Lamia Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Asura.Emba
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Emba
By Asura.Emba 2021-01-14 05:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cleared earlier today using RUN SCH BRD COR NIN GEO. Geo running frailty + fury, entrusting barrier to RUN. Bard giving HM, preludex2, and minuet5 to COR then HM+March, Min5, and Madrigal to NIN/RUN. COR using Sam/chaos

COR + RUN kill Freyja while NIN pulls Frigg away and solos it away from the group. If NIN can tank properly they will require zero healing or assistance From the main party, outside of the initial buffing, just need to make sure you don’t accidentally kill Frigg before Freyja dies.

NIN joins the group to help mop up Skathi for the win. Skathi seems to have extremely high MEva so debuffs we’re a but tricky to stick. Hate reset from her is annoying but not super hard to recover from. Helpful for melee to carry antidotes to make life easier on BRD and Healer.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2021-01-14 13:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Done some testing on Ambuscade and found some info on new moves used. They are infact gaze moves and can be avoided by turning away. Both Noxious Dance and Edifying Dance can be avoided by turning away. (Edifying Dance is a hate reset)

I have also done some log parsing to try get a close and accurate estimation of the wind up timer for the ready moves. They have infact made it easier to turn, The "regular" gaze moves, Petrifcation, both new hate resets etc have roughly a 0.8s to a 1s ready time and are very easily avoided without React.
However, the Charm based move, Raqs Baladi Dance has a slightly faster wind up timer and estimating it to be roughly 0.6s-0.7s. To be able to see it appear quick enough you need to have a lot of filters. I use vanilla chat log and only had my damage on at the time.
I'd recommend trying this month without React, because it's much more fair and doable than it once was.
[+]
By Mrgrim 2021-01-14 20:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Done 5m clears with MNK COR WHM BRD PUP GEO. I straight up tank Freyja, and Skathi. I just kill Freyja asap and then kill skathi. If I get hit with hate reset, they usually go to my whm, so I just turn whm around and have em get glowy, so they just go back to me lol. For GEO I use indi-wilt which makes EES quite survivable, along heavenly arrows.
By zixxer 2021-01-14 21:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Demhar said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

RNG COR COR BRD RDM RUN

Bro, what is that add on that shows the hex id?
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2021-01-14 22:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

zixxer said: »
Odin.Demhar said: »

Bro, what is that add on that shows the hex id?

I believe that's targetinfo, it' might be in the plugin section
[+]
By apollocry 2021-01-14 23:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Akkarinn said: »
~:: Lamia Ambu ::~

5~6 minute VDs. Should work on any difficulty.

Disclaimers: Requires knowledge of TP moves, some turning ability & does not require the use of any 1-hours/SPs.

Tank, multi-damage-type DD (Piercing/Blunt/Slashing) [not essential but speeds things up], COR, BRD/WHM, GEO (optionally another multi-damage DD), WHM.

Eg: PLD/BLU - WAR - COR/NIN - GEO/RDM - BRD/WHM - WHM/SCH

BRD and WHM may want to prioritise a debuff each between Poison and Petrify for an easy life, Divine Caress is very powerful here.

Buffs: Marchx2, Mad, (Min5 if 4th song available), Chaos/SAM, Indi-Barrier/Geo-Frailty/eIndi-Wilt (bubbles may vary with support/buff combos).

Pull boss + adds to corner, stay facing as much as possible outside of required turn-arounds.

DD(s) and COR position behind mobs, COR should ideally be meleeing for TP even if using LastStand in case of hate reset.

Mages position out of range behind DD(s)/CORs.

Bozzetto Freyja (Piecring: LastStand/Impulse Drive) > Bozzetto Skathi [Tomahawk if WAR?] (Blunt: LastStand/H2H) > Bozzetto Frigg (Slashing: SavageBlade/Upheaval etc)

Multi-step possible but challenging given the amount of turning going on for TP moves.

Please don't judge my epic text-pic skills. Cheers!

My LS mates and I have been doing PLD, WAR, COR, WHM, BRD, SCH on VD with 6-7 minute clears following this strat. The WAR and COR could be any DD and the SCH could be anything. Seems like it is more of a WHM check to make sure you get the poison / petrification off than anything. Good month to carry mules or others through.

Impulse drive seems to do very good and consistent damage so I haven't bothered switching into my H2H or Chango sets, just using shining one for all 3 mobs.
[+]
By Korgull 2021-01-14 23:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Mrgrim said: »
Done 5m clears with MNK COR WHM BRD PUP GEO. I straight up tank Freyja, and Skathi. I just kill Freyja asap and then kill skathi. If I get hit with hate reset, they usually go to my whm, so I just turn whm around and have em get glowy, so they just go back to me lol. For GEO I use indi-wilt which makes EES quite survivable, along heavenly arrows.

Tried this setup, it was a breeze on D (Didn't want to try VD because we had no IGEO, so we replaced it with SMN buffs). Recommended.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Mrxi 2021-01-15 15:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sudra said: »
Asura.Shiraj said: »
Done some testing on Ambuscade and found some info on new moves used. They are infact gaze moves and can be avoided by turning away. Both Noxious Dance and Edifying Dance can be avoided by turning away. (Edifying Dance is a hate reset)

How long until they fix “Implaing” to “Impaling”????!!
OP spells it Imperiling Disregard. the right spelling is Implaing Disregard. Now if i can just find why my tank still getting charmed, might be able to ranged this. I dont want to HAVE to use react, i might of turned it off there and thought it was on. so just back tank it maybe.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-15 16:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It's imperiling disregard... as in it's dangerous to look away
By Mrxi 2021-01-15 18:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's imperiling disregard... as in it's dangerous to look away
On VD it is what it is in that screen shot and what i just said.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-15 18:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a typo, just not impaling
By Mrxi 2021-01-15 18:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's a typo, just not impaling
According to the log the OP is typo. If SE decides its a localization error we will have to wait for them to change it to the real spelling.
By Mrxi 2021-01-15 19:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Petrifying Dance = Edifying Dance.
Chastening Disregard = Chasting Disregard.
Imperiling Disregard = Implaing Disregard.
Blight Dance = Noxious Dance.
[+]
By tyalangan 2021-01-16 10:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Mrxi said: »
Petrifying Dance = Edifying Dance.
Chastening Disregard = Chasting Disregard.
Imperiling Disregard = Implaing Disregard.
Blight Dance = Noxious Dance.

