i want to make a H2H for my mnk
 Asura.Sirris
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-11-01 10:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
Honestly, if any job needs a nerf it's RUN.
SAM is nowhere near as OP as RUN.

Edit: and Cor. Cor is stupidly OP rn.

For sure. RUN and COR are good for 95% of content. I'd argue GEO too on that same basis.

Samurai is just a well-designed and balanced job.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-01 10:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I said GEO needs nerfed. Or more accurately, Frailty needs nerfed.
I said this and people on Asura went apeshit lmao.
They nerfed Languor, but not Frailty. Makes 0 sense.

But yeah, RUN is the most unkillable job in the game, it has 0 weaknesses now. Full dispel, no problem. And with max buffs become a very serious DD. And even without buffs, just capped haste it still DDs very well, very underrated DD without buffs.

COR is just the best, most versatile DD out there and makes Dyna D easy as hell with them 99k Leadens on Wave 3 boss. And granted that Chaos, Sam and Fighter's roll are some of the most OP buffs in the game makes it even better of a job.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-01 10:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey!! I'll have you know I hopped on Monk bandwagon after I got my glowy h2h.
Avallon can confirm if he ever comes back /cry.
By Nariont 2019-11-01 10:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Parry should act like Guard not anymore negating the entire damage.

Guard, as well as shield block should just have a similiar rate of occurrence to run parry, only time i ever feel guard even exists is when i use dodge
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-11-01 11:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Only people with Black Belt 75 MNK can call people out for bandwagonning. Rest of MNKs are newfags.
What about ppl who had to settle for TM Hooks +2 because they couldnt get Destroyers....... T_T
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-01 11:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
SimonSes said: »
Parry should act like Guard not anymore negating the entire damage.

Guard, as well as shield block should just have a similiar rate of occurrence to run parry, only time i ever feel guard even exists is when i use dodge

ALL of the defensive skills need a complete revamp evasion guard parrying(non run) and shield (non ochain) are all woefully low on the activation rates.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-11-01 11:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirris said: »
Samurai is just a well-designed and balanced job.

I have a Masa SAM as my best DD job (and I like it more than MNK!), but I dunno that it demonstrates some stroke of design genius when the most effective way to play it in 95% of situations is to just point at a mob and FUDO FUDO FUDO FUDO FUDO FUDO until it's dead.

As for my old school cred, since that's what we're doing now, MNK was my original "main" 15+ years ago - my formative FFXI memories (trauma?) were things like camping Morbolger, BB NMs, O.Kote farming, fighting for Haidate... So apparently that means I can look down on the lowly bandwagon?

I said GEO needs nerfed. Or more accurately, Frailty needs nerfed.
I said this and people on Asura went apeshit lmao.
They nerfed Languor, but not Frailty. Makes 0 sense.

Well, it makes some sense from a design perspective if you consider that in large part, the "meta" at that time was to just throw BLM SCH at anything difficult, with very little room for 3/4 of the jobs to contribute to the setup (RUN COR and maybe WHM could also have a spot), and a prevalent complaint at that time was more about "FFXI SO UNFAIR TO MELEES". So they did have some motivation to push people toward trying to melee again.

That being said, I don't think you're necessarily wrong... Minuet/Chaos/Fury/Frailty all do basically the same thing, but Langour is a bit more unique. They had some opportunity to differentiate the buffing jobs a bit by leaving BRD as a more melee-oriented buffing job (and maybe pump up Minuets to accentuate that!), focused on GEO as the one that has better synergy with mages, and COR as somewhat of an in-between option from a buff perspective, along with better DPS (though I'm sure someone is screaming right now that Samurai+[some other roll] >>>> BRD for melees)
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-11-01 11:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
As for my old school cred, since that's what we're doing now, MNK was my original "main" 15+ years ago - my formative FFXI memories (trauma?) were things like camping Morbolger, BB NMs, O.Kote farming, fighting for Haidate... So apparently that means I can look down on the lowly bandwagon?

I don't look down, I just acknowledge who is who. For those wanting to know whether x is as good as x+1 is like asking if brown belt is as good as black belt *IMO*. I'm just happy ppl can experience MNK now and just MAYBE enjoy it as much as I have over the years. (and the trauma, yessss the pain!)
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-11-01 12:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I was going to re-gear my MNK and brush off my Spharai until I saw that someone brought legshards from 300k to 5m, voidlegs from 60k to 6m, and torsoshards from 50k to 1m. Guess I'll stay on my DRK.
[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2019-11-01 12:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
I was going to re-gear my MNK and brush off my Spharai until I saw that someone brought legshards from 300k to 5m, voidlegs from 60k to 6m, and torsoshards from 50k to 1m. Guess I'll stay on my DRK.

Do I win a prize if I know who it was?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-01 13:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gippali said: »
I love Vize bashing as much as the next guy, but that's just free market economics there. They were going up regardless, it's just a matter of who gave up on pretending they could get them for 1/10 their value first.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-01 13:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »

[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2019-11-01 13:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Bismarck.Gippali said: »
I love Vize bashing as much as the next guy, but that's just free market economics there. They were going up regardless, it's just a matter of who gave up on pretending they could get them for 1/10 their value first.

