BG Ambuscade Archive:
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Ambuscade_Archive#Lamiae

Old Thread:
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/52774/ambuscade-vol1-september/6/#3559673

Key Item Locations:
  • Assaults (Ilrusi Atoll):

• Deserter
    • Azure Experiments
    • Survival Guide - Arrapago Is. - Caedarva Mire, zone back into Arrapago Reef, and follow the path to the boat with Lamiae on it.

• Arrapago Staging Point - Scattered around the area.

Videos:
Logical NIN,RDM Solo VE/E: https://youtu.be/yZF1G5HxCv0
Sironeko MNK Solo E (JP): https://youtu.be/jsVkQ9dzGfM
Kaggra RDM Solo D (JP): https://youtu.be/3qk2RrNxY10
Ruaumoko PUP/SMN PT VD: https://youtu.be/QQzhA4F-ALM
Demhar Ranged PT VD: https://youtu.be/S884leR7iBM

Key Notes:

Strategies:
[+]
By tyalangan 2021-01-12 10:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

On the old thread several people stated there is a new hate reset move for Freyja and Skathi as well as a new petrify move for Skathi. However, on the BG page it states they have hate reset aura already and Skathi has a petrify move already. Did they change the aura to an actual move?
Ruaumoko said: »
*** hell...

They've added hate reset attacks to two of the Lamia.

Freyja: Edifying Dance
Skathi: Heaven's Arrows
Frigg: Didn't see one used.

Someone that has run this new one let me know if they still have the aura AND a new hate reset move or if it was just changed to the named moves above.
 Asura.Shiraj
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2021-01-12 11:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
Someone that has run this new one let me know if they still have the aura or if it was changed to the named moves above.

Aura is still there, however just new stuff been added. The hate reset is weird. Some runs I have 0 hate resets used, other runs I get spammed non-stop.
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-01-12 11:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

FYI... Noxious Dance is AOE, so your trust will get hit with it even if behind her since they are technically facing her. Makes soloing it this month even on Easy very challenging.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2021-01-12 12:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
Aura is still there, however just new stuff been added. The hate reset is weird. Some runs I have 0 hate resets used, other runs I get spammed non-stop.

Same job/trust setup, or is it possibly reacting to buffs or enfeebles or something?
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2021-01-12 12:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Isiolia said: »
Same job/trust setup, or is it possibly reacting to buffs or enfeebles or something?

Everything is the same.
I was 3 boxing helping friend get clears and he was using brd + geo x2, for 2 runs. Both runs had complete opposite results of how mobs reacted. One was hate reset spamming Noxious Dance non-stop, other was smooth, not a single Noxious dance was used.
Edit: I told him to not do geo spells on Freyja, only Frigg/Skathi
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2021-01-12 15:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

So is there any way to handle this as a melee class or does D+ require just ranged DPS?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-12 15:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Can be done with meree just requires excellent turning skills - at and away.

aka; can't be done
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2021-01-12 15:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Had 2x wind runes and barstone/barpetrify on RUN and I was able to resist most of the petrify on VD
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-01-12 16:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I would assume this can still be smashed with pup pup run smn cor geo?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-12 16:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

This may be me not recalling, but the gazes seem MUCH slower

Could be just that slow on VE, but it was an effortless solo VE
By Pantafernando 2021-01-12 17:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did one sucessful VD run on SMN burning. Later gonna do more to see how robust is this strat.

RUN SMN SMN SMN GEO COR (mule, leech)

The COR is just a roll leech mule, probably can be swapped by another more effective party. Anyway, he used crooked beast plus drachen.

2 nirvana SMN uses Ramuh > Voltstrike. The third SMN, can be any, uses Cait Sith for mewing burn.

RUN enter, grab everyone and uses sentinel (i used /PLD) then battuta followed by Elemental Sforzo.

GEO bolstered uses Frailty, i used Torpor but im considering to swap for Barrier, Wilt or Regen, because the EES have been doing considerably dmg on my RUN.

Just burn it as fast as you can just staying alert to swap target as soon as the current one dies. I used Freya, then any other one because Mewing Lullaby prevented any TP move during the fight.

