Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Iron Giant Ambuscade V1
Iron Giant Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2021-11-16 08:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

People had been using hybrids since brews were a thing. It's just that we didn't have the gear and buffs to support it outside of that application.
 Odin.Demhar
Server: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-11-16 11:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Kikomizuhara said: »
Odin.Demhar said: »

RNG/DRG ML20
Stack 25
Buffs: BRD: HM Min x3 COR: Chaos/Sam
few tweaks and 99k reachable for Detonator

Nice what gear you using for those? R20 ikenga?
Just the Ikenga body

Updated: 99k Detonator
[+]
 Asura.Alseyn
Server: Asura
user: Alseyn
By Asura.Alseyn 2021-11-16 13:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I seem to recall (I can't remember where) that the Tenzen bow is 100TP bonus and that it's a typo.

This jumped out at me because it would have been a typo for a long time, so I checked the JP wiki. It says that the description used to say "TP Bonus +100" to be consistent with old items like Magian weapons, and the +100 stood for +100 percent. It also notes that the weapon came in ahead of the changes to TP display in the June 17, 2014 version update, and ever since then has been confusing players with its description.

Edit: My bad, I misread the line. It was saying that Magian weapons still had "TP Bonus +100" at the time but Hangaku was added with "TP Bonus +1000" before those weapons were updated.
Basically, the 4-figure TP value predated the change to TP display, as Hangaku was added a couple months before the change was implemented.
By Kikomizuhara 2021-11-23 22:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Liking rng rng cor tank heals brd for this. Can be around 6min kills.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By macsdf1 2021-11-24 13:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

we're doing run, rng, cor , cor, brd, rdm for this.
rng solos the frost, cors on flame. rdm debuffs and flurry, heals as needed.

2 cors means 4 rolls, and lots of RD as needed
 Asura.Cambion
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2021-11-24 16:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Don't know what the text says, and its probably a lower difficulty, but this guy isn't keeping them close in % and they seem to freeze after a certain point? Then he swaps targets to repeat the process. What causes the freezing, just a dmg threshold? Apparently the en-silence on attacks is something new too.

I just returned a few days ago, but my mentality on Dancer is always the same; I assume I can solo anything, until proven otherwise.

I knew (know) nothing about this fight. I hopped into Easy, and it's pretty straight forward fight. Until I read the response to your post, I was unaware there was any damage reduction mechanics at all. I thought the only trick was keeping their HP close.

I went Dnc/Sam, Sylvie(Geo), KoH(Rdm), Qultada(Cor), Ulmia(Brd), and Cherukiki(Whm). I burst one down, swap, repeat, until dead. They do regen a decent amount while in the 'frozen' state, but I didn't really know a way around that. I haven't run into any issues yet, and everything is fairly smooth in full dps gear with haste samba. Always have tank gear and fan dance if needed.

I have tried Normal, but Amnesia is the death of Dnc. I plan to try /nin and see if I can avoid amnesia.

Personally, I think most solid DDs that can Self Skillchain, can solo Easy with trusts.

Quick Tests:
I tanked both, unfrozen, and only used Aoelien Edge. Blaze takes exactly 1/10th of the damage that the Frost took. (EG 988 AE on Frost, was 98 on Blaze)

I tried Dnc/Rdm and Enthunder 2... about 16 dmg a hit, and they just wipe the buff anyways, lol. Still won but not feasible.

I tried Dnc/Run with runs, it does about 20dmg a hit, and it doubles when the other is frozen.

Neither of these was more beneficial than DPS subs though.
 Odin.Demhar
Server: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-11-25 15:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

1 RNG is good enough for Frost. CORx2 on Blaze is def better with rolls. If taking rdm or geo sub SCH for Voidstorm, it helps.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [347 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-07 05:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump for the Buscade. Rejoice, ninjars, you have a use, again, for 10 minutes.

Quote:
The iron giant battle has been adjusted to increase damage while they are in certain modes, and at Difficult the duration of the status ailments inflicted by the iron giants has been decreased.

