March 2020 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-10 01:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

No. Just used the chance to communicate directly with the devs and decided to go with a joke.
[+]
By Aerix 2020-03-10 01:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Rostam/Regal COR with Crooked makes Companion's Roll strong enough anyway. The COR exploit was garbo and just trivialized content.
[+]
By Spaitin 2020-03-10 01:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
I'm guessing some JP players finally noticed it and reported it.
what a square
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-03-10 01:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »
Rostam/Regal COR with Crooked makes Companion's Roll strong enough anyway. The COR exploit was garbo and just trivialized content.

I wouldn't say that. It just means a Pet: Store TP set + Pet: Haste capped is an absolute must if any serious PUP wishes to use a DD Automaton.
By Spaitin 2020-03-10 01:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk, there are legit strategies that are quite a bit more powerful than fight club cor.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-03-10 01:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

PUP should just be deleted. It was always about abusing exploits, I remember the Diabolos fight and how PUPs would cheese it. Badly executed idea for a job.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-10 01:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

He brings up a good point with the 2012 screenshot:

...which wasn't included in the weaksauce reply:

[+]
By Aerix 2020-03-10 01:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »

I wouldn't say that. It just means a Pet: Store TP set + Pet: Haste capped is an absolute must if any serious PUP wishes to use a DD Automaton.

Don't need STP setups. DA Taeon with Comp Roll is plenty powerful already.

Spaitin said: »
Idk, there are legit strategies that are quite a bit more powerful than fight club cor.

Obviously there are many strats that are stronger than PUP burning. But I was specifically talking about COR97 turning PUP burns into easy mode because matons could just spam WSs without actually having to gear for it properly.

Draylo said: »
PUP should just be deleted. It was always about abusing exploits, I remember the Diabolos fight and how PUPs would cheese it. Badly executed idea for a job.

Strong words coming from someone who bots and exploits regardless of the job.
[+]
By Spaitin 2020-03-10 01:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously there are many strats that are stronger than PUP burning. But I was specifically talking about COR97 turning PUP burns into easy mode because matons could just spam WSs without actually having to gear for fast TP.
So was I. Even with the exploit it wasnt very strong. I would be okay with making companions roll as strong as fight club cor at all times.
Strong words coming from someone who bots and exploits regardless of the job.
Someone who exploits would probably be a good authority on something that is easy to exploit.
[+]
By Aerix 2020-03-10 01:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Spaitin said: »
So was I. Even with the exploit it wasnt very strong.

Not very strong compared to fully buffed players or conduit burning? Sure.

But not very strong in general? Nah, if you actually think that you need to work on your PUP more. A fully buffed DD maton can do pretty fantastic DPS without COR97 or Overdrive.
By Spaitin 2020-03-10 01:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

But not very strong in general?
Yeah, not very strong in general.
By Aerix 2020-03-10 01:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

You're making it pretty obvious that COR97 was a huge crutch for you.

As far as I'm concerned I'm happy for the fix. Good riddance. The game is already exploit-ridden and easy enough as is.
By Spaitin 2020-03-10 01:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You're making it pretty obvious that COR97 was a huge crutch for you.
No, i only used it a few times and realized a regular DD party was FARRRRRRR better. But now that it is gone, guess ill make my cor 99 lol.
By Aerix 2020-03-10 01:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course a regular DD party is far better. If it weren't then pet strats would always be the best and fastest option.

Reasons to use pet strats are for fun and/or to be able to lowman without needing extra support chars.

I understand that PUP without COR97 isn't/wasn't efficient enough for your purposes, but I still think the game is better off when exploits are fixed.
By Draylo 2020-03-10 02:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone is a little angry no? Calm down bro, its just a game.
By Draylo 2020-03-10 02:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I also don't bot or exploit, so you got those wrong.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-10 02:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ambuscade V2 is just a re-skinned Tulfaire. I thought it looked more like a unique model, but meh. What was I thinking?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-10 03:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Any way you can check the possible augments on those items from some NPC etc?
If there's a dialogue somewhere, then you can pull out the augs from there.
I know Cair did the same for RMEA augs when they came out

Anyway, I'm kinda puzzled about "mobilization", what even is the purpose of that? Anybody got a clue?
I guess to prevent people from afking at Domain Invasion and forcing them to take at least 1 action on the Wyrm to make so they can get points?
Can't think of anything else.
 Shiva.Malthar
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2020-03-10 03:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Someone explain this COR 97 ***
It's like "Fight Club".
 Lakshmi.Leosin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2020-03-10 03:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »

Anyway, I'm kinda puzzled about "mobilization", what even is the purpose of that? Anybody got a clue?
I guess to prevent people from afking at Domain Invasion and forcing them to take at least 1 action on the Wyrm to make so they can get points?

