First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 ... 47 48 49
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-04-19 10:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Besides fishing in the mog garden pond, any other tips for these god damn moat carp? Do jigs work to catch multiple at once? inb4 fish bot

Also RE: random titles, ive had the most luck with Rabao. I cannot tell you how many times ive gotten "heir of the great wind" or whatever the hell that one is. Many "random title" repeats too, but I am still missing Irresponsible Adventurer.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-19 10:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Insect Paste in Ronfaure after you're level 20ish (maybe higher, I'm not totally sure when it starts) is 100% carp bite rate

But that's still 50 days of 200 catches.

The "best" way is to buy them, that's the best advice lol.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-04-19 10:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I am thinking of raising the price to 10k a stack just to try and incentivize people to put them on the AH instead of NPCing them.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-19 10:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Had never known them not to be (at least) 10k a stack....

Well, on a ghost server, I wouldn't know.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-04-19 10:31:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Only 5k on sylph. There were 20+ stacks up the first day I started, but now its been 2 per day if I am lucky.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-04-19 10:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd reccomend friends fishing to limit to sell, or a second or third account
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-04-20 06:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

So uhhh.. I got bored and it turns out the hunt registry does track kills/clears

So that sucks

Theres 433 total NMs on the hunt registry, and you can do one hunt an in-game day

I think I'm going to keep pretending this doesn't exist

Although for anyone else: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p7QCNlW3AK9StP4vLDOiid00ADa1Shf6-GSTU4zXVcI/edit?usp=sharing

Have fun with the checklist. Even looking at it makes me woozy

Although if there is some sort of bonus for killing non-title NMs, at least this is a nice starter goal for that
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-04-23 18:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I deleveled from Rank 8 back to Rank 7 today by switching to Windurst and losing Medal of Altana.

This provided an opportunity to test exactly when your rank updates. We know that the packet containing Rank gets sent every time you open the equipment menu, but it doesn't seem to update then.

I got Medal of Altana back and
* Checked my rank, still 7
* Opened the equip menu waited for the loading to finish, checked rank, still 7
* Went to the campaign warp NPC, checked rank again just for fun, still 7
* Zoned to Xarcabard [S], checked rank, back to 8

So TIL 2 things:
* Mastery Rank updates when you zone
* You can delevel

Also, I haven't stopped grinding titles / accomplishments since I got Mastery Rank 8. I also got ~5 jobs to MLevel 30 and capped their skills. My playtime is obviously higher now than it was then. I've gotten 8 new Titles since I ranked up to 8.
* Winning Owner
* Victorious Owner
* Lumber Lather
* Shell Scrimshander
* Bone Beautifier
* Knitting Know-it-all
* Glorious Groomer
* Dread Purger

All of which seem to have been either worth less than Medal of Altana or some level is gated by having Medal of Altana.

Edit: Just going to keep adding stuff here until I rank up:
* Curator Culler
* Tumult Curator vorseal
* 1 synergy level (this is so boring)
* RUN to M.Level 30
* Prying Eyes 1 (W) - 98% last windurst one done
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-23 18:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

That's absolutely fascinating.

Someone else go drop your medal of altana rank! (ESPECIALLY if you're not rank 8)

Another piece of something to consider, your KI count. KI's have some value. It's a temporary KI so probably not.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-04-23 19:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Near as I can tell, there's no title associated with Medal of Altana (certainly didn't get another) so this kinda must be a weird one-off. However, the existence of one exception that breaks the otherwise pretty simple system implies that there may be more.

This does give me the ability to figure out how many titles are worth the same as one Medal of Altana, at least.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-23 19:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

If I have to guess, I would say it's a hard gate (or a piece of a hard gate) and not a value.

But you have the golden opportunity to find out. Drop back to 7 and do any/every until you can get an 8 back. (sounds like fun!)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-04-23 19:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Literally the only important mastery rank finding ever, lol. Well aside from "hey titles matter"

We've (you) finally accomplished something!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-04-23 19:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh FYI, I've been grinding missing campaign ops as well and lost medal but no delevel, so Im too far over whatever points it may give
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-23 19:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you sure you didn't derank though?

If you lost it and got it right back you may not even have noticed.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-04-23 19:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

100%, for a while I was down al 4 medals from transferring twice in a row and definitely checked rank a few times. I'm still down two medals right now so I can check again when I login next
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-23 20:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Well ***, this complicates stuff lol.

If Altana counts, the the others might... Keep ranking down for science!

