March 2020 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Cerberus.Hideka
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-03-10 13:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
Did Augury Cuisses +1 just become BiS for Cloudsplitter barring an extremely outstanding MAB+ Dark Matter augment?

augury just became BIS for basically most elemental weaponskills for most jobs. even redmage they look to be top tier for everything but red lotus.

theyre potentially even BIS for RDM Phys too.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-03-10 13:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
The way the aug is worded leads me to think that part works 24/7, but if I'm wrong then I'll keep ignoring Lugra earring exists.
It's STR/DEX/VIT/INT+8 all the time, and then STR/DEX/VIT/INT+16 at night.

That and Metamorph ring just became must haves for any of the relevant job's relevant WSs. (Metamorph is INT/MND/CHR+16)
[+]
By Nariont 2020-03-10 13:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
Did Augury Cuisses +1 just become BiS for Cloudsplitter barring an extremely

Yeah, theyre fairly strong, and dont require DM level luck to get there, for jobs with access to actual magic aug paths i dont think itll change too much for them, hybrid WS like jinpu/chi im not sure on i think WSD might still win out in those slots?
 Bahamut.Empyrean
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2020-03-10 13:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hideka said: »
augury just became BIS for basically most elemental weaponskills for most jobs. even redmage they look to be top tier for everything but red lotus.
Except amalric +1 gets 40 MAB without augments or set bonus
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-03-10 14:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hideka said: »

Not really. They only become bis for heavy melee jobs like war, drk, sam, drg. Bis for pld too. All those jobs dont use much elemental WSs, beside maybe Cataclysm aoe in dynamis D, but then keep in mind Augury have 0 macc.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2020-03-10 14:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Using Thrud + Moonshade atm. Trying to see if lugra is worth the time.
If you only get the 16 at night its not worth it tbh. If you have the time and what not farm it but I dont think its gonna be worth for torcleaver if you wanna be tight on inventory.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-10 14:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of people were already carrying one for their lua swaps anyways, so it just got even better. Vanilla players probably didn't bother with it since it had the crappy tod restriction. But if you're in a lower ranked unity for the 3% DA bonus durng nighttime, that's a pretty amazing earring.

NIN can't use Thrud, so STR/DEX+16 DA+3% is an insane WS piece, for basically everything.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-03-10 14:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
If you only get the 16 at night its not worth it tbh. If you have the time and what not farm it but I dont think its gonna be worth for torcleaver if you wanna be tight on inventory.

It really depends...

Lugra likely will be better than Thrud on some WS. On war in particular, you'd want it at night on Resolution, King's Justice < 2000 TP, Vorpal Blade, Upheaval < 2000 TP, and more.

Thrud is going to win pretty handily on Savage Blade, Ground Strike, Upheaval > 2000 TP, King's Justice > 2000 TP, Steel Cyclone.
By Aerix 2020-03-10 14:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
A lot of people were already carrying one for their lua swaps anyways, so it just got even better. Vanilla players probably didn't bother with it since it had the crappy tod restriction. But if you're in a lower ranked unity for the 3% DA bonus durng nighttime, that's a pretty amazing earring.

NIN can't use Thrud, so STR/DEX+16 DA+3% is an insane WS piece, for basically everything.

It works the other way around. Top ranked Unities get the highest bonuses from gear while the lowest ranked ones get an Accolade bonus.

So if you are in a popular Unity like Apururu, Yoran-Oran or Sylvie you'll get the most out of the earring. Rank 3 or 4 and below only get 1% DA.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-10 15:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh thanks. I got that mixed up but that makes sense.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-10 15:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

That's in interesting angle;

Will upgrading UNM gear get people to start caring that spark bots are *** up the ranking.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-03-10 15:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
That's in interesting angle;

Will upgrading UNM gear get people to start caring that spark bots are *** up the ranking.