Keeps you from getting killed on entry basically.
[+]
By Aerix 2020-03-10 03:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You literally uploaded a gameplay video showing yourself using Ja0wait.

YouTube Video Placeholder

http://youtu.be/I3HsYAd7W_8?t=67
(Embed seems broken?)

While at COR97 using Companion's Roll would give pets like 200-300+ TP Regain per tick simply by rolling anything (though I think you had to avoid lucky and 11).
 Ragnarok.Casey
Server: Ragnarok
user: Casey
By Ragnarok.Casey 2020-03-10 03:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember hearing about it years ago but I don't know where. It's got something to do with a specifically level 97 COR having an absolutely broken pet tp gain with companion's roll due to spaghetti code. I don't really know any details about it though.
By Draylo 2020-03-10 03:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You literally uploaded a gameplay video showing yourself using Ja0wait.

YouTube Video Placeholder

http://youtu.be/I3HsYAd7W_8?t=67
(Embed seems broken?)

While at COR97 using Companion's Roll would give pets like 200-300+ TP Regain per tick simply by rolling anything (though I think you had to avoid lucky and 11).

Addon = exploit/bot now, how dumb are you?
By Pantafernando 2020-03-10 03:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Well now this just showed how strong is TH.

Plus even though they meant for direct drop, the chart seems like their division on rarity. I supose Kraken Club should fall either in very rare or super rare category. Omen body like Super or ultra rare.

It means, if you spam 1000 times any content you have great odds to get everything in game.
 Shiva.Carrelo
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2020-03-10 03:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

JA0 is definitely a big ol’ cheat lol

Asura.Sechs said: »
Unity NPCs display the max augments for all currently available items. :)

Asura.Sechs said:
Supposedly you can also just click it off as well if that’s more convenient.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-03-10 03:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Just delete PUP so that guy can go away. Stupid job that was always useless since day 1.

Quote:
JA0 is definitely a big ol’ cheat lol

It isn't an exploit, you can pretty much get the same results with a timed equip swap like people did in the day with BLM/RDM solo nuking. I won't say its not beneficial but I was sure I unloaded it for the video because you'll always get some tard like him scrutinizing every little detail and disliking it. Of course even gearswap is a bigger boost and yet all these cheaters on this site, no?
[+]
By Aerix 2020-03-10 03:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Addon = exploit/bot now, how dumb are you?

Imagine thinking that just because something's labeled an addon it can't be a bot or exploit. Yikes.

Just delete PUP so that guy can go away. Stupid job that was always useless since day 1.

It isn't an exploit, you can pretty much get the same results with a timed equip swap like people did in the day with BLM/RDM solo nuking. I won't say its not beneficial but I was sure I unloaded it for the video because you'll always get some tard like him scrutinizing every little detail and disliking it. Of course even gearswap is a bigger boost and yet all these cheaters on this site, no?

"Someone is a little angry no? Calm down bro"
By Draylo 2020-03-10 03:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk, you're the one that dug for a video I posted months ago to compare with Buuki, who also used JA0 in his video.

I didn't dig thru anything of yours, but if we look at your great post history we can see what a cry baby you are. Get under your skin that badly about PUP?

Quote:
Imagine thinking that just because something's labeled an addon it can't be a bot or exploit. Yikes.

I think you need to look up what an exploit is.
By Aerix 2020-03-10 04:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't have to dig for anything. I remembered watching the video and from there it was 2 sec google search away as it's the most recently uploaded video on your channel.

And sure, maybe I'm a crybaby because I dislike exploits, but at least I'm not lacking self-awareness like you.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7