First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-06-06 18:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

kreek said: »
I'm glad Melphina understood the point I was making about wearing Relic feet+3, where Kaldaek lacked the ability to comprehend what is quite a simple point and thought I was confused about what slot I was talking about.

Lucky he has skarwind with his mature posts to defend him!

Guilty

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-06 18:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You just conflated your own two arguments.

Tag - doesn't matter what you wear.

Meleeing in it - matters what you wear.

You went from meleeing, to tagging.

Post deleted by User.
By Felgarr 2020-06-06 18:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to emphasise what we are talking about here - it is literally sub 1-second of gear wearing to tag TH. If you think the damage increase or survivability of wearing other gear matters then you are absolutely deluded. There is 0 logic in making THF relic hands+3 until you have an infinite number of other things or intentionally severely limit the number of jobs which you play.

Your fallacious arguments aside, AF2+3 hands are certainly an option. My TH set has alittle over Crit Hit+60%. Because TH only procs on the first swing of main hand attacks, more accuracy, crit hit or even magic evasion (for survivability and debuff avoidance) ARE ALL viable options when attempting to proc TH.

You are deluding yourself, sir.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-06 18:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It's never been confirmed if TH can only proc on the first hit, only one hit of an attack round.

All THF should offhand KC for optimal THing.

If you melee in anything that isn't offhand KC you're gimping your TH.
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-06-06 18:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

What you choose to do with your gil is your own decision, and I don't concern myself one way or another with how anyone else chooses to spend their playtime. There are too many things to work for to have them all, at least not without burning yourself out terribly. If you choose to invest your gil in other jobs and go with empyrean feet and plunderer's hands +1 I'm not going to try and tell you you should do otherwise. I merely present facts and provide insight into one playstyle versus another. The fact is this

Plunderer's Armlets +3 has 10 str, 10 Dex, 73 attack (strength accounted for), 38 accuracy (dex accounted for) more than Plunderer's Armlets +1

Plunderer's Poulaines +3 has 10 Str, 13 dex, 71 attack, and 46 more accuracy than skulker's poulaines +1, in addition to granting 5% triple attack rate and adding 11% damage to every swing of a triple attack round.

The combined stat difference between Plunderer's armlets +1 with skulker's poulaines +1 versus Plunderer's armlets +3 with Plunderer's Poulaines +3 is 144 attack, 84 accuracy, 20 strength, 23 dex, 5% triple attack rate, and 11% triple attack damage

In case you weren't aware, that's one helluva boatload of stats. Is that worth 50 million gil to most thief players? In today's game I think the answer is yes. It's a difference that will literally show up on a parse with the naked eye. Is it worth 50 million gil to YOU? That's your call. But you asked for an explination as to why the +3 armlets are worth spending 50 million gil on. THAT'S why, and it's a really good reason too.

And no, I'm not going to defend myself or my playstyle here because quite frankly I don't think anyone else cares, least of all me. I'm beyond the point where I concern myself with other's critiquing or downplaying my favorite job and its capabilities. I know what it can do, and right now I have everything I ever wanted in this game. My thief consistently puts out high damage numbers that put it in the top eschelon of performance, I have a group of friends I enjoy running events with, and I've checked off all the major in game milestones I set for myself these past few years. All this drama over "X job is stronger than Y job" or "X player is cooler than Z player" is so level 75 cap era... With the current gear standards that all the jobs have access to and the stangnant state of the game's new content releases I's like to think we should be able to move past those petty squabbles.
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-06-06 18:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
Just to emphasise what we are talking about here - it is literally sub 1-second of gear wearing to tag TH. If you think the damage increase or survivability of wearing other gear matters then you are absolutely deluded. There is 0 logic in making THF relic hands+3 until you have an infinite number of other things or intentionally severely limit the number of jobs which you play.

Your fallacious arguments aside, AF2+3 hands are certainly an option. My TH set has alittle over Crit Hit+60%. Because TH only procs on the first swing of main hand attacks, more accuracy, crit hit or even magic evasion (for survivability and debuff avoidance) ARE ALL viable options when attempting to proc TH.

What is fallacious? You have neither tried nor succeeded in disproving my point. Your post doesn't even make sense. What does crit rate have to do with this? Melphina proved trying to increase proc rate with more TH+ is worthless, so only initial tag matters.

You actually think that the gear you wear for those 0.1 seconds (assuming gearswap) to tag TH is ever really going to make a difference between life and death?

I personally full-time wear TH+6 in gear (2 Gandring) and 30-60% crit.hit rate in gear depending on the situation, but as a THF, I'm purposefully trying to proc TH on every swing or with every JA that is available.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-06-06 19:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
You just conflated your own two arguments.

Tag - doesn't matter what you wear.

Meleeing in it - matters what you wear.

You went from meleeing, to tagging.

