First Page 2 3
 Asura.Icilies
Guildwork Premium
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: icilies
By Asura.Icilies 2020-05-13 22:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Our linkshell has multiple shields and since last patch we have all had drastic decreases in HQ rate. T0 and T1 HQs are all sitting at 2-4%.

Has anyone else with legit shields noticed anything off since last patch? I suppose it could be bad RNG but we have large sets of data to support something odd going on.

Thanks
By ArchaonXIII 2020-05-13 22:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Resolved Issues
The issue wherein certain synthesis-related functions were incorrect.

Ohhh they meant HQ rate, not the exploit.
 Asura.Icilies
Guildwork Premium
user: icilies
By Asura.Icilies 2020-05-13 22:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

ArchaonXIII said: »
Quote:
Resolved Issues
The issue wherein certain synthesis-related functions were incorrect.

Ohhh they meant HQ rate, not the exploit.

Ya, I read that but we crafted alot on Saturday and all seemed normal.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-05-13 22:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I thought it was reduced as well. I've been recording all my synthesis data and by far it seems way worse under same conditions.

10 Aurg. Orbs +1 Support / Food (121 Skill | 70 subs)

Skrymir Cords +1 Support / Food (120 Skill | 70 subs)

Obviously no shield and naughty naughty naughty, but data is data.

*Note: Small samples, but still f all the synths I've seen, everything has been about 1.8-2.7% for me on HQ Rate. Today has been 1.1% or less with thousands of synths for obvious reason. (No shields, crap skill & gear)
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-13 22:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

At least you have exploits to fall back on
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-05-13 22:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Edit, and facts. Ill burn a few accounts to get my gear back.
By gistofanything 2020-05-13 23:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Edit, and facts. Ill burn a few accounts to get my gear back.
Wait burn my account too, would you?!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-05-13 23:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Eli... why?
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-05-13 23:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Eli... why?
You cant ask for an exploit on one thread, then 'tsk tsk' me in another. :/

*Edit: Unless I misunderstood.
Server: Shiva
user: Aikido
By Shiva.Martialartist 2020-05-13 23:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I guess your not crafting at the right times, MoonPhase/dayofweek/monthofyear etc....

Your all crafting at the wrong times. give it a few days then post your results...
By Draylo 2020-05-13 23:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop cheating! Get your character back up the old fashioned way
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-05-13 23:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

edit: removed for rudeness because I'm upset. whatever
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-05-13 23:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Martialartist said: »
Well I guess your not crafting at the right times, MoonPhase/dayofweek/monthofyear etc....

Bet; break out the crafting chart boys!
On a Side note; thinking now it may be in fact that I have to be 1 skill over to HQ, and the other data could be chalked to bad RNG. I've still been thinking it was a lot worse today though then before patch.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-05-13 23:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
people need to hurry up and figure out how to get only loud thuds in aman trove instead of all this hq crafting stuff

My comment was in regards to this. People don't change; I didn't say I was going to stop doing what I do? My LS, and me have not changed anything about ourselves. Some people are about that life, others are not. One thing in common we have though is we don't turn our backs on each other over petty stuff like a game. Sorry if that upset you. Im not dumping my Items on the AH or causing pries to drop. Its for me, myself and I; well and a few other that got banned. If I get banned again well played SE! See you next month!
 Asura.Slyshenx
user: Slyshen1
By Asura.Slyshenx 2020-05-14 01:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

thinking now it may be in fact that I have to be 1 skill over to HQ

Nah, you can be AT it's level and still get HQ :)
 Asura.Slyshenx
By Asura.Slyshenx 2020-05-14 01:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Icilies said: »
Has anyone else with legit shields

No lie, this made me chuckle. Your shields are 'legit' huh?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-05-14 01:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Slyshenx said: »

Yeah 300 Synths and nothing, out of like 4-7k. It could have just been bad luck I guess, or good luck previously.
 Asura.Slyshenx
By Asura.Slyshenx 2020-05-14 01:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah 300 Synths and nothing, out of like 4-7k. It could have just been bad luck I guess, or good luck previously.

Holy crap, on Aurgelmir Orbs?
I can usually go 1/24, if not 1/36, and worst I've done so far is 1/48ish. But I've also gone 2/12 and 2/24 one time each. I use t3 shield, 110 Bone, 70 all subs, Bone support, bone guild gear only (no subcraft gear), Ionis, coconut rusk and I always craft them on Wind Day. (Moonphase idgaf)

Even t0 is only about 60ish? I can't remember exact number. If you've HQ'd it before, you're probably just going through a bad luck streak. Just gotta power through it and it'll come back.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-05-14 01:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy crap, on Aurgelmir Orbs?
I can usually go 1/24, if not 1/36, and worst I've done so far is 1/48ish. But I've also gone 2/12 and 2/24 one time each. I use t3 shield, 110 Bone, 70 all subs, Bone support, bone guild gear only (no subcraft gear), Ionis, coconut rusk and I always craft them on Wind Day. (Moonphase idgaf)

Even t0 is only about 60ish? I can't remember exact number. If you've HQ'd it before, you're probably just going through a bad luck streak. Just gotta power through it and it'll come back.