Risks noticed: if EES kills tank, kills pet in case you lose hate or you lack dps. In my run, i finished barely by the time my conduit wore off. Maybe with practice i can better swap my target as soon as it dies.

To mitigate this last risk, you can choose the less troublesome add to deal with after conduit if you consider it will wear off before finishing the fight, or drop the COR for another dps.

Another improvement i will do is probably changing Ramuh x2 to Ramuh + Siren, to speed up Freyas kill (weak to piercing).

According to my dmg dealt, mobs HP are approximately:

Freyja 600k
Skathi 550k
Friggs 480k
[+]
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2021-01-12 17:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Any reason you didn't bring PLD since mew spam means EES is the only scary thing and Invincible makes you well... invincible to it? And Intervene should help protect Ramuhs if hate is lost.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-01-12 17:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a good idea, its just that RUN is my go-to tank, and i didnt consider other options.
 Asura.Akkarinn
user: Camosan
By Asura.Akkarinn 2021-01-12 18:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

~:: Lamia Ambu ::~

5~6 minute VDs. Should work on any difficulty.

Disclaimers: Requires knowledge of TP moves, some turning ability & does not require the use of any 1-hours/SPs.

Tank, multi-damage-type DD (Piercing/Blunt/Slashing) [not essential but speeds things up], COR, BRD/WHM, GEO (optionally another multi-damage DD), WHM.

Eg: PLD/BLU - WAR - COR/NIN - GEO/RDM - BRD/WHM - WHM/SCH

BRD and WHM may want to prioritise a debuff each between Poison and Petrify for an easy life, Divine Caress is very powerful here.

Buffs: Marchx2, Mad, (Min5 if 4th song available), Chaos/SAM, Indi-Barrier/Geo-Frailty/eIndi-Wilt (bubbles may vary with support/buff combos).

Pull boss + adds to corner, stay facing as much as possible outside of required turn-arounds.

DD(s) and COR position behind mobs, COR should ideally be meleeing for TP even if using LastStand in case of hate reset.

Mages position out of range behind DD(s)/CORs.

Bozzetto Freyja (Piecring: LastStand/Impulse Drive) > Bozzetto Skathi [Tomahawk if WAR?] (Blunt: LastStand/H2H) > Bozzetto Frigg (Slashing: SavageBlade/Upheaval etc)

Multi-step possible but challenging given the amount of turning going on for TP moves.

Please don't judge my epic text-pic skills. Cheers!

Code
Hi, I'm a derpy tank facing my mobs...  

O/
            /|
            / \

...these are my mobs...

>-/-@     >-/-@     >-/-@

Hey der, we're a DD and COR...and a bubble mage.

O          O 
      /|\   #:-)   /|\   
      / \          / \        

Plz, plz halp. WHM and BRD.

#:-)   #:-) - Hi, uwansongmayn? 
[+]
By eeternal 2021-01-12 19:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

4-5 mins clear if it helps people..

RUN tanks Bozzetto Skathi and Bozzetto Frigg.. DDs take Bozzetto Freyja 15 yalms away zerg it while making sure facing away if it uses Petrifying Dance..

then all DDs face Bozzetto Skathi and Bozzetto Frigg and just zerg while making sure facing away on Raqs Baladi Dance... I don't really care about Chastening Disregard (Amnesia) MNK AM3 Vere just demolishes it.

Easy month if people pay attention
[+]
 Fairy.Trig
Server: Fairy
user: Trig
By Fairy.Trig 2021-01-12 22:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
On the old thread several people stated there is a new hate reset move for Freyja and Skathi as well as a new petrify move for Skathi. However, on the BG page it states they have hate reset aura already and Skathi has a petrify move already. Did they change the aura to an actual move?
Ruaumoko said: »
*** hell...

They've added hate reset attacks to two of the Lamia.

Freyja: Edifying Dance
Skathi: Heaven's Arrows
Frigg: Didn't see one used.

Someone that has run this new one let me know if they still have the aura AND a new hate reset move or if it was just changed to the named moves above.

