Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » i want to make a H2H for my mnk
i want to make a H2H for my mnk
By Prong 2019-10-30 19:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Aside from the fact the OP seems to be a buffoon based on many, many other posts, not necessarily this one...

Not certain why people have this "bandwagon" issue.

You have a job that basically works well, kind of, in a small handful of situations. Not really insane of a thought not many people would completely master/gear said job when there are 21 other jobs (most of them with far greater utility) to choose from. There is only so much space you have if you truly intend to gear each of your jobs correctly.

Then low and behold...SE decides to make that job MUCH more viable in many situations not only than it was, but than some of the other jobs you've been playing. So, THEN you make the intelligent decision to not only master the job, but properly gear it. You call that, "bandwagoning." I call that, someone smart enough to wait til the job was worth a damn.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-30 19:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not bandwagoning. It's logical to want to do the optimal thing. If square is stupid, you are smart to take advantage of it. (boring as ***, but smart)

Bandwagons just fallassbackwards into the current job that everyone says is good. Then start asking a thousand questions that everyone should already know. Then they take positions away from people that actually like the job.

Oh mr *** who buys gil suddenly decided he wants to play monk and bought bis everything, now i'm stuck on geo again because he bought better gear. That's the problem with bandwagons. He'll steal all the ex monk gear, and then mog house it forever when the new wagon pops. "That guy" is a piece of ***. Don't be and don't play with "that guy".
[+]
By Prong 2019-10-30 19:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
That's not bandwagoning.

Bandwagons just fallassbackwards into the current job that everyone says is good. Then start asking a thousand questions that everyone should already know. Then they take positions away from people that actually like the job.

Oh mr *** who buys gil suddenly decided he wants to play monk and bought bis everything, now i'm stuck on geo again because he bought better gear. That's the problem with bandwagons. he'll steal all the ex monk gear, and then mog house it for a year when the new wagon pops. That guy is a piece of ***.

Perhaps, but how do you read every situation well enough to label it as such? I've already seen people in chat on my server blathering about bandwagoning on ANYONE who is suddenly on the job, which they may have used in the past and had at 99 already. Let's be honest, MNK hasn't really been overly worth maxing out since Ra'kaznar Skirmish. I mean yeah, the OP is an obvious example to what you've mentioned, but your definition involves intent, which is a tough thing to determine at times.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-30 19:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't know and you can't know. But it's a safe bet that the majority are "that guy" and/or fit the profile of bandwagon.

Some people are going to get called bandwagon erroneously, that's life.
By Prong 2019-10-30 19:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't know and you can't know. But it's a safe bet that the majority are that guy and/or fit the profile of bandwagon.

Some people are going to get called bandwagon erroneously, that's life.

I disagree that the "majority" are like the OP. I see the majority now re-playing MNK are those as I mentioned....those not dumb enough to waste space maxing it out when it wasn't worth a damn in most situations and now that it is again, choose to re-visit a job they may have once liked playing, but couldn't get an Ambu invite on...ever.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-30 19:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to be clear, not talking about vize at all. and asura is all bandwagons. there are no nonbandwagoners except your true tryhards like draylo and LOH (even they've been guilty of bandwagoning)
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-30 20:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Delve bandwagons coming back to the bandwagon are still bandwagonin'

Gate keeping; the only way you can play monk and not bandwagon is if you had spharai(or)vere pre delve AND made vere for a reason other than to bandwagon mnk in abyssea. (or played it pre h2h acc update, I'll give you a pass if you had it/kept it geared/up to date before the 99% update)
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-30 20:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sandraa said: »
As final note: MNK was trash tier for years and SE was insane slow to buff the class. A lot of MNK mains returned with this update and that "seems" everyone is maining job.

Monk was trash tier as a ZERG job you really misunderstood the concept of Monk.
Monk has been a good job for fights where Subtle Blow strats work well as long as you actually let Monk do what it is good at.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-10-30 21:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Gate keeping; the only way you can play monk and not bandwagon is if you had spharai(or)vere pre delve AND made vere for a reason other than to bandwagon mnk in abyssea. (or played it pre h2h acc update, I'll give you a pass if you had it/kept it geared/up to date before the 99% update)

I strongly disagree with you here. MNK was cleft from the herd long before the REMA/Afterglow Updates. Before that point, making a Relic, Empy or Mythic was only a Marginal Gain AT BEST and 100% Not worth the time barring certain specific exceptions like Yagrush. I’m sorry but there were tons of real MNK Mains that were armed to the teeth, just no REM so that argument automatically fails imo.