If you do the update and log in before the windower team updates the resources you will see the incorrect TP move names. They know. It happens every single time. Just launch windower again to fix it.

Quote:
Blazenought’s magic damage taken when it is the only foe active has been increased from 250% to 300%.

Frostnought’s physical damage taken when it is the only foe active has been increased from 250% to 300%.

Blazenought’s magic damage taken during the period of time after the message “The magical energies dissipate” is displayed has been increased from 400% to 600%

Frostnought’s physical damage taken during the period of time after the message “The magical energies dissipate” is displayed has been increased from 400% to 600%

The amount of physical and magic damage taken by foes when both Frostnought and Blazenought are active has been reduced.

Blazenought
Physical damage taken: From 50% to 33%.
Magical damage taken: From 150% to 33%.
Frostnought
Physical damage taken: From 150% to 33%.
Magic damage taken: From 50% to 33%.

The damage modifier and debuff duration of the following abilities used by Blazenought and Frostnought on Difficulty have been decreased.

Seismic Impact / Fire Arm Cannon / Eradicator / Ice Incinerator / Ballistic Double Kick / Scapula Beam
Damage modifier: From 1.0x to 0.75x.
 Asura.Alseyn
user: Alseyn
By Asura.Alseyn 2022-11-07 07:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Going by what the Japanese notice says, it looks like "increase damage" means "increase damage you deal to the iron giants" here.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-10 00:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

They kinda made this one, shittier for sure.

Reduced damage while both active, but increased while the opposite is terrored. But the best strats left them both active, unfortunate.

Do 1/5th the damage and spam shadows, or do 1/6th more damage but eat constant terror.
By Rips 2022-11-10 00:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this the one where people threw a tanking pup in the middle of the giants and had some corsairs shoot the giants off to the side?
By SimonSes 2022-11-10 02:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Rips said: »
Is this the one where people threw a tanking pup in the middle of the giants and had some corsairs shoot the giants off to the side?

With those changes, it will now take 4.5x longer to execute this strategy, so I doubt it will be optimal now.
[+]
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2022-11-10 04:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you deactivate them?
By SimonSes 2022-11-10 04:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jokes said: »
How do you deactivate them?

You get them more than 15%HP apart, then one get terrorized(deactivated and get huge regen on N+) and other gets access to all other tp moves and 2hr(?). So you will need to deal with all the TP moves now and bounce from one unterrored to other it seems. Cheese them with RNG/CORs would take a long time now I think, but it's probably still an option for bis players willing to spend probably like 15-20+ minutes? Idk what was the fastest clear time for RNG+COR, but you need to multiply it by 4.5

On the other hand tho, with addition of Hover shot, maybe it wouldn't be that bad in the end.
 Asura.Jokes
By Asura.Jokes 2022-11-10 04:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the info. Sounds like a pain. Was planning on double double NIN strat
By SimonSes 2022-11-10 04:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jokes said: »
Thanks for the info. Sounds like a pain. Was planning on double double NIN strat

I mean it should still work, but would take like 20+ minutes? :)

Also since both of them now takes 33% physical and magic damage, there is no need to do physical damage to one and magical to other. You can just use 2x savage blade NINs I guess.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-11-10 07:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

This fight was a joke the last time it came around. It'll be even easier with current Gaol/Sortie gear...
By SimonSes 2022-11-10 07:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
This fight was a joke the last time it came around. It'll be even easier with current Gaol/Sortie gear...

I think you missed the part when they changed 150% damage taken to 33% damage taken. You will do 4.5 times less damage now. Even assuming power creep it will be like 4 times less at least. Best bet now for old strategy is probably 2x Hover shot RNGs going all out. Could maybe finish in some reasonable time frame.
 Asura.Jokes
By Asura.Jokes 2022-11-10 07:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone tried it yet?
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-11-10 09:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

I think you missed the part when they changed 150% damage taken to 33% damage taken. You will do 4.5 times less damage now. Even assuming power creep it will be like 4 times less at least. Best bet now for old strategy is probably 2x Hover shot RNGs going all out. Could maybe finish in some reasonable time frame.