Pretty sure they just changed the names. Also I think I found out the gimmick to avoid Edifying Dance (on D at least):
- WS below 2000, Freyja uses Petrification
- WS above 2000, Freyja uses Edifying Dance (15 sec terror, hate reset)

Sure speeds up the runs when you aren't chasing after her.
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2021-01-12 22:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Just did one sucessful VD run on SMN burning.

Interested to see how replacing the cor with a 4th smn and have 1 each on a mob with one just doing mewing. Think 1 smn per mob would be able to kill each? (ramuh on slashing mob and siren on piercing mob)
By Ruaumoko 2021-01-13 02:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

PUP, PUP, SMN, SMN, PLD, COR
Overdrive on the Sharpshot turns this Ambuscade into a turkey shoot.
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-01-13 05:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know if odyllic subterfuge will prevent the petrify?
 Ragnarok.Akkarinn
Server: Ragnarok
user: Camosan
By Ragnarok.Akkarinn 2021-01-13 05:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jdove said: »
Anyone know if odyllic subterfuge will prevent the petrify?

I'd imagine it would greatly improve ability to resist when combined with runes/bars etc. However, given that subterfuge is single target and all three mobs are capable of petrifying not sure how useful that would be? Unless we're talking about just the en-effect.
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-01-13 06:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

My idea was have 2 rune fencer's 2 smn a pup and a geo, have the pup kite frigg and 1 smn and 1 rune fencer (maybe even sub smn for mew) on each of the other 2 mobs pull them both into the bubble each run pops odyllic and both smn's 1hr each of the mobs not being kited, using different avatars according to the mobs weakness. Run can mew to keep tp down just for the hell of it but maybe not really necessary if the plan works. Also geo would be the healer.
Anyone think this could work? (whole point of odyllic is to stop the pets from getting petrified)
By Pantafernando 2021-01-13 07:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Biglovin said: »
Just did one sucessful VD run on SMN burning.

Interested to see how replacing the cor with a 4th smn and have 1 each on a mob with one just doing mewing. Think 1 smn per mob would be able to kill each? (ramuh on slashing mob and siren on piercing mob)

Its not a good idea having one avatar per mob as Freyja has higher HP so she can die after adds, what, according to testimonies, gonna force them to respawn.

Eventually, im already looking for alternatives, maybe dropping the mewing SMN for two /SMN with mew or even two /DRK for absorb-tp making the 4-man party, the ideal setup for mules leeching. Dropping also Ramuhs for Sirens as the highest HP mob is weaker to piercing, plus they can recover in case one EES goes to them.
By SimonSes 2021-01-13 07:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

even two /DRK for absorb-tp making the 4-man party

Does that even work? It works for Lilith, because she has floored resist to darkness in first form, but I doubt /drk absorb works on anything ilvl without such mechanic.
By Pantafernando 2021-01-13 07:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I would need to test but indeed, i shouldnt have mention if i never tried.

And im also developing another strat to cut off totally the need of burning mew, gonna post if i suceed.
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-01-13 14:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitely a very annoying month for solo'ers. If anyone wants to take on VE or Easy solo here are some strategies you can use. Party strategies also discussed. Have a good month all!

[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2021-01-13 14:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
This may be me not recalling, but the gazes seem MUCH slower

Could be just that slow on VE, but it was an effortless solo VE

I have been thinking the same thing. I've been 3 boxing VD using 2 chars on react and manually turning on main char which is DD, and the time required to turn 100% feels slower than what it was a year or 2 ago. They've definitely changed it.
 Odin.Demhar
Server: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-01-14 01:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG COR COR BRD RDM RUN
[+]
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2021-01-14 01:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Why RDM instead of a GEO (BRD probably wouldn't need to use soul voice with another defense debuff)?
 Odin.Demhar
Server: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-01-14 01:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Essylt said: »
Why RDM instead of a GEO (BRD probably wouldn't need to use soul voice with another defense debuff)?
didn't have geo in this run but yes GEO would work well too. Although I love Flurry II so that speeds things up a lot
Can also get Flurry II outside before entering with naturalist roll on then switch to geo and that would be great
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7