Thanks, updated.
By kasnuaku 2021-01-16 11:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2021-01-16 15:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

2:30 clear time, MNK MNK SMN SMN GEO RUN:

Indi-Wilt, Indi-Fury, Geo-Frailty, Crystal Blessing, Samurai Roll (one SMN is sub COR, the other sub WHM).

They use Skathi as TP battery, and one MNK WS's on Frigg, while the other WSs on Freyja. Kill Freyja first or try to kill them at same time to prevent resummon. Mew.
[+]
 Odin.Karizo
Server: Odin
user: Karizo
By Odin.Karizo 2021-01-16 16:43:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »

Indi-Wilt, Indi-Fury, Geo-Frailty, Crystal Blessing, Samurai Roll (one SMN is sub COR, the other sub WHM).

They use Skathi as TP battery, and one MNK WS's on Frigg, while the other WSs on Freyja. Kill Freyja first or try to kill them at same time to prevent resummon. Mew.

RUN MNK MNK WHM GEO SMN actually, WHM is /SMN for additional lullaby it seems?

Also, it mentions Indi-Wilt for when Freyja is up(?) Need someone to properly translate that lol
[+]
 Odin.Karizo
By Odin.Karizo 2021-01-16 16:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Karizo said: »
Shiva.Arislan said: »

RUN MNK MNK WHM GEO SMN actually, WHM is /SMN for additional lullaby it seems?

Also, it mentions Indi-Wilt for when Freyja is up(?) Need someone to properly translate that lol

Fire Rayke on Freyja for Shijin Spiral's virus

Thunder Gambit on Frigg for VS > VS Light SC dmg
[+]
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2021-01-16 16:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Karizo said: »
支援はインデウイルト(フレイルが破壊されたらインデフューリー)グローリー サークルのジオフレイルクリスタルブレンング
Assistance is Indewilt (Indefury if Frail is destroyed) Glory Circle Geofrail Crystal Blending

Briefly looking at the vid it seems they're simply using Skathi as a TP battery with capped subtle blow and <lastst> ws'ing Frigg and Freyja same time with 1 MNK on each while mewing so TP moves are at total minimum then just finish off Skathi. Wilt might just be for the EESs that can go off.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-17 15:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

10min vd on the standard type setup: cor cor pup run brd whm

not really less safe than D at all, but slower since tankier and only dmg is piercing from cors

heavens' arrow is the only stupid move. hate reset blah
 Odin.Demhar
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-01-18 19:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD WHM BRD COR RNG RNG
[+]
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2021-01-18 22:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

What were you doing to get your JR numbers that high? I had 2 cors, and a bard, and my JR's were only 17-18k, with 13-14k crits
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-01-19 02:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Gotenn said: »
What were you doing to get your JR numbers that high? I had 2 cors, and a bard, and my JR's were only 17-18k, with 13-14k crits

Interested as well, though I haven't tried that particular weapon this month (been sticking to Annihilator)- set does seem to be more DEX based vs crit rate/dmg than mine (examples being legs/rings/earrings).

Fun stuff though- and always glad to see when that particular RMEA gets some love.
 Asura.Emba
user: Emba
By Asura.Emba 2021-01-19 08:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Found another fun way to do this that allows for a carry slot in the 6th position. Comp is WHM BRD MNK NIN GEO X

Ninja lines up on left side with GEO, Monk on the right alone, bard and whm + whatever middle. Nin grabs Frigg and Skathi off pull and monk gets Freyja. Monk solo kills Freyja while NIN holds the other two and chips down either one. GEO supplying Voidance + slip to maximize blink tank evasion. Full time migawari to block one of the EES to allow for easy healing.

After Freyja dies monk moves to NIN area (carefully) and double teams the remaining adds for the win. Swapped from voidance/slip to fury/frailty after Freyja dies. Typically kill Frigg second since she’s a bit more reserved than Skathi due to the latter having heavens arrows. Takes about 6-8 minutes doing it this way including buffs
By apollocry 2021-01-19 09:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're wanting to carry people I think the melee strat on the first page is the way to go if you can manage the looking away. Keep them stacked, nothing fancy, it is just a simple fight, no 2hr needed.

With PLD, WAR, COR, BRD, WHM, carry slot the fastest we cleared was 5:56 including buff time averaging about 6:20 clear time.

Last night we were doing PLD, DD, WHM, BRD, carry, carry and averaging about 8:30 clears including buff time. Longest was about 10 minutes because the DD got charmed.
[+]
 Odin.Karizo
By Odin.Karizo 2021-01-19 11:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Gotenn said: »

I've found GEO to be much more effective this Ambu.

COR Last Stands with GEO buff can hit 40k on Skathi (which while we're on this, are we sure Freyja is the one weak to piercing? I feel like Skathi takes more damage from Last Stand than Freyja lol).

I bet his JR can go even higher with GEO =P

Edit: GEO without BRD, for clarification
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7