Yeah thats what Im saying Stats above are on Orbs +1 and Cords +1 from last week and then today. It should'nt be 1/60 one day then 0/300 the next I wouldnt think. lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By RadialArcana 2020-05-14 03:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

When people abuse stuff they just tweak the numbers negative a bit for a while to even everything out, drop rates, hq rates etc.
By ksoze 2020-05-14 03:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know why, but i love how you blatantly talk about your exploiting @elidyr.

My opinion is that ppl play this game with different motivations, I can imagine you also play it to find creative ways to write lua.

I do think you should not encourage ppl with this and that is the side effect of what you are doing.

The end responsibility is on SE of course, but you are opening doors that would be closed other wise in the mind of ppl.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-05-14 04:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

ksoze said: »
I don't know why, but i love how you blatantly talk about your exploiting @elidyr.

My opinion is that ppl play this game with different motivations, I can imagine you also play it to find creative ways to write lua.

I do think you should not encourage ppl with this and that is the side effect of what you are doing.

The end responsibility is on SE of course, but you are opening doors that would be closed other wise in the mind of ppl.

I can agree with you on most this, but I don't encourage anyone to follow my footsteps; just more to do what YOU enjoy. I don't encourage making the game worse for others. You're absolutely correct on my motives. For the most part that's why I stay on a dead server, as I have plenty of friends all over. Probably because I do like having fun actually playing the game when I do.

I am human though sometimes I get pissy at other players, or have bad days, but I never wish that anyone not have something ruined that they enjoy. Which is why I mostly ignore request for said exploits, or free items. This is my 23rd account, I'm way passed enjoying doing all that stuff again with out some means of decreasing how long it takes me to do it all again.

Sorry didn't intend for that to be so long :D
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2020-05-14 04:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm roughly 1/8 on orbs with no shield at all. Friend with s3 shield is 1/10. Maybe SE is balancing out shields and giving us common folks a break!
[+]
 Asura.Slyshenx
By Asura.Slyshenx 2020-05-14 06:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
I'm roughly 1/8 on orbs with no shield at all. Friend with s3 shield is 1/10. Maybe SE is balancing out shields and giving us common folks a break!

While I know that was sarcasm, shield has nothing to do with reaching or attaining a certain tier to be able to have a better shot at HQ. You're chance with t1-t3 shield is just the same as it would be without a shield at all. Those extra +1-2 skill won't make a difference on orbs.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-05-14 06:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Got the neck today, gonna try at 122 see if it changes anything. If anyone is curious Ill post he results if wanted.

Edit: Only making 5.
By Pantafernando 2020-05-14 06:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my 23rd account

Go seek help
[+]
 Asura.Slyshenx
By Asura.Slyshenx 2020-05-14 06:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Got the neck today, gonna try at 122 see if it changes anything. If anyone is curious Ill post he results if wanted.

I could be and probably am wrong... but I don't think it will make a difference. (Couldn't hurt and never will!)

BG has it listed at (Bonecraft 115~120)
MAX Skill possible with everything (No Kupo=124 MAX, Kupo shield=125 MAX)
You would need either 126, or 131 Skill to be able to achieve the tier 1 synthesis HQ rate.

Like I said, I am terrible with numbers and I'm sure someone will correct me but I do not believe it is possible to enhance your chances with aurgelmir orbs at this current time or even any synthesis item above at or above 115. Just keep on keepin' on and you'll get em. xD
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-05-14 06:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I could be and probably am wrong... but I don't think it will make a difference. (Couldn't hurt and never will!)

You would need either 126, or 131 Skill to be able to achieve the tier 1 synthesis HQ rate.

Like I said, I am terrible with numbers and I'm sure someone will correct me but I do not believe it is possible to enhance your chances with aurgelmir orbs at this current time or even any synthesis item above at or above 115. Just keep on keepin' on and you'll get em. xD

I got all my stuff I wanted back, just making a couple belts. Same thing though just cloth. Currently @122 / 70 sub. See how it goes after I nap for a few.
By ksoze 2020-05-14 06:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you are missing a stat, you have "skill level" and you have "Increases rate of high-quality item synthesis success".

The last one is also available on shields which adds to the equation for getting hqs as far as i understand it.

But please correct me if i'm wrong.
First Page 2 3