New Dragon-Mireu
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 24 25 26
 Shiva.Osborn
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Osborn
By Shiva.Osborn 2020-10-30 12:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The last time I went to Mireu there was a small group spike flailing the whole time, despite everyone in the zone yelling at them.

Either DI bots or trolls but, I stopped going after that.

I was just farming beads and selling wyrm ash at this point anyways.
By Shichishito 2020-10-30 14:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

DI is a joke. if mireu pops and you show up dragon the dragon does not load. if someone feels funny he can force flail and consequently cockblock the entire server. even if your server keeps the mireu streak up and wyrm ash supply flowing for months it had almost no impact on stuff like aurgelmir orb prices.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-10-30 14:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Next Mireu that pops, im not sure if this will work, but if it does, gonna just go as a SMN and spam BP wards to benefit the others.

If earthen ward/armor can hit everyone outside party, what i suspect it does, it will increase dramatically the surviability
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-10-30 15:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

thats a honorable endeavor but i still don't see the point in farming dominion points and provide ashes for the server. if crafters insist on price gouging let them farm those ashes themselfs, i'm sure there is a bot for that, too.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [248 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-07-05 18:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So Asura lost our 5 figure streak. People are saying it was at 1% for 30 minutes and despawned. Can anyone that was there confirm. I didn't even know it was up tonight until I noticed we lost the streak. I'm gonna miss the 100 points for one fight / day.

Of course, it's not like this is Siren's Besieged streak so they won't give Asura back the 5-figure number, I'm guessing. Once upon a time, Siren's Besieged streak was lost during a maintenance so SE returned the status to them. I doubt they will return it to Asura even if the 1% for 30 minutes was a bug.

Can anyone there confirm any of this, please? Again, wasn't there or even aware it was up sadly.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-05 18:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lost the streak indeed, lovely, I didn't do DI today yet
By Aftermath90 2021-07-05 19:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Can indeed confirm this is the case, once he hit 1% he no longer took any form of damage, and we had 170 in zone.

-- Multiple folks made GM calls, so who knows how it will shake out
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-07-05 19:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder what causes it. Maybe he died to a DoT tic of Dia or a Helix or something and that broke it? Like you said. Who knows how it will turn out. I bet the chat log there in /say and was *** livid.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-05 19:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

"We don't care" - SE
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-07-05 19:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Most likely its working as expected because its like that for a long time already.

Apparently, once you enter the fight last moments, you need to keep triggering some sort of proc to finish the fight.

But the thing is, once Mireu manages to wipe out entire battlefield, its obviously too hard to recover because he starts wiping out every trusts back to back, and his spike flail still can break an entire pool of HP despite a player hitting -80% PDT.

As i dont remember people actually finding its weakness, probably all of the wipes happens at single digit %
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-07-05 19:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, it's 9 AM in Japan so maybe we'll hear about it soon. It would suck if it happened next Mireu or every Mireu from now on. It's a pretty broken thing still and they never fixed it not spawning in view for people. Things like monsters should take priority over random *** Xxsephirothfourtwentydudexx random person loading.

Pantafernando said: »
Most likely its working as expected because its like that for a long time already.

Apparently, once you enter the fight last moments, you need to keep triggering some sort of proc to finish the fight.

But the thing is, once Mireu manages to wipe out entire battlefield, its obviously too hard to recover because he starts wiping out every trusts back to back, and his spike flail still can break an entire pool of HP despite a player hitting -80% PDT.

As i dont remember people actually finding its weakness, probably all of the wipes happens at single digit %

Except we've (Asura) have killed Mireu likely hundreds (or at least dozens) of times in a row to get into the five-digit consecutive kill numbers. It's never stayed at 1% for half an hour.
By Pantafernando 2021-07-05 19:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shits happens everywhere.

Most servers can kill Mireu with proper playerbase but probably the proc is some random junk. And if you cant hit it… its just no good.

Having more players increase the odds of keeping Mireu procced, but there are always those moments where the server is less active and things just dont works as expected.