I doubt it. The variable UNM Ranking stats are too small a portion of the items stats and serve as more than just an added bonus. If the item is already good enough to use or even BiS then it will continue to be so whether or not your unity is first or last. If the difference between first place unity bonus versus last place is enough to swing an item's viability then it's already so fringe of a sidegrade that the difference between it and its competing armor wouldn't even be measurable on a parse.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2020-03-10 15:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Bahamut.Justthetip said: »

It really depends...

Lugra likely will be better than Thrud on some WS. On war in particular, you'd want it at night on Resolution, King's Justice < 2000 TP, Vorpal Blade, Upheaval < 2000 TP, and more.

Thrud is going to win pretty handily on Savage Blade, Ground Strike, Upheaval > 2000 TP, King's Justice > 2000 TP, Steel Cyclone.
This wasn't for every job my comment was more so about torcleaver. The Vit is a clear push for it im sure other jobs could but the dusk til dawn stuff pushes it away in my book
By Spaitin 2020-03-10 15:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Gelatinous ring is probably going to be paired with niq ring on upheval/torc. Outside of an acc swap it should replace regal/kari/epa
By Shichishito 2020-03-10 17:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

why has no one posted info about the new trust they let you grind for like a year?
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-03-10 17:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Because we can't get it until tomorrow at the earliest.

Though I suppose maybe some of the information is mineable.
 Fenrir.Loynis
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-03-10 17:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

He's timelocked for another day, due to Floatsam monthly objective.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-03-10 18:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know offhand which unity ranks give you max bonus on equipment? BG wiki doesn't seem to have that info.
 Fenrir.Loynis
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-03-10 18:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the unity in first rank with max potency, and potency decreases in ranks to a point if I recall right.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-03-10 18:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

For Loricate Torque +1, 3rd place is giving me +13 Def and 2nd place is giving me +14 Def. I'd imagine even on something with only 3 possible values like Lugra Earring you'd still need 1st place for max stats since I believe you need 1st rank to get 2 Refresh from Assiduity Pants as well. No clue where the drop off would be between 2% DA and 1% DA on Lugra, though.
 Fenrir.Loynis
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-03-10 18:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always assumed the cutoff point is the 5th rank union, since the weekly tally only shows the top 5 ranks, but I've never tested it.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-10 19:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

They should really change the system so that you get max bonus with the first 3 ranks.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-10 19:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

But then you don't have competition, and that's the entire premise right!?
[+]
By Draylo 2020-03-10 19:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the system is just dumb, they lock a lot of cool trusts behind it because most only pick the same three.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-10 19:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

With so many unions it would be only right to give people the freedom to pick between 3 unions, instead of "forcing" them to pick whomever is first, no matter if that's the unity they want to be in or not.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-10 19:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sadly, with the way this current update is going, it doesn't look like they're going to scrap the idea, are holding their ground, and really screwing the pooch on a system that really needed a better mechanic.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-10 19:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I've got nothing but disdain for the entirety of the unity system.

The choices are stupid (there is no choice)
The only good whms are locked.
or the only geo is locked
the melee leaders already mostly exist as regular trust and are terrible
The chat is ***. and largely fails to even function
The bonuses are mostly negligible and don't inspire competition.

I mean it is LITERALLY called unity. and it's sole purpose was competitive division, lol much?
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-10 19:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

All entirely spot-on, Eiryl.

I like the very basic idea, but the chat being full, chat filled with "." and <Hello.> for weekly/monthly RoE, and the trusts not all being equal is lame. *** super lame.

The idea of recovering old NMs and their gear and giving it all a 119 upgrade is good though. Tons of LV75 gear and the old NM that guarded them were too much of a part of the experience of classic FFXI.

It could have been handled much better, however.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-10 19:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

That is true, re-upping the old NMs was cool. But the gear didn't need to retain the 75 jobs, that was a failure.

And lack of a god damn ridill. cause yeah.
[+]
By Lobivopsis 2020-03-10 21:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
notice how they not just recycle old content but (as i understand it, could be wrong here) make us refarm old gear that we probably tossed by now?

imagine they pull similar stuff with sinister reign gear... boy i'd be mad.

Good thing I'm such a packrat that I never toss anything and always just move the excess to mules.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7