Brand-new Storyline!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Brand-new storyline!
Brand-new storyline!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-07-22 16:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If they release a new story that includes new areas, mechanics, maybe a new job (alchemist??), then I would happily pay for it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-07-22 16:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
If they release a new story that includes new areas, mechanics, maybe a new job (alchemist??), then I would happily pay for it.
I highly doubt they will ever add new jobs. Too much work to get mechanics right and add JSE/Ultimate weapons for them. They can't even balance the ones they have now, never gonna happen.
By Pantafernando 2020-07-22 16:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It will happen when we move to the next continent
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2020-07-22 17:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The Far North! The frozen tundra of Cana'diel

Wait, Xarcabard exists. Carry on
[+]
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-07-22 17:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Suteru said: »
I wonder if it has anything to do with that weird DRK(?) who showed up during the Siren quest. I had to ask an LS member to confirm it wasn't another weird future version of me since it was my character model.
That was the spirit of Arciela's father who, for some unknown reason, got zipped out of the jungle and over to our continent and fought in the crystal war as Duskraven...
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-07-22 18:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm hoping at some point for some kind of iLvl experience in Sea...beyond the cameo appearances by the Warders in Escha-Ru'Ann.

The inner zones can definitely stand a revisit in my opinion.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-07-22 18:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
I'm hoping at some point for some kind of iLvl experience in Sea...beyond the cameo appearances by the Warders in Escha-Ru'Ann.

The inner zones can definitely stand a revisit in my opinion.
The out side zone too, I wanna explore all those tiers below the water, I would bet they had plans for something like that at one point.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-07-22 18:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope the new story is locked behind the Golden Shovel Cordon KI to *** over everyone who’s procrastinated that ***. This will lead to another forum topic on how SE did them wrong, and again, will be magnificent to read the pissing and moaning.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-07-22 18:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
I hope the new story is locked behind the Golden Shovel Cordon KI to *** over everyone who’s procrastinated that ***. This will lead to another forum topic on how SE did them wrong, and again, will be magnificent to read the pissing and moaning.
Cuz that would be the way to encourage new players and existing. Sadist much? Sorry you didn't finish Lu Shang's, can't start new missions without it.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-07-22 18:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Im pretty sure you gonna need to have 1440 deeds of heroism to do part A of the new story.
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-07-22 18:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eightball said: »
Asura.Zetaking said: »
not a bst myself, but i dont remember bst getting a Krabkatoa style crab like they have in the picture >.>

That’s courier Carrie, pretty much the only pet used at 75.

For ref, goto YouTube and look up lotB Kirin (if it’s still up) I’ll try put in up here if I can’t find it.

Is this what you were looking for?
YouTube Video Placeholder
By Draylo 2020-07-22 18:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm excited but I know its probably just some dinky questline like the ones we've already gotten since ROV. They have gotten quite lazy now, so I would not expect much.
By Draylo 2020-07-22 18:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Also the mini-expansions were a huge letdown, I remember them quite vividly. I don't know how anyone can say otherwise. We paid 10 bucks per and they barely had content, the stories were not fleshed out and it was p much a BCNM or two. Compared to the same 10 we paid for the Abyssea ones, which were much better in terms of content.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-07-22 20:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
finish every RoE at least once to start the new mission line, that will show em slackers. final reward is a situational side grade ring of your choice.
 Asura.Zidaner
Server: Asura
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Zidaner 2020-07-22 20:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya I loved the manbro(Monberaux) topic when it first came out. All those snowflakes crying about not being allowed to have something they put absolutely no work in for. Time gate this time gate that. Guess what nubs... there are alot more time gated rewards in FFXI. \
FFXI is designed to be a marathon not a sprint. If you can get everything too fast you would run out of things to do and have no purpose in playing.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-07-22 20:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

if you need to hide your rewards behind time gates that span over half a year maybe you should stop slacking and start creating enough content that justifies a monthly fee.
[+]
By soralin 2020-07-22 21:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont care how trashy or amazing the new content is, I dont see a universe existing where I wont be opening up my wallet.

At this point the salt from this game has formed a crust that has permanently bound my hand to its helm.

Like a salty friction weld, I cant not be on board at this point.

IIRC though, didnt the Devs talk about how they got help from passion project devs in SE, people who grew up playing the game, and they had to spend training them and basically reverse engineering parts of the game to make stuff work?

Something tells me this mini expansion will be the culmination of all that effort, the point when they went "Finally, we feel confident enough we can actually add new stuff to the game rather than re-use old stuff"

Am 100% on board. I actually really enjoyed the three mini expansions, the plot was meh but new content is new content. Lemme at it.

<12 hours after release>

ThosePeopleYouKnowWho: {New Content Boss} {Do you need it?} 10m clear
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-07-22 21:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

These cheapskates better stick to their guns when the final reward is access to wardrobe 5. (If it's a paid mini-expansion)
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-22 21:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

They would never make the reward more inventory, that would only get them $10 or $20 or w/e, when they can charge $2 for life.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-07-22 21:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
They would never make the reward more inventory, that would only get them $10 or $20 or w/e, when they can charge $2 for life.

Open up the option for a recurring payment after spending $9.99 on the mini-expansion.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-22 21:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that would actually spark some outrage lol
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-22 21:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I just realized something though

The second picture, it's Mamool. And it's the legion battle field. However, they never post the pic of a V1 and those are not the Mamool in the ambuscade.

So. Mamool are part of the "new story missions"
[+]
By Draylo 2020-07-22 21:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Summon Atomos and store your ***inside of him!
[+]
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2020-07-22 21:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

i hope they add maats cap v2 with ilv129+ solo fights on each job to get an updated hat with +8 all stats and teleport-mog garden
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2020-07-22 22:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Wardrobe 5 and 6 will be unlocked for 1440 Deeds of Heroism

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.