Brand-new Storyline!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Brand-new storyline!
Brand-new storyline!
By gistofanything 2020-07-22 22:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't this just a follow-up to the Arciela Directive? Could've sworn this was covered in the 2018 reddit dev AMA.
[+]
By Prong 2020-07-22 22:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
They're getting (a?) new jug(s?)

I hope BST gets literally a jug of a jug....that just floats near you and break over the head of anything that aggros.
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-07-22 22:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Zeto said: »
Asura.Suteru said: »
I wonder if it has anything to do with that weird DRK(?) who showed up during the Siren quest. I had to ask an LS member to confirm it wasn't another weird future version of me since it was my character model.
That was the spirit of Arciela's father who, for some unknown reason, got zipped out of the jungle and over to our continent and fought in the crystal war as Duskraven...

Wait, where the *** was this explained? I have the golden shovel and I remember zero mention of Arciela's father.
[+]
By Aquatiq 2020-07-23 00:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Arciela gets a steam powered car and you get a new mount and KI, Arciela's S.K.R.T.
[+]
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2020-07-23 01:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

BST's new buff is that they fix charm so you can use it again and remove jugs from the game.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-07-23 02:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Aladeus said: »
BST's new buff is that they fix charm so you can use it again and remove jugs from the game.
A few years ago I would've actually been happy about this lol.

Always felt strange to me that BST gameplay suddenly shifted from being mostly Charm based to a Jug-based only.

Of course things are so much different nowadays that it would be a truly bad change now.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-07-23 02:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if it has anything to do with that weird DRK(?) who showed up during the Siren quest. I had to ask an LS member to confirm it wasn't another weird future version of me since it was my character model.
That was the spirit of Arciela's father who, for some unknown reason, got zipped out of the jungle and over to our continent and fought in the crystal war as Duskraven...

Wait, where the *** was this explained? I have the golden shovel and I remember zero mention of Arciela's father.

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Duskraven
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-07-23 03:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

If I remember it's not fully explained in-game ever, maybe slightly hinted but that's it.
It was thoroughfully explained by SE employees themselves during an old Q&A session in japan, which got translated on the official FFXI forums.
[+]
By Tristonx 2020-07-23 06:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't find the link right now, but didn't an interview state that they reassigned the story lead from CoP back onto ffxi from ffxiv?
 Phoenix.Oyama
Server: Phoenix
user: oyama
By Phoenix.Oyama 2020-07-23 17:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
At this point the salt from this game has formed a crust that has permanently bound my hand to its helm.

Might be the best thing I've ever read on ffxiah lmao.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-07-23 22:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It might have been vaguely hinted at in the story iirc but our only official confirmation was a Freshly Picked