Warrior: DW/Fencer/Polearm/H2H/Ranged.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Warrior: DW/Fencer/Polearm/H2H/Ranged.
Warrior: DW/Fencer/Polearm/H2H/Ranged.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 15 16 17
 Asura.Outlawbruce
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-01-13 07:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Kikomizuhara said: »
Odin.Willster said: »
Building Farsha because...well, something different I guess. Would dingleberry (reis Axe) be the go to sub for the double attack or what else?
I do Fencer with farsha.

Finished mine not too long ago. Just to be done. But definitely gonna start building some sets for it. Theres not a lot of information on numbers from it. So gonna test it dual wield and fencer.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-01-13 07:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mrkillface said: »
Spaitin said: »
not exactly.

stardiver can crit

This is news to me.

Shining one lets all Polearm WS's crit, thought the built in rate isn't very high at 5/10/15. Warrior's own crit bonus's with merits though raise that to 25/30/35. Then dDex can add another ~15 though not sure how often that will happen as we gear it for STR primarily.
By SimonSes 2020-01-13 10:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Then dDex can add another ~15 though not sure how often that will happen as we gear it for STR primarily.

Almost never on anything serious. Unless maybe with Impact sometimes.
By Kikomizuhara 2020-01-14 04:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

that Thrud earring.
Asura.Outlawbruce said: »
Building Farsha because...well, something different I guess. Would dingleberry (reis Axe) be the go to sub for the double attack or what else?
I do Fencer with farsha.

Finished mine not too long ago. Just to be done. But definitely gonna start building some sets for it. Theres not a lot of information on numbers from it. So gonna test it dual wield and fencer.

I'm getting 38-42k on calamity these days but I still need to get that Thrud earring.
By Spaitin 2020-01-17 23:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm getting 38-42k on calamity these days but I still need to get that Thrud earring.

Calamity has been hitting pretty solid numbers for a long time now.

So something I have been doing a ton of is Scythe lately with drepanum. Spiral hell hits pretty dang hard and inside of escha can hit silly hard.

I usually party in a sam war geo cor bard whm, set up. Sam spams impulse and war spams Spiral hell. The nice thing is that impulse and spiral hell make darkness both ways.
By Kikomizuhara 2020-01-18 17:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh what kind of WS numbers?
By Spaitin 2020-01-18 17:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Spiral hell is pretty meh below 2k. So i usually have warcry up when I use it.

between 2k and 3k it hits anywhere from 39k - 71k inside of escha. 71k must be a trip procc or something. 50k + is pretty common inside of escha. Outside of escha it loses a bit of it's luster. First hit inside of escha is doing something like 53k at 3k TP. extra hits doing like an extra 11k each. Not positive though.

Havnt paid enough attention to give you a confident average. Not saying it is beating out shining one or the other more popular options. But it does hit hard and is an interesting option. warrants more play time.

ItemSet 369811

Using this set with thrudd earring below 3k TP. and if I have 3k TP. using thrudd and ishvara. Cant really tell if engraved OR metalsinger is doing me any better.

15 STR and 4 WSD on gear. I actually have DM augments so my numbers might be a bit better than the average.

**** i would now say I am getting better DPS with drepanum than I am with shining one.
By Spaitin 2020-01-27 19:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I did 36 neak kills using drepanum keeping warcry up for every fight. Spiral hell spam. It might actually be the best WS spam war has during warcry (not including SC). Was averaging between 53k-57k spamming as fast as possible. With MS we did 90k+ averages (onchyphora). Does suffer from the curse of fudo though, which can be annoying. Without warcry it falls pretty far behind. Used parses to keep track of WS averages.

It actually handily beat reso and impulse drive builds.

GEO COR BARD WHM SAM WAR was the set up for neak. 2 cors and no sam for onchy. sam/fighter fury/frail HM VM atk/acc boost str entrust str. add mnk and tact for onchy.

War was the tank with retal up so TP gain was pretty insane.

I think you could get rid of merits into reso and just keep spiral hell.

You get a 3 hit build (ws +1 attack round) to 1123 TP + 950 tp bonus. so a minimum of 2073 TP + any extra attacks/retal proccs. Spiral hell really responds well to over TP, probably why it works so well on war.

Probably should do the neak spam without a DPS partner because the mob died so fast.
[+]
By BlaTheTaru 2020-01-27 19:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Would valorous with crit hit damage be used for stardiver during MS?
By Spaitin 2020-01-27 20:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 366564

This set for mighty strikes reso and stardiver. However, mighty strikes reso will waffle stomp MS impulse or stardiver. Might even win on some of the piercing weak mobs too. Can use val head and regal ring as well.