Ohhh I know, it's just hilarious to see them go up that much regardless of who it is lol.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-11-01 14:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

And I bet half the people paying for them don’t know that boost has gotten changed.
By SimonSes 2019-11-01 14:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually like boost, even that its almost useless for dps. Its still great to hit a crit for more than people ws or make your WS hit really hard either just to make you feel better or to actually time it to close SC started by someone else :)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-01 15:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a Statue Crusher PLUS campaign coming up soon, so shard/void prices should drop reasonably for a time afterwards. You don't have to pay the idiot price if you don't want to.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-01 15:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
There is a Statue Crusher PLUS campaign coming up soon, so shard/void prices should drop reasonably for a time afterwards. You don't have to pay the idiot price if you don't want to.

The only thing that will drop will be pup prices lol. The whole can only drop dual job thing is pretty terrible tbh.

(I know thats not really related to the campaign, just saying in general, COR is the focus 100% of the time for "free drops")
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-01 15:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

lolPup
By Matic 2019-11-01 15:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
Only people with Black Belt 75 MNK can call people out for bandwagonning. Rest of MNKs are newfags.
What about ppl who had to settle for TM Hooks +2 because they couldnt get Destroyers....... T_T

i remember when spartan cesti were cool

who remembers the brief time during 85cap when using wargfangs+footwork gave you a 3hit* build like 75% of the time

*technically a 3-round build from 0 tp; iirc, you could WS > 2 rounds of DA kicks > WS
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-11-01 15:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Matic said: »

who remembers the brief time during 85cap when using wargfangs+footwork gave you a 3hit build like 75% of the time
dont forget birdbanes for piercing damage!
By Matic 2019-11-01 15:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

who remembers the brief time during 85cap when using wargfangs+footwork gave you a 3hit build like 75% of the time
dont forget birdbanes for piercing damage!

i dual wielded a birdbane and a vampiric claw for piercing AND slashing!
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-01 15:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

That won't nerf RUN.
Reducing the damage dealt by RUN won't touch how unkillable it is.
The fact 1 job can tank a Master Trial with 11 mobs attacking at once without any dedicated healer and only getting 1 cure every few minutes is utterly broken.
The hardest hitting mobs in the game hit for less than 10 damage. Regen 4 is more than enough to cover that.
Magic damage doesn't touch its magic evasion.

It can resist almost any debuff at any given time, Most of the time a RUN will not use their own Barspells unless solo.
I'm pretty sure each Rune gives 84 Resistance, or it should, I forget numbers off top of my head.

Cor is just a good DD, There isn't any hard content out now since it's late in the game's lifespan.
The fact it can go from meleeing with top DD jobs to ranged attacking better than a RNG.
 Leviathan.Eloc
Server: Leviathan
user: Eloc
By Leviathan.Eloc 2019-11-01 15:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Or Vampiric Claws for slashing, so you and a RDM can go duo Warder of Temperance.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2019-11-01 16:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

who remembers the brief time during 85cap when using wargfangs+footwork gave you a 3hit* build like 75% of the time
all I remember from 85 cap were people making 100 threads pissed off that a giant was murdering them while they ran around doing quests hoping for papers
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-11-01 16:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

That won't nerf RUN.
Reducing the damage dealt by RUN won't touch how unkillable it is.
The fact 1 job can tank a Master Trial with 11 mobs attacking at once without any dedicated healer and only getting 1 cure every few minutes is utterly broken.
The hardest hitting mobs in the game hit for less than 10 damage. Regen 4 is more than enough to cover that.
Magic damage doesn't touch its magic evasion.

It can resist almost any debuff at any given time, Most of the time a RUN will not use their own Barspells unless solo.
I'm pretty sure each Rune gives 84 Resistance, or it should, I forget numbers off top of my head.

Cor is just a good DD, There isn't any hard content out now since it's late in the game's lifespan.
The fact it can go from meleeing with top DD jobs to ranged attacking better than a RNG.

Corsair is pretty good but for sustained DPS in melee it's obviously not as good as the dedicated heavy DDs. TP gain on melee COR is pretty average, accuracy is lower (doesn't matter for zergs but it makes melee COR less great in middle-buff situations), max HP lower, etc.

Leaden Salute should be straight nerfed though. Probably Trueflight too. Remove the goddamn resist wall on top of nerfing these, is the only way to bring back BLM and SCH.

Siren.Sandraa said: »
@Sirris & Shiraj

Lowering Fudo mod/fTP scaling would be a good start. SAM specializes in single-hit WS almost exclusively so I feel like making Fudo multi-hit would be a weird fit as far as gearing.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-01 16:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I know spreadsheets don't show cor as close to top DD jobs, but they aren't accurate. They don't count for human error as much as you'd like. But I've seen some CORs put out some insane melee damage keeping up with melees on stuff like Melee Schah, Albumen, Ambuscade.

In zergs I completely agree though, I can't see anything beating SE DRK or MS WAR.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-11-01 16:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leave trueflight alone. Nerf leaden.
By SimonSes 2019-11-01 17:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I know spreadsheets don't show cor as close to top DD jobs, but they aren't accurate. They don't count for human error as much as you'd like. But I've seen some CORs put out some insane melee damage keeping up with melees on stuff like Melee Schah, Albumen, Ambuscade.

In zergs I completely agree though, I can't see anything beating SE DRK or MS WAR.

Shiraj you really have some confused look on what SE is. It realy isnt that strong even on DRK main. Kaybe with 9999 hp and blood weapon it will be a significant boost, but I think for some reason you keep overestimating it by a lot.