Also, time for someone, (who definitely is not me) to get medal of altana before any mission progress (then gather titles with still zero mission progress)

It takes 3 months without RoV KI you better get started!
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-04-24 10:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, just logged in and confirmed that I'm mastery rank 8 and missing the last two medals since I transferred windy -> sandy (and yes, zoned to update)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-04-24 12:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone should start compiling a collectable KI list, Temps/perma/etc

Ignoring the obvious ones that you'd collect just by doing all quests/missions

(yes I know there are lists on both wikis, but I mean something that is organized in a different fashion than "alphabetical")

We've got all maps figured out since a while back. I'm 4 sets away from all armor storage KIs

I should go get all UNM entry items and every escha, and oof every abyssea pop KI :x

It's more likely that it's just the final medal is special because of what it is, but now I need to get all the KIs!

edit: nvm I'll make the spreadsheet for KIS, forgot that kind of stuff is actually in windower res files already and just need to sort/edit

Here's a super basic one, formatting on names is a bit off at times because I didn't want to spend forever parsing through things:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nPYdQoF_a1dHJYLOstCm0g3SJfQKUualWih8YYqn7W4/edit?usp=sharing

And that is in ID order, so the same order as scrolling down your own KI list. Should make it easy to fill-in/identify missing KIs

At first glance though... It doesn't look like Mog Garden, Claim Slips, or Active effects actually go in ID order in the in-game menus? But the rest do, weird
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-04-24 14:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice, ha. I'm already finding key items I didn't even know existed/that I didn't have from sorting things out

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Sliced_Pole

Who knew!

I'm sure I'll find a lot more
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-24 14:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll be rank 9 in no time
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-04-24 14:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
You'll be rank 9 in no time
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-04-24 14:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

So it looks like these two permanent KI are forever missable if you are already past the seekers mission 3-4-1 or ygnas directive IV that you can use them for

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/"Card_Jailer_Teodor";

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Grunt_Heard_'Round_the_World

So get those if you aren't past those parts, unless theres someway to redo them that I'm missing

Aside from the sliced pole above, and MANY "sheet of tunes" KIs that I'm missing (can't they just make these buyable from an NPC!), the big category that I don't have any of is chocographs from the chocobo hot and cold game:

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/The_Chocobo_Hot_and_Cold_Game

So if anyone is looking for a new hobby/thing to collect, get on those chocographs
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-04-24 15:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not too confident in every temporary KI have any bearing on the rank... I do think though that certain objectives have more bearing than others.

Like the HTMB titles probably have more pull because the NPCs also keep the list for you on what difficulty you have beaten the BCNM on.

That also reminds me, is it worth doing the "trial size" summoner fights for the quest completion?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-24 16:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

They would count, if you were counting completion. The mini trials have a special name in the quest log.

Also, in regards to the medal, I think I might sort of have an idea.

The medal system is like the fame indicator in the past, there is no fame system (I've heard of you, they've never heard of you etc)

It's not that you lost a temporary KI, it's that your fame dropped (maybe) There's no other way to lower fame to test though, right?

(of course the simplest answer is the medal itself is worth... 50 points)
 Shiva.Liam
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2022-04-24 17:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

@Byrth, Have you beat Fiat Lux? No title but if there was another indicator of "did you manage to get a medal of Altana at some point?" that would be one. if the logic of the rank gate was "medal of altana and/or lux clear = rank gate passed" it would explain why you dropped but Avereith didn't?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-04-24 17:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I have beaten Fist Lux. I am at something like 98% of Ops completed at the moment.

I got another title this morning and will try again, but need to unlock and do Prying Eyes I (W) first.
 Shiva.Liam
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2022-04-24 17:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

well there goes that theory, but, wow congrats! that's a lot of campaign
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-04-26 05:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I got 2 more titles (final 100k GP one and the new VR one) and switched to Sandy (S). It still dropped my rank back to 7.
Next, I think I will skill up my synergy from 20 to 80 to see if it ranks me up.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-04-26 08:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I got 2 more titles (final 100k GP one and the new VR one) and switched to Sandy (S). It still dropped my rank back to 7.
Next, I think I will skill up my synergy from 20 to 80 to see if it ranks me up.

So you are saying that those 10 titles do not outweigh the points that medal of altana gives you towards your mastery rank?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-26 08:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the inference, yes

Medal of Altana is worth at least 11 titles worth of "points"

(*)if the TVR title counts, titles created after (this date) may not count for "reasons" (them not updating)
First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 ... 47 48 49