With the same sets during ms, reso will be something like 30% stronger than stardiver. and around 25% stronger than impulse. Assuming a roughly 2k effective TP value. Difference goes more in favor of reso as TP goes higher.

If you are in an alliance and using dnc featherstep + rogues roll + blood rage, you can use the MS set for stardiver since you would be over 100% crit rate. Shining one can really "shine" if you have alliance buffs. 2 cors and a dnc come to mind.

With those buffs, alternating stardiver and impulse can get extremely good dps on wave three boss. Basically like having something similar to a MS spam for an entire fight.
 Odin.Willster
Server: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Willster 2020-01-27 22:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Calamity basically Savage Blade build? Would tp axe sub be good?
By Spaitin 2020-01-27 23:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah SB build

Naegling SB build will beat calamity builds.
 Odin.Willster
By Odin.Willster 2020-01-27 23:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah SB build

Shhh, don't make me regret farsha
By Spaitin 2020-01-27 23:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah SB build

farsha gets a pretty interesting white damage build. Ill ask my freind for the set, but with a dnc it can be quite strong (stronger than ukon anyway)

100% crit hit rate with 100 DA while having the Triple damage proc with the extra DA dmg. Then your calamity spam will be around 40k average. It is quite good actually.

That build is pretty competitive with most DPS builds war has. just kinda weird to buff for.

Looked something like this. Not positive.

ItemSet 371046

Going /mnk allowed for some kinda hilarious things with counterstance + retal.
 Odin.Willster
By Odin.Willster 2020-01-28 03:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks bud
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-01-28 10:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Question,

Why are people using Calamity over Mistral Axe?

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Calamity

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Mistral_Axe

Both are single hit attacks, with extra off hand if dual wielding. Both have 50% STR as the primary mod while Calamity has an additional 50% VIT. Mistrals fTP values are much better then Calamity, as in a 2K Mistral has slightly better fTP then a 3K Calamity, it's the same as Savage Blade.

Calamity,
2.5 / 6.5 / 10.375

Mistral
4.0 / 10.5 / 13.625

For Comparison Savage Blade
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Savage_Blade
4.0 / 10.25 / 13.75

I can see the VIT adding an extra 20~25% damage, but it's still behind the curve. Plus Mistral has the benefit that if a monster moves out of range, you don't lose your TP and still land the WS.
[+]
 Odin.Willster
By Odin.Willster 2020-01-28 12:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Good question and I didn't know that. I'm still trying to figure out to single or DW. It was just on dragons, but man did I crit a lot with single wield Frasha.
I also made the tp axe, so I'll play around with that too and Mistral.
By Spaitin 2020-01-28 15:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are people using Calamity over Mistral Axe?
Calamity is hitting harder with certain weapons than mistral. 50% vit mod on a job that has lots of vit is nice. I have not mathed out why it hits harder, but it does.

The range thing is nice on mistral, but rarely would I call it a requirement.

The difference between mistral and calamity is quite small though.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-01-28 15:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Calamity is hitting harder with certain weapons than mistral. 50% vit mod on a job that has lots of vit is nice. I have not mathed out why it hits harder, but it does.

Something somewhere is wrong then because the 50% VIT is only about ~25% increase in base damage. I tested both of these awhile back when I was doing Fencer and Dual Axe builds, Mistral consistently hit harder due to better fTP scaling. The only place they get remotely close is near 3K as /NIN due to the off hand hit bringing the fTP closer.

Axe Damage is around 200, STR bonus should be another 200~250, then fSTR for 25~30. We're not gearing for VIT, though it's really nice when we get it, definitely the best secondary stat, so maybe another 130 bonus damage from VIT. I gotta check the exact numbers when I get home later.

At 1K TP with Moonshade

Mistral
5.625 + 1.0

Calamity
3.5 + 1.0

Are you doing this inside escha with double vorseals by chance? We'd need a lot of VIT for the extra 50% mod to make up the difference in fTP growth.

The range thing is just a perk in high lag situations.
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2020-01-28 16:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Can a few people please post their current war lua so I can see what gear and sets they are using. Thanks (most of the luas posted here are much older and nothing helps more then seeing the different sets and conditions)

Edit
Whoops meant to post this in main War thread..
By Spaitin 2020-01-28 17:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

BST guide also came to the same conclusion of calamity hitting harder.

Inside of escha calamity pulls away a bit more. But dmg is pretty similar.

