2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » New Dragon-Mireu
New Dragon-Mireu
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26
By Bongarippa 2023-01-15 07:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey i was there for this last night! Was a crock of ***. I barely ever do di as it is, but after that crap with mireu there's no point in even barely ever doing it.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2023-01-15 11:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait wait. I know this. I’ve sorta seen it before…

Step 1… Mireu keeps winning, and we complain
Step 2… SE says “working as intended”, but they also eventually relent, and releases several videos, one for each of the different languages, showing vague hints on how to knock down the last 1%
Step 3… ???
Step 4… profit
By RadialArcana 2023-01-15 11:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So is this just some mechanic? This doesn't come across as a bug, it's happening for some specific reason.

It's not unheard for monsters to lock at .0001% hp until you do a specific thing. Even during sky times there was a monster that would not die unless you got a kill show with a specific weapon.
By Pantafernando 2023-01-15 11:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

That sounds plausible, but whats not consistent is that so many people throwing stuffs and it doesnt trigger the proc.

Well, this do points out that the proc is related to inflicting some dmg to it. So, it would make sense if Mireus gets invincible, not further dmg is done and be becomes unkillable.
By Tokimemofan 2023-01-15 12:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
And the proc is figured btw?
Nope and probably never will be with the inevitable 50+ players and their trusts wailing on it at the end. Most of the time the chat log is nearly broken by that point.
 Asura.Iamaman
Server: Asura
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-01-15 12:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

This was happening with some frequency on Asura for a while, to the point I think we had 2 or 3 (maybe more) losses in a year because of it. It was drowned out by the Spike Flail drama that followed.

There was some theorycrafting that it related to the person who received the buff for killing the last fodder mob, but I don't think anything was confirmed. It's such a rare thing to observe, it's equally possible it's just a bug and it doesn't work as intended, but they haven't figured that out yet.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-15 12:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Person who got the buff needing to kill was always my thought, but I've never cared enough to go.

Other people say that's not the condition, but other people are wrong far too often.

Nothing else really makes sense, other than it really is simply a purposeful *** you reset.
(Not that I would accuse ffxi of ever being logical)
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2023-01-15 13:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, I’ve gotten the Awakening status, then Mireu popped, and about midway through I died, then my son woke up from a nap and I came back to it dead about an hour later.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-15 13:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

But you did some amount of damage to it, say you got the buff but never hit mireu at all, would it still die. Or you home pointed.

It's silly ***like that.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2023-01-15 13:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

That’s true, I did die around 50%, and it was early on so the lag wasn’t astounding.
By Tokimemofan 2023-01-15 14:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iamaman said: »
There was some theorycrafting that it related to the person who received the buff for killing the last fodder mob, but I don't think anything was confirmed. It's such a rare thing to observe, it's equally possible it's just a bug and it doesn't work as intended, but they haven't figured that out yet.

Having been to about 80 Mireu fights at this point I have to assume that the awakening buff has little to do with it. Prior to the spike flail nerf I had seen known bots get the buff then die to a flail in a few seconds. I’ve seen trusts pets etc take the buff. It doesn’t matter who gets the buff. Thing to keep in mind is that once the proc phase begins melee attacks no longer generate TP so if that phase doesn’t end fast weapon skills quickly become exhausted. The exception is tp feed from Selh’teus trusts and any regain status effects including the awaken buff. It is entirely possible that the proc is a specific weapon skill or ability that occasionally rolls a rarely used job specific skill. It’s unlikely because the occasions I have seen it bug out on have actually been pops during peak hours, if this were the case you would expect statistically to see it happen during those midnight pops that even on Asura sometimes time out but most reports seem to show it reaching this phase in under 30 minutes which is only possible under extreme overcrowding. On average this phase lasts under 20 seconds
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26