Warrior: DW/Fencer/Polearm/H2H/Ranged.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Warrior: DW/Fencer/Polearm/H2H/Ranged.
Warrior: DW/Fencer/Polearm/H2H/Ranged.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 15 16 17
By Spaitin 2020-01-28 21:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
No.

Especially on a for fun build.

I don't understand what that means. you referring to the axe, acc or the tp minimum?

Not sure what you are objecting to. I assume it is either the use of the axe or the acc?

is it acc? ACC in a group is fairly easy to cap even with the non iLvl axe.

If you are objecting to the axe, not really sure why you would. It is pretty commonly used actually. Go in mhaura right now and you will see a couple using it. Or are you just saying you dont have it? We arnt comparing your builds to anything. just what is considered close to max, and the tp bonus axe is by far the best offhand for mistral and calamity. just assume your offhand has 0 attributes and make 2250 the floor TP. At 2250 TP and fighters roll, calamity is atleast as strong as mistral. Any over TP will pull it even more towards calamity.

Please clarify.
By SimonSes 2020-01-28 23:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Spaitin said: »
ACC in a group is fairly easy to cap even with the non iLvl axe

Using what set tho? Or what buffs? On Blu and Dnc it is possible but it requires a really acc heavy sets (which come more naturally for those jobs too) on top of natural high accuracy that those jobs have from traits and/or gifts. War has no accuracy trait and only gets 36 accuracy total from gifts, so without looking deeply into it (only have access to phone right now) I kinda wondering what you use to bring acc on that offhand to at least 1100 and better 1150 before buffs.
By Spaitin 2020-01-29 12:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Just the standard DW set puts you at 1042 acc on the magian axe. THen you add aggressor (+45) Plus all the acc songs. madrigalx2 + HM + food. It is deff a bit lower than blu/dnc, but you can still use it for content like neak/yakshi. War has a TON more attack than dnc/blu so you dont have to put songs into it. Can do acc instead. I had capped acc on neak/yakshi, never took it higher than that. Not sure what content I would use it for though. I guess ambu, but you would be capped for that. You can make a few small sacrifices and bring that acc up by 30. I use dagon, switch that out for emicho and add another 17 acc.

Pretty easy to add another 47 acc. so 1089 before agressor. So compared to dnc and blu you are at around 1134 before outside buffs+food, using aggressor.

I personally prefer Fencer builds for calamity/mistra/SB. Acc is much less of an issue there, i party with a dnc a lot though. However, decimation spam wins so not much point to it tbh, decimation is stronger even at 3k tp.

ItemSet 371069
Emicho gives us a metric ton of acc. Unless you are on augments, war has very good acc gear for TP phase. If you are using a dolichenus build with this set your acc is kinda silly. 1320+ in each hand before buffs/food/vorseals. ACC gear comes pretty naturally to war in the TP sets as well. We have great options to choose from.
By Fauve 2020-02-21 12:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the augments on the Odyssean Hands, Cape, and Valor Legs on the Impulse Drive set?
By Wotasu 2020-02-21 15:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Str and Wsdmg
By Fauve 2020-02-22 16:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks
 Valefor.Gorns
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2020-02-23 03:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Has been already asked on previous page but would someone share his WAR lua?
Mine is pretty old and doesn’t handle MS up and down.

Thanx !
[+]
 Sylph.Atigev
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Atigev 2020-03-15 20:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Gorns said: »
Has been already asked on previous page but would someone share his WAR lua?
Mine is pretty old and doesn’t handle MS up and down.

Thanx !

This is mine, note I am in the process of upgrading a few pieces of gear, but it works as it should and the one I have been editing and using for years with a few added tweaks.

https://pastebin.com/ahztGkt4
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-03-23 18:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Regarding Cloudsplitter builds, would a fully augmented Augury Cuisses +1 be considerd BiS for the leg slot now, barring a massively superior/lucky augment on Odyssean/Valorous legs?
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2020-03-23 18:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
Regarding Cloudsplitter builds, would a fully augmented Augury Cuisses +1 be considerd BiS for the leg slot now, barring a massively superior/lucky augment on Odyssean/Valorous legs?

I did some math on this over on the BST forum. Basically, it was possible that Valorous could be better, but it required a really good MAB and WSD to be better. I haven't looked at Odyssean, but I suspect it is a similar story.
VIP
By Lili 2020-03-23 18:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fully augmented Augury Cuisses sport 40 STR, 30 MND, and 46 MAB. No macc is the only real bummer.

Base Ody legs have 37 STR, 12 MND and no MAB. So yeah the augment you'd need is quite huge to match Augury for damage, but on Ody you can get high Magic Accuracy easily. I feel like you wouldn't be using Cloudsplitter on anything that requires high magic accuracy, however.

For reference, I was using Eschite Cuisses 35 STR, 12 MND, 23 macc and 25 MAB (and 5 FC, useful for trusts lol), which is basically the same as a mid-range Ody except I didn't have to deal with Oseem.
By Autocast 2020-03-23 18:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

are elemental weapon skills even checked for magic accuracy as far as damage goes? I know species damage reductions apply, but figure if they could actually be resisted through a normal Macc check you would rarely run into resists on even fodder.

Thought ele ws cant miss?

Edit: Oh right they can be resisted, have seen it plenty of times with leaden in dyna D, idk why I blanked on that.
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-03-23 22:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »

I did some math on this over on the BST forum. Basically, it was possible that Valorous could be better, but it required a really good MAB and WSD to be better. I haven't looked at Odyssean, but I suspect it is a similar story.

I've been thinking....

Would it be possible to just go full tilt on MAB in the armor slots, and use accessory slots for Mag. Acc pieces?

Or would the lack of Mag. Acc from accessories not justify going full tilt on MAB in the armor slots?
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2020-03-24 21:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »
I feel like you wouldn't be using Cloudsplitter on anything that requires high magic accuracy, however.

Way back when Delve was still relevant content, we used to use Cloudsplitter to kill Tojil. That was forever ago. I cannot imagine a situation now where you would purposefully build around Cloudsplitter now. There are better jobs for magic damage. I think Cloudsplitter's role now is to close a chain while another job is MBing off of it for the real damage. It can't miss so it's extremely reliable. So a CP party, pretty much.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2020-04-05 11:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm for Shining one Impulse Drive sets, I originally went STR + WSD but I'm seeing crit do a lot for it's damage. What slots would people be switching out for +Crit Damage / Crit Rate?
By malakef 2020-04-05 12:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Where does Lugra Earring +1 go in the Fencer builds for Naegling?

Nowhere I don't think. Unless you do not have a thrud OR you don't need moonshade cause of holding high TP.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-04-05 12:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Where does Lugra Earring +1 go in the Fencer builds for Naegling?
Capped TP
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By ashcrow 2020-04-09 06:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Made these R15 a few days ago. Haven't had time to mess with them yet. I think they may belong to a very, very specific set. Anyone else try these out on any builds? The -tp is sad but otherwise decent stats.
Edit: R15 stats are;
[1] Accuracy +30
[2] Critical Hit Rate +5%
[3] STR/DEX/VIT/AGI/INT/MND/CHR +10

SEEMS like a decent set for pld crit and hi
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2020-04-09 06:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Made these R15 a few days ago. Haven't had time to mess with them yet. I think they may belong to a very, very specific set. Anyone else try these out on any builds? The -tp is sad but otherwise decent stats.
Edit: R15 stats are;
[1] Accuracy +30
[2] Critical Hit Rate +5%
[3] STR/DEX/VIT/AGI/INT/MND/CHR +10

BLU PLD RDM CDC pants?
By SimonSes 2020-04-09 06:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

ashcrow said: »

Its War thread, but anyway :Hi has Kendatsuba +1 legs, which has higher every relevant stat for that WS.
By ashcrow 2020-04-09 07:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
ashcrow said: »

Its War thread, but anyway :Hi has Kendatsuba +1 legs, which has higher every relevant stat for that WS.
thats why i said DECENT
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2020-04-09 22:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mysticzero said: »
Polearm Weapon Skills
Impulse Drive: Delivers a twofold attack. Damage varies with TP.
Physical > 100% STR > TP 1000 fTP:1.0 > 2000 fTP: 3.0(?) > 3000 fTP: 5.5(?)
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Impulse_Drive
ItemSet 369345 ItemSet 369346 ItemSet 369347

Has War Beads +2 & R15 Sailfi Belt +1 replaced neck & waist slot for Impulse Drive now? I can't tell what the hierarchy here is from set 1 to set 2.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-04-10 00:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
Asura.Mysticzero said: »
Polearm Weapon Skills
Impulse Drive: Delivers a twofold attack. Damage varies with TP.
Physical > 100% STR > TP 1000 fTP:1.0 > 2000 fTP: 3.0(?) > 3000 fTP: 5.5(?)
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Impulse_Drive
ItemSet 369345 ItemSet 369346 ItemSet 369347

Has War Beads +2 & R15 Sailfi Belt +1 replaced neck & waist slot for Impulse Drive now? I can't tell what the hierarchy here is from set 1 to set 2.

Fotia should be replaced. I treat my Impulse set the same as my Savage Blade set.
[+]
By Spaitin 2020-04-12 19:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Two sets I find do about the same for impulse.
Kinda considering begruding on this. I have a DM augment on legs and feet though.
ItemSet 372301

I basically only use this one now. I dont impulse much anymore though.

ItemSet 366516

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-05-06 22:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »
I feel like you wouldn't be using Cloudsplitter on anything that requires high magic accuracy, however.

Question here; playing devil's advocate for bettering reasons. Why couldn't we use Cloudsplitter? For example in ddyna, if our group is doing mage buffs/debuffs. Or like a wave1 boss killer? Trying to think outside the box.

To play a tank that can serve up as many WS options as WAR has to have some advantage is lower man setups?

Sort of like sch, but tanking too lol?
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 15 16 17