Its not like rare occurrence is impossible to happen. Its just… rare
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-05 19:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It was broken is the deal.

It did the "refuses to give in" and literally refused to break the mode and not die.
By Rips 2021-07-05 19:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I’m currently on the smallest server - quetz - and I have no idea how they down mieru there. I showed up once and there was a total of 3 people there, including myself.

Super nice folks, though!
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2021-07-05 20:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

RIP, Bahamut DI streak is at 24,573 atm lol

edits:

Quote:
Can indeed confirm this is the case, once he hit 1% he no longer took any form of damage

This happens regularly, but never seen it last more than a few minutes. If it was 30mins it's out of the norm for sure. Weird. Maybe it was bugged? Not sure if the conditions of how this 'give in' status may be broken is/are known yet. Hard to believe it would not be broken with so many in the zone.
By Draylo 2021-07-05 20:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't he get stronger the more people are in the battle? Maybe on those dead servers there is barely anyone doing it, so he can be killed easier.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2021-07-05 20:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wassa said: »
then he did the "Refused to give in" around 30-40mins in at 1% hp, never seen that before but him doing it once is intended, then he did it at least once more (log going crazy as i didnt filter other ppl dmg), not sure if he's supposed to do that multiple times, or how many times it did in that fight, but we ran out of time with everyone hitting for 0 dmg and reset the streak.

Yeah, seen it do this more than one time in a single fight before, but not for longer than 5mins, usually less than that. Afaik, it will always do this when it's about to die.
By Shichishito 2021-07-05 21:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

sounds like asuran's are in dire need of some protein shakes.
By macsdf1 2021-07-05 22:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

He does that refuse to give up all the time on Bismark, many time's a fight, eventually he dies tho.

But our streak resets all the time here due to peeps flailing it with thier trusts.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-07-06 07:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Doesn't he get stronger the more people are in the battle? Maybe on those dead servers there is barely anyone doing it, so he can be killed easier.
He doesn't have scaling.
By Draylo 2021-07-06 07:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

From a quick glance,

"The maximum HP of monsters will increase based on the number of participants."

How did you find this didn't apply ro Mireu?
By Pantafernando 2021-07-06 08:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Does dynamic scalling exist?

One thing is you starting a fight in a instanced field where you know none will join after the start, calculating the maximum HP and assigning it to the foe.

Another thing is to scale in an open field battle where anyone can join and leave. Because then you would need to also scale down the HP once players leave the field, otherwise it would be very unfair.

My guess is that no open field battle have dynamic scalling just for how hard/unfair is to implement that, but surely i could be wrong.
By Drayco 2021-07-06 08:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Does dynamic scalling exist?

One thing is you starting a fight in a instanced field where you know none will join after the start, calculating the maximum HP and assigning it to the foe.

Another thing is to scale in an open field battle where anyone can join and leave. Because then you would need to also scale down the HP once players leave the field, otherwise it would be very unfair.

My guess is that no open field battle have dynamic scalling just for how hard/unfair is to implement that, but surely i could be wrong.

Final Fantasy 14 actually doesn't have the reverse scaling thing. This happened a lot when I was doing BA in Eureka and we'd have 48 people going into BA. We'd spawn the zone boss while waiting to go in and then enter... Leaving the 6 remaining people in zone to deal with a zone boss that's HP is based on 48 more people being there.

Seeing how much more lazy FFXI devs are than FFXIV, I don't doubt for a second that they would scale it's HP at spawn and not give a ***about anything that happens after.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-27 15:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What the *** asura we lost the mireu bonus again, come on
By Rips 2021-07-27 15:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
What the *** asura we lost the mireu bonus again, come on

Population has been lower this month. I also think people have become apathetic and have taken on the whole “someone else will kill it” mantra.
By Tokimemofan 2021-07-27 15:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously it’s annoying get a grip Asura uggh
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-07-27 15:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw no yells in town that it was up and apperantly something flailed it c.c
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-07-27 15:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll just point out... I've "fought" Mireu 5 or 6 times. I have never actually seen that damn dragon.
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 24 25 26