Treasure Hunter Demystified
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-06 16:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
I gotcha. I just wish I could get TH-tagging gearswap functionality to work and then I could just not worry about it :x

If you post the lua im sure we can assist :P

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-06-06 17:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Making hands+3 is a waste of money. Better to use feet +1 and hands+1 IMO

I said that +3ing hands for a TH build is a waste of money. You have failed to disprove that, and in doing so got enraged because it exposed your own incompetency.

How about I put it in simple terms then. Your argument is that spending the money on the + 3 hands is a waste because you believe the gil cost is too excessive for the stat return, and you say it's better to use hands +1 and empyrean feet +1. Your argument is entirely subjective because you're argument is solely based off of gil value, and the "worth" of an item for each player in terms of gil for any item differs from player to player.

FFXI is an OLD game. The end game scene has been stale for almost two years now. There are those of us who have more gil than we know what to do with. I literally bring in 12-14 million gil per week just doing dynamis D runs, and that doesn't even account for the omen, oddysey, ambuscade, mars orb sales, or whatever other events I may do that only add to that sum. I've run out of gear upgrades and I have no more jobs I want to gear up, so for me gil is literally worthless at this point in time. I'm saving it up for the future whenever they release something new...hopefully empyrean +3 comes soon. But at present, stalwarts and other sellables just make a number I have no use for at present bigger.

In terms of raw stats however, Plunderer's Armlets +3 with perfect taming offhand or gandring offhand coupled with Plunderer's Poulaines +3 is vastly superior to plunder's +1 and empyrean +1. The ONLY thing empyrean feet have going for them right now is treasure hunter +3. The rest of their stats are worthless garbage. Look at Plunderer's Poulaines +3 and tell me which one you'd rather TP in.

So again, "worth" is up to the individual. If you're looking for a cost effective way to cut corners and get your TH to cap then yes, epyrean feet +1 and plunderer's armlets +1 is a cheap alternative. But if you want to perform better and contribute more to the content you're clearing, plunderer's +3 in both hands and feet is hands down the stronger option. Plunderer's armlets +3 have some strong DD stats. Empyrean +3 is just a TH piece.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-06 17:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Melphina if we keep feeding the trolls they will keep coming back.

Just pretend his posts don't exist. I play this game with my kids all the time.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-06 17:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Melphina now see what you did!

Tisk Tisk

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2020-06-06 17:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just here to find out some tips to hunt fat loot
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-06 17:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you seeing a different ffxiah forum than me?

After clicking on your profile, anyone can clearly see that you have an insanely high number of irrelevant negative posts. It's too many for me to fish out a positive one in fact.

Well you did reference arislan's LUA so there is that.

I have significantly more more than you... and multiplied is their actual usefulness to the community. Only when a troll like you comes out to play to you get me off course.

Please. Go. Away.
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-06-06 17:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Melphina now see what you did!

Tisk Tisk

Yeah, I think the WoW realm accidentally got criss crossed with the FFXI form. It looks like one of their trolls got loose. Maybe if we try and bring Final Fantasy 14 into the discussion he'll go back home?

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-06-06 17:57:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I burned gil and made full Relic+3 for MNK so I could have the ultimate Asuran Fists set. Discuss?

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-06-06 17:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

kreek said: »
If you want to delude yourself into thinking they are worth dropping 50M on for anything more than an incredibly small minority of players then keep fooling yourself.

Go be poor somewhere else.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-06 17:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »

After clicking on your profile, anyone can clearly see that you have an insanely high number of irrelevant negative posts. It's too many for me to fish out a positive one in fact.

I have significantly more more than you... and multiplied is their actual usefulness to the community. Only when a troll like you comes out to play to you get me off course.

Please. Go. Away.
I asked you to justify your decision to recommend making Relic+3 hands to someone that clearly isn't that into THF and you failed to justify it.

You got enraged by your own incompetency and tried to insult me repeatedly. I am sorry that you lack the intelligence to argue a point or the maturity to post civilly.

No I decided to NOT help you, after reading you post in the war thread that monk is better.

I can choose not to help you based on your reputation. And that sir, is exactly what I am doing.

Don't get bent out of shape because I felt that helping(explaining myself to you) was more effort that I wanted to give you. particularly you.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-06 18:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Please. Go. Away.
I asked you to justify your decision to recommend making Relic+3 hands to someone that clearly isn't that into THF and you failed to justify it.

You got enraged by your own incompetency and tried to insult me repeatedly. I am sorry that you lack the intelligence to argue a point or the maturity to post civilly.

No I decided to NOT help you, after reading you post in the war thread that monk is better.

I can choose not to help you based on your reputation. And that sir, is exactly what I am doing.

Don't get bent out of shape because I felt that helping(explaining myself to you) was more effort that I wanted to give you. particularly you.
So basically you tried to trash talk me, got humiliated and now are digging deeper. Ok. Keep trying. Any intelligent player is going to give the same advice I gave.

You are arguing with melphina. Who is reputation wise; a veteran in the actual thf forums.. Someone please help me here lol.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-06-06 18:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
If you want to delude yourself into thinking they are worth dropping 50M on for anything more than an incredibly small minority of players then keep fooling yourself.

I have multiple accounts with more gil into them than your single trash account, or either of the deldued THF players.

You want a cookie?

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-06 18:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I have multiple accounts with more gil into them than your single trash account, or either of the deldued THF players.

You want a cookie?
Reporting failed trash talking nonsense. I'm sorry that your best insult was self defeating.

No, that's my best insult. Because my goal is not to insult.

Me and you have different perspectives sir.

You really should just stay off the forums. Read only access should be used more to be honest.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-06 18:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Crawl back into your troll cave and take your bad, indefensible guidance with you.

Back at this again eh?

Listen; just because someone won't argue with you does NOT mean they don't have an argument.

In my case, I chose not to argue with you on a topic I feel you are extremely wrong in. But here we are anyway. Trolls gonna win this one tonight for sure.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-06 18:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-06 18:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't even pretend to be interested in any piece of relic+3 if you literally paid for me to make it and paid me to wear it.

I know when and how good it is or isn't, I just don't care. Important distinction.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-06-06 18:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7