I don’t know what you have against popular jobs but witch-hunt s aren’t healthy. If you spot a well-geared retard? Boot him. Otherwise, let us have our fun in peace lol
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-30 21:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

This is why price janking by 1000% is the only logical solution to bandwagon players and you shouldn't ever feel sorry for doing it. They are just going to buy Gil and grab everything that's supposedly good anyways. Best you can do is finesse the hell out of them in the process. Won't matter to them anyhow.

Also, Orpheus's sash now costs the same as an aeonic. There's no update that can correct stupid people
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-30 21:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets keep our "Masturbatory solo scenarios for ourselves" there a lot of jobs that can do better for soloing stuff than MNK did/do. PUP, NIN, BLU, SCH.

I didn't mention anything about soloing. SCH best job for that.

Look at Melee Erinys w/ Mew or Melee Sealed Fate.
Those kinda fights where TP moves are very dangerous are where Monks shine. Prolonging the mob's tp gain is the best way to kill stuff imo. As long as they don't have regain.

I've seen Non-R15 Monks beat Masa SAM, Calad DRK in dyna. Parses aren't accurate. Especially in dyna. Whoever gets least lag and uses more WS wins.
This is ofcourse if all DD jobs are top tier in gear cos naturally, higher WSD comes with it.
By SimonSes 2019-10-30 21:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like I can check all your boxes :P
Also I have a really hard time buying 5/5 shards for MNK, because at that time they were technically very cheap, but we have this RMT guy (at least Im guesing he is RMT) on our server, who was using all MNK shards and void for buyign and selling among few of his mules for 5M each (not sure why he was doing it? Anyone have an idea?). Luckily my friend was making a trip to Asura to buy stuff and bought me everything. I think it was 30M total for almost all shards and voids. Now I see its more like 80M XD
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-30 21:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

Looks like I can check all your boxes :P
Also I have a really hard time buying 5/5 shards for MNK, because at that time they were technically very cheap, but we have this RMT guy (at least Im guesing he is RMT) on our server, who was using all MNK shards and void for buyign and selling among few of his mules for 5M each (not sure why he was doing it? Anyone have an idea?). Luckily my friend was making a trip to Asura to buy stuff and bought me everything. I think it was 30M total for almost all shards and voids. Now I see its more like 80M XD

Yeah monk relic was absurdly cheap about 8-9 months ago.
I bought all 5/5 +2/3 worth of shards/voids for 4-5mil total.
1 Mil for body, hands, legs, feet total. and 3-4 mil for head +2/3.

I wanted to sell them all that I didn't use, but ended up giving them to a friend instead, but their prices are like bare minimum of 1.2M+ lol. Crazy price increase.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-30 21:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

He was price fixing, not very well if you could tell it was him. you need many mules to do it effectively.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-30 21:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Simon it's an underhanded way to catch someone overpaying for an item without paying attention to what's going on. The thing is he didn't even need to do it that way. Could have just done it organically in one transaction. Just list the item an extra 5 mil and some idiot WILL buy it, and then someone will follow up and you have a new list price. Price fixing is an old method they used to do with haubergeons and such back in the day. Now, people will pay just about anything for an in demand item
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-30 23:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh my god. When you said the price of that stupid belt was the same as an aeonic, I just kinda glanced over it. Some dipshit paid 100m then another dipshit paid 150m and another 110m then 150m.
 Asura.Pusheen
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Pusheen 2019-10-31 11:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
As final note: MNK was trash tier for years and SE was insane slow to buff the class. A lot of MNK mains returned with this update and that "seems" everyone is maining job.

Lets keep our "Masturbatory solo scenarios for ourselves" there a lot of jobs that can do better for soloing stuff than MNK did/do. PUP, NIN, BLU, SCH.

Jesus man DNC can't even get an honorable mention?
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2019-10-31 11:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pusheen said: »

Lots of NA people can't and won't SC with other people so DNC is pretty dead in the water until the occasional ambu that needs powerful SC.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-31 11:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. someone thought it was a good idea to pay triple the asking price for a belt, cuz meta said so. We need to start putting Brown Belt in all of Monk sets, so idiots start overpaying for that instead.

edit: sell your epaminondas rings for double when stock hits zero, someone will buy it
[+]
 Asura.Pusheen
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Pusheen 2019-10-31 11:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »
Asura.Pusheen said: »

Lots of NA people can't and won't SC with other people so DNC is pretty dead in the water until the occasional ambu that needs powerful SC.

The quote was talking about soloing I thought. It was a joke though nbd.
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2019-10-31 12:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh my god. When you said the price of that stupid belt was the same as an aeonic, I just kinda glanced over it. Some dipshit paid 100m then another dipshit paid 150m and another 110m then 150m.
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Yes. someone thought it was a good idea to pay triple the asking price for a belt, cuz meta said so. We need to start putting Brown Belt in all of Monk sets, so idiots start overpaying for that instead.

edit: sell your epaminondas rings for double when stock hits zero, someone will buy it
That's how economy works and in an inflated one (where you can make 100M in 1 gain-exp 3-4boxing or just buy gils) that ***is always going to happen. Meta changes all the time and price skyrocket(mnk shards after last update) and drop-just as easily (thf knife in 75 days when NM became force-pop)

At this point Sorry for the SAM mains but Fudo need a nerf.
While definitely one of the top DD, I don't think SAM breaks the balance and definitely not the bandwagoner job by definition (looking at you COR). We are currently in a meta where a lot of jobs can compete for the top slot parser: SAM, WAR, DRK, MNK, DRG, BLU, COR, RUN, crocea RDM. Each of them shines in a different scenario (magic/phys mob resistance, TP moves avoidance, survival using occultation or battuta). The only jobs getting shafted are nuking mages at the moment in term of DPS.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-31 12:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, if any job needs a nerf it's RUN.
SAM is nowhere near as OP as RUN.

Edit: and Cor. Cor is stupidly OP rn.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-10-31 16:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, if any job needs a nerf it's RUN.
SAM is nowhere near as OP as RUN.

Edit: and Cor. Cor is stupidly OP rn.
100% agree

They need to do an Archery update next...
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-10-31 20:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Problem with Vere is way too "annoying" make. Starting with the 2-8 hours NMs camping. Then the abyssea farming without "Multi-box" you will have to merc them to speed up the process.

Two-Leaf Chloris bud x50 = at 800k pop 28M
Ulhuadshi's fang X50 = another 28M
Dragua's Scale x75 = here we go another 40M

Dragua is extremely easy to farm as long as there's not competition, just needs a single 10-15min timed spawn NM if you aren't trying to get chest KIs (which you can do while also farming the actual NM). I just do it while I'm working or something, it's so low effort. Why even bother mercing that?

Chloris, on the other hand, is hell. Which is why it's better to wait for a month with empy items on login points and buy a bunch on mules (seriously worth considering paying the extra $1/mule to max 16 mules for that). 4 items per character = all your Chloris buds (and potentially over a quarter of your Ulhuadshis) from a single month of just logging in daily. I'll never farm or merc a Chloris or Glavoid set again, login points for me. And I'm even waiting on points to finish up my Apademak Horns for Twashtar. We're due here in the next 1-2 months, hoping that's what shows up for November login campaign.

But yeah, it's certainly faster to do Godhands if you have the party or merc.

At least Empy isn't Mythic. Now that's a grind.

In conclusion, get Destroyers.
By SimonSes 2019-11-01 04:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Parry should act like Guard not anymore negating the entire damage.

Im not gonna debate all your points in MNK thread, because ther eis nothing about monk in your entire post, but I will just comment this one thing. I'm 100% sure that this cant be done. Simply because sphagetti code. Parry is probably thrown in in so many places in code, that changing it that drastically at base level is probably not possible anymore.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.