If you have enough time to swap between gear sets to tag mobs IN DYNAMIS D then your group must be killing really freakin slow. In my runs the trash mobs often die before I even get to hit them, and engage time from one mob to the next is measured in seconds and half seconds. Wave 2 nms die in 20-30 seconds and the Su5's last for 30-45 seconds (yes I've actually started keeping track of it now and those are the trending averages). Swapping between a TH tag set rather than just fulltiming the stuff would be beyond frustrating as hell with the current rate of kill speed.

This is my wave 2 dynamis TP set

ItemSet 371496

and this is my wave 3 set

ItemSet 371497

Yes, I do fulltime TH 8 in dynamis. And yes, I do think it's worth it just because of that killspeed versus engage time issue.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-06 19:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't use a tag set in Dienamis with all the packetloss/lag to begin with, nevermind the kill speed.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-06-06 19:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I wouldn't use a tag set in Dienamis with all the packetloss/lag to begin with, nevermind the kill speed.

Holy hell is that's a good point too. I have to thumbs up that one just because it's true. Tagging TH is nigh impossible just because of all the freakin stupid %^$%#@ LAG!!!. And with that brought to light, and now that we seem to be on even terms for the discussion, assuming you're looking at a fulltime TH set rather than just a TH tagging set, YES Plunderer's armlets +3 are absolutely worth investing in.

Post deleted by User.
By Felgarr 2020-06-06 19:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

What is fallacious? You have neither tried nor succeeded in disproving my point. Your post doesn't even make sense. What does crit rate have to do with this? Melphina proved trying to increase proc rate with more TH+ is worthless, so only initial tag matters.

You actually think that the gear you wear for those 0.1 seconds (assuming gearswap) to tag TH is ever really going to make a difference between life and death?

I personally full-time wear TH+6 in gear (2 Gandring) and 30-60% crit.hit rate in gear depending on the situation, but as a THF, I'm purposefully trying to proc TH on every swing or with every JA that is available.

Go back 2 pages and see that this is statistically pointless. It does not discredit my point in the slightest.

Sure, fine. I wear 2 Gandrings to reach the +5 needed in gear, which allows me to full time malignance or use my hand/waist/feet slots more appropriately. Also, the 300 HP boost is nice, not to mention the ridiculous STP and M.Evasion/DT boost from 5/5 Malignance. Relic Hands +3 can still be used for stat boosts and a Gandring/Sandung for even more crithit, same TH without a loss in accuracy.

Your point is miniscule and isn't a hard-rule or deciding factor for anyone making a TH set or trying to proc every mob. I think most people are saying they full-time TH in Dyna-D anyway, which further makeS your point moot.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-06 20:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
If you want to delude yourself into thinking they are worth dropping 50M on for anything more than an incredibly small minority of players then keep fooling yourself.

Go be poor somewhere else.
I have multiple accounts with more gil into them than your single trash account, or either of the deldued THF players.

I just want to make a point here since we all know your state of emotion and well being.

You pointed out the original poster has little to no money.
But yet you are posting from an account (asura.tensu) that is seemingly worse.

If you are indeed so elite that you have multiple elite toons with insane gil. Why are you wasting cycles selling 5k items on the auction house.

You are a con artist, and a bad one. You are judgemental in nasty ways.

Don't judge others unless you want to be judged sir.

Even if you had a very relevant point to make to the large audience, you have now diluted it down with multiple pages of nonsense. And as I said to you many posts previously; your reputation and forum post history invalidates any sort of relevant post you may have.

go away. please.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-06 20:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Go back 2 pages and see that this is statistically pointless. It does not discredit my point in the slightest.

Sure, fine. I wear 2 Gandrings to reach the +5 needed in gear, which allows me to full time malignance or use my hand/waist/feet slots more appropriately. Also, the 300 HP boost is nice, not to mention the ridiculous STP and M.Evasion/DT boost from 5/5 Malignance. Relic Hands +3 can still be used for stat boosts and a Gandring/Sandung for even more crithit, same TH without a loss in accuracy.

Your point is miniscule and isn't a hard-rule or deciding factor for anyone making a TH set or trying to proc every mob. I think most people are saying they full-time TH in Dyna-D anyway, which further makeS your point moot.
No it doesn't, because actually your set is infinitely better for that purpose and doesn't use Relic+3 hands. If we are talking gil being easily available especially.

I still doubt the person asking that started the drama is a 5/5 mali, infinite gil player though, so my advice is still useful for the person asking.

The person that made the original post hasn't said a word. And you've caused pages of drama.

They won't go back and read, and if they do they will see that you are invalidating any sort of positive messages you could have posted.

JINJO! please give this man the silence he deserves. I know you will do it.

MODERATORS/ADMINS: I've mentioned in other posts the problems that have plauged these forums. At what point does this stop?