Except we hit harder now than the last time this was out. The fight will be 2-3 minutes longer at most. Oh the horror...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Jokes
By Asura.Jokes 2022-11-10 11:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Won with this strat too but its utter chaos.

Edit: Best we've done is 12.5 minutes but it's sloppy
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-11-10 12:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Except we hit harder now than the last time this was out. The fight will be 2-3 minutes longer at most. Oh the horror...

Narrator: The fight was not 2-3 minutes longer at most.

I didnt see any turbine after shutting down one of the IC's.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-11-10 12:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

Narrator: The fight was not 2-3 minutes longer at most.

I didnt see any turbine after shutting down one of the IC's.
Give it time the savage blade drgs and wars on the way home from work.
 Asura.Jokes
By Asura.Jokes 2022-11-10 13:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Started with NIN COR RDM BRD PLD WHM for a few runs then switched the NIN for another RDM.

We won but not having the NIN to provoke at the start was a bit of a pain. Any DD can take the NIN’s spot with shadows. 12 minute win with WAR/NIN.

Can’t see much room to swap out the other jobs. Maybe RDM isn’t needed.

But we were 3 people multiboxing 2 guys each so it could probably be done better.

As long as the pld times flash/voke/JA for when the blue one wakes up it’s a pretty easy fight. The knockback and terror are lame though.
By SimonSes 2022-11-10 17:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You hit harder by how much? 10-20%?
One was taking 150% damage from physical, other from magic. You had COR doing magic to one and rng physical to other. Now they take 33% physical and magical damage. Is it that hard to understand math?
The only damage that was significantly boosted are Hover shot RNGs. 2x Hover shot RNGs, one on each Giant, going all out is the only way I can see old strategy of keeping their HP withing 15% difference viable. Everything else will be just 4+ times longer than before.
By SimonSes 2022-11-10 17:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »

The fight might be 3min longer, but with completely different strategy than before. You cant even use DRGs and WARs for old strategy, because they would have all buffs dispelled pretty fast. It was either ranged damage or NINs. Also NIN trashes WAR in term of Savage Blade DPS anyway (at least as long as you don't have accuracy problems with Hitaki or WAR doesn't get Haste Samba from DNC).
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-11-10 17:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The only damage that was significantly boosted are Hover shot RNGs. 2x Hover shot RNGs, one on each Giant, going all out is the only way I can see old strategy of keeping their HP withing 15% difference viable.

By Serjero 2022-11-10 18:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The fight might be 3min longer, but with completely different strategy than before. You cant even use DRGs and WARs for old strategy, because they would have all buffs dispelled pretty fast. It was either ranged damage or NINs. Also NIN trashes WAR in term of Savage Blade DPS anyway (at least as long as you don't have accuracy problems with Hitaki or WAR doesn't get Haste Samba from DNC).

You'd be going /NIN anyways and can just use Ferangu or Kclub for WAR or DRG respectively. Pretty sure either of those will be fine. Not sure on the difference Daken makes compared to WAR DA builds. But DRG K.club should still win no? Hard to say since you're already pushing max DMG on WS anyways at that point it's just a race for TP. Unless I'm missing something about why NIN magically won't get dispelled (beyond having more shadows than it can hold).
By SimonSes 2022-11-10 18:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Serjero said: »

You'd be going /NIN anyways and can just use Ferangu or Kclub for WAR or DRG respectively. Pretty sure either of those will be fine. Not sure on the difference Daken makes compared to WAR DA builds. But DRG K.club should still win no? Hard to say since you're already pushing max DMG on WS anyways at that point it's just a race for TP. Unless I'm missing something about why NIN magically won't get dispelled (beyond having more shadows than it can hold).

Your WS will be SUPER far from being Max dmg (I assume you meant 99999?). They take 33% physical damage, Savage from DRG will do like 25k if you do old strategy. /NIN is not enough for old strategy, you have 2 giants next to each other both spamming Dispel TP move. You need NIN main for enough shadows to deal with it. Anything /nin (beside maybe THF with enough evasion?) will lose shadows too fast and get dispelled or do nothing but recasting shadows.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8