code
["Blazenought"]={
        ["Turbine Cyclone"]={
        }, 
        ["Seismic Impact"]={
        }
    },
    ["Frostnought"]={
        ["Turbine Cyclone"]={
        }, 
        ["Seismic Impact"]={
        }
    },

This code is wrong if you gonna do it that way, you need to change "runto 11" to runto 5" on completion.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-04 10:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It's left as it is so you don't run back in too fast. If you go back to 5 right when react would, you'll get hit.

(Is what he's saying, Iunno if true)
By Draylo 2022-12-04 10:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

That is called when the action is complete. All that does is the character will just sit out of range.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-04 10:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

At which point you manually run in. (it's redundant but he probably doesn't know you can just leave complete blank)

If you're botting it you set the runto far enough so that upon complete it's safe to runback.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8