First Page 2 3 ... 58 59 60
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-14 22:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
lol, Trump can't even answer basic questions. No one should be worried about debating him.

Vic, circa 2016
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-14 22:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, and I distinctly remember him doing poorly in all the debates. Nothing has changed since then. He is a terrible speaker that runs away from direct questions everyday.
By Voren 2020-04-15 03:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I distinctly remember him doing poorly in all the debates.

It didn't matter then, it won't matter now.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-16 08:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it will Voren!
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-21 18:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lots of talk going on concerning Biden’s potential running mate. The latest rumblings are about Michelle Obama. At the end of the day, I don’t think it’s going to be his decision to make.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-21 18:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I still think Klobuchar is a win button for him.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-21 18:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Three things,
Everyone seems to think pretty much everyone is going to be Bidens VP. I hear all day long Whitmer is/going to be/wants to be VP. (Michigan's Governor).

Obviously it's not his choice. It's whoever the numbers pick.

The only 100% certain way to lose is to pick a female VP (sorry ladies, it's just how it is)
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-21 18:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I still think Klobuchar is a win button for him.

She’s a better choice than Michelle Obama for sure.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Obviously it's not his choice. It's whoever the numbers pick DNC picks.

Slight correction there.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-21 18:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Michelle Obama has always said she has zero interest in politics, there haven't been any indications her mind has changed. Is she smart enough? Yes, of course. But I don't see her leaping into the field with a Vice Presidential bid.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-21 19:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The only 100% certain way to lose is to pick a female VP (sorry ladies, it's just how it is)

Well, then you'll be pleased to know that the current top ten betting odds are all for women.

Who comes in at number 11?

You guess it.

Mitt Romney.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-21 19:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, wrong link for the one with Romney:

Linky
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-21 19:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It's his (their) race to lose. Nothing he does can take a vote from trump, only lose them to him.

All he has to do is pick a male, pretty much literally anyone and he's in. As racist as the country is, it's twice as sexist.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-21 20:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Biden has already said its a woman, Klobuchar is the best possible running mate, man or woman.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-21 20:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It's his (their) race to lose. Nothing he does can take a vote from trump, only lose them to him.

It's pretty much their race to lose every election and yet it still happens. Turnout is a beast.
[+]
By Voren 2020-04-22 00:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd almost see Cuomo as a pick if he wasn't elbow deep in running NY.

I do see him as a contender in 2024, so long as the Dems don't completely shoot themselves between now and then.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-04-22 10:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The VP pick is usually about what else they bring with them.

Trump chose Pense because of Ohio and Christians.

Any woman helps Biden somewhat with women but other that that what does Klobuchar bring? Minnesota? And what else?

Stacey Abrams brings additional black turnout throughout the south. Which can turn the presidential tide in FL and GA and perhaps defeat Graham in the senate.

Michelle Obama, who isn't really running for VP, could bring with her 80% of the Obama collation and the possibility of singlehandedly flipping several states.

I will cheerfully entertain arguments for other possible VP candidates.

Thanks for that oddsmaker link Rav.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-22 10:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Biden doesn't need help with the black vote, his popularity among blacks is well documented. On top of that, Obama, who is overwhelmingly popular and loved in the black community, is going to campaign heavily for Biden in that regard. He will probably spend all of his time in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin, the only 3 states that matter, turning out the black vote.

Trump has nothing to counter that with. He only won 8% of the black vote in '16, and black people stayed home in that election. I can easily see Biden cutting that number in half with just his name and Obama in his corner. So he doesn't need Stacy Abrams for that.
 Lakshmi.Leosin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2020-04-22 11:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Well, then you'll be pleased to know that the current top ten betting odds are all for women.

Who comes in at number 11?

You guess it.

Mitt Romney.

I chortled at this. Gracias for the early morning lol Rav.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-04-22 14:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Biden doesn't need help with the black vote, his popularity among blacks is well documented...
He needs help with young blacks and young people in general.

A surge in the youth vote put Obama way over the top.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-22 14:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing says “youth vote” like no malarkey Joe!
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-25 12:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of no malarkey Joe, his most recent sexual assault claim just took an interesting twist:

New clip emerges of Joe Biden sexual assault accuser Tara Reade's mother phoning Larry King 27 years ago to ask if her daughter should go to the press about a 'prominent senator'

Quote:
'I'm wondering what a staffer would do besides go to the press in Washington?' the caller asked.

'My daughter has just left there, after working for a prominent senator, and could not get through with her problems at all, and the only thing she could have done was go to the press, and she chose not to do it out of respect for him.'

Nothing conclusive, just another layer to the onion. At least it helps to dispel any notion that her accusation was conjured out of thin air. Whatever the problem was 27 years ago, it was bad enough that she confided in her mother about it and it made her mother upset enough to spam calls to Larry King's show until she got through.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Server: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-04-25 13:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, a 27 year-old clip from a woman claiming her daughter is claiming that an unnamed man sexually assaulted her...and published in a UK tabloid that is equivalent to our National Enquirer.

Wow, and this is the best the alt-right can come up with? So pathetic.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-25 13:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
lol, a 27 year-old clip from a woman claiming her daughter is claiming that an unnamed man sexually assaulted her...and published in a UK tabloid that is equivalent to our National Enquirer.

So what is it, Oz? Are the accusations only believable when they are made against Republicans and Trump's Supreme Court picks? I'm sure you can find this woman's accusations on other respectable news outlets. Maybe you'll believe them then?

#BelieveAllWomen
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-04-25 13:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So what is it, Oz? Are the accusations only believable when they are made against Republicans and Trump's Supreme Court picks? I'm sure you can find this woman's accusations on other respectable news outlets. Maybe you'll believe them then?

#BelieveAllWomen

I'll believe it if there were an actual accusation or charges or something...surely not a tabloid story from the Daily mail. What am I to believe anyway? What the mother said, or what she said her daughter said, or what she said her daughter said that he did to her?

Do you believe in batboy? He made the cover of the National Enquirer. Also, you can always pick up a copy to learn about the recent Elvis sightings, since those rags claim his death was a conspiracy. That's the daily mail, it even made it into a famous song:

I said Charles, don't you ever crave
To appear on the front of the Daily Mail
Dressed in your Mother's bridal veil?

That's the kind of stuff you find in the Daily Mail lol.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-25 13:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

What a strange hill to die on.

I'll believe it if there were an actual accusation or charges or something...surely not a tabloid story from the Daily mail.

Oh look, an actual accusation and police report, and it's found in non-tabloids!

Time
Politico
Washington Post
NPR
Newsweek
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-25 13:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I only reported the Daily Mail because they had the bit about Larry King. I assumed that you were aware of the other, highly reported aspects of the accusation against Biden. Apparently I was wrong.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-04-25 13:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

But they are all mainstream media, which faithful right wingers says is all facts I don't like...
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-25 13:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Chanti, you're better than this. But don't worry, it's being reported on Fox News too. No matter what your preferred source is, you're covered!
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-04-25 13:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What a strange hill to die on.

I'll believe it if there were an actual accusation or charges or something...surely not a tabloid story from the Daily mail.

Oh look, an actual accusation and police report, and it's found in non-tabloids!

Time
Politico
Washington Post
NPR
Newsweek

I went through the first 2, but do not see them mentioning the Larry King clip, which by the way doesn't say anything about a sexual assault. Could you let me know which has that?

wanna try again? I mean, you seem to be moving that goal post since your initial message was claiming validity to the Daily Mail:

Speaking of no malarkey Joe, his most recent sexual assault claim just took an interesting twist

A strange hill indeed. ;)
First Page 2 3 ... 58 59 60