If I lose forum access atleast I can say I made some positive memories in these threads.. This one is just a couple pages ago now :(
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-06 20:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
I gotcha. I just wish I could get TH-tagging gearswap functionality to work and then I could just not worry about it :x

Let's put this back in a relevant spot for hopes the help provides/provided a solution.
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-06-06 23:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
MODERATORS/ADMINS: I've mentioned in other posts the problems that have plauged these forums. At what point does this stop?

It's been a busy day, sorry. I'm backreading now.
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-06-06 23:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I've issued some topic bans. Behave yourselves.

As for this:

I gotcha. I just wish I could get TH-tagging gearswap functionality to work and then I could just not worry about it :x

When I was playing thief I just subbed DNC and made my step set use my TH gear for tagging. It worked well enough. Is there a reason that wouldn't work for what you need?
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-06-06 23:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »

As for this:

When I was playing thief I just subbed DNC and made my step set use my TH gear for tagging. It worked well enough. Is there a reason that wouldn't work for what you need?

I actually use this method for non THF jobs. Like binding TH gear to Provoke, Tier 1 Nukes on DRK, Chi Blast, Etc.

Not sure how well it would work on THF when trying to build up TH levels.
Administrator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2020-06-06 23:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
build up TH levels

Yeah, I haven't really played in a while. Most of the stuff I was tagging died so fast that building levels wasn't really an option, though.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-06 23:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you sir.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-06 23:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »

As for this:

My stuff works great. The topic was TH proccing and a member was looking for guidance on sets that included TH... had mentioned their tagging function was broke. Offered assistance and then the thread went crazy and the OP went dark -.-
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-06 23:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »

There are lots of examples out there for TH functions. I want to repost his from earlier so its not lost.

https://github.com/ArislanShiva/luas/blob/master/Arislan-THF.lua

It's already written into here. You can change the sets to your gear and it will work as required.

I personally use Selindrile's gearswaps.

https://github.com/Selindrile/GearSwap

If you need any assistance with your particular function code. Post it up and we can take a gander :P
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-06-06 23:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

There was some misunderstanding on my part because I thought we were discussing a full time treasure hunter set for tping in dynamis. There is a good reason to keep TH 8 on full time, because while proc rates don’t increase very significantly by adding extra treasure hunter levels beyond 8, they DO decrease significantly by lowering your treasure hunter levels down to 3 or 4. I get a lot of TH 9 procs on junk mobs by keeping my TH gear on full time, and I regularly see TH 10 and even 11 on the NMs. Wave 2 NMs are the ONLY source of volte gear, and you can see the difference the extra proc levels make from the chart on page 1.

Case in point, if you main thief it’s probably a good idea to stay in TH 8 gear full time during your tp phase, at least in dynamis style content where fodder mobs drop big valuables. That’s also why I adamantly recommend building plunderers armlets + 3 if you plan to invest in your thief. Sure they’re no hq adhemar, but the difference between the two is reasonably small and the loss of damage is minimal. Wearing plunderers armlets +3 doesn’t feel that bad, and it allows you to cap out TH to 8 with just a perfect taming offhand. Both of those pieces have really strong damage stats and the losses of dps is indiscernible, but over time the extra TH procs WILL result in more loot for your shell. Chaac belt or the adoulin ring are alternate choices that also work in conjunction with armlets, as are several potential herculean augment combos, but nothing pairs up as neat and clean as armlets and taming.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-06-07 08:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's another fun fact for you all. In my 18+ years of playtime I have never once used a lua or gearswap. Everything I do in game has always been done with windower macroes to swap all my gear at once, but that functionality was implemented with in game gear swaps around the adoulin era so anyone can do it now even without windower. Unlike mage jobs, gearing for thief doesn't have that many complexities or situational swaps. Furthermore, gear advancements have come so far that the difference between micromanaging a treasure hunter tagging set and just fulltiming a treasure hunter 8 set is, as I mentioned above, indiscernible on a parse. You don't need to micro that much. I can put up consistent performances in any and all content I do just because thief has some good, healthy, and powerful DD options nowadays. There are only a few primary sets you'll need. Everything else is an offshoot of those, and you can incorporate minor gear variances to account for certain situations.

Primary Sets

TP set
-DT set
Weaponskill sets (Rudra's, evisceration, and aeolian edge)

Sub sets

Fulltime TH 8 TP set
Fulltime TH 8 -Dt set
Aeolian Edge TH 8 set (to hit everything in an AoE with TH 8 when people gather all the omen mobs into a lump or pull dynamis sandoria orcs on magic weakness/melee resistant mode for the corsairs)

I have all my gear sets current and up to date in my profile if anyone cares to see them. I can list them here if anyone really cares, but posting 7 or 8 gear sets takes up a lot of space so I won't do it unless asked to keep the post from getting excessively long.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7