First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41 ... 48 49 50
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-03-19 10:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Right around 980 titles seems to be the bar

While other stuff contributes some nonzero amount having that amount of titles is always going to get you there
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-03-19 11:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cg, Mr byrth

Now we just need someone who wants to attempt 1050+ titles and see if another rank exists
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-03-19 11:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish there was an easy way to figure out how many titles you have. I've done the vast majority of content in FFXI, but I don't actually know how many titles I have. I might consider shooting for rank 8 if I've got like 900 or more, but I haven't gone to the trouble to actually check how many I have.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-03-19 12:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It is an unreasonable task to count your titles indeed

You can get really close with bryth's lua with minimal effort
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-03-19 13:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I was only tracking what I *haven't* done, so I need to go back and confirm what I have done and obviously will take questions in case I've forgotten something.

Negative statements

Titles: Missing 100
I believe that gives me 973, actually. 974 if I've ever done Ramuh on VD and just forgot about it because his title is broken.

Quests: Missing 27

BLU: Still missing 32 spells

Campaign Ops: 95% complete

Fish: Missing 58

Furniture quests: I'm not sure how many I am missing. I have recently done all but 9, but I probably did the rest already.

Moogle Mastery A, B, C: XII, XV, XI

UNM: Have not killed Tolba, Glazemane, Brambrox, or Tumult Curator.

Reisenjima Goblin: Missing 2 Balrahn Eyepatches and the 2 sets of Skirmish wings

Vorseals: Missing Tumult Curator and the 160/240/360 kills of Azi Dahaka and Naja Raga

Skills: I have capped all my skills pre-Mastery levels except Chocobo Digging (probably rank 6) and Synergy (still 20). I also got 147 Mastery levels and skilled up to cap across a lot of different skills.

Mounts: I am missing Moogle, Spectral Chair, Buffalo, and Red Raptor

Trusts: I am missing Mumor 1 and 2.

Master Fights: Missing all of them (+ Mimic)

Positive statements:

Adventuring Fellow: Capped and flippant.

Missions are complete.

MMM runes are complete.

Odyssey: I cleared all of T1 up to V20 and some of Tier II, then I have V0 clears of most of T3 and T4.

Meeble: Complete with max stars.

Playtime: ~1770 days, 8 hours

Assist rank: Bronze

Monstrosity: All to 99, I think. I will check. Dang I loved Monstrosity.

Mastered jobs: 16 (could be inferred from titles, but why not state it)

Maps: Have all of them that one can keep permanently

Incursion: KI is only 128

Voidwatch: All done, including Provenance

Takeaway
My big takeaway here is that you don't really have to do the hardest content in the game to hit Mastery Rank 8. I've basically skipped everything that would be considered genuinely difficult (Master fights, some Odyssey clears, the VD BCs that aren't duoable, etc.) and I still made it.

I would be unsurprised if it was a pure title count + some small amount for skills and playtime. I believe my playtime is much higher than Avereith's was when he hit 8.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-03-21 21:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
believe my playtime is much higher than Avereith's was when he hit 8.
You believe correctly. I just checked for kicks and I'm at 1225 currently, and was waaay less when rank 8 popped
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-03-22 08:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, a -7 title difference with ~2x playtime seems like maybe it doesn't matter that much. This feels like a titles game.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-03-22 08:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Seemed obvious lol

There are likely double layered objectives though, like you could in theory get 1000 titles in 10 days but you can't be rank 8. But once you've crossed like 6 months it stops mattering.

And skills, homepoints, trusts matter some nonzero(but still small) amount that's why you see a only a couple title variance from the 150/250/350/450/600/750/980 title counts
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-03-22 14:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, reminder to anyone that cares about mastery to get the spriggan monstrosity species while they are available from the ffxiv crossover

probably doesn't matter much, but completion is nice
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-03-26 13:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I did this:

vorseals 100% done

I'm gonna go ahead and say that I have absolutely no idea how anyone would ever do that legit. 360 domain dragon kills is way too many
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-03-26 13:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If you did one a day from the day it started, you'd be done.

Classic thing that's meant to be done "eventually" not as soon as possible.

Better than the amount of mog garden entrances required lol.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-03-26 13:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah mog "I hope you have 3 years to do this!" garden

oof
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-03-26 16:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Congrats on escaping that tedium. I still have about 320 kills left between Azi and Naja.
[+]
By Ranoutofspace 2022-04-08 06:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Dinged around 730ish titles from hitting Rank 10 in Windurst. Still Rank 1 in San d'Oria though. Seemed to be a hard wall with missions but others ranked up around 730ish and already had all missions finished. Just a sexy fact that you don't need Rank 10 in all nations - wonder if you can hit rank 8 without that being done though?

Still plenty of easy titles to get in town - have only finished most quests in Bastok. Chocobo Raising/Racing seems to be ranking people up quite often so perhaps that is another hard wall.

Friendly reminder if Monstrosity Species unlocks counts for anything, you have about 24 hours until the FFXIV crossover event ends and you'll likely miss those three monsters for another five years.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-04-08 07:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Congrats!

Enjoy it, and only grind to rank 8 if you're crazy and willing to get like another 250 titles <_<
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-08 07:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It may have "seemed" like a hard wall but you are right around where the rank 7 was expected so not really.

Had you gone past 800 then you could theorize that.

Something being hard walled implies you go well beyond the expected title amount and 750(ish) is where rank 7 is.
[+]
By Ranoutofspace 2022-04-08 07:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Congrats!

Enjoy it, and only grind to rank 8 if you're crazy and willing to get like another 250 titles <_<

Just about the only thing left to do in this game and I like it, so eventually, one day!

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It may have "seemed" like a hard wall but you are right around where the rank 7 was expected so not really.

Had you gone past 800 then you could theorize that.

Something being hard walled implies you go well beyond the expected title amount and 750(ish) is where rank 7 is.

Cool.
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-04-08 12:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The grind for rank 7 => 8 is real. I am still rank 7 after finishing the entirety of Abyssea. I only have 5 jobs mastered, and not many Monstrosity species unlocked. Almost every quest done, but I am missing a lot of HTMB VD titles.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-08 12:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Rank 8 implies 90% of all available titles so yeah, that's a grind indeed. Thas a lotta ***.

But, it must be said that if you stop doing everything else that you think might count, and start doing exactly what you know counts, you will find you arrive much faster.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-04-08 14:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I would ignore monstrosity (unless you want the time limited units) and just farm titles.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-04-08 14:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed, monstrosity should be done after you can't get any more easy titles and are just looking for things to do to pass time and forget how much time you're wasting chasing after imaginary numbers
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-04-10 08:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

that's 500 maze clears done. 1000 is not gonna happen any time soon

and after 100 maze runes and 500 clears, a sad amount of useless marbles ;; -

1012 titles. must get more.
[+]
By Ranoutofspace 2022-04-12 21:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Just dinged 800 titles. Knocked out about 70 from quests alone - so many fetch quests.

On the climb up, is there any testing to be done? Can one hit rank 8 without doing a starter city mission line? Can one hit rank 8 without touching chocobo racing?

If anyone remembers, is there a speedrun guide for how to raise a chocobo properly? Been feeding vomp carrots for STR/END, but now it seems like I won't be able to learn Gallop/Canter without DSC and should switch to zegham carrots...negating the past two weeks of feeding vomp carrots. I'm on Day 18. One that starts, can I just spam race all day with the chocobo racing lua to farm chocobucks and max out all stats?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-12 21:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You can try to do as little as possible but odds are you've already done all the missions. That's kind of the only testing that can occur.

Speedrunning quests/nm's only to see if you can rank. zero mission completion to test story walling and as fast as possible to test a timegate.

Ave will have to answer about the racing faq but you can almost certainly rank 8 without ever bothering (but there is a vorseal)
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:Chocobo_Raising
By Ranoutofspace 2022-04-13 00:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I hit rank 7 after getting rank 10 in Windurst around 720-740ish titles. A bit out there because I have the quest list and all title list and forgot to check some off on the all titles list, but it's in that range.

I have not done a single San d'Orian mission.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-04-13 05:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I mostly used this for chocobo raising: https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/32770/ninians-guide-to-chocobo-raising-v2/

But in reality nothing goes as planned so you'll need to swap up diet as necessary in order to keep up happiness. The only important thing at all is learning the abilities before day 127 or whatever the last day, as like you said stats can be maxed out with choco buck items even after your bird is retired
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-04-17 18:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The last of the random title bard titles for 1014!:

I'm running out of easy things to do

OH, and if anyone else on lakshmi wants campaign clears, windy lost a territory this week, which hasn't happened for like a year, so smokescreen 1-4 and hawkeye 1-3 will be available to do
[+]
 Shiva.Znitch
Server: Shiva
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2022-04-17 18:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice! What zone were you doing this in? Been trying to decide which bard NPC has the lowest amount of available titles to try to get this one to pop up.

Also, thanks to you and Radec, got my Extremely Discerning title ^^ I'm at 1016 right now, I'll have an update in about three weeks on my current progress.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-04-17 19:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

South sandy for sure, not because it had the least, but because I theorize that the one with the most titles that you don't have yet is the best.

It's just speculation, but S-sandy has all the ballista titles, and I went for like a week straight in Tav (fewest titles total I think there) and didn't get ANY of the 4 adventurer titles, and I think it was because I had all of the available titles there, and that maybe the adventurer titles only are given when the bard attempts to give you a title that you haven't gotten yet from his list (which can be viewed with byrths title reversing lua that lets you see all the titles you don't have from that bard)

So decided on ballista titles being the ones I had the least of, went to south sandy bard, and *poof* got the title in like 2 days (plus I think 2 or 3 of the others first <_<)

Maybe just BS, but it's worth a shot if you can't get it elsewhere
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-17 19:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It's going to very by which titles you're missing but most likely Port Jeuno or Tavnazia have the lowest amount available so should be the best zone to try.

But, I would also go for the zone in which I was missing the most, instead of the one that had the least.

The random 4 titles should be rolled in one of two ways, either it's in the list of all available (pick port jueno/tav), or if the bard rolls and lands on a title you lack, you get the random title. (pick the zone you're missing the most of, Adoulin or SSandy)

I got all 4 in Adoulin because a new character has zero mog garden and zero mission progression, he had no titles to draw from. But that's not proof of anything, necessarily.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41 ... 48 49 50