I assume most people are like me and comparing fencer builds with warcry. which is giving 1780 TP bonus. If using the tp axe, then 1950 TP bonus. So you really can only compare extremely high TP values.

At low TP values mistral looks like it would win handily. but fencer/DW war doesn't believe in low TP values.

I beleive you are underestimating how much vit war is getting and overestimating the str a bit.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-01-28 17:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Warcry only up 60s out of 4.5 minutes, looking at sustained damage. I CPed BST to 2100 as /NIN using Aeonic, that's how I know the damage between Mistral and Calamity. Specifically on lota of Apex frogs and fish. Now I can see Calamity winning around 3K since thats where the TP growth is the smallest. Spamming would be around 2K (1250 with Aeonic) which is where they are greatest difference.

On WAR, well we would use Decimation at 1K. But if we're wanting to use the others during Warcry then should be mistral at 1K (1950 virtial TP). I'd prefer shining one due to it benefiting from both warcry and blood rage.
By Spaitin 2020-01-28 18:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna be closer to 190 dmg from str and 136 from vit if using farsha. R15 farsha will provide the most str dmg gap

around 178 dmg from str if using barb+1.

If using dolichenus for whatever reason, str dmg is gonna be around 165 and give calamity it's biggest edge.

however, i Would never use mistral/calamity with dolichenus equipped. even at 3k tp, decimation would win.

Id prefer most builds over calamity or mistral.

Shovel isnt the ideal weapon for calamity surprisingly. But this is the war thread, so we should be talking war builds.

Even under entrust str and boost str calamity seems to edge it out.

Granted been a couple months since I tested it. Thrud earrig is new since i played with it. That would actually favor calamity though.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-01-28 18:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm at the Asian supermarket with the wife, once I get home I'll check the stats on Axe WS sets.
 Odin.Willster
By Odin.Willster 2020-01-28 18:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah SB build

farsha gets a pretty interesting white damage build. Ill ask my freind for the set, but with a dnc it can be quite strong (stronger than ukon anyway)

100% crit hit rate with 100 DA while having the Triple damage proc with the extra DA dmg. Then your calamity spam will be around 40k average. It is quite good actually.

That build is pretty competitive with most DPS builds war has. just kinda weird to buff for.

Looked something like this. Not positive.

Going /mnk allowed for some kinda hilarious things with counterstance + retal.
So, added that set up and it's not 100 dbl...or am I missing something?
By Spaitin 2020-01-28 18:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fighters roll probably
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-01-28 18:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Or Ifrit
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-01-28 19:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok got done playing around a bit with semi-optimized gear. I don't have Farsha nor do I plan on getting one so I used Dolichenus main and Reikiko off. I also have a Digirbalag with STr +11 Acc +19 Store TP +3, was never able to get a really good one of those.

With the Reikiko off hand

415 WDMG on Mistral vs 596 on Calamitt, so Calamity has 43.6% more base damage.

The caveat here is my Odyssean hands / legs are augmented for Upheaval so VIT +14/WSD+4 hands and VIT +10/WSD+4 Legs. Since I don't expect anyone on here to be making a STR/WSD set of Odyssean (maybe Impulse Drive love?) we'll just take them as is.

This gives 37% higher Base Damage to Calamity, higher then I originally anticipated but then again all we all use Upheaval and our second highest stat is usually VIT or DEX.

At 1250 (Moonshade) their fTP is 47% different, at 2K (Moonshade) they are 53% apart. At 3K they are 28.5% different.

The Calamity set was pretty much as optimized as it could be, it's Upheaval but with a STR back piece. Mistral could be optimized a big more with different hands / legs, that's a bit too much for a curiosity set though. The result was Mistral wins at 1K through 2 or 2.5K but then Calamity takes over the closer you get to 3K. Multi-Attacks might pull that value down a bit closer to 2K, we're not gearing for it but that's worth at least .7 ~ 1.0 fTP and I didn't bother calculating out the average on that.

I can imagine if people would think Calamity is better if they were only WSing close to 3K. 2K is the optimal WS range though, like Savage Blade and Impulse Drive.
By Spaitin 2020-01-28 20:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If you plan on doing it as a dual wield. I would use the TP axe in offhand. You can cap acc pretty easily on everything. So 2250 minimal tp .
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-01-28 20:57:27
Link | Quote | Reply

If you plan on doing it as a dual wield. I would use the TP axe in offhand. You can cap acc pretty easily on everything. So 2250 minimal tp .

No.

Especially on a for fun